More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 00:56:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD  (Read 199370 times)
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
« Reply #300 on: 2010 June 21, 13:00:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you simply disable ASM or did you disable story mode in the in-game options panel?

I use awesomeconfig. Awesomemod storymode is enabled. Ingame, I have it set it to disable. Never had a problem with it before. The ingame button seemed to disable both awesomemod storymode as well as EAxis storymode. (except for the period after the game was launched when the button did nothing).

EDIT: Alright, so, the more sims *I* move in, the more sims the game movies in... and it happens immediatly upon me moving sims in. It's become a bizarre contest to capture the best realestate :s
« Last Edit: 2010 June 21, 13:41:02 by guardianpegasus » Logged
cbethax
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2010 June 21, 14:57:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I have a baby (not toddler) and something happens, like dirty diaper or the baby is hungry, everyone in the household receives actions to satisfy the baby's needs although only one person is needed.
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2010 June 21, 15:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you simply disable ASM or did you disable story mode in the in-game options panel?

I use awesomeconfig. Awesomemod storymode is enabled. Ingame, I have it set it to disable. Never had a problem with it before. The ingame button seemed to disable both awesomemod storymode as well as EAxis storymode. (except for the period after the game was launched when the button did nothing).

EDIT: Alright, so, the more sims *I* move in, the more sims the game movies in... and it happens immediatly upon me moving sims in. It's become a bizarre contest to capture the best realestate :s

I'm having a similar issue, I created 8 famblies of 6 sims each for genetic seeding and moved them in.  The storymode still insisted on creating another 7 famiblies of various sizes over the course of the next 3 game days, pretty much trashing my carefully crafted gene pool.  Is there any way to block immigration or at least limit it to when its really needed.  Smashing these illegal immigrants does nothing, the game just makes new ones almost immediately.
cbethax
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: 2010 June 21, 15:55:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Im not able to blow the candles with my baby (growing to toddler). After I set the action "blow candles" they carry the baby and leave it on the floor, then nothing happens. After that if I hover the cake I have the hand cursor with no possible interaction.

The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2010 June 21, 16:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had heard as much.  The thing is, the game did spawn the co-workers, they just don't register as such in the relationship panel.  They show up for work every day and sit around playing video games and braking things.  I wasn't sure if this was the same as what I had heard mentioned before.

You said you started the game without AM, then installed AM, which means the game had already generated the co-workers.  In a fresh game at the moment AM doesn't even generate them at all, which would explain why you still have them, but they are not being recognised as co-workers.

No I didn't say that.  I said I started a brand new game as well.  Then compared what had happened in my previous game.   2 completely different games.  
I couldn't take it anymore, I had to install AwesomeMod.  I started a brand new game as well.  Prior to installing, my firefighters had co-workers.  Now I have people dressed in firefighter gear, at the fire house, but when I talk to them, they do not appear as co-workers in the relationship panel.  They tell me they are soot stripper, and hose handlers, but still appear as acquaintances.  I could care less about this problem as firefighting co-workers are useless mess-makers, but I thought I'd point it out anyway.

The game spawned firefighters, but they do not show as co-workers, in my relationship panel only.

This might tie in with this person's problem as well… 

This is just a guess, but I think the game is adding Sims to the neighborhood in order to man the cash register at the consignment store and work at the salon.  I'm wondering if this will continue to happen if you bulldoze the salon, consignment store, and fire station.  You can add them back in after you have populated your town and no longer need the game to provide them.  In one of the games I tested the expansion pack in, the jobs were populated by unemployed Sims that already lived in my town.  No EA generated Sims were added. 
« Last Edit: 2010 June 21, 16:51:14 by The_Goddess » Logged
Alidai
Asinine Airhead

Die wiel draai....

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2010 June 21, 17:10:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EDIT: Upon further inspection, it seems that the framework needs to be installed in a different way now, due to the way AMB is set up? Is that right? Something about the framework or AM having to be placed in the Packages folder in the World Adventures directory, rather than the base Sims 3 one? I'm utterly confused.

Check out the "Awesome Mod Just Isn't Working" thread to see Simius and morriganrant's visual tute and explanation of framework placement for Ambitions.

I don't have Ambitions,and i'm having the exact same problem.After the video,the bar just freezes and the music to.I've tried downloading and deleting it several times,and it doesn't solve the problem.So what do I do next?

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2010 June 21, 21:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is just a guess, but I think the game is adding Sims to the neighborhood in order to man the cash register at the consignment store and work at the salon.  I'm wondering if this will continue to happen if you bulldoze the salon, consignment store, and fire station.  You can add them back in after you have populated your town and no longer need the game to provide them.  In one of the games I tested the expansion pack in, the jobs were populated by unemployed Sims that already lived in my town.  No EA generated Sims were added. 

I raptured my neighborhood and replanted my seed famblies and found the issue.  Every time one of my sims gets a job, a random fambly is also moved in to be his/her boss.  This may also happen if they happen to get promoted, the game moves in more sims instead of promoting or drafting someone that already exists.  Theoretically, these sims should be "non-instanced", but they are indeed physically living in my hood.  I would rather have the game draft or promote non-sacred unemployed sims for this purpose.

My two cash registers (consignment and nectary) were manned by draftees from my original gene pool.  This also resulted in a string of "XXX wants to get a job in YYYY" messages popping up that wouldn't quit until I nuked the nectary register.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2010 June 21, 23:14:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Flagrant system error while my Sim was gardening:

(removed image)
« Last Edit: 2010 June 27, 08:10:27 by BlueSoup » Logged
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2010 June 22, 00:04:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a similar issue, I created 8 famblies of 6 sims each for genetic seeding and moved them in.  The storymode still insisted on creating another 7 famiblies of various sizes over the course of the next 3 game days, pretty much trashing my carefully crafted gene pool.  Is there any way to block immigration or at least limit it to when its really needed.  Smashing these illegal immigrants does nothing, the game just makes new ones almost immediately.

A work-around that comes to mind is to create ancestral homes (by putting the fambly last name into the name of the estate) without cribs for the famblies you don't want breeding, and moving them into them.

This won't stop the sims you aren't controlling from dating the immigrants, though.

Edited to add in a rather crucial word I left out the first time round.  Roll Eyes

INTP.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2010 June 22, 03:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still having that problem related to co-workers. I was playing and I put my sim to go to work. Then I changed the household (chosen) where lives a co-worker. I tried to make him go to work, but it said those weren't my work hours. The two sims have the same job. So... I don't know what it is, that may not be related to AM... somebody know?  Huh
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2010 June 22, 03:55:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Flagrant system error while my Sim was gardening
What it says on the tin. Some core function in the game has malfunctioned spectacularly in a way that indicates severe neighorhood corruption. Your neighborhood has exploded just like your fat, super-deformed head.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
blackninja
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2010 June 22, 06:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I appreciate all the work being put into the update, thanks Pescado.  I havn't been able to read through this whole thread, and I'm sorry if it has been adressed, but is there any guestimate avaliable for when the new AM would be out?  I foolishly thought that it was avaliable for Ambitions, but I didn't realize that it was only for the retail, and that there was an update since then.  Fairly quick patch...geesh...but I digress.  So I'm just waiting for the new AM to be out so I can jump back into my Sims.  I already got a SimBot, and I wanna color that shit up lol.
Rainbow_Brite
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: 2010 June 22, 06:28:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I appreciate all the work being put into the update, thanks Pescado.  I havn't been able to read through this whole thread, and I'm sorry if it has been adressed, but is there any guestimate avaliable for when the new AM would be out?  I foolishly thought that it was avaliable for Ambitions, but I didn't realize that it was only for the retail, and that there was an update since then.  Fairly quick patch...geesh...but I digress.  So I'm just waiting for the new AM to be out so I can jump back into my Sims.  I already got a SimBot, and I wanna color that shit up lol.

FFS it's posted in the downloads section: "1.12/2.7/3.3/4.0 VERSION"

"OFFICIAL NEWPATCH/AMBITIONS PUBLIC VERSION OUT
Lots of crap updated/fixed/etc.

Old version available in /ts3/old for people who are still using 1.11 for Create-A-Crap"

SEARCH MOAR.

MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2010 June 22, 06:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, you're annoying. Here's a hint: Routinely check the date of the file and what it says in the official AM download thread and stop being such a pain. This is the "test" thread, not the "waaah, when can I have?" thread.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2010 June 22, 06:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, you're annoying. Here's a hint: Routinely check the date of the file and what it says in the official AM download thread and stop being such a pain. This is the "test" thread, not the "waaah, when can I have?" thread.

Here, I will provide the retarded ninja's standard replies.  Take your pick:

Go fuck yourselfs, shit.  And while your at it, try being fucking wrong for once, it might make you a little more human.  Jackasses.

or

Wow, someone has a dick shoved up their bum.  Chill out dick.
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2010 June 22, 08:31:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time one of my sims gets a job, a random fambly is also moved in to be his/her boss.  This may also happen if they happen to get promoted, the game moves in more sims instead of promoting or drafting someone that already exists.  Theoretically, these sims should be "non-instanced", but they are indeed physically living in my hood.  I would rather have the game draft or promote non-sacred unemployed sims for this purpose.

Me too. I hate playing EAxis made Sims. Thanks for helping to narrow down the problem, however in my game, these EAxis Sims spawn whether my sims take a job or not. At least the first three-four families do. And they appear to be used to man the consignment store and hairdresser.
Rushad
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2010 June 22, 10:19:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The baked good table doesn't seem to work. Even with the price set to 1, people show up, get to the table, then leave without ever buying anything.

Plus a couple of bugs I experienced days ago (not the latest AM, so they're probably fixed, but I don't think they've been reported).

1) At Medicine career level 10, endless sims were spawned, all at the same position (World Renown Surgeon). Kinda funny seeing a huge crowd of doctors trying to get into the hospital, but they cluttered the town, until I therapture'd them away (sim count was at 610).

2) At some point the game would hang every time at 5.59 (like the old 1AM hanging), until I figured out it was due to the alarm clock (the old one). Even on a new save, setting the alarm on it would hang the game.
I haven't tried using it again, and the digital one works fine.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2010 June 22, 10:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alarm clocks are not a component of AwesomeMod and are not altered at all, so it's an EAxian issue.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
stim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2010 June 23, 03:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All right. Here to cry. I'm getting that obnoxious Game-Wont-Even-Load-A-Little-Bit hang on the load screen that others were getting in earlier versions. I'm not sure what gives. I redownloaded the newest release twice and recopied it into the Package folder twice and my game is still all "fuck you" with it. What gives? I tried removing everything else from the folder too, and it still won't play nice, so it shouldn't be a conflict. Mac-ness shouldn't be a factor either, eh?
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2010 June 23, 05:18:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blah blah blah edit edit edit.

I'm positive that this is a MAC issue and not a FOJ issue....

And then I go on and on...but I don't because it's incredibly obvious and boring.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2010 June 23, 05:20:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blah blah blah edit edit edit.

I'm positive that this is a MAC issue and not a FOJ issue....

And then I go on and on...but I don't because it's incredibly obvious and boring.

What the fuck is this horseshit?  Do you have a problem?  Yes?  Then post.  No?  Then fuck off.  Are you cleverly trying to reply to another's post?  Then quote it.  

Better yet, just fuck off anyway.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2010 June 23, 05:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every time one of my sims gets a job, a random fambly is also moved in to be his/her boss.  This may also happen if they happen to get promoted, the game moves in more sims instead of promoting or drafting someone that already exists.  Theoretically, these sims should be "non-instanced", but they are indeed physically living in my hood.  I would rather have the game draft or promote non-sacred unemployed sims for this purpose.
This should only happen if you attempt to actually interact with these sims through work tones, or the sim already exists, as AwesomeMod tries to reduce sim-creation.

Me too. I hate playing EAxis made Sims. Thanks for helping to narrow down the problem, however in my game, these EAxis Sims spawn whether my sims take a job or not. At least the first three-four families do. And they appear to be used to man the consignment store and hairdresser.
This is what happens when people complain about the rabbitholes.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2010 June 23, 07:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All right. Here to cry. I'm getting that obnoxious Game-Wont-Even-Load-A-Little-Bit hang on the load screen that others were getting in earlier versions. I'm not sure what gives. I redownloaded the newest release twice and recopied it into the Package folder twice and my game is still all "fuck you" with it. What gives? I tried removing everything else from the folder too, and it still won't play nice, so it shouldn't be a conflict. Mac-ness shouldn't be a factor either, eh?

This has been discussed many times.  Did even try searching the problem to find the solution?

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2010 June 23, 11:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This should only happen if you attempt to actually interact with these sims through work tones, or the sim already exists, as AwesomeMod tries to reduce sim-creation.

It's happening to me every time I move in sims, and it's annoying the crap out of me. It's like I'm playing Tic-Tac-Toe with lots. I know it's an EAxian 'feature', but I'd give you all my peanuts if you could patch it as an option in the config at least. I simply cannot stand EA sims taking over my neighborhood despite storymode being off.

For now I'll just bulldoze the offending buildings and see if that works.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: 2010 June 23, 11:33:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it safe to say that the version uploaded in the other AwesomeMod thread is safe enough for non-testing users?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: