More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 19:54:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Karate Uniforms
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Karate Uniforms  (Read 17966 times)
chowhound
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Karate Uniforms
« on: 2010 August 06, 01:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to change the karate uniforms to something else. When you reach level 10 you have a bunch of clothes slots that could be used for something else
if it was possible to change them. I know the Super computer Mod allows you to change a work uniform.
Elyasis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Karate Uniforms
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 06, 15:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=1058.0

Here you go.
chowhound
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 06, 23:13:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That isn't really what I was looking for, I want to change what is in the uniform slots to something else.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 07, 01:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are not actually finite uniform slots, so this is sort of nonsensical.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 07, 17:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well technically though you can do a default replacement for any item or outfit in the game and swap it for something else. It can be done in IngePE but does require some degree of technical know how. IngePE does not hold your hand but instead expects you to already know what the fuck you are doing.

I have no idea about TSRW because I have never used it and don't ever plan to install that thing on any computer I own. I suspect it does a lot more hand holding than IngePE, but I don't know if it handles default replacement of EAxis items.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Jeeves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 08, 00:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you just mean changing the clothing (having Martial Arts 4 as a dress or whatever), one extremely inefficient way to do this (assuming you have AwesomeMod) could be to set an everyday/formal/whatever outfit and copy it over the specific martial arts outfit. I'm not sure if AwesomeMod lets you edit martial arts outfits like you would the others, so this is the only semi-easy way I could think of to accomplish this.

If you mean moving outfits (having Martial Arts 4 appear under Everyday or whatever) or changing default martial arts outfits, then I have no idea.

Quote from: Asstear
6. Banned me from my own forum
chowhound
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 August 09, 22:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Using the old super computer now called master control using edit sim in cas option I was able to change the maids work outfit from the standard something else and I did that for each maid
so they all have different outfits but the matrial arts ones don't show up the same way. I really ony want to change the highest level uniforms the rest could stay as they are.
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 August 26, 02:11:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like JM said there actually isn't a martial art slot per say, it's somewhat random but loosely based off of your everyday... I say somewhat random because one time my sim shaved his beard and needed glasses whenever he did martial arts but didn't need glasses and grew his beard back when finished. If you have socks on your everyday outfit when you gain level 1 martial arts you will have socks on your martial arts outfits... Only fix for that is to get rid of all martial arts skill, take your socks off and then relearn it.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 August 26, 07:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have socks on your everyday outfit when you gain level 1 martial arts you will have socks on your martial arts outfits... Only fix for that is to get rid of all martial arts skill, take your socks off and then relearn it.

Are you sure about that?  My male sims always have socks on their feet, and none of them have had socks on with their martial arts outfits.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 August 26, 11:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thats weird because every time in my game when a sim learns martial arts with socks on in the everyday outfit they end up wearing those socks with their martial arts stuff. Maybe its just me...
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 August 26, 13:28:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have socks enabled for all categories, do you?  That might be why they're showing up on your martial arts uniform.  A lot of cc creators just faff off and enable their creations for All, and I've seen a mod on MTS that enables original game stockings for all categories.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 August 26, 14:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I have to manually choose which outfit wears socks.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 August 26, 14:41:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I have to manually choose which outfit wears socks.

Every piece of clothing in the game has to be enabled for the different categories before that object will appear in those categories and allow you to select it.  If I understand correctly, socks are not enabled for stuff like "swimwear", "nude", or "martial arts."  Socks would only show up in those categories if they are custom socks that the creator enabled, or if you have a mod in place that affects the game socks.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 August 26, 15:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, how come that some of the pre-made Chinese Sims wear socks together with their martial art outfits? There are at least two that I remember, one of them being that guy who wears this white suite with open shirt and then one of the elders, either Hong or Pei. I've always thought that this outfit is somehow categorized as an everyday outfit, because when you take a Sim to the dresser while in their martial outfit they will immediately change into their everyday outfit. And unless Pescado has changed that, whenever you use the dresser or mirror to export a Sim into the Saved Sims folder they will keep whatever martial outfit they have already. The consequence is then, for example, that every new Sim that is based off of one of these exported Sims will already have outfits that they shouldn't have and therefore they change into a non-existent outfit when training for the first time.  In one case this meant for me that said Sim wore a martial arts mesh with the nude texture on top.
Jeeves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 August 27, 01:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also had martial art socks on a few Sims with no sock CC of any kind (Except store stuff. Are there even store socks?). The Sims in question were male and had socks in Everyday and Athletic. I was too lazy to narrow it down so I just stopped giving my Sims socks. I don't stare at my Sims' feet, so problem solved.

Quote from: Asstear
6. Banned me from my own forum
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 August 27, 12:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every piece of clothing in the game has to be enabled for the different categories before that object will appear in those categories and allow you to select it.  If I understand correctly, socks are not enabled for stuff like "swimwear", "nude", or "martial arts."  Socks would only show up in those categories if they are custom socks that the creator enabled, or if you have a mod in place that affects the game socks.

I have more cc now but this was happening when I was just using AM by itself, the cc I have now doesn't touch socks as far as I know... They are the EAxis' black socks but, the socks are only apart of the martial arts uniform when I learned the skill with socks on in my everyday outfit...
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 August 27, 13:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like an EA glitch, then.  I've only had a couple of characters learn the Martial Arts skill, and they were both in sockless Everyday when they learned it.  I'll try it with a socked character and see if I get the same result.

friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 August 27, 19:12:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I put my Sims in socks for Athletic outfits, they invariably have them in their martial arts uniforms. I have stopped giving them socks for Athletics and it solved the problem. I imagine that this is an EA issue, not an AM one.
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 August 28, 13:34:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After the skill is learned and they have the uniform you can put socks back on, if your like me and not wearing socks with shoes bugs the hell out of you...
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 September 09, 22:38:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the game throw in glasses to martial art outfits on a sim that didn't wear glasses at all. It was weird. There were also some instances of changing hairstyles. It was shortly after WA came out, though, so I suppose AM has fixed those problems long ago.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2010 October 08, 21:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too bad they can't wear the special martial arts split toe socks.

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 2010 October 10, 09:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a sim with a hat and sunglasses.  Looks just how I want it for jogging, but really stupid for martial arts.   GRRR.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: