More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 15:10:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's borked
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's borked  (Read 262087 times)
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Ambitions: What's borked
« Reply #125 on: 2010 June 04, 20:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your "Neat" sims will do the laundry without being prompted, as will any maids you hire.  I actually do recommend using the laundry options in the game, because they give you two longlasting moodlet buffs, from having clean clothes and fresh sheets on the bed.  Also, eco-friendly sims will get a moodlet buff from using the clothesline.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2010 June 04, 20:49:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Sim descriptions. Major borkage. I guess they fired the writers:

"Cherish grew up dreaming to be a a [sic] good wife and mother, but nothing more. During a hard time in her husband's career she took up teaching to pay the mortgage, and she ended up loving it. Will she be able to balance her new love of teaching, and be able to be the mother she's always dreamt of?"

<meh> siggie. </meh>
Alwayswatching
Asinine Airhead

Correlation does not imply Causality.

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2010 June 04, 20:50:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Cherish grew up dreaming to be a a [sic] good wife and mother, but nothing more. During a hard time in her husband's career she took up teaching to pay the mortgage, and she ended up loving it. Will she be able to balance her new love of teaching, and be able to be the mother she's always dreamt of?"

Despite what you may think, developers are still human.

My inferiority complex is better than your inferiority complex!
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2010 June 04, 20:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've come across a few major typos in the pop up notices as well.  I didn't think to write them down at the time, but one of them was about receiving "The key to ."  Come to find out, it was the key to the city.  Human or not, EA should be able to afford an editor to check such things.
Archaeologist
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2010 June 04, 21:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had some major lag issues, getting worse after adding package files. I am going to see if mods are problems.

Also, has anyone had an issue where the camera rotation and zoom is painfully slow? the camera moves fine with sidescrolling but whenever I rotate or zoom in and out it takes forever to get anywhere. I dont know if its just my game or a common problem.
LVRugger
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2010 June 04, 21:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not major, but annoying: When traveling to the past my Sim was given a new wardrobe and hairstyle. It is set as everyday 1 and I'm having a bitch of a time just deleting it.

More major and very annoying: Gems mined do not count towards the unique gem count, so I haven't unlocked the heart shape cut. I need that cut for the Servo. I don't want to travel just to get one or two more gem types, but I may have to since I can't find any other gems in Twinbrook.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: 2010 June 04, 21:08:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've come across a few major typos in the pop up notices as well.  I didn't think to write them down at the time, but one of them was about receiving "The key to ."  Come to find out, it was the key to the city.  Human or not, EA should be able to afford an editor to check such things.

That's a reference, it is supposed to say "The Key to [town name]".

Either the reference text that tells it what to reference was broken, or your town didnt have a name.
Alwayswatching
Asinine Airhead

Correlation does not imply Causality.

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2010 June 04, 21:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game doesn't seem noticably faster to me, but that may be because it was already pretty fast.

However, loading 'hoods is like three times slower.

My inferiority complex is better than your inferiority complex!
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2010 June 04, 21:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The typos are the least of the problems. Two 'a's seems pretty minor compared with the winding, phrasal-verb-heavy sentences. Every fricking Sim seems 'to wish to continue the discovery of knowledge'. This game had no editor.

<meh> siggie. </meh>
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2010 June 04, 21:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the firefighting profession might need some fixing.  I don't know if it's just bad luck but since becoming fire chief there's earthquakes almost everyday.  It wouldn't be bad except for the fact that it divides your weekly pay into the three disasters that happen.  At the end of it all your sim is ready to drop dead.  Then the next day there's yet another earthquake.

I've also noticed the fire engine and fire alarm need excessive maintenance as they seem to continue to decay even when your sim isn't at the fire station.  So by monday the fire alarm and fire engine are usually down to 30% if not lower.
Sanati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2010 June 04, 21:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim salvaged a world globe (forgot the name of it) at a junkyard, instead of going into the family inventory like all other salvaged items it went into her personal inventory and got stuck there. I could not drag it out of her inventory or interact with it in anyway. So don't salvage any of those,.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: 2010 June 04, 22:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

^ I noticed the same thing Sanati. Can't wait for awesome to be working again so I can use the nuke command on it.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2010 June 04, 22:55:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if it's just bad luck but since becoming fire chief there's earthquakes almost everyday.
Heh, I had it in my mind that exactly this would happen. Although I've personally yet to experience even one, I'm glad to know typical EAxian odds are still apparently afoot. I was getting worried.

I've also noticed the fire engine and fire alarm need excessive maintenance as they seem to continue to decay even when your sim isn't at the fire station.  So by monday the fire alarm and fire engine are usually down to 30% if not lower.
This is definitely very annoying. Especially if you start working from home. Then you get annoying messages about poorly maintained equipment, even when you can't really use the fire department fire engine anymore (because the sim always prefers to use their own personal fire engine).

Also, the new pop-up system doesn't work too well. Apart from being stupid and sucky, it seems to bring back messages that have already been dismissed whenever a new notification pops up.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: 2010 June 04, 23:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of my cars got stuck in my family inventory. It was put there instead of the personal one. I cant sell it or anything.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2010 June 04, 23:10:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I had it in my mind that exactly this would happen. Although I've personally yet to experience even one, I'm glad to know typical EAxian odds are still apparently afoot. I was getting worried.

Yeah i knew the same sort of thing might happen.  I haven't had another earthquake for over a week now after earthquakes nearly every single day.  I'd really like to know the actual odds of it happening because i'm not really convinced it was just awful luck.

This is definitely very annoying. Especially if you start working from home. Then you get annoying messages about poorly maintained equipment, even when you can't really use the fire department fire engine anymore (because the sim always prefers to use their own personal fire engine).

The maintenance is sort of odd.  I think all fire alarms might be connected so you repair one you repair them all.  Fire engines however i think each have their own status.

Also, the new pop-up system doesn't work too well. Apart from being stupid and sucky, it seems to bring back messages that have already been dismissed whenever a new notification pops up.

As far as i can tell it's the fact that the new system doesn't delete messages unless you click the X box or if it does it takes its time.  They seem to disappear and stay there until you hit the X box later.  Personally i prefer the new system since it's not such a massive clutter.  Although it can get a bit annoying sometimes.
Dienvae
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2010 June 04, 23:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Ea didn't fix stuck taxis. I have one stuck in front of the Twinbrook courthouse. Roll Eyes
Sablesasha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2010 June 04, 23:51:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm Miss Candy Floss was an excellent fire-fighter; she managed to put fires out within the expected time. But her new man Jaxom!  He turned up at the fire, sat himself down and started watching TV!

Made him put it out, switched back to Candy (she had changed jobs to a designer) who is excelling in this profession too.   Switched back to Jaxom to find him watching TV again, 10 hours on and the fire seems out but the house owner is still having a hissy outside. 

Made him clean up, left him to it went back to Candy, who had completed her job.  She staggered home to get a feed to find Jaxom already there playing computer games and the small house fire sticky is still up! Can't find a way to get rid of it, and he won't go back to the house to finish the job even though the fire is out and after cleaning up.  Owner is still jumping up and down outside...   Didn't look like there was anyone to rescue, the little list that pops up just said a small house fire to clean up, to be done in three hours.

So lazy sim or? His trait are Brave, Great kisser (not that this would help unless he kisses the homeowner hehe), daredevil, perfectionist and family oriented
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2010 June 05, 00:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Autofollow on high speed is randomly stopped mid-trip. I've only seen it doing this after loading ambitions. It is the only thing I've noticed wrong so far.

Haven't noticed that yet.  I always go to high when my firefighter responds to an emergency, and it follows them all the way, so far.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: 2010 June 05, 00:51:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A miner my family invented eventually was no longer able to be selected to drill, or to do.. anything with, and had to be sold via buy mode.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Jeeves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2010 June 05, 01:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just found a small graphical glitch while detonating the Landgraab's backyard. Detonating objects near a pool may cause the sim to escape into the pool and stand on the water with his/her hands over his/her ears. After the flailing of arms everything seemingly returns to normal and the sim starts swimming again. This seems to be damn near ignorable, but with this being EA and all who knows what this could break.

Quote from: Asstear
6. Banned me from my own forum
Sarafina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2010 June 05, 02:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My firefighter sim was hanging out the fire station after hours and within about an hour, every single sim got stuck standing next to the beds wanting to go to sleep.  The action could be canceled, but just hung there.  None of them could even pass out or die because they were still stuck in that animation.  Game froze and refused to quit.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: 2010 June 05, 02:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gonna go ahead and confirm that "Cannot live in this squalor" when renovating is a relatively major glitch.

I have successfully fixed it ONE time. All I did was add a bed and some lights (home had no bed and was dark) and add some walls where there were none. I have since tried to find/fix any and all missing walls in other lots where it happens, but it still happens.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2010 June 05, 02:59:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno if this is borked or what the deal is... But I've had my sims camping out at the cemetery to talk to some of the ghosts.  The ghosts spawn but then head directly to the road and leave and I can't talk to them.  I'm not sure if they end up going to a community lot to hang out or what, but they disappear once they make it to the road so I can't track them IF they are actually going elsewhere.
dramiett
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2010 June 05, 03:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Minor Eco-Freak annoyance: "Go Here With..." infant results in positive carpooling moodlet.  Holding infant and "Go Here..." results in negative Riding Alone moodlet.  Often manage both in the same trip- I like to think that in the second instance maybe the baby flags down its own cab?  Constant low-grade positive moodlets aside, Eco Freaks are so hard to please from a starting lot.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2010 June 05, 04:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My starting sim family has an eco-friendly member, and she's been very easy to please from the start.  I made a house for a family of four, furnished it, and still had enough left over for a recycle bin.  After a day or so with two adults working, I was able to buy a washing machine, a clothes hamper, and a clothesline.  My eco-friendly sim gets positive moodlets from recycling the newspaper, taking a quick shower, carpooling to work every morning, and drying clothes on the clothesline.  This is in addition to the laundry moodlets.  My eco sim has been pretty much in constant elated status.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: