More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 06:24:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Ambitions: What's borked
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ambitions: What's borked  (Read 260459 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
Re: Ambitions: What's borked
« Reply #25 on: 2010 June 02, 05:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have borked romantic socials.

"Marc thinks Selphie is being flirty."

Then it IMMEDIATELY jumps to "thinks Selphie is okay."

Sad
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2010 June 02, 05:35:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep getting freezes in buy mode, but only under the 'misc' category of decor. Game will freeze, blackout, and then need to be Xed out with the task manager. Have tried deleting a lot (And I mean TONS. Like over half of what I had) of my clutter to see if that fixes anything. So far it hasn't.

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 June 02, 06:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Confirmed that the library in Twinbrook does not have any skill books.

I thought EA said Laundry would be OPTIONAL only if you bought the washer and dryer. Seems like they want to make it mandatory. Previews even said it'd be optional, and they'd just get a positive moodlet from doing it. EA doesn't know how to code a fucking thing properly. Breaks every damn thing they can think of that works a specific way in a preview.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2010 June 02, 06:06:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard that it's the laundry basket that makes it optional. Delete them all if you have them.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2010 June 02, 06:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no laundry issues.

Cannot confirm at all if it is a glitch but Renovation clients keep saying "I cannot live in this squalor!" claiming I have to at least "give them enough to live with".

Spending all their budget? Nothing. As little as possible? Nothing. Adding extra junk they don't ask for? Nothing. I don't know what I am supposed to do.
vega_pleiades
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 June 02, 06:36:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Started up my game for the first time, and my family was corrupted.

Great job, EAxis!
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2010 June 02, 06:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they have all the basics needed to survive? Have you covered all the walls, and floors?

blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 June 02, 07:16:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Game goes completely silent after some time, like all options are on mute. System sound is normal, no mods. Anyone else experiences this?
Greyform
Dimwitted Dunce

Grey pride

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 June 02, 07:20:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Game goes completely silent after some time, like all options are on mute. System sound is normal, no mods. Anyone else experiences this?

I have, yes. It's happened before this EP too, but it seems more common now. The sound will occasionally come back, but it won't last for long before it goes silent again.
Sanati
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 June 02, 07:35:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My saves wont load, not sure what's up with that. I made a new game last night and played for a few hours without any problems. I can't load that game today, it just gets stuck at 99% and sits there playing music and cycling tips, waited 15 minutes while watching TV and it still didn't load. Started a new game on a tiny empty town and saved without building anything, then tried to load that and it took like 3 minutes  to get to 99% then got stuck again (normally a small empty town loads for me in like 2 seconds). No mods installed, and I already tried deleting the caches, so I'm assuming it's a bug and not my fault.

One other thing I noticed is one of my sims kept falling through the floor when working at the sculpting station. I had to move it to ground level to make that stop.

I thought EA said Laundry would be OPTIONAL only if you bought the washer and dryer. Seems like they want to make it mandatory. Previews even said it'd be optional, and they'd just get a positive moodlet from doing it. EA doesn't know how to code a fucking thing properly. Breaks every damn thing they can think of that works a specific way in a preview.

It is totally optional. I didn't buy any laundry related items and I have not seen any of the laundry related features other than the constant want to buy a laundry machine. Which is actually sort of annoying in itself, canceling that want every day only to have it pop up again later.

Edit: I found out what was causing my saves to stop loading. When I installed the EP I moved the mod framework over as usual, the resources.cfg and the mods folder, but I forgot to place d3dx9_31.dll in the EP2 bin folder. My custom content still worked but when I noticed that file was missing I moved it over last night before going to bed. It turns out placing d3dx9_31.dll in the EP2 bin folder is what caused my games to stop loading, I deleted that just now and everything is back to normal. Not sure what's up with that.
« Last Edit: 2010 June 02, 08:13:31 by Sanati » Logged
malexander
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 June 02, 11:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone having problem clicking on other sims? When i do it, nothing happens. Is there anything that i can do to solve the problem.

I'm a special type of breed.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 June 02, 11:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They seem to have absolutely trashed the camera. It's zoomed further in now, which just looks horrible and makes it impossible to get a good look at anything. I can't even look at a small lot in its entirety now.

Also, is it just me or are parts of the UI and some of the lighting really dark now?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 June 02, 11:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone having problem clicking on other sims? When i do it, nothing happens. Is there anything that i can do to solve the problem.

have you removed ALL mods and tried playing?  Have you also tried a vanilla game?  May be a conflict with an out of date mod.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
malexander
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 June 02, 12:15:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks so much. No i haven't taken all my mods out but i will try that now thanks again!!!!

I'm a special type of breed.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2010 June 02, 12:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I have experienced this too. But, it was not until I added my new Mods folder setup with all my Mods in AND after seeing that pop up showing me which Script Mods I had installed. I'm not certain if that screen is just recognizing that those are script mods and is notifying me or if it's saying that those particular script mods are conflicting with core game files.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 June 02, 13:38:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I have experienced this too. But, it was not until I added my new Mods folder setup with all my Mods in AND after seeing that pop up showing me which Script Mods I had installed. I'm not certain if that screen is just recognizing that those are script mods and is notifying me or if it's saying that those particular script mods are conflicting with core game files.
Probably the former.  TS2 did the same thing.  If a script mod conflicts, the game actually has a popup now that tells you a mod is out of date.  I had one mod that conflicts with Ambitions, Jonha's hack to remove the limit on the number of CAS sliders, and I got a popup whenever I tried to run the game.  The popup disappeared after I took that one mod out.

I haven't experimented with the new Mods folder yet.  I hate to change anything that works as is, you know?

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2010 June 02, 14:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've added the new Mods folder although I haven't added any custom furniture or hairstyles to my actual Sims yet; I chose a pre-made in the new town. But I do know it's working because my Mods were at least showing that they were broken (game recognizes the new setup). Hacks are really what's screwed. I fixed my problem with not being able to click on other Sims, by just removing the hacks that I have even though they didn't interfere with the core files (no in-game messages of conflicts). Once I removed the hacks, the one new save I have would not open. I forget the message but you can only click a check mark which takes you back to the main menu. So, I cleared my caches, removed only my hacks and kept my other CC (Clothing, Cars, Genetics) and restarted the game. I can open that save and click on Sims. BUT, their relationships with other people are all gone; they only know each other and their bosses.

EDIT: Sorry, all relationships have gone capput, not just friends but husband and wife are now strangers.

I don't think I'll be playing anymore for the time being. I know it's still pretty early to tell but, I wonder if it's just game modifying behavior that conflicts, like Twallan's mods, Book of Knowledge, gardening mods and such because everything else works. What hope do we have that AM will eventually work?
« Last Edit: 2010 June 02, 15:03:20 by Sparks » Logged

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 June 02, 14:57:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sometimes when I talk to the cashier at the consignment shop it doesn't bring up the buy menu.  It doesn't matter if I select buy when talking to her or if I select buy on the cash register itself.

Only thing I've really noticed so far.

Edit:  I've missed a few opportunities as the fire fighter because I didn't get notified that there was a fire.  I'm not sure if that is the game being borked or if it is because I am unobservant though.
BriarRosethorn
Asinine Airhead

Don't you type at me in that tone of voice!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010 June 02, 14:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, all these problems make me a little wary to install the game. Still, there are many people who claim to have no issues at all. I've already set up my game to install Ambitions once my torrent finally finishes. I've moved my entire Mods folder to my desktop so the game is 100% vanilla. I don't use custom music, so there's no need to remove it.

I do hope that solves any problems for when I do install Ambitions. I often find that a lot of problems with installing new patches or expansions could have easily been avoided by removing the entire Mods folder, first, and running the game vanilla before putting the Mods folder back in.

KING LOUIS: I'm the King of France!
THE DOCTOR: Yeah? Well, I'm the Lord of Time.
The Doctor. More awesome than the King of France.
Sparks
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2010 June 02, 15:05:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm, all these problems make me a little wary to install the game. Still, there are many people who claim to have no issues at all. I've already set up my game to install Ambitions once my torrent finally finishes. I've moved my entire Mods folder to my desktop so the game is 100% vanilla. I don't use custom music, so there's no need to remove it.

I do hope that solves any problems for when I do install Ambitions. I often find that a lot of problems with installing new patches or expansions could have easily been avoided by removing the entire Mods folder, first, and running the game vanilla before putting the Mods folder back in.

I ran my game vanilla for the first 4 Sim days just to see if there were any outright conflicts. And for the most part, there weren't any. As soon as I added hack type mods that change game behaviour, the problems started. EA tampering with hack type mods? Looks like it.

I Can Haz Portal 2?!
BriarRosethorn
Asinine Airhead

Don't you type at me in that tone of voice!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010 June 02, 15:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I ran my game vanilla for the first 4 Sim days just to see if there were any outright conflicts. And for the most part, there weren't any. As soon as I added hack type mods that change game behaviour, the problems started. EA tampering with hack type mods? Looks like it.

I wouldn't put it past EA to pull a dirty stunt like that. They don't seem to realize that tampering with mods is only hurting them, as the majority of players wouldn't purchase the game if they couldn't use custom content or hacks, myself included. They don't seem to understand the concept of getting more bees with honey than with vinegar.

KING LOUIS: I'm the King of France!
THE DOCTOR: Yeah? Well, I'm the Lord of Time.
The Doctor. More awesome than the King of France.
MechanicalPen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010 June 02, 15:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As soon as I added hack type mods that change game behaviour, the problems started. EA tampering with hack type mods? Looks like it.
Please. Ambitions is an expansion pack. It changes game behaviors, so of course your hacks aren't going to work if they change game behavior too. It wasn't done maliciously but it was necessary if the expansion is going to do more than add clothes and furniture. Just wait for your hacks to be updated.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: 2010 June 02, 15:53:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pst...this is a bit of a secret, but EXPANSION PACKS VIOLENTLY ALTER CORE FILES WHICH TELL TEH GAME HOW TO RUN.

Meaning modified versions of these files aren't going to work.

EA is not a vampire swooping down on you to rape you and turn you into a werewolf obessed with buying stuff from the store.

Also, my romantic socials issue is a mod problem, apparently. Odd since I don't...have any mods installed.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010 June 02, 16:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not having skilling books in the Library is strange but easily fixed.  I just added them with more seating.  It works fine, just an inconvenience.  My Consignment shop doesn't have an NPC to man it.  I haven't tryed to fix it.  Maybe if the register is deleted and replaced (if that is possible yet?). 
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010 June 02, 16:24:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What Claeric said.  I know a few months ago is a very, very long time to some, but you might recall the same thing happens every time a new installment (or sometimes even just a patch) comes out.  Most core mods will tell you they are only compatible with certain game versions.  This is not flavor text, it is valuable information for the well-being of your game.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: