More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 12:20:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's borked
0 Members and 3 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's borked  (Read 262078 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Ambitions: What's borked
« Reply #100 on: 2010 June 04, 00:41:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim died. I don't know if it's because of that, but I can't move in another household. I click the checkmark and it goes grey and nothing happens. I have to go to edit town and try again, but it won't work. It doesnt work if I choose a household either.
cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: 2010 June 04, 00:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I load a household, the sim's panels and thumbnails don't show up.  I can see wishes, the leftmost control panel, and buy and build mode.  I can click on very few objects, but not sims.  I can't zoom in or out.  When I go to edit town and switch active households, I lose all abilities except spinning with the mouse, and I can't go back into the household because the icons don't show on the map.  This is without awesomeMod.  I have Twallan's supercomputer and relativity; the CAS sliders, and a few minor mods, all of which worked before.  I can't figure out what's wrong here.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
Sanati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2010 June 04, 01:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have the framework in my folder, and am just using the new mods folder. All my mods work that I have in now. It's replacement skins, some fixes, all the store content, the awesome fixes for them, ruleof6, and new names.

The "framework" is no longer required because the game is looking into the mods folder on it's own. You might need a resources.cfg to use subfolders inside the mod folder, I haven't tested that. AFAIK d3dx9_31.dll is no longer needed anywhere either, that file was only used to trick the client into looking at modified dlls IIRC. I've already made and tested a core mod using the new mods folder and that worked fine without a d3dx9_31.dll placed anywhere. So it looks at and loads anything in the mods folder, even if it does add a couple new annoying popups.

All of that of course only pertains to the new mod folder in documents. You still need the framework and d3dx9_31.dll to use mods the old way.
dDefinder
Blathering Buffoon

An Acronym

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: 2010 June 04, 01:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim died. I don't know if it's because of that, but I can't move in another household. I click the checkmark and it goes grey and nothing happens. I have to go to edit town and try again, but it won't work. It doesnt work if I choose a household either.

Seems to happen at random. I had this problem when I switched from different 2 households.

No matter what variables there are, it all adds up to total and all-encompassing tedium.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2010 June 04, 02:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took the plunge and moved my CC to the EA-sanctioned location, with the requisite changes to other files of course.  Everything seems to work so far, not that I have much -- twallan's SuperComputer, Buzzler's mirror, a few of Anach's mods, my skintone blends, and a couple other things that don't come readily to mind.  I have noticed only three other issues:  (1)  Some pretty severe lags reminiscent of the 1:00 a.m. lag from way back when (I think this has been mentioned before), (2) a visual oddity when they're playing that outdoor game with the batons and pawns such that I can't usually see the batons going through the air (it may be like this anyway, but if not, the culprit is likely to be my base-game no-censor mod, which counter to Anach's advice I left in), and (3) a really strange issue in the kitchen.  I had installed two dishwashers in the kitchen, and had made my handy Sim upgrade both to unbreakable.  I have used this setup before in a crowded house, and it works well at mealtimes.  But suddenly my Sims couldn't use the microwave.  They'd pull the frozen dinner out of the fridge, walk up to the microwave, stand there indefinitely like they do when waiting for a toilet that's currently in use, and stomp when I cancelled the interaction.  Once I'd replaced one dishwasher with a sink, the problem went away.  I haven't tried to reproduce this with my mods removed, but I suspect that this is true game behavior, though I have no proof.

But otherwise, the only thing I don't like about the mods being in the new location is that it seems the game will nag me every time about the presence of core mods.  (I know there are core mods.  I put them there.)  I am hoping for a crappy XML tweak, from either here or elsewhere, that will stomp this nagging behavior.
DigiGekko
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2010 June 04, 02:18:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get rid of any old mosaic killing mods and get the new one in Pudding Factory. The old ones will also render ghosts and certain fires invisible.
Naples
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2010 June 04, 02:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The issue I'm having is in the Architectural Design Profession. On the 3rd day of work no more pop ups telling me there is a job to do, don't know if that is a bug or a feature. Also When completing remodels, when finished sometimes it doesn't complete, and the person starts yelling at you for being in their house and fires you then throws you out. You can't click on them or their house to tell them you are done. This just happened 3 times in a row for me on my broke ass Sim. Reminds me of the borked tombs.

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. Abraham Lincoln
Witchboy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: 2010 June 04, 02:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having problems with the launcher ever since updating to the latest patches & installing AMB. The career bundle & latest store items all say they have installed successfully but are marked as not installed. I have used the latest decrap & s3rc twice to try & install the items & still get the same results.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: 2010 June 04, 02:53:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You just are bad at life.

No jobs? You're supposed to FIND jobs.

Can't finish the job AFTER WORK HOURS? Come back DURING WORK HOURS.

Adding 2 + 2? It's FOUR
Barbara Walters
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2010 June 04, 02:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having problems with the launcher ever since updating to the latest patches & installing AMB. The career bundle & latest store items all say they have installed successfully but are marked as not installed. I have used the latest decrap & s3rc twice to try & install the items & still get the same results.

Same thing happened to me. Not that it's a big deal, I've been extracting the packages from the packs and making my own merged files instead.
Witchboy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: 2010 June 04, 02:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same thing happened to me. Not that it's a big deal, I've been extracting the packages from the packs and making my own merged files instead.

Thanks for the tip Smiley Looks like i'll be doing the same.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2010 June 04, 03:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Firefighting seems borked during large house fires when there are people to be saved - I had 2 people who apparently needed to be convinced, one which was a toddler and I couldn't select her to do it, and if you can't see anyone on the lot to convince to run and instead just put out the fires, the entire exercise fails and you get a bad grade at that emergency, because the game thinks you skipped it.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2010 June 04, 03:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The issue of move household seizing up and not allowing move-out or move-in is not specific to the Ambitions EP.  This has occurred in one of my households prior to WA (base TS3 game only).  I am not sure what causes this, but it is not likely caused by something directly related to Ambitions. 

To get rid of the problem, I simply zorched the entire hood and started over.  You may wish to try a less "drastic" solution, of course, but I bet my method is faster.

Tribulatio proxima est
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2010 June 04, 05:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Firefighting seems borked during large house fires when there are people to be saved - I had 2 people who apparently needed to be convinced, one which was a toddler and I couldn't select her to do it, and if you can't see anyone on the lot to convince to run and instead just put out the fires, the entire exercise fails and you get a bad grade at that emergency, because the game thinks you skipped it.

I had a large house fire, and didn't have any issues other than not being able to see the so called window fires, as noted above it may be the no mosaic mod I have.  My main problem, was after breaking down the doors and telling them to run, they just stayed put, but the game registered it as a save.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
matsays
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2010 June 04, 06:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think, perhaps, the mods folder in the documents is more efficient, at the cost of a longer neighborhood load time.

My game has felt WORLDS faster (not to mention worlds prettier, but that's just because the patch violently enhanced the lighting), and I am thinking it has to do with the documents mods folder and the longer neighborhood loading time. I think the game is loading the neighborhood for the most part, instead of just your house.

Although I should note that sometimes it loads relatively fast and sometimes it takes minutes at a time.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I did not have to wait for CC icons to load at all. Like, on a brand new install, there was no need to wait for my CC thumbnails OR game content icons to load. They were all there immediately, and the objects popped up as soon as I clicked on them. THis tells me there's some loading/efficiency changes going on. There was no need to rebuilt an object cache in-game, it was already there.

When I put my .packages in my documents/user/thesims3 on the launching of my game it informs me that some objects couldnt be loaded (as the package for ultra lounge kitchen/bath and others sims store)
moondance
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2010 June 04, 07:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim bought a cake from a kid in the park who had set up a stand. There was no option to eat the cake, and I couldn't take it out of his inventory and put it in the fridge or any place else. The only option was to "clean up," which of course gave my sim a negative moodlet for wasting food. I seem to recall having the exact same problem with the TS2 OFB bakery (minus the moodlet, of course,) in the beginning, so I was more nostalgically amused than annoyed, really.

On another note, one of the things that has annoyed me most about TS3 from the start was what would happen if I directed my sim to perform a social action with another sim: When the social was done, the two sims would stand there like idiots shuffling their feet and whistling at the sky for the next sim hour. Now, since I installed AMB, I'm having a difficult time getting anything romantic going with a pair of sims. I tell my sim to flirt with the other sim, and he does so, and immediately as soon as the flirt is done, she retaliates with some gossip or a funny face, which of course sends them back to "Fred thinks Ethel is okay." So they never get past "flirty." Oh well. If I have to cheat them into relationships, that's still better than all that time they were wasting before, kicking dirt and examining clouds.

Other than those two things, and one CTD that I'm pretty sure I caused by doing something stupid, I'm finding that the entire game is greatly improved for me by the addition of AMB.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2010 June 04, 07:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim bought a cake from a kid in the park who had set up a stand. There was no option to eat the cake, and I couldn't take it out of his inventory and put it in the fridge or any place else. The only option was to "clean up," which of course gave my sim a negative moodlet for wasting food. I seem to recall having the exact same problem with the TS2 OFB bakery (minus the moodlet, of course,) in the beginning, so I was more nostalgically amused than annoyed, really.

On another note, one of the things that has annoyed me most about TS3 from the start was what would happen if I directed my sim to perform a social action with another sim: When the social was done, the two sims would stand there like idiots shuffling their feet and whistling at the sky for the next sim hour. Now, since I installed AMB, I'm having a difficult time getting anything romantic going with a pair of sims. I tell my sim to flirt with the other sim, and he does so, and immediately as soon as the flirt is done, she retaliates with some gossip or a funny face, which of course sends them back to "Fred thinks Ethel is okay." So they never get past "flirty." Oh well. If I have to cheat them into relationships, that's still better than all that time they were wasting before, kicking dirt and examining clouds.

Other than those two things, and one CTD that I'm pretty sure I caused by doing something stupid, I'm finding that the entire game is greatly improved for me by the addition of AMB.

Yeah, I'm enjoying it so far and the bugs aren't too bad. 

Have you tried to queue up a bunch of romantic interactions in a row?  I imagine that should prevent his target from doing the silly face interrupting him.  Then again, maybe not.
Nienor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2010 June 04, 10:45:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting the "Food tastes like fridge" (or whatever the English version may call it) moodlet even when using the most expensive fridge. I've never seen this before installing Ambitions/the newest patch.
Naples
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2010 June 04, 11:31:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm guessing this is a target at my post.

You just are bad at life.

No jobs? You're supposed to FIND jobs.

First off... NO WAY! are you freaking kidding me? Duh your suppose to go out and look for jobs, I was stating, if you had read, that in the morning when the game tells you there is a job, it happened the first 3 days and skipped the 4th. My statement was if that was suppose to happen or if it was a bug? And now I think that is a bug because the 5th day the pop-ups for jobs was back in the morning.

Can't finish the job AFTER WORK HOURS? Come back DURING WORK HOURS.

Adding 2 + 2? It's FOUR

WOW are you serious you can't turn in a job after hours?!?!?! Now if that WAS my problem you MIGHT had solved it.... To bad it wasn't, thanks for your mindless blather, again. The jobs that couldn't be completed happened the whole day. My statement that it just happened 3 times in a row should have gave you that clue. Learn to read.

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. Abraham Lincoln
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2010 June 04, 12:58:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Naples, there is really no need to be a smartass. You just make yourself look dumb.

Here are my findings on the Design profession:

-You have to continually skill at painting and use the drafting table to research architectural design. If you aren't advancing in that stuff, chances are, you ran out of jobs for that level.
-If you can't turn in a job because they're yelling at you, it is probably because there aren't enough beds and dining chairs in the house. I had that happen to me a dozen times and then I finally realized that there were more sims living in the house than there were beds. So be mindful of how many sims live there. After I started adding beds, I started getting great reviews.
-Also, don't save during this process or you lose the entire job. That might also be why you can't tell them you're done.

Jellohelicopter
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2010 June 04, 13:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Autofollow on high speed is randomly stopped mid-trip. I've only seen it doing this after loading ambitions. It is the only thing I've noticed wrong so far. I've chalked up my issue with poltergeists sometimes being a pain to locate up to my lack of observance skills.

On a positive note, the launcher is now loading store CC properly. For a few months there I couldn't even get freebies directly from their site much less shared copies here and now it all seems to be working great.

Edited to add:
After playing for two days, the first without CC, I've realized most store items "successfully" added through the launcher were false positives. Shutting the launcher down and restarting it shows it as unloaded and sometimes clones the files on the list for some reason. It occurs almost always with sets, including the freebies. I was so excited to finally see a few sets in my game again and it turns out its still broken.

I have also noticed the social issue jumping around. Have sims always interrupted all the actions of others they converse with? I've never noticed it happening as often as its occurring now.

« Last Edit: 2010 June 06, 15:26:52 by Jellohelicopter » Logged
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: 2010 June 04, 14:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone noticed that you seem to get a HELL of  alot more wishes now? Instead of maybe one or two a day I'm rolling up to 20. It's not BORKED, but that we can only save 4 at a time is feeling pretty broken :p
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2010 June 04, 14:46:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Autofollow on high speed is randomly stopped mid-trip. I've only seen it doing this after loading ambitions. It is the only thing I've noticed wrong so far. I've chalked up my issue with poltergeists sometimes being a pain to locate up to my lack of observance skills.

You know, when I saw those promotional videos over at Simprograms from the fan events where the autofollow kept on cutting out, I just assumed that this was down to whoever was in charge being an idiot and randomly clicking everywhere. This is actually a glitch? How the fuck did EA miss that?

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2010 June 04, 15:34:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if that's a bug or they just didn't care enough, but I just got a request for Teenage Sanctuary from Thornton Wolff. I even checked if they suddenly adopted a teenager, but nope, just him and his wife.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2010 June 04, 20:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dirty laundry piles seem to build up in non-active households; even houses with no laundry equipment at all. In the houses that do have equipment, they never seem to use any of it. I'm guessing this is EAxis' clevar way of forcing other sims to visit the Laundromat lot, but still...

I'm only really bothered because it's giving my Profession sims negative moodlets, and makes it very difficult to swipe loot, as sims seem to go for the dirty laundry piles most of the time.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: