More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:15:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Updater (v2.8.3 - Updated 2013-10-16)
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Updater (v2.8.3 - Updated 2013-10-16)  (Read 374056 times)
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
AwesomeMod Updater (v2.8.3 - Updated 2013-10-16)
« on: 2010 August 07, 11:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod Updater
Slightly based on darkorical's and CaptaiNemo's versions.

This batch file automatically updates AwesomeMod (and other MATY TS3 hacks, if in use) when you start your game. That is, when you change your shortcut to point to this batch file.

Features
  • It deletes scriptCache.package if necessary
  • It also updates 3booter, FPS Limiter, RuleOf6, NoGreenHair and StrayGnomeFix and puts them into the right folder
  • It's user friendly. If something goes wrong, it displays the user an error code and error message
  • You can place the file wherever you want
  • It notifies the user when an update is available
  • It automatically determines whether the user needs the stable or test AwesomeMod version
  • It is able to automatically install AwesomeMod if necessary
  • Everything is automated!

Windows only!
Please note it only works with the 'new' (post-Ambitions) way of installing custom content in package format.

What does it do
Step 1: It checks for updates to itself and prompts the user if an update is available.
Step 2: It reads your The Sims 3 directory from the registry.
Step 3: It creates a new folder inside My Documents, called "AwesomeMod Updater". The .zip files will be stored here.
Step 4: It checks if AwesomeMod is compatible with your current game version.
Step 5: It downloads the files if newer versions are available.
Step 6: It searches for awesome.package, ruleof6.package, nogreenhair.package, and straygnomefix.package somewhere in Documents\Electronic Arts\ and replaces them with the newly downloaded ones.
Step 7: It moves 3booter and FPS Limiter to the base game folder.
Step 8: It starts 3booter.

Easy installer
You can use this as an easy installer for 3booter and FPS Limiter. It can also install AwesomeMod if you don't have it yet.
Please note that the updater does not install RuleOf6, NoGreenHair and StrayGnomeFix if you don't already have them in your Mods folder.

Q: Why would I use 3booter and/or FPS Limiter?
A: There's definitely no harm at all in using 3booter or FPS Limiter. In fact:
If the game crashes within 30 seconds of an attempted start, 3booter will kick it in the taco.
and, the most important part:
FAILURE TO DO THIS CAN RESULT IN YOUR VERY EXPENSIVE NEW VIDEO CARD BECOMING A VERY EXPENSIVE LUMP OF FUSED HARDWARE!

Download (v2.8.3.196)

Old versions
Please note that old versions don't include wget.exe and unzip.exe. Get them from the latest version's .zip file.
Old versions might not be compatible with the current way of installing things or even mess things up. Use them at your own risk.
v2.8.2.194
v2.8.1.185
v2.8.0.181
v2.7.2.172
v2.6.1.148
v2.5.1.125
v2.4.1.110
v2.3.0.89
If you are looking for a specific old version, send me a PM.
« Last Edit: 2014 January 23, 14:09:03 by basbas » Logged
rednotdead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater Revived
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 07, 15:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for this.  I installed it and edited the bat file (as my awesome.package is stored in Mods/Awesome folder and it works like a dream.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 07, 17:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had been using the old one that checked if a new version was available before trying to grab it. I did modify the batch file to look for the files in the new directory under My Document and to also delete the cache files every time before installing. Still I will grab this one as it's more of an all in one solution and is being updated.

It also seems a lot more tard noob friendly so hopefully we can beat them with sticks gently suggest they use this tool to avoid 'ZOMG GAM SEZ ITZ XPRED WUT DO i DO???1111111eleventyone' posts

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 07, 17:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

as my awesome.package is stored in Mods/Awesome folder
Yeah, mine is too. I also read about others who store it there. Will be included in v1.3.
jjneve
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater Revived (v1.3 - Updated 08/08/2010)
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 13, 18:54:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks so much for this ... works great
Kirkam
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 13, 23:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got an Error code 11 and need to edit the .bat file because I have everything installed on an external drive - G: Program Files (x86) 

I  know I need to replace all %ProgramFiles% to point to the directory where I have the base game and extras  installed but I don't know the correct command. I've tried using G: and (G) but it's not working. AM works great and I've never had a problem with it. I just got the *will expire* notice and would like to use the updater.

Any help would be appreciated.

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, UR still retarded!
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 August 14, 08:28:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got an Error code 11 and need to edit the .bat file because I have everything installed on an external drive - G: Program Files (x86) 

I  know I need to replace all %ProgramFiles% to point to the directory where I have the base game and extras  installed but I don't know the correct command. I've tried using G: and (G) but it's not working. AM works great and I've never had a problem with it. I just got the *will expire* notice and would like to use the updater.

Any help would be appreciated.
Open the batch file with Notepad, click Edit > Replace and fill in the fields like this:

Click "Replace all" and save the file. Let me know if it works.
Kirkam
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 August 14, 22:00:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

basbas ur awesome! Yes, it worked! Grin

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win, UR still retarded!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 August 14, 23:09:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

basbas ur awesome! Yes, it worked! Grin

It is "YOU'RE," a contraction of "YOU ARE," not fucking "UR".

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Kirkam
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 August 15, 01:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I typed just what the fuck I meant. Wink

Ur still awesome basbas!

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 August 15, 03:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I typed just what the fuck I meant. Wink

Ur still awesome basbas!

You MEANT to look like a fucking retard?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 August 15, 07:02:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's only one acceptable use of U're.

FOCUS Kirkas!

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 August 15, 07:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Et tu, Madame?

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 August 15, 13:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who me? And I stand by my statement - the only acceptable place for poor english/spelling is when you're forcing a word/spelling into a place it wouldn't normally fit Poets have been doing it for centuries and I thought the acronym FOCUS was a perfect example of this. Lazyness alone does not justify leaving letters out.

This is where I would usually make a disparaging comment about Americans being unable to spell Neighbourhood and colour correctly.
« Last Edit: 2010 August 17, 11:16:35 by Madame Mim » Logged

jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 August 15, 15:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is where I would usually make a disparaging comment about Americans being unable to spell Neighourhood and colour correctly.

Heh.  Yes, we usually include a "b".

basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater Revived (v1.4 - Updated 08/16/2010)
« Reply #15 on: 2010 August 16, 11:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to v1.4
Now automatically checks install location and language.
rednotdead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater Revived (v1.4 - Updated 08/16/2010)
« Reply #16 on: 2010 August 16, 12:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just downloaded and replaced the old version.  Thank you for including a automatic search for the install folder.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 August 17, 11:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is where I would usually make a disparaging comment about Americans being unable to spell Neighourhood and colour correctly.

Heh.  Yes, we usually include a "b".

I'll pay that one.

basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater Revived (v1.5 - Updated 08/18/2010)
« Reply #18 on: 2010 August 18, 09:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to v1.5
The updater is hyper-automatic now. It searches for awesome.package and replaces it with the new one.
I had to change the storage folder. It is now: "Documents\AwesomeMod Updater Revived" instead of "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Updater". The updater will delete the old folder before creating the new one.
rednotdead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 August 25, 08:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where it says 'reg query "HKLM\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 World Adventures" etc in the batch files - does this make a differance as my path on my computer seems to be HKLM\Software\Wow6432NOde\Electronic Arts\Sims\
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 August 25, 09:34:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Where it says 'reg query "HKLM\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 World Adventures" etc in the batch files - does this make a differance as my path on my computer seems to be HKLM\Software\Wow6432NOde\Electronic Arts\Sims\
If HKLM\Software\Sims\The Sims 3 World Adventures also exists, it doesn't make a difference and it should work.
If it doesn't exist, post it here and I'll fix it.
rednotdead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 August 25, 10:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No the  "HKLM\Software\Sims\ " path does not exist on my computer at all they are all under HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims (version name ie 3, World Adventures, etc)" path so when I run the tool it says the folder cannot be found but it stilll continues with the rest of the program.  In fact the 'strange' way it seems to be confused me when I was trying to find the codes for my games to reinstall them and they were not where all the help pages I tried looking up said they would be, it was a stroke of luck that I found a reference to the Wow6432 folder.  I am not that computer savvy so I dont know if I would be safe in copying the files and creating a HKLM\Software\Sims file
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater Revived (v1.6 - Updated 08/25/2010)
« Reply #22 on: 2010 August 25, 12:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No the  "HKLM\Software\Sims\ " path does not exist on my computer at all they are all under HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Sims (version name ie 3, World Adventures, etc)" path so when I run the tool it says the folder cannot be found but it stilll continues with the rest of the program.  In fact the 'strange' way it seems to be confused me when I was trying to find the codes for my games to reinstall them and they were not where all the help pages I tried looking up said they would be, it was a stroke of luck that I found a reference to the Wow6432 folder.  I am not that computer savvy so I dont know if I would be safe in copying the files and creating a HKLM\Software\Sims file
I didn't know that 64-bit systems store the 32-bit registry values there. I'll add a check for it.

EDIT: It should work now. Please report back.
rednotdead
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 August 25, 12:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes it seems to find the folders now thank you
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 August 25, 12:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to v1.6
Fixed bad registry check on x64 systems.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: