More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 16:05:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's borked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's borked  (Read 262089 times)
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
Re: Ambitions: What's borked
« Reply #500 on: 2010 July 24, 17:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess it's not new, but I fell over another count resetting problem today - "cook 5 dishes perfectly"  The 3/5 at home became 0/5 in Egypt.  The fish count however was fine - my still has still caught 30/50 red herrings

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
almostawesome
Blathering Buffoon

Swag out the max

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2010 July 25, 00:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a weird bug where I am unable to remove any accessories. For example, if I were to give a sim glasses, and later go to the dressor, there wouldn't be an option for not wearing glasses, only to change to other glasses.
Wow, that was barely coherent.

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2010 July 25, 05:01:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a weird bug where I am unable to remove any accessories. For example, if I were to give a sim glasses, and later go to the dressor, there wouldn't be an option for not wearing glasses, only to change to other glasses.
Have you tried clicking the equipped accessory to unequip it?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2010 July 25, 12:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Borked or not, I don't know, but now that EA has remodeled the deed system, ownership of rabbit holes or venues will not be retained if you transfer your family into a new neighbourhood, even if it's the same but newer town. Neither will you get the money back during export. I couldn't test whether it is the same with vacation homes, because my old neighbourhood went kaputt before I had the chance to buy one, but at least now I know that you should sell everything before you move out unless you intend to play a credit crunch scenario.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2010 July 25, 13:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Borked or not, I don't know, but now that EA has remodeled the deed system, ownership of rabbit holes or venues will not be retained if you transfer your family into a new neighbourhood, even if it's the same but newer town. Neither will you get the money back during export.
The ownership system is horribly bugged, anyway: You can end up with two famblies owning the same lot, resulting in a logical inconsistency over who the owner is, a generally screwed-up thing. AwesomeMod fixes this part. For obvious reasons, trying to transfer ownership between neighborhood moves can't work, because you could import two famblies that both claim to "own" the lot.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2010 July 25, 15:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since the patch I've had sims walking on water instead of swimming and standing up in the tattooist's chair - basically the two things that so-called patch was supposed to fixed, but actually introduced into my game instead.

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2010 July 25, 23:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today my sim got into a pool, then he walked over the water, and from above the water, he used his banshee banisher. He removed a spirit, an invisible one.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2010 July 26, 00:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Today my sim got into a pool, then he walked over the water, and from above the water, he used his banshee banisher. He removed a spirit, an invisible one.
Is this free verse?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Lorina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2010 July 26, 05:08:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is this free verse?
from the deepest of my FAT HEAD.
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: 2010 July 28, 17:34:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims also seem to think that they are the Messiah, makes me tempted to call the "Rapture" at times. Never had this behavior before the patch, either. This seems to happen mostly when they are conversing with each other in the pool, much like the same bug from Sims2.
JerseyGirlOOOO
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 2010 July 28, 22:53:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen this posted yet so here I go:

The game isn't showing the correct number of cases solved for my Investigator Sim.  Just this morning, it showed 18/35 cases solved, which was correct at the time.  I fired up the game again this afternoon, this time choosing a completely different family to play for a while and give her a break.  When I switched back to the Investigator family, the number of cases solved was 0/35.  What has caused this?  Was it because I switched to another family and then back to the original one?  The game is showing the correct job level (10), but I haven't been able to figure out what the goddamn hell is going on.

FYI:  I have no mods whatsoever, or any custom content, including Store stuff so it's not a conflict.  Can this be fixed?

EDIT:  I just tried Google.  Absolutely nothing!
« Last Edit: 2010 July 28, 23:00:19 by JerseyGirlOOOO » Logged

Never trust anyone.  Ever.  It will be the biggest mistake of your life.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2010 July 28, 23:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever you switch active families, all the current wants and wishes and whatnot of the current family are reset.  The game tells you this when you go to change families, and asks you if this is okay.  You then have to click the "YA THIS IS OKAY I WANT YOU TO RESET EVERYTHING" button before it'll change active families.

JerseyGirlOOOO
Retardo Lander

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2010 July 28, 23:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whenever you switch active families, all the current wants and wishes and whatnot of the current family are reset.  The game tells you this when you go to change families, and asks you if this is okay.  You then have to click the "YA THIS IS OKAY I WANT YOU TO RESET EVERYTHING" button before it'll change active families.

Fuck!  I was hoping it was another EAsshole problem.  Oh well.  I just didn't want to have to start over after all that time I spent getting even that far.  Damn!

Never trust anyone.  Ever.  It will be the biggest mistake of your life.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2010 July 28, 23:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the one thing I really hate about TS3:  the way it penalizes you for trying to play more than one family.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2010 July 28, 23:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game isn't showing the correct number of cases solved for my Investigator Sim.  Just this morning, it showed 18/35 cases solved, which was correct at the time.
I have a vague idea what may be causing this. It's related to the way TS3 stores wants, yes. I'm going to guess it DOESN'T happen if you switch back and forth while another want is locked.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: