More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 04:20:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's borked
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's borked  (Read 262314 times)
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Ambitions: What's borked
« Reply #50 on: 2010 June 02, 16:28:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, be aware that removing mods yet playing a previously modded save can also result in a BFBVFS.  If you must play the expansion without waiting for mod updates, yank your mod folder and start a new game/hood.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: 2010 June 02, 16:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the foundations on top of secondary floors that they used in pretty much EVERY building?

The lack of the tool for it is not "borked". It's a cheat!

PlaceFriezes on/off lets you place foundations on top of any other floor except foundations.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010 June 02, 16:38:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh!  I'm totally going to go crazy with that cheat.  I miss my sunken living rooms and raised dining rooms I used to make for TS2.  The sunken living room workaround for TS3 was unwieldy at best, plus it required ginormous windows.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2010 June 02, 16:40:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My mistake, as long as the cieling is high enough, they can go onto foundations as well. Cheesy
BriarRosethorn
Asinine Airhead

Don't you type at me in that tone of voice!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 June 02, 16:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish I was a good enough builder to create sunken/raised rooms. Maybe this cheat will give me the opportunity to practice building some more.

KING LOUIS: I'm the King of France!
THE DOCTOR: Yeah? Well, I'm the Lord of Time.
The Doctor. More awesome than the King of France.
Orlando
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010 June 02, 20:25:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So the foundations on top of secondary floors that they used in pretty much EVERY building?

The lack of the tool for it is not "borked". It's a cheat!

PlaceFriezes on/off lets you place foundations on top of any other floor except foundations.

Is it a cheat that comes with the patch or the update you think?
Are there any other new cheats that you have come across in your musings?
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2010 June 02, 20:37:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, but I only found the Friezes one from typing "help".

There's one that is "remove floor cutout" but I have no idea what that is or if it's new.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010 June 02, 21:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim Bots love to jump into the pool.  Then they short circuit.  But don't worry, once they recover they jump back into the pool.  yay!

(My sim bot is athletic, so I don't know if non-athletic sim bots do the same thing.)

On the plus side, my inventor sim was able to reprogram my Sim Bot when he was on the fritz which allowed me to select the Sim Bot's traits.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 02, 21:23:03 by Simius » Logged
Orlando
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 June 02, 21:12:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, but I only found the Friezes one from typing "help".

There's one that is "remove floor cutout" but I have no idea what that is or if it's new.

I hope it allows cookie cutter stencil type cutouts for customized inlayed flooring, that would be goodness.
@Simius: Check your robot for masochist or deeply depressed traits and keep him away from the microwave.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: 2010 June 02, 21:21:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure nobody will agree with me, but I always thought that maybe Servos/Simbots were supposed to be programmed to be just like sims, and so part of their charm is that they unknowingly attempt to take baths and go swimming even when it will fry them.

Not an error, just a potentially annoying quirk.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010 June 03, 00:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure nobody will agree with me, but I always thought that maybe Servos/Simbots were supposed to be programmed to be just like sims, and so part of their charm is that they unknowingly attempt to take baths and go swimming even when it will fry them.

Not an error, just a potentially annoying quirk.

That's kind of true.  On a side note my Sim Bot originally had the Hydrophobic trait.  Which I got rid of when I reprogrammed him.  So I guess it is kind of my fault now that I think about it.

I wonder if all new Sim Bots have that trait or if it was just pure luck.
LittleDictator
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010 June 03, 01:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I noticed while playing Ambitions, and I have to assume that it's a bug, is that any gems collected when using your Personal Drilling Device do not count towards your Gems Collected count. Also, when creating tunnels with the Drilling Device I made a tunnel to a Junkyard, named it and accidentally set off a detonator too close to the hole, causing it to become a salvage item. You can salvage it, causing it to disappear and it then goes into your family inventory but can neither be sold or placed on the ground. The location/name still shows up in the menu of tunnel travel locations, but I have yet to try it and see what happens.
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010 June 03, 04:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have borked romantic socials.

"Marc thinks Selphie is being flirty."

Then it IMMEDIATELY jumps to "thinks Selphie is okay."

Sad

I have this exact same issue, have you found the cause of it? Does this happen to every single sim you play or just select ones?
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: 2010 June 03, 04:35:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddly, I removed all my mods and placed them one by one. The issue never resurfaced.
iHateyou
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010 June 03, 04:41:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I'll just try reloading and then try this: http://nene.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=405243 (sounds like a similar issue) before messing with the 5 teeny mods I have in use.

I moved my mods to the new location in MyDocuments and reloaded. That seems to have fixed it. WTF?
« Last Edit: 2010 June 03, 04:51:52 by Perez Hilton » Logged
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010 June 03, 06:39:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When starting a new game I no longer have the option to select an existing household on the map. I can only create new sims or move in a family. Not that I really care as I always make new sims to play, but it is just an odd thing for them to remove.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010 June 03, 07:37:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have borked romantic socials.

"Marc thinks Selphie is being flirty."

Then it IMMEDIATELY jumps to "thinks Selphie is okay."

Sad

I have this exact same issue, have you found the cause of it? Does this happen to every single sim you play or just select ones?

Just to inform you that this is not necessarily due to the new patch or Ambitions, because I have frequently had this jumping back to "okay", too, and I am neither patched nor Ambitioned yet. Reloading the save usually fixes this for me.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 June 03, 08:11:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When starting a new game I no longer have the option to select an existing household on the map. I can only create new sims or move in a family. Not that I really care as I always make new sims to play, but it is just an odd thing for them to remove.

It does come up.  Try going into edit town first, then back, it will probably appear.  At least it did for me.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
bloodredtoe
Corpulent Cretin

Less awesome than some of you

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010 June 03, 10:09:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happened in the basic game already. The option appeared when entering edit town or saving and loading the save.
gelfling
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010 June 03, 12:30:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It worked as usual for me; you may have a borked installation or a conflicting mod.
My game has been remarkably well behaved and has only baulked at one piece - or set, of CC that causes my game to freeze if I click to view the relevant category in Buy Mode.
LilRubyQueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010 June 03, 13:12:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After noticing everything went all haywire, such as the romantic socials everyone was mentioning, I just removed AM and tried several different solutions. So now I just reinstalled my game, along with Ambitions. It works beautifully during gameplay (the bright green color is back! yay!)but..

Does anyone have the problem where if they put all of their CC in the documents path the load for the neighborhood takes considerably LONG (takes 7 minutes to load my family)?? Did anyone come across that? And if anyone knows if something is wrong can they help me (and no, AM isn't in my CC batch yet).
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2010 June 03, 13:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It takes longer to load the game. It used to take y whole game 20 seconds to start, now it takes around 2 minutes with my cc in the EA sanctioned mods folder.

I'm here to ask whether "buydebug" was part of AM or the regular game? I can't remember, but I recall people with unmodded games talking about it.
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2010 June 03, 13:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It appears that since the patch it is impossible to route to any digsite. Queuing up the 'excavate' command justs results in the route failure routine.

<meh> siggie. </meh>
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2010 June 03, 14:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It takes longer to load the game. It used to take y whole game 20 seconds to start, now it takes around 2 minutes with my cc in the EA sanctioned mods folder.
I actually have not put my CC in the EA sanctioned Mods folder, but moved it and the other necessary files to the corresponding places in the Ambitions folder.  So far everything seems to work.  Game loading is longer, especially if I've cleared my caches, but I was expecting that to a degree.  I also expect that the time will come with a future EP or patch when we will be forced to move our CC to the EA sanctioned location.

I'm here to ask whether "buydebug" was part of AM or the regular game? I can't remember, but I recall people with unmodded games talking about it.
It is part of the regular game -- I may be one of those people with unmodded story modes whom you remember talking about it.  I am scared to use it too much, though, for fear of causing a BFBVFS.
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2010 June 03, 14:56:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I'm a dumbass. I forgot to put "on" after "buydebug". AM's config file has me spoiled.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: