More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:47:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Stupid Sims 3 patch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stupid Sims 3 patch  (Read 57344 times)
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Stupid Sims 3 patch
« on: 2010 July 08, 20:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA broke too many things last time so they released a patch that breaks more things. I suggest you wait to patch until Pescado updates AwesomeMod.

The patch is 1.14/2.9/3.5/4.2

Apparently fixes CAW.
Spaz
Asinine Airhead

Why you looking at me? <_<

View Profile
Re: Stupid Sims 3 patch
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 08, 20:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Search MOAR and you'll notice that it doesn't fix CAW. >_<

"If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work:  'Hello.  Can't work today, still queer.'"  ~Robin Tyler
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 08, 21:21:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never patch until AM is updated. I'm not surprised the patch has issues. EA can't seem to fix anything without breaking other things in the process.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 08, 22:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exact version numbers only. Can't update without an exact version number.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
PajamaRick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 July 08, 22:15:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Originally posted in the Pudding Factory...

Basegame:
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.14.11.007001_from_1.12.70.006001.exe

World Adventures:
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_2.9.10.007001_from_2.7.7.006001.exe

HELS:
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_3.5.8.007001_from_3.3.11.006001.exe

Ambitions:
http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_4.2.32.007001_from_4.0.87.006001.exe

*Thanks to simsmx for these links!
I haven't tried installing these patches yet...and apparently CAW is still broken!   Undecided
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 July 09, 10:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not happy Jan! Automatic updates are off and I thought I had EA well and truly internet banned only to start my game this evening and find if had patched itself. Bastard thing has never done that before. Think I've found all the new EA tendrils in my PC but still not happy.

TS3 ver 0.2.0.104
WA ver 0.2.0.98
HELS ver 0.2.0.98
Amb ver 0.2.0.104

These were taken by checking the properties of the executables. Am I doing that right? I'm not usually the one here posting version inf.
I must be doing that wrong.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 09, 10:28:26 by Madame Mim » Logged

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 July 09, 10:51:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ive just updated my game and it seems at least one of my active sims has vanished. Like he never existed....

Just saw this was listed to be "fixed" in the patch notes. However, i never had the issue until the patch. Same thing happened when they were meant to fix the always running issue, until that patch I had never experienced the issue. So I think they should substitute the word "fixed" to "Broke" whenever they release a new patch.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 09, 11:17:54 by Anach » Logged

brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 July 09, 15:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same thing happened when they were meant to fix the always running issue, until that patch I had never experienced the issue. So I think they should substitute the word "fixed" to "Broke" whenever they release a new patch.

Agreed! I never had the running issue for actives or inactives, now the little pixels are running all over the town since updating. Very irritating.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2010 July 09, 15:57:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not happy Jan! Automatic updates are off and I thought I had EA well and truly internet banned only to start my game this evening and find if had patched itself. Bastard thing has never done that before. Think I've found all the new EA tendrils in my PC but still not happy.

I also do not recall ever, ever getting auto updates, but apparently the game decided at a random point to do it itself.

It's actually pretty convenient, because it worked flawlessly despite the fact that I'm pretty sure I had invalid tslhost.dll files and had to replace with the backups, but it's a bit freaky that the launcher apparently opened and activated itself and downloaded updates without me noticing.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 July 09, 16:12:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone here patched and managed to get CAW to work?  I know the forum at TheSims3 is full of people who say it hasn't worked, but I'm not convicted it isn't just user error.  That place is full of whiny 6's and 12's who can't even tie their shoes.  I thought I'd give it a shot myself, but I'm curious if anyone here has also tried.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2010 July 09, 16:23:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am getting an "Attempted to read write protected memory" error, it says it may be a sign that other memory is corrupt. THe game is working fine, though, so I'm not sure what it's talking about.

Has anyone complaining of CAW being broken still actually reinstalled it? I haven't seen anyone say they have.

Edit: Okay...apparently the launcher was lying before? It no longer says I have the most recent patch. But it also says my game is up to date and won't let me update from the launcher. :\

As well, using the patch links in this thread, I am told I have the wrong versions for Base and WA, which confuses the hell out of me, since they've always been "1" before.

Launcher says:
Base- 1.12.70.006017 (Shouldnt it end in 1 or 2?)
WA- 2.7.7.006002 (Why does this one end in 2?)
HELS- 3.3.11.006001 (This one ends in 1, and the patch works for it.)
Ambitions- Something ending in 1, havne't tried yet.

Why are these so inconsistent? Whats up with the base number?

I guess I've gotta full reinstall. Ffffff.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 09, 16:39:46 by Claeric » Logged
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 July 09, 16:29:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone complaining of CAW being broken still actually reinstalled it? I haven't seen anyone say they have.

Not here, but yes, I have read through all the comments on TheSims3 that have come in since yesterday (Pity me) and many have tried reinstalling.  The only 2 people who said theirs are working do not have the last 2 patches. 
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 July 09, 16:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YO PESCADO, what about the Awesomepatcher??

*shakes Gwill until she is concussed*

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
dragonarts
Blathering Buffoon

http://dragcave.net/user/dragonarts

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 July 09, 16:41:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently, my game updated itself, and broke  my sim. He suddenly cannot fish, which is annoying. I searched for fixes to this, but am un-awesome, and didn't find one. Could someone moreawesomethanme point me in the correct direction? Thank you.
Breadpazoid
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 July 09, 20:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patched, and then I sent a pair of my sims to France and everything was working fine. I saved while they were there and went back the next day to continue. Now, every time I try to do anything quest-related (give mineral to sim, ask sim out on date for someone else), my sim resets and teleports to wherever they were before I requested that command. I took AM out and disabled all custom content and it still does it.

*Repeated headdesk* Angry
dragonarts
Blathering Buffoon

http://dragcave.net/user/dragonarts

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 July 09, 20:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a MIRACLE!

um.

My sim decided to go fishing on his own, and now I can order him to fish again. I'm happy it fixed itself, but slightly confused as to why it happened. Anyway.
specialtoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 July 09, 21:05:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So from the patch notes "The "Intrigued by Great Lecture" moodlet now has an icon" Does this mean that the great lecture repeating forever and borking romance and funny socials is also fixed? I see no mention of it but it seems odd to only fix the icon.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 July 09, 21:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As well, using the patch links in this thread, I am told I have the wrong versions for Base and WA, which confuses the hell out of me, since they've always been "1" before.

Launcher says:
Base- 1.12.70.006017 (Shouldnt it end in 1 or 2?)
WA- 2.7.7.006002 (Why does this one end in 2?)
HELS- 3.3.11.006001 (This one ends in 1, and the patch works for it.)
Ambitions- Something ending in 1, havne't tried yet.

Why are these so inconsistent? Whats up with the base number?

I guess I've gotta full reinstall. Ffffff.

World Adventures ending in 2 is normal. That's how mine is. My base game is region 1, as are HELS and Ambitions (both Vitality) but World Adventures (Reloaded) is region 2. So I have to get the region 2 patch for WA and region 1 patches for everything else.
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 July 09, 22:08:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a MIRACLE!

um.

My sim decided to go fishing on his own, and now I can order him to fish again. I'm happy it fixed itself, but slightly confused as to why it happened. Anyway.

Fish just happened to be what the spinner landed on when EA decided what to break in their next patch. Unfortunately for EA they are the only people that fail at purposely breaking things so it fixed itself.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2010 July 09, 23:00:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA has posted a new version of CAW.  You must uninstall the old and install the new for it to work.   
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2010 July 09, 23:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think they changed the lighting a bit more in this one.

My sims' roof appears to be way, way shinier and more reflective (Green Scalloped). The indoor lighting looks a tiny bit different (last time lighting changed, objects made more appropriate shadows indoors instead of just blobs. They look even better now.), and I think the windows are less horrible.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2010 July 10, 00:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My lights seem dimmer and the bloom is not so bad.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
herefortheparty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2010 July 10, 06:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA has posted a new version of CAW.  You must uninstall the old and install the new for it to work.   

I just hope we can actually create worlds a little more easily now if its truly repaired. Thanks for the heads up on it.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2010 July 10, 09:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Arg

Tried to update my basegame, but it tells me: "The setup has detected that the installed game region for this update is incorrect"

Sigh, now I have to hunt down the basegame?

Worst part is, after installing the latest patch, because it keeps telling me the basegame needs to be patched, the launcher freezes and wont load at all.

Alright managed to get the patch to work, but launcher is still being a bit iffy with me, it keeps whining about EA Download manager, and can freeze because of it sometimes, but it worksn other occasions.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 10, 09:33:18 by Rubyelf » Logged

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
cristalfiona
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2010 July 10, 09:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a MIRACLE!

um.

This has happened to me before, not just with fishing though. Sometimes it affects the fridge, or bookshelves. It either corrects itself after a couple of sim days, or you have to abandon the family and start over.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: