More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:30:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD  (Read 200903 times)
Noromarc
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
« Reply #225 on: 2010 June 19, 03:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same behaviour as reported by Mr Anach. Latest test version of AM dowloaded from the alpha location and installed in a fully functional Awesomemod enabled game.
MissQ
Blathering Buffoon

More Unco Than You!

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 2010 June 19, 03:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome mod 2010-Jun-19 04:55:06 - Game will not start; Hangs on title screen before it starts loading.
Same issue here. Tested with and without mods, now using version dated 12/6/10 which loads but has expired.

DJTekilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 2010 June 19, 03:28:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I guess I got the same issue as everyone, my loading screen hangs and won't load. I already tried Coconnor, Grimma and a way explained on MTS. All 3 failed for me. any suggestion ?

Life is like a game of chess: You can think ahead of every moves possible, but you will never be sure what the opponent will play.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 2010 June 19, 03:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sup everyone, has anyone had any problem installing framework with Ambitions? Also don't answer with answers such as "there's a SEARCH BUTTON" I'm well aware of that.

Seeing as how you are posting in the AM 4.0.87 AMB test thread, and people are complaining about bugs and other issues involving AM and AMB, what the fuck do you think?

Awesome mod 2010-Jun-19 04:55:06 - Game will not start; Hangs on title screen before it starts loading.

I found the same issue, reverted to the earlier 2010-Jun-19 01:36 version which works fine.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 19, 03:37:55 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
catshirlann
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 2010 June 19, 03:41:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The exact same thing happened to me. I'm glad I still have the previous version in my recycle bin. I'll just restore it, so that I can do some simming before I go to sleep.

Old Japanese proverb:
  "The raised nail gets hammered down."
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 2010 June 19, 03:42:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also hanging on load screen.  Went back to previous version of AM (6/18/2010 @ 4:47 PM).  
Xavosim
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 2010 June 19, 04:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My major issue @ first was finding out how to get on this forum by that i mean register...its wrapped tighter than my iphone shipped on ebay! ANNYYYWAY
 Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
My problem was the loading screen hung there...it wouldnt even show alittle green...as it turns out Nraas is having the opposite problem...theirs wont function but the game will load. I have no idea whats wrong....plz help?

a disorganized truth isnt stronger than a "well dressed lie"
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #232 on: 2010 June 19, 04:42:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That will teach me to backup the old one first instead of overwriting. Guess i'll have to go find something useful to do until its updated.

DJTekilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 2010 June 19, 04:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright I guess the problem wasn't my framework then Tongue. however I did try a few thing: the newest test version: hangs on loading screen. I tried the test version on both beta and alpha servers: still the same thing. Tried the one in the main download: Of course it gives me a core mismatch (as I expected). I tried playing with my own CC I made: works perfectly. Guess I'll try the new update when it comes out Tongue (unless someone finds a way to make it work)

Life is like a game of chess: You can think ahead of every moves possible, but you will never be sure what the opponent will play.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 2010 June 19, 04:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be fixed now. That particular bug is weird, since there is absolutely NO LOGICAL REASON it should be happening: The mere presence of a valid, compiled function causes the game to die even when the function is not invoked.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #235 on: 2010 June 19, 04:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2010-Jun-19 06:52:39

New version loads fine.

DJTekilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 2010 June 19, 05:05:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hurrah to El Presidente ! The new version loads for me too ^^. I'll start beta testing right away and report any bugs I encounter.

Thanks for fixing and providing us with the greatest mod ever Tongue

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 2010 June 19, 06:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@DJTekilla: Less noise, more signal.

The TS3 Launcher works with Awesomemod timestamped 10/6 22:03, but it's refusing to install user content. I installed the Dr Pepper set fine, but Tangie's 2nd lot and the Tardis by TNW both said I needed to update my game. I have V4.0.87. Could it be anything to do with circumventing the registration process?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Xavosim
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 2010 June 19, 06:11:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

where is the newest AMB update?Huh
ikno...im a n00b...lol

a disorganized truth isnt stronger than a "well dressed lie"
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 2010 June 19, 06:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

where is the newest AMB update?Huh
ikno...im a n00b...lol

You can only get the AMB update if your subscription is paid up.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
Xerolize
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: 2010 June 19, 06:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The newest version loads fine for me as well; however, the game gets stuck during random times. Like a the game will stop while a Sim is sleeping but I can see the ZZZZs moving. Weird. Also, I seem to have some invisible woman walking around. You can see her head and feet but not her body. I doubt it's an AM problem but I can't seem to find any problem CC that would explain it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: 2010 June 19, 06:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The TS3 Launcher works with Awesomemod timestamped 10/6 22:03, but it's refusing to install user content. I installed the Dr Pepper set fine, but Tangie's 2nd lot and the Tardis by TNW both said I needed to update my game. I have V4.0.87. Could it be anything to do with circumventing the registration process?
Very unlikely, since the Launcher is not mods-aware and does not actually run the game at all until much later in the install process. The Launcher is just stupid and it sucks.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: 2010 June 19, 07:18:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I seem to have some invisible woman walking around. You can see her head and feet but not her body. I doubt it's an AM problem but I can't seem to find any problem CC that would explain it.

Sounds like a problem I read about with pregnant elders. Apparently there's no clothes for them, so for the duration of pregnancy they have no body, just feet and head. Could it be something like that?

INTP.
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: 2010 June 19, 07:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is something I experienced with the latest AM, I don't know if this is AM related though or possibly just a normal bug, but this is what happened:

This occured in China, I was attempting to play Chess for the sims life, but big ol' Grim decided to ignore me and instead do some martial art's skill.

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: 2010 June 19, 07:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Occasionally my sculptors have been sculpting things out of ice that have red boxes floating around, and whenever they are finished, it says something like, "<simname> has created a Good ***FailObject**". I have a screenshot if needed.

Also, noticing something old, that has been bothering me for a while about Awesome, but I'm not sure if it's intentional or what. UnlockOutfits On, only seems to unlock work outfits. Not everything for all categories as it used to. Which means, if I want my sim to wear underwear as formal wear for whatever reason, I can't get it to work. Am I doing something wrong? I really don't want to have to download CTU just to check a few categories and create redundant items.

edit: Ah, thank you, I'm not sure how I missed that.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 19, 07:54:54 by Moryrie » Logged

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: 2010 June 19, 07:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a wrong command. The right one is "disableclothingfilter on"

Xerolize
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: 2010 June 19, 08:59:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a problem I read about with pregnant elders. Apparently there's no clothes for them, so for the duration of pregnancy they have no body, just feet and head. Could it be something like that?
Elders can get pregnant?  Huh News to me. I took a pic and she is an elder female.

Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: 2010 June 19, 09:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Occasionally my sculptors have been sculpting things out of ice that have red boxes floating around, and whenever they are finished, it says something like, "<simname> has created a Good ***FailObject**". I have a screenshot if needed.

I've seen that one twice, too. But I suspect it was something I did, because it happens right after I did some experimenting with commands like "resetworld".
Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: 2010 June 19, 11:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Elders can get pregnant?  Huh News to me. I took a pic and she is an elder female.

Do you have any pregnancy mods for teens etc?

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: 2010 June 19, 13:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very unlikely, since the Launcher is not mods-aware and does not actually run the game at all until much later in the install process. The Launcher is just stupid and it sucks.

I've been getting weirdness like this too lately. Some sims3packs won't install even after decrapify and it's also saying that certain sims3packs which have long since been installed are not. Of course if I try to install them again then it tells me they are already installed.  Roll Eyes

I don't see how it could be awesomemod involved but something changed with the launcher recently and it got, well, crappier.

Now that does sound like it may be related to the 'registration' process. Do by chance have the Ultimate Career Pack? It has been known to cause this unless you had the registration fix mod. It's supposedly been fixed in a recent update to the test version of Awesomemod so you don't need that other mod, but I don't think it's been extensively tested.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: