More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:13:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD  (Read 199359 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 4.0.87 (AMB) TEST THREAD
« Reply #200 on: 2010 June 18, 12:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get this error when ever I click on the arena. stadium. whatever...
The only reason I can think of for why you are getting this error involves severe neighborhood corruption. Post your save and I will look at the matter some more.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bowrain
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2010 June 18, 13:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My architectural designer sim who's been awarded an honor from the City Hall still triggers a flagrant error everytime he clicks on the building/about to enter the building. Unlike before though, the game keeps throwing errors until it crashed to desktop (must be like hunderds of them). It was only a handful before.
If you can't be bothered to show me what the error is, I can't be bothered to fix it. Quit wasting my time.
Sorry, it just happened again. Here's the log.

old_dude
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2010 June 18, 13:30:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, here ya go.

http://www.whittier-weather.com/backups/Twinbrook 2.sims3.rar
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2010 June 18, 13:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

GAH! I can't change my active household. Can't change it back, either.

More F than you
rhodaloo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2010 June 18, 14:22:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for missing fire trucks, did you look in your Sim's inventory to see if it is in there? It happened to my Sim once when the fire truck did not show up inside the fire station. I looked everywhere and then checked my Sim's inventory to find it sitting there. I dragged the fire truck out of my Sim's inventory and plunked it down at the fire station. She now has her own fire truck, and it shows up properly on the driveway when she returned from her missions.

I found a firetruck in my sim's inventory but couldn't place it at the fire station. Oh, well.
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2010 June 18, 14:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure if its the brand new Nvidia drivers (257.XX) or latest AM, or a combination, but high-speed actually works in high speed and game is freeze-free (where I was getting frozen about every 15 minutes two AM versions ago).

Did get a crash because of an overloaded lot though, drilling at night is bad, mmm'kay?  51 sims rushing a 15x10 lot does bad things.

Queue stomping for the robot reactions is also just plain stupid, it just forces you to make 5 tries before using registers and turns any lot into a fracas when a robot visits.

Other than that, nicely bug free.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2010 June 18, 15:23:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Robot queuestomping crushed and burninated in new version.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2010 June 18, 15:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for missing fire trucks, did you look in your Sim's inventory to see if it is in there? It happened to my Sim once when the fire truck did not show up inside the fire station. I looked everywhere and then checked my Sim's inventory to find it sitting there. I dragged the fire truck out of my Sim's inventory and plunked it down at the fire station. She now has her own fire truck, and it shows up properly on the driveway when she returned from her missions.

When the firetruck went missing for my sim, it wasn't in his inventory or in the household inventory. That was the first place I had checked. I also checked the road from where the fire was all the way back to the firehouse, and it wasn't anywhere to be found. I later changed to another household and made him a fireman as well. I first replaced the firetruck and added a few more just in case, but after playing the second fireman for 2 in-game weeks, the truck never disappeared again. It was definitely strange. Oh, and there still haven't been any other spawned firemen. The two sims I had join the profession are the only two who are ever at the fire station.
laughoutloud
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2010 June 18, 16:51:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a crash to desktop without anything but Awesome installed, I have all the expansions installed. Here is my crash dump I dont have a save because this was a clean install fresh game.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ywa2y55ettg
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2010 June 18, 16:58:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a crash to desktop without anything but Awesome installed, I have all the expansions installed. Here is my crash dump I dont have a save because this was a clean install fresh game.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ywa2y55ettg

That's the magic dsmx86dll.dll not found error.  There isn't a whole lot you can do about it and there are a few threads around to help fix it.  I just downloaded a copy of the .dll and threw it in my ...windows/system folder and haven't had another crash, but its probably just voodoo.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2010 June 18, 17:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As a workaround until AM has a "spawnfiretrucks" command you could probably use edit town and add one to the fire station.  At least then it would exist to repair and upgrade.  The only possible problem I can think with that is your sim might still use the phantom un-upgraded un-repaired firetruck to go to emergencies instead of using the new one you put in the firehouse.  I'm guessing that wouldn't happen as the game is probably spawning a temp firetruck since it has no real one to use... but who knows.

Test it out and let us know if the one you make gets used or if it just sits in the firehouse when you go to emergencies.

That did work, although as Pescado has now fixed the firetruck bug, it's probably not all that relevent anymore.

New firefighting bug: the alarms are going off permanently. No emergency, just constant alarms. It's not an animation glitch as my sim is unable to sleep through them.

INTP.
Quijibo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2010 June 18, 18:09:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Attach save from shortly before freeze occurs and the matter will be investigated.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mduydyz2b4m

This is the save.  Sim who lives alone is sleeping through the night.  If I hop him back into bed after he is awakened by the message that the carpool will arrive in an hour, I can sometimes replicate the freeze.  It seems to always happen at 7:26 am, whether he's still sleeping or running out of the house while the carpool honks in front of the house.

You mentioned a memory issue.  I have only 2 GB of memory installed on this XP 32-bit system, if that could be an issue.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2010 June 18, 19:02:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, It worked... Not having any issue till now.
Josephinev
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2010 June 18, 20:20:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the most current test version of Awesomemod installed along with WA and AMB.  I have TS2 Style Aging set to true.  I've noticed when I switch households that the sims in the inactive households have aged.  I never took note of the day ages of my adult sims, but the kids are definately aging up.
chrisoldfield
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2010 June 18, 21:03:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This the second bug I noticed. The first was a mass death in china when everyone died the moment I arrived on the lot (YIKES).  I just bought a community property, I had to upgrade it and buy a lot of new stuff which should have cost me close to a hundred thousand dollars to get it to 3 stars.  But for some reason, no money was being out of my family funds.  I bought paintings, statues and other things to get it up to the right property value, but it cost me absolutely nothing to do it.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2010 June 19, 00:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New firefighting bug: the alarms are going off permanently. No emergency, just constant alarms. It's not an animation glitch as my sim is unable to sleep through them.

I'm not using Awesomemod right now.  I guess that makes me part of the control group.  This happened in a couple of my games.  The cause in my case was a glitch with the careers no longer working after switching back and forth between families.  I sent a firefighter to a fire and even after he had completed his mission (Save 2 sims/put out fire) the score card would not check off the jobs.  When I returned to the station the alarms were still blaring even though I had completed the mission.  I had to quit without saving.  Not sure if it is the same problem for you, but there you have it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2010 June 19, 00:49:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But for some reason, no money was being out of my family funds.  I bought paintings, statues and other things to get it up to the right property value, but it cost me absolutely nothing to do it.
Ah, yes, I know why this happens. Will fix in next version.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2010 June 19, 01:02:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the most current test version of Awesomemod installed along with WA and AMB.  I have TS2 Style Aging set to true.  I've noticed when I switch households that the sims in the inactive households have aged.  I never took note of the day ages of my adult sims, but the kids are definately aging up.

It has been mentioned previously, that if the game queues the aging process while you are playing the family, or by the game before you start, the sims will still age, even though you are not playing them with TS2 aging on.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
TwoToot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2010 June 19, 02:11:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Setting functions, for example the no F censoring, does not update the showconfig function, even though as far as I can tell, the settings are indeed working.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2010 June 19, 02:35:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is normal and working as designed: Setconfig only makes temporary changes to the configuration, as some options may be undesirable to have permanently on.

DJTekilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2010 June 19, 02:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sup everyone, has anyone had any problem installing framework with Ambitions? Also don't answer with answers such as "there's a SEARCH BUTTON" I'm well aware of that.

Life is like a game of chess: You can think ahead of every moves possible, but you will never be sure what the opponent will play.
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2010 June 19, 02:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sup everyone, has anyone had any problem installing framework with Ambitions? Also don't answer with answers such as "there's a SEARCH BUTTON" I'm well aware of that.

Read the FAQ. You've painted a big red target on yourself.

INTP.
DJTekilla
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2010 June 19, 02:59:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read the FAQ. You've painted a big red target on yourself.

Which FAQ? the one from Coconnor ? If so I Already tried -_- I already installed framework but the old way just doesn't work with me anymore.

EDIT: If you means Grimma's FAQ still doesn't work with me
« Last Edit: 2010 June 19, 03:08:55 by DJTekilla » Logged

Life is like a game of chess: You can think ahead of every moves possible, but you will never be sure what the opponent will play.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: 2010 June 19, 03:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome mod 2010-Jun-19 04:55:06 - Game will not start; Hangs on title screen before it starts loading.

Rubyelf
Feckless Fool

Fiddlesticks!

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2010 June 19, 03:21:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Had a random freeze lockup. Was playing fine, and it hit 7am when all the messages for my family to get a carpool would have popped up, and instead it froze. This was after I had just changed the mothers career to something new (she was an inventor, but I maxed it, so  I decided to make her join the political career). I was at the fastest speed at the time, also the derelict vehicles are still plaguing my neighbourhood and "towderelicts" does nothing to help me.

I also cannot find the option for "supreme commander" anywhere, I do have the extra options enabled, would that affect it?

High Distinctions for Forensic Analytical Science? CHECK! Honours? CHECK! Scholarship for PHD after completing my Majors? CHECK!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: