More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 08:48:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Updater (v2.8.3 - Updated 2013-10-16)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Updater (v2.8.3 - Updated 2013-10-16)  (Read 374041 times)
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater Revived (v1.7.1 - Updated 09/11/2010)
« Reply #50 on: 2010 September 11, 13:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So your Fast Lane Stuff directory would be "Programm dateien (x86)\Electronic Arts\Die Sims 3\Die Sims 3 Gib Gas - Accessoires"?
Not just "Programm dateien (x86)\Electronic Arts\Die Sims 3 Gib Gas - Accessoires"?

3booter and FPS Limiter don't have to be placed in the Game\Bin directory, so that shouldn't matter.
Use this one below. Please check if the directories the Updater finds match the install directories.

Attachment deleted.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 15, 18:10:28 by basbas » Logged
Kittycataussie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010 September 11, 13:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An odd thing that I've noticed is that when I run the .bat - it only seems to run fps and then open the game IF it got to download an update.  Otherwise, it runs itself and then quickly closes after seeing that there's no new updates and I have to go manually click on fps or my game shortcut.

It's only mildly frustrating, but I wondered what might be causing this.
That's impossible. It works for me. Are you sure that's the case?

I seem to be having the same problem. I fixed the error 3 message I was getting, but now it runs and then closes itself
Niiro
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010 September 11, 13:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: So your Fast Lane Stuff directory would be "Programm dateien (x86)\Electronic Arts\Die Sims 3\Die Sims 3 Gib Gas - Accessoires"?
Not just "Programm dateien (x86)\Electronic Arts\Die Sims 3 Gib Gas - Accessoires"?

My Sims3 directory Structure is as follows
The Sims 3 64-bit directory: "D:\Die Sims 3"
The Sims 3 World Adventures 64-bit directory: "D:\Die Sims 3\Reiseabenteuer"
The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff 64-bit directory: "D:\Die Sims 3\Luxus"
The Sims 3 Ambitions 64-bit directory: "D:\Die Sims 3\Traumkarrieren"
The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff 64-bit directory: "D:\Die Sims 3\Gib Gas"

It still doesn't launch the 3booter.exe. Same error like the one before. Sad

Edit: Strange enough I checked your batch file. Normally I'd say it should start, and I can execute 3booter manually. *ponders where the error is*
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010 September 11, 14:12:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An odd thing that I've noticed is that when I run the .bat - it only seems to run fps and then open the game IF it got to download an update.  Otherwise, it runs itself and then quickly closes after seeing that there's no new updates and I have to go manually click on fps or my game shortcut.

I seem to be having the same problem. I fixed the error 3 message I was getting, but now it runs and then closes itself
That's not specific enough. Are you having this problem: "it only seems to run fps and then open the game IF it got to download an update" or only this one: "but now it runs and then closes itself"?

Edit: So your Fast Lane Stuff directory would be "Programm dateien (x86)\Electronic Arts\Die Sims 3\Die Sims 3 Gib Gas - Accessoires"?

My Sims3 directory Structure is as follows
The Sims 3 64-bit directory: "D:\Die Sims 3"
The Sims 3 World Adventures 64-bit directory: "D:\Die Sims 3\Reiseabenteuer"
The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff 64-bit directory: "D:\Die Sims 3\Luxus"
The Sims 3 Ambitions 64-bit directory: "D:\Die Sims 3\Traumkarrieren"
The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff 64-bit directory: "D:\Die Sims 3\Gib Gas"

It still doesn't launch the 3booter.exe. Same error like the one before. Sad

Edit: Strange enough I checked your batch file. Normally I'd say it should start, and I can execute 3booter manually. *ponders where the error is*
This one pauses at every step. Can you find the cause now?

Attachment deleted.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 13, 07:08:34 by basbas » Logged
Kittycataussie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 September 11, 14:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sorry I was unclear, I don't quote very often. I meant that I run the .bat and it runs thru and then closes the window and nothing else happens
Niiro
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010 September 11, 17:04:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This one pauses at every step. Can you find the cause now?

AHA ! now we got him.
Code:
THE UPDATER WILL NOW MOVE 3BOOTER TO D:\Die Sims 3\Gib Gas
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

C:\Users\Niiro\Documents\AwesomeMod Updater Revived>cd "C:\Users\Niiro\Documents\AwesomeMod Updater Revived"

C:\Users\Niiro\Documents\AwesomeMod Updater Revived>move 3booter.exe "D:\Die Sims 3\Gib Gas"
        1 Datei(en) verschoben.
THE UPDATER WILL NOW MOVE FPS_LIMITER TO D:\Die Sims 3\Gib Gas

C:\Users\Niiro\Documents\AwesomeMod Updater Revived>move FPS_Limiter.exe "D:\Die Sims 3\Gib Gas"
        1 Datei(en) verschoben.

C:\Users\Niiro\Documents\AwesomeMod Updater Revived>move HookHelper.dll "D:\Die Sims 3\Gib Gas"
        1 Datei(en) verschoben.

C:\Users\Niiro\Documents\AwesomeMod Updater Revived>move Limiter_D3D9.dll "D:\Die Sims 3\Gib Gas"
        1 Datei(en) verschoben.

C:\Users\Niiro\Documents\AwesomeMod Updater Revived>echo Operation successful. Starting game...
Operation successful. Starting game...
THE UPDATER WILL NOW CHANGE THE DIRECTORY TO YOUR FAST LANE STUFF 64 BIT INSTALLATION

C:\Users\Niiro\Documents\AwesomeMod Updater Revived>cd "D:\Die Sims 3\Gib Gas"
THE UPDATER WILL NOW START 3BOOTER.

C:\Users\Niiro\Documents\AwesomeMod Updater Revived>3booter.exe
Der Befehl "3booter.exe" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
konnte nicht gefunden werden.
Der Befehl "FINISHED" ist entweder falsch geschrieben oder
konnte nicht gefunden werden.
Seems there is a path in there, that shouldn't be there. If you're changing the directory to launch the sims3, you won't need anything in front of the exe, right?
Though, I can't tell where the path get's added ... Sad

Hope you can figure it out, and sorry if the messages aren't translated. Hope you can make them out anyway Smiley
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater Revived (v1.7 - Updated 09/10/2010)
« Reply #56 on: 2010 September 11, 18:19:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting error code 1 with the test version.
With Vista it's like John\Documents instead of John\MyDocuments. Could it be that?
Follow the instructions I gave to Farbaute in reply #34. He/she didn't reply yet, maybe you can.
Yeah it's the same.
C:\Users\username\Documents
Ms_Tamany
Blathering Buffoon

Utterly unAwesome

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010 September 12, 03:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi.  I'm using the newest version of AwesomeMod Updater (v. 1.7.1, posted today).  I have followed the installation instructions, placing the wget.exe and unzip.exe files directly into the Windows directory.  My mods are installed the New Way and are working fine.  I'm running Windows XP SP2 (32-bit).  I have all the expansion packs and stuff packs, and am fully patched up to 4.3.

I keep getting errors, though.  The batch file correctly identifies my Documents folder, but then complains that the Mods folder is not there, when it clearly is.  Also, the batch file keeps complaining that it can't find the 64-bit registry locations ... which patently aren't there on a 32-bit OS.  

I have attached screenshots of both the DOS window running the batch file (with errors) and the directory tree showing the path to my AM installation (I downloaded it today, but the file date still says 9-7-2010).  I would be happy to provide you with any further information you need, if you can tell me how to find it.

Thank you!

* AwesomeMod Updater errors.pdf (277.74 KB - downloaded 454 times.)

-----
This sig don't say nothing.
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 September 12, 12:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sorry I was unclear, I don't quote very often. I meant that I run the .bat and it runs thru and then closes the window and nothing else happens
Can you post a screenshot, like Bumble did one page back?

Hope you can figure it out,
The weird thing is that I can't reproduce this. It should change the active directory to the FLS directory ("D:\Die Sims 3\Gib Gas"), and it looks like it does,
Code:
C:\Users\Niiro\Documents\AwesomeMod Updater Revived>cd "D:\Die Sims 3\Gib Gas"
but it just continues in the Updater directory:
Code:
C:\Users\Niiro\Documents\AwesomeMod Updater Revived>3booter.exe
and this doesn't happen on my machine. Hhm.

and sorry if the messages aren't translated. Hope you can make them out anyway Smiley
Oh, my German is good enough, thanks.

Yeah it's the same.
Well, is there actually an Electronic Arts folder present in "C:\Users\username\Documents"?

I have followed the installation instructions, placing the wget.exe and unzip.exe files directly into the Windows directory.
Did you do it right? Error 3 means: "The updater couldn't find a file named "wget.exe" in your Windows directory."

but then complains that the Mods folder is not there, when it clearly is.
What error code do you get? There's no evidence in the screenshots.

Also, the batch file keeps complaining that it can't find the 64-bit registry locations
That's normal.
Kittycataussie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010 September 12, 13:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it goes too fast at the very end for me to pause it, but i caught that it was saying something about moving the files. And if I can get the pause to work, but I'm sorry I don"t know how to screen capture
  I found where it dumps the downloaded files, but I can't tell that it opened them at all.. does knowing that help?
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010 September 12, 13:23:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it goes too fast at the very end for me to pause it, but i caught that it was saying something about moving the files. And if I can get the pause to work, but I'm sorry I don"t know how to screen capture
  I found where it dumps the downloaded files, but I can't tell that it opened them at all.. does knowing that help?
Use the one in reply #53. This one pauses after the registry check. Please check if the results of this check match your installation folders.
Kittycataussie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010 September 12, 13:37:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

silly question to ask now, but do i have to have all the expansion packs for this? I ask because it finds my WA folder, but it closed when it reached the bottom just like the other one
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010 September 12, 13:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

silly question to ask now, but do i have to have all the expansion packs for this? I ask because it finds my WA folder, but it closed when it reached the bottom just like the other one
You don't have to have all the expansion/stuff packs to use this. Do the registry check results match your installation folders?
Kittycataussie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010 September 12, 13:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes it all seems to line up with where it should be
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010 September 12, 14:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah it's the same.
Well, is there actually an Electronic Arts folder present in "C:\Users\username\Documents"?
Yes its precisely the same as what is on my hard drive. It lines up.
Cheetah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010 September 12, 23:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to have the same Error as Tamany.

Files are correctly placed, though the updater says it doesn't find the "Mods"-Folder.

German OS, WinXP SP3
Mods placed The New Way

Perhaps it got something to do with the Documents-Directory? In my case and Tamany's the folder is placed directly on the harddrive. Mine isn't even placed on the Windows-Harddrive, but on "E:\"

I'm not all in batch-programming, but could you do an step-by-step-debug-version, which prints the folder, in which the program works?

I saw in the code, that it should delete the Scriptcache.package before checking for the mods-Folder. In my Sims3-Folder, this file is still present. Maybe it doesn't even change the folder to the Sims3-Folder?

Screenshot attached:

edit:

added an "cd" in the batch-file:

Code:
cd "%docs%\Electronic Arts\*Sims 3"
cd
if exist "Updater" RD "Updater"
if exist scriptCache.package del scriptCache.package
if not exist "Mods" goto :error5

If i run it now, it says that my Desktop is the current folder, where the .bat is located.

tried a bit around in cmd.

While i can create and delete folders and files on other partitions, it is not possible to change the partition I'm working on. I start on "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Chris\" and can change to any other folder on C:\ and create and remove folders on my other harddrives, but if i try to change the partition to "D:\", the program just gives my last position back:

seems to be Niir's problem, too.

Additional Note: Im working with administrative rights, so this shouldn't be the problem.

I can't just move the batch to the drive of my documents folder or my sims-Folder, cause they are on different drives. (documents is on "E:\", Sims is on "F:\")

If i move the bat to E, it works fine with updating, but doesn't start the game, as he can't change the working directory to my Sims-Directory.
« Last Edit: 2010 September 12, 23:58:42 by Cheetah » Logged
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010 September 13, 06:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right. Now we've got the problem. As my game files are on the same partition as my Documents directory, I never noticed it.

I'm currently scouring the internet for a way to change the directory to another partition.

but could you do an step-by-step-debug-version,
Yeah, I already had a plan for that.
Cheetah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 September 13, 12:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you simply enter "D:", you can change the partition.

I don't know how, but i think it's possible to extract the partition from an path and change it prior to the directory change.
You don't even need to check if the current partition is the target partition, you can simply change it. Changing to the current partition does nothing, thus shouldn't be mailicious.
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater Revived (v1.7.2 - Updated 9/15/2010)
« Reply #68 on: 2010 September 15, 18:05:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Adding "/d" to cd works for me.
Code:
cd /d "D:\blah"
The new version should work for you all. Please report!

Updated to v1.7.2
Fixed partition issue.
Matildarose
Asinine Airhead

Don't make kitty sick.

View Profile WWW
Re: AwesomeMod Updater Revived (v1.7.2 - Updated 9/15/2010)
« Reply #69 on: 2010 September 15, 22:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This program is awesome, though I'm currently trying to find a way to use this program in conjunction with granthes's Custom Launcher on MTS, either by somehow forcing the Custom Launcher to open the Updater or by rerouting it. That would be *perfect*.
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010 September 16, 06:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An odd thing that I've noticed is that when I run the .bat - it only seems to run fps and then open the game IF it got to download an update.  Otherwise, it runs itself and then quickly closes after seeing that there's no new updates and I have to go manually click on fps or my game shortcut.

Quite sure.  It happens all the time to me.  It moves so fast I don't have a chance to take a screenshot, but the last thing I see on the black window is a list of the three .zip files it looks for. 
If I'm not up to date - aka, there's a new awesomemod to dl - then it works perfectly after getting the new files.  Everything opens like it's supposed to.  It's only when nothing new needs to be done that it just shuts down.  I'm baffled.

... ok.  I just spent a good bit of time trying to catch that last second before the window closes and nothing else happens.  I'm up to date, so it just repeats the same actions any time I try to run it.

Windows 7, no fancy drive names or extra folders.

Combing through the thread several times trying to see if there was ANYTHING different about how my computer did things, I found this old post of yours
Updated to v1.5
The updater is hyper-automatic now. It searches for awesome.package and replaces it with the new one.
I had to change the storage folder. It is now: "Documents\AwesomeMod Updater Revived" instead of "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Updater". The updater will delete the old folder before creating the new one.
Is it a problem that my 3booter apparently never got deleted?  I seem to have both of these locations at the same time.

testing, by deleting the old folder..... and no.  Nothing happened.  Well, I'm out of ideas. 

-tastes like chikin
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Updater Revived (v1.8 - Updated 9/17/2010)
« Reply #71 on: 2010 September 17, 19:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This program is awesome, though I'm currently trying to find a way to use this program in conjunction with granthes's Custom Launcher on MTS, either by somehow forcing the Custom Launcher to open the Updater or by rerouting it. That would be *perfect*.
You could edit the batch file to point to the Custom Launcher, but you won't have the benefit from 3booter and FPS_Limiter then. You could ask granthes to add such a functionality.

Quite sure.  It happens all the time to me.  It moves so fast I don't have a chance to take a screenshot, but the last thing I see on the black window is a list of the three .zip files it looks for.  
If I'm not up to date - aka, there's a new awesomemod to dl - then it works perfectly after getting the new files.  Everything opens like it's supposed to.  It's only when nothing new needs to be done that it just shuts down.  I'm baffled.
... ok.  I just spent a good bit of time trying to catch that last second before the window closes and nothing else happens.  I'm up to date, so it just repeats the same actions any time I try to run it.
<image>
Windows 7, no fancy drive names or extra folders.
Combing through the thread several times trying to see if there was ANYTHING different about how my computer did things, I found this old post of yours
Updated to v1.5
The updater is hyper-automatic now. It searches for awesome.package and replaces it with the new one.
I had to change the storage folder. It is now: "Documents\AwesomeMod Updater Revived" instead of "Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Updater". The updater will delete the old folder before creating the new one.
Is it a problem that my 3booter apparently never got deleted?  I seem to have both of these locations at the same time.
testing, by deleting the old folder..... and no.  Nothing happened.  Well, I'm out of ideas.  
Try v1.8. Also, make sure you have installed AwesomeMod already.

Updated to v1.8
- Fixed Jessnova's issue;
- Added better support for non-Latin alphabet installations (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai and Taiwanese).
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010 September 18, 05:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't suppose I can just use it without FPSLimter? I use the Nvidia control panal to force vsync at 60fps.
Jessnova
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010 September 18, 07:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh.  Of course I have awesomemod installed.  I used it to destroy all humans earlier today, so there's no question it's there and working as it should.
Docs>EA>Sims3>Mods>Awesome, all as it should be in the new install path.

Downloaded and ran new version.  Screen looked different, but still closed without opening fps or 3booter.  Just to test something, I renamed the existing Updater folder so it would re-download the files needed.  Ran again, new folder was generated with exactly the same content as old folder - but neither fps, 3booter, nor Sims3 initiated.

Would it make a difference if not ALL of the expansion/stuff packs were updated?  I was lazy this last update and didn't follow up after it auto-updated Base and Current like it tends to do, ignoring the others.  I can't see as how this would make a terrible difference, as not everyone is going to have updated.

I'm going to update what I can while I scratch my head in confusion.

-tastes like chikin
Ishigreensa
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2010 September 18, 10:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Laziness is one thing.  UR I agree, is just plain retard looking, but to assult the way someone has always used their language by comparing Color and colour is going overboard.
American English is NOT the same as British English.
This is appearent in calling the hood of a car a bonnet, which to an American is a hat for a woman and a hood with has 2 meanings, the car's engine cover and the hat piece attached to a sweat shirt, a coat, or similar garment.

Black English is somewhat different, too, and I would not fault them if they spelled something fo' instead of for. 
Please be open minded when you talk to people, and be sure you are not assaulting a culture rather than just laziness.
Thanks
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: