More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:07:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's borked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's borked  (Read 260460 times)
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
Re: Ambitions: What's borked
« Reply #325 on: 2010 June 14, 15:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played all night and it was relatively bug free. I only came across one kind of big thing. I was playing a fire fighter and after the second fire he responded to, he came back to the station, but once he got out of the fire truck, it disappeared. So now I guess he has to either run or take a taxi to the fires? I also noticed that there were no other sims at the fire department at all. I'm playing Twinbrook, so I thought they'd have other sims set as fire fighters, but I guess not. My guy was alone the whole time he was there.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2010 June 14, 15:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something is wrong with your game as the game generates Firefighters and Stylists to populate the Firehouse and the Salon with them.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2010 June 14, 15:51:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's just as well they aren't generating. You wouldn't really want the game populated by vanilla pudding at the moment anyway. Wait until I finish working out the anti-vanilla-pudding feature.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: 2010 June 14, 16:16:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check the city hall. The first time I played a firefighter I didn't get the missing truck, but I had no partners- because every single sim in town was stuck in a neverending awards ceremony at the city hall.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2010 June 14, 16:23:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I borked my game by changing active familiies while, unbeknownst to me, a ceremony was going on at the City Hall.  When it started up under the new family, the rest of the town was empty, because everyone was at City Hall, cheering like twits and undergoing critical motive failure.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2010 June 15, 00:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played all night and it was relatively bug free. I only came across one kind of big thing. I was playing a fire fighter and after the second fire he responded to, he came back to the station, but once he got out of the fire truck, it disappeared. So now I guess he has to either run or take a taxi to the fires? I also noticed that there were no other sims at the fire department at all. I'm playing Twinbrook, so I thought they'd have other sims set as fire fighters, but I guess not. My guy was alone the whole time he was there.

AM is blocking the creation of the co-workers for some reason.  I have had the disappearing fire truck also, not sure what started it.  I think, if you click on the ringing alarm and select respond, the game will generate a fire truck.  I tend to bild fire stations with multiple vehicle, and when one goes missing, just edit the lot and add another one.

As Pescado says, he is working on it.
It's just as well they aren't generating. You wouldn't really want the game populated by vanilla pudding at the moment anyway. Wait until I finish working out the anti-vanilla-pudding feature.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2010 June 15, 05:39:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I borked my game by changing active familiies while, unbeknownst to me, a ceremony was going on at the City Hall.  When it started up under the new family, the rest of the town was empty, because everyone was at City Hall, cheering like twits and undergoing critical motive failure.

Well, I guess that's possible since I was switching around families. Are the awards ceremonies just random, or does something specific trigger them? I played an inventor and a sculptor in one house for most of last night and while both got a medal to hang on the wall that they had to pick up from city hall, I never really noticed any actual awards ceremony. I know there weren't any sims at Town Hall that I could see. But there were lots of sims at parks and walking around town. I'm not really sure why no fire fighters were there, though because the stylist career was spawning other sims to work there. I had a sim join and there were like 2 or 3 other sims working, with one being a tattoo artist.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: 2010 June 15, 06:03:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You get a ceremony for level 10 of a profession, I think. The mayor comes out and gives you a medal around your neck(that you dont actually see, it's just an animation...) and a special present, the key to the city. Sims stand around with balloons tossing confetti.

And it calls ANY AVAILABLE SIMS, so if you swap houses during one and it breaks, eventually the entire town is standing at city hall cheering.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2010 June 15, 08:20:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh. Well, I have a sculptor at level 10, but she didn't get an award ceremony. Will I get a message or something saying the award ceremony is happening?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2010 June 15, 13:20:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happened with me, I reached Level 10 of the Ghost Hunter profession.  I continued playing that Sim for a while, and noticed another family I had placed in the town was getting assfucked by Story Progression, so I changed active families to fix their issues.  When I switched back, my original Sim was in the middle of the award ceremony he should have gotten while I was playing him.  He was reaching critical motive failure, and the ceremony wouldn't end.  I dropped it from his queue and sent him home to recover, but the rest of the town stayed in front of City Hall, cheering.  From that point on, people stopped going home altogether.  When they got off from work or school, they'd head straight to City Hall.  I could no longer complete Ghost Hunting assignments, because no one was home to be saved from ghosts.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
poi_boi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2010 June 15, 14:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had exactly the same thing happen with my level 10 ghost hunter after switching to a different household. I reset all the sims outside the town hall but they all slowly gather again after being reset.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #336 on: 2010 June 15, 16:22:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anything, at least it's an interesting glitch...the way it calls everyone it can, constantly and forever, is pretty interesting. I am pretty sure the game will spawn new NPCs to make up for any summoned by the ceremony, meaning if you let it keep going eventually there will be a hundred maids standing in that crowd, too. I know that my glitch lasted 3 or 4 days before I noticed it, but the maid came every day, and I did notice it was a different one each time.
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #337 on: 2010 June 15, 16:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anything, at least it's an interesting glitch...

It's sloppy coding and bad quality control. There is nothing remotely interesting in paying over $40CND for an EP only to find all sorts of bugs that should have been dealt with. Why are you always loving on EA anyway?

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: 2010 June 15, 16:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, all I said was that the glitch is interesting. The town behavior from it is interesting and it's funny to look at, the town desolate except for everyone mindlessly chanting in one area, plus the way it manages sims.

If it weren't for it breaking, it would be hard to tell that it's a function that calls any available sim, constantly pulsing- which to me is pretty interesting, because copying that behavior could make for some interesting mods, like one that summons all children when not in school to a certain lot, or one that turns sims with a certain trait into a functioning cult that goes and worships at a designated time, stuff like that.

I did not say "gosh golly gee willikers I sure wish EA would come and fuck me hard in the ass while I experience this glitch and cum all over the keyboard", its just interesting behavior to screw around with, and behavior we probably wouldn't have noticed without the glitch. Not justifying it, not praising it, just thinking it's interesting.
almostawesome
Blathering Buffoon

Swag out the max

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2010 June 15, 18:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not say "gosh golly gee willikers I sure wish EA would come and fuck me hard in the ass while I experience this glitch and cum all over the keyboard".
Quoted for future nefarious purposes.

poi_boi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2010 June 15, 18:43:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kind of fixed my award ceremony glitch. I backed up my saves then experimented a bit. If the sim getting the award dies and you then reset the other sims gathered they don't return to zerg the town hall. Killing one sim to save the neighbourhood was the only solution that's worked for me so far.

If you just let them keep going, after a while they get huge needs decay and as soon as an active sim enters the town hall lot all the gathered sims start to die of starvation. At one point poor grimmy had 17 dead bodies piled up to deal with and more dieing as he collected them.

For the force kill of the award sim and reset of all sims at once I used the NRaas Super Computer mod found here http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?board=105.0

I'm sure there must be a better fix out there though so I'll keep trying other things.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #341 on: 2010 June 15, 18:46:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Resetting the lot and the sims doesn't do a thing, they still come to the city hall in my experience. Only thing to do was pick up and re-place city hall to reset it entirely.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2010 June 15, 18:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kind of fixed my award ceremony glitch. I backed up my saves then experimented a bit. If the sim getting the award dies and you then reset the other sims gathered they don't return to zerg the town hall. Killing one sim to save the neighbourhood was the only solution that's worked for me so far.

If you just let them keep going, after a while they get huge needs decay and as soon as an active sim enters the town hall lot all the gathered sims start to die of starvation. At one point poor grimmy had 17 dead bodies piled up to deal with and more dieing as he collected them.

For the force kill of the award sim and reset of all sims at once I used the NRaas Super Computer mod found here http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?board=105.0

I'm sure there must be a better fix out there though so I'll keep trying other things.
I was hoping they'd die.  What is the point of having a giant creepy cult meeting if nobody drinks the kool-aid? 
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2010 June 15, 18:56:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Routine human sacrifices to prevent a zergpocalypse?

I like it!  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Jeeves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2010 June 16, 00:20:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking I may have to force this glitch and drop a meteor in the middle of the crowd.

Quote from: Asstear
6. Banned me from my own forum
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #345 on: 2010 June 16, 00:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell of a lot more fun of a way to reset a town than DestroyAllHumans. Maybe not as much as Discoinferno, though.
Jeeves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2010 June 16, 01:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had such high hopes for this. Triggering a meteor in the middle of the crowd makes it drop anywhere around the crowd. After thirteen meteor drops in Sunset Valley I managed to kill one sim and that was because he ran under the meteor to get away from it (still haven't figured that one out). I really wanted an army of orange ghosts; one just doesn't cut it.

Quote from: Asstear
6. Banned me from my own forum
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2010 June 16, 02:17:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't worry, there will be a "Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies" command soon enough.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
poi_boi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2010 June 16, 04:31:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Routine human sacrifices to prevent a zergpocalypse?

I like it!  Grin

It was kind of creepy seeing all the sims still cheering away and throwing confetti onto the tombstone of the sacrificed sim before I reset all sims.

And thanks Claeric for the pick up and replace the city hall idea. At least I know there is a way to do it and not kill sims when/if I get tired of the carnage. Mwahahahaha!

Noenmity
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2010 June 16, 07:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Ambitions broke my sims career histories!

Here's a short overview of what is going on....

First, I have Ambitions installed. Now, when I load my pre-Ambition saved games all my sims career histories are blank. For instance I have a sim I've been playing since last summer and he had many level ten careers in his history. They are all gone. I checked many sims in the town and all their career histories are also gone. I tried several pre-Ambition saved games and all of them are the same. The career histories are gone.

Now it gets a little complex. I had some pre-Ambition families in the library folder which had long career histories and when I put them in a new post-Ambitions town, all their career histories are intact.

Most of my pre-Ambitions saved towns were played with both awesome mod and story progression mod. I tried loading the pre-Ambition saved towns with and without those hacks and their career histories are still gone.

Since I cannot test any pre-Ambition saved games that were built without those hacks, I am wondering if someone who has any pre-Ambition saved towns, who also has Ambitions installed, who has sims with career histories and who built towns without those hacks can check and see if their sims still have their career histories or are they gone also?

I wonder if this is happening with all pre-Ambition saved towns or is it only happening with pre saved towns that used core mods.

The reason i want to know if its mod related is maybe the creators can fix that problem if its caused by their mods or perhaps they can fix it regardless of what the cause is. And if it is not mod related but Ambitions related, then perhaps EA can be made aware and will fix it in a patch.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: