More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 08:20:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Stupid Sims 3 patch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stupid Sims 3 patch  (Read 57578 times)
Willee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Stupid Sims 3 patch
« Reply #25 on: 2010 July 10, 10:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angry  Happily playing my game last night with the latest Awesomemod, then this morning the launcher asks me if I want to update my game.  I STUPIDLY said okay and now I get an error message upon launching saying that the base game is incompatible with the latest version and I must update via the launcher.  Well, the launcher is borked - all greyed out and the version number is 0.0.0.0.  I only have WA.   I uninstalled the EADM it usually comes back up on rebooting asking you if you want to install, but nada.  Huh

Any help will be appreciated.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 July 10, 10:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try installing the basegame patch that is in this thread Willee. If that one doesnt work, get this one:

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/Sims3_1.14.11.007002_from_1.12.70.006002.exe

That will sort your problem Smiley

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 July 10, 14:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YO PESCADO, what about the Awesomepatcher??

*shakes Gwill until she is concussed*

What, what?  Have I missed something awesome?
* Gwill does the concussed chicken dance

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 July 10, 18:55:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone else made one already, it seems, so no need. But we STILL NEED MOAR FAT GWILLY PEOPLE.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 July 10, 20:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason for me the launcher isn't even seeing that there's a patch available let alone downloading and applying it.  *wonders what they broke this time*

- ElenaRoan
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 July 10, 21:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have an old question:

For example, I have my game on version 1.12/2.7/4.0... soon, I'll have to update it, when the time comes, do I have yo update base game, WA and AMB by each one... or the patch will just work over the AMB version? I know the question is kind ridiculous... but when I need to patch I always have problems with WA. Don't know why, because since the last three patches, I stopped cracking the games, so I have the original exe files in my game...
Keyan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 July 10, 21:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried letting the launcher patch for you, been doing that since the first patch and haven't had any problems... Patching...
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 July 10, 23:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried letting the launcher patch for you, been doing that since the first patch and haven't had any problems... Patching...

Yeah, no thanks.  Don't want/need to let EA do their funny business on my computer.  My launcher isn't allowed to contact the interwebs, and in fact is never even opened(I run straight from the ts3ep02.exe, or whatever it's called).
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 July 11, 00:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patcher utility Pescado is probably referring to is here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=409829

It will automatically detect if a patch is available for each version and region of the game you have installed, but it's a lot more transparent than the EA launcher in that you can see what it is doing and it won't download or install anything unless you tell it to.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 15, 22:05:51 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 July 11, 03:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The launcher doesn't always patch every game you have.  It may patch the base game and AMB, but not WA and HELS.  The best option is to manually download the patches form the many location with them, or use one of the non-EAxis patch programs available.  There are a couple mention in different threads here.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2010 July 11, 04:15:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you must use the launcher, open it repeatedly until it no longer says there are patches. It will not always fully patch. Then open each launcher from each game/bin folder you have, as different ones will work differently and display different information. Do this until hovering over each icon in the corner displays the proper version number.

But then again, there should be no reason you must use the launcher.
Willee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 July 11, 07:23:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Rubyelf. 

I have never manually downloaded a patch (always automatic EA patches), so at the risk of sounding DUMB, into which folder should I put this patch once downloaded. Anyone feel free to answer and go easy on the insults. Thank you.
Azureale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 July 11, 07:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It doesn't matter where you put it. Just save it where you like and then double click to install.
Willee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 July 11, 14:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Azureale.  I ran the version that Rubyelf suggested and can now successfully open my launcher but it comes up with an error message:

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of the Sims 3.  We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs.  Do you want to quit?"  

I notice that on page 1 of this thread, the patch is slightly different with a '6001' and '7001' at the end of both strings instead of '2' which is in the string which I ran.  Should I install the patch on the first page as well?

How would I uninstall a patch if it were necessary?

At this stage I am quitting until I get verification from someone that it is okay to continue.  

Thanks
« Last Edit: 2010 July 11, 14:41:56 by Willee » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010 July 11, 14:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Azureale.  I can now successfully open my launcher but it comes up with an error message:

"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of the Sims 3.  We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them - otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs.  Do you want to quit?"  

At this stage I am quitting until I get verification from someone that it is okay to continue.  

Thanks

It just means update your mods. Or if you updated them then update your game to match them since mods will usually be created and updated for the most recent version of the game.

Also if you are that timid and need that much reassurance and hand holding then maybe you really shouldn't be using mods.

Willee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 July 11, 14:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Motoki, yep guilty as charged - timid, especially as I have lost count of the number of times I have crashed and then installed and uninstalled this accursed game. The only mod I have is Awesomemod which I updated a few days ago.  Okay, just updated AM and game is loading so I am holding thumbs.  Thanks for all the help on here. 
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 July 11, 15:02:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Motoki, yep guilty as charged - timid, especially as I have lost count of the number of times I have crashed and then installed and uninstalled this accursed game. The only mod I have is Awesomemod which I updated a few days ago.  Okay, just updated AM and game is loading so I am holding thumbs.  Thanks for all the help on here. 

Well the problem is if you haven't patched, and I can't quite make out from the replies whether you did or not (maybe the launcher did it in the background?) then you will still have problems.  Awesomemod is generally always meant to be run with the latest version of the game.

If you still run into problems with your current configuration after updating awesomemod today then try using this utility from Mod The Sims http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=409829

It will check your game version, see if you are up to date and if not locate patches from the base game and all expansions and stuff packs. You then should download and install them.

Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 July 11, 23:15:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to have to try that - already had to uninstall and reinstall and uninstall again, because even with a fresh install it would not patch.
Solmyr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 July 12, 14:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After patching my game (I have base, WE, and Ambitions) to the latest patch manually (the launcher didn't even detect the new version), every time I load a game or start a new world, it loads normally then stalls at about 95% of the loading progress bar. I've seen posts where people described the same problem. Reinstalling didn't help, could this be related to custom content?
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2010 July 12, 16:40:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Protip: If you think you know the problem, try it before asking?

And if you've seen posts describing the same problem, why haven't you seen the posts describing the solution?
gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 July 13, 19:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to patcher off of mod the sims, and it patched everything up to the newest versions, except world adventures. The 2.7.7.006002 to 2.9.10.007002 patch fails at 99% because it claims the TS3EP01.exe is invalid  Huh. Does anyone happen to have a non invalid 2.7 executable? I never touched the executable, so I don't know how it could be broken other than eaxis breaking it themselves.

vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 July 13, 20:20:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the official site the launcher will always patch only the base game and the most recent EP or SP. This makes me wonder whether manually patching the other expansions nevertheless is actually a good or necessary thing.
I am asking myself this also because upgrading to Ambitions has borked more things in WA than just the excavation sites when on vacation as I have now been lucky to discover after playing France last night (see the What's borked thread). But as I am on a Mac I cannot update manually anyway at the moment as I haven't found a manual download on simsprograms yet. (Are there other sites, btw?)
gumbyscout
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010 July 13, 20:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to the official site the launcher will always patch only the base game and the most recent EP or SP. This makes me wonder whether manually patching the other expansions nevertheless is actually a good or necessary thing.
I am asking myself this also because upgrading to Ambitions has borked more things in WA than just the excavation sites when on vacation as I have now been lucky to discover after playing France last night (see the What's borked thread). But as I am on a Mac I cannot update manually anyway at the moment as I haven't found a manual download on simsprograms yet. (Are there other sites, btw?)
I tried loading a save and it got stuck almost finishing loading. I think that would work if didn't already have everything else patched.

ElenaRoan
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 July 13, 20:33:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The solution to the launcher not even showing the update is to update the Download Manager.

- ElenaRoan
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 July 13, 20:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried loading a save and it got stuck almost finishing loading. I think that would work if didn't already have everything else patched.

That may be an unrelated issue. Try temporarily removing or disabling all your mods and custom content and seeing if it will load. If not then try a new game (again without custom content and mods).

If you get the game to load in those instances it's likely some old mod or downloaded content causing the issue.

In theory, you shouldn't explicitly need old episodes patched as long as the base game and most recent episode are.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: