More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 23:26:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD  (Read 266973 times)
Sablesasha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: AWESOMEMOD 1.2.7/2.7.7/3.3.11 TEST THREAD
« Reply #200 on: 2010 June 06, 22:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I try to create a new game in the Sims 3, after I select the household I wish to play with and click on the purple check mark the game stays in edit town mode and refuses to load the family.

I don't think that's an Awesomemod bug.  I just had the same thing happen, and I'm not running Awesomemod.

No, that's an Ambitions bork!  I had no CC, hacks, I was playing vanilla and the same thing happened. Only way to get around it, was to go to Main Menu and go back into the game that way.  Or else, quit and start again.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 06, 22:43:30 by Sablesasha » Logged
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2010 June 06, 22:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I pinpointed my problem using AM with Ambitions and it seems to be linked to that stupid mods found popup EA put in.  Without AM it pops up just fine and I can click through and game finishes loading.  WITH AM, you get the sound of the popup but the screen never shows up for you to click through it.  Is there a way to disable that stupid thing?  I think we already know we install mods.  Seems to be the only issue though. 

I just added this elsewhere but will briefly add it here in case it's related.

I have retail AMB CD. Yesterday played several hours, no problem. Today I tried adding a few more mods, including Twallan's No CD (which others have reported works OK with AMB). The game loaded, but took much longer than normal and I did not get the EA Mod Pop up window. The game also had some pretty annoying lagging and jerkiness. When I took the No CD out, the game was back to playing like it did yesterday, complete with the EA Mod Pop up window. Maybe I'm the only one who had this problem, but I am wondering if they have made it more difficult to bypass the CD check somehow.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: 2010 June 06, 22:51:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am wondering if they have made it more difficult to bypass the CD check somehow.

That is not what caused the delay.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2010 June 06, 22:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Wonder if there's any correlation in bugs with the type of NoCD people are using?

I'm using the exe that came with the ViTALiTY torrent, others are using AM and yet others Twallan's No CD. I would use AM's bypass check but I'm popping the mod in and out - I have save games where I use it and save games where I do not.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2010 June 06, 22:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am wondering if they have made it more difficult to bypass the CD check somehow.

That is not what caused the delay.

Maybe not, but when I removed it, the delay went away. Got a better explanation?
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2010 June 06, 23:39:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got a better explanation?

Nope.

However, do you really think that EA decided that you, and apparently you alone, should be punished for not having a CD?

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2010 June 06, 23:46:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I try to create a new game in the Sims 3, after I select the household I wish to play with and click on the purple check mark the game stays in edit town mode and refuses to load the family.

I don't think that's an Awesomemod bug.  I just had the same thing happen, and I'm not running Awesomemod.

No, that's an Ambitions bork!  I had no CC, hacks, I was playing vanilla and the same thing happened. Only way to get around it, was to go to Main Menu and go back into the game that way.  Or else, quit and start again.
If you were to actually READ AND COMPREHEND what I posted, that's exactly what I was saying:  this is an Ambitions bug, not Awesomemod-related.  Since this is, you know, AN AWESOMEMOD TEST THREAD, I thought I'd point out that this particular bug isn't the fault of the mod.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2010 June 07, 00:55:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got a better explanation?

Nope.

However, do you really think that EA decided that you, and apparently you alone, should be punished for not having a CD?

I don't believe that's what I said, but whatever. What I do know is that I have seen other people complain about slow load times and lagging, though. Just throwing it out there in case the file is also causing problems for others.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2010 June 07, 01:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. Wonder if there's any correlation in bugs with the type of NoCD people are using?

I'm using the exe that came with the ViTALiTY torrent, others are using AM and yet others Twallan's No CD. I would use AM's bypass check but I'm popping the mod in and out - I have save games where I use it and save games where I do not.

Maybe, but who knows?  I recommend using PowerISO to mount the ISO file.  I haven't cracked my game and I am still able to get past the CD check even when I am not running AM.  My game also runs perfectly fine.

Anyway, back to testing.
Sablesasha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2010 June 07, 01:24:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Sablesasha
If you were to actually READ AND COMPREHEND what I posted, that's exactly what I was saying:  this is an Ambitions bug, not Awesomemod-related.  Since this is, you know, AN AWESOMEMOD TEST THREAD, I thought I'd point out that this particular bug isn't the fault of the mod.

I did READ and COMPREHEND what you had said, no idea why you had to shout it.

I was confirming what you had said, that it's not to do with AM.  You did say ‘I don't think' which implies that it was your opinion not a confirmation so I was friggen confirming it!
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2010 June 07, 01:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe, but who knows?  I recommend using PowerISO to mount the ISO file.  I haven't cracked my game and I am still able to get past the CD check even when I am not running AM.  My game also runs perfectly fine.

I couldn't run mine like that. It said the disc couldn't be verified and quit. Probably useless info but eh.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2010 June 07, 01:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, back to testing.

You think speculating about possible clusters of bugs isn't testing?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2010 June 07, 01:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a blank line on the Supreme Commander pulldown when in vacation world.

In the Collection section, there are lines for Bugs, Rocks, Seeds, then a blank line followed by Everything.  The line is blank, as is the popup help.
It is the one that auto excavates.

This is the most serious problem that I have encountered in the last few hours.  Well, at least that I am sure is AM.

Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2010 June 07, 01:38:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyway, back to testing.

You think speculating about possible clusters of bugs isn't testing?
I didn't say that or mean to imply that.  I was actually pleased to see people pointing out bugs that were not caused by AM and whatnot.

I just meant that *I* was going to go back to play the game.

I couldn't run mine like that. It said the disc couldn't be verified and quit. Probably useless info but eh.
That's too bad.  I guess I just got lucky then.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 07, 01:50:27 by Simius » Logged
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: 2010 June 07, 02:32:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same bugs as already reported.

School is now a "small park" and isnt accepting students.
Derelict vehicles everywhere.
Non- Rabbit hold real-estate all become closed once purchased due to not meeting the minimum lot value for 1 star, even though the value is already what is required. For example. My junkyard needed a value of 9000 to open and 1 junk pile. After editing it, the value was 9300 and it had 3 junk piles, yet it still had a requirement of 1 junk pile and a value of 9000.

« Last Edit: 2010 June 07, 04:33:13 by Anach » Logged

Tamalain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2010 June 07, 03:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same issues as Anach. 

No serious lag issues to report.

Getting closer, and closer.

desertwolf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2010 June 07, 04:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That has happened to me a few times but I don't have to go all the way back to the Main Menu.  When I click the "..." button there's a half-second pause followed by the lot loading correctly.
Nekonyami
Asinine Airhead

Commander of Cats

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: 2010 June 07, 04:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, that's an Ambitions bork!  I had no CC, hacks, I was playing vanilla and the same thing happened. Only way to get around it, was to go to Main Menu and go back into the game that way.  Or else, quit and start again.

That has happened to me a few times but I don't have to go all the way back to the Main Menu.  When I click the "..." button there's a half-second pause followed by the lot loading correctly.

It's been happening to me too. Sometimes I would try to enter a household and the checkmark would gray out. Sometimes clicking the "..." button would fix it and other times it wouldn't. I don't have Awesome installed either.
Tamalain
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2010 June 07, 05:16:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Several people over in the EA forums are reporting the same faults as here, but none use AM.  So may be several other issues at work here as well.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2010 June 07, 05:39:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't play long but with the most recent AM everything is running smoothly, just that same problem of the school not being considered a school by the game, only when AM is installed.
I have investigated this problem but cannot reproduce it. School works fine for me. More details or sample save needed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: 2010 June 07, 06:06:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The school rabbit hole changed in ambitions and now houses a career, clearly something is conflicting with awesomemod that you can't figure out because you don't have ambitions installed to even have the potential of having the issue.

has anyone without ambitions reported it?
« Last Edit: 2010 June 07, 06:12:37 by Claeric » Logged
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2010 June 07, 06:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to have to agree with Shouty that the presence of Ambitions in our games is the missing factor here.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2010 June 07, 06:44:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would also agree that Ambitions may be the problem.

Just did some testing, removed ALL mods and CC, added in the Nrass noCD and the schools worked fine, the option to join the education career or attend painting class showed up.  Then removed the Nrass noCD and added AM on it's own, restarted, and the school becomes a small park, the only options available are from map view and are to visit the school.

Sounds like we might have to wait for you to get a hold of Ambitions to see and find the problem.

Edit: I just uninstalled Ambitions and ran with AM, and the school works fine, even has the reddish school dot in map view.  With Ambitions and AM the school becomes a small park and is treated as such by the game and has no interactions other than to visit.  I would say without a doubt it is an issue with Ambitions and AM, but that seems to be the only one so far.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 07, 06:54:40 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #223 on: 2010 June 07, 06:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think he has ambitions, but has said he hasnt installed it yet. Probably for the sake of fixing non-ambitions-related issues first, I dont know.

Unfortunate that we dont have the anygameinstaller, for simple testing of multiple installations.
Jezabel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2010 June 07, 08:17:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a blank line on the Supreme Commander pulldown when in vacation world.

In the Collection section, there are lines for Bugs, Rocks, Seeds, then a blank line followed by Everything.  The line is blank, as is the popup help.
It is the one that auto excavates.

This is the most serious problem that I have encountered in the last few hours.  Well, at least that I am sure is AM.

I didn't play in vacation worlds with AM since I installed Ambitions, but on a vanilla game (WA+Ambitions no Hacks) my Sims can't dig anymore, they have a "route fail" when trying even if they are standing just in front of the dig site.

So I guess Ambitions broke it and AM is just reflecting this.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 07, 09:14:48 by Jezabel » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: