More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 15:02:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Trouble updating from 1.2.7
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Trouble updating from 1.2.7  (Read 8098 times)
rocki-i
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Trouble updating from 1.2.7
« on: 2010 June 01, 16:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I'm just gonna admit it, I don't really know what I'm doing.

I have the base game, and tried to get awesomemod to work. The problem is probably because I'm using the 1.2.7 version rather than the 1.11.7, in fact that's almost definitely the reason it's not working.
So, I downloaded the 1.11.7 patch, and installed that. Then it came up with an error "Error invalid file found" So I then searched around a bit, and found that the code_version.txt was the invalid file, so I downloaded the text file from a disk, and it still didn't work.
I then did some more searching, and ended up trying to change the zone code in the SKU file to modify my reloaded version to a retail version. So I went into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE and then I was supposed to find the "Sims" folder, but there isn't one. Just goes straight from "Registered Applications" to "SoftThinks" and now I'm not really sure what to do, every topic I look at is telling me to modify the SKU file, which I can't seem to find.

Can someone tell me where I've gone wrong.
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Trouble updating from 1.2.7
« Reply #1 on: 2010 June 01, 21:45:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or do it the long way and install all the patches in order.
rocki-i
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 June 01, 22:03:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or do it the long way and install all the patches in order.
Same error message comes up.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 June 01, 22:09:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have a dodgy file. There is a log in your user/app data/local/temp folder which tells you what file it is, however most the time it means reinstalling that particular game.

dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 June 01, 23:11:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's one of several things, and it's hard to tell which, because the "You have a dodgy file" error message can mean many different things.

1. Check that the patch you have downloaded is the right one. Check both the version number and the region number, both on the patch file itself and in skuversion.txt, which is found in Game/Bin/. (The region number is several zeroes plus a number 1-5. For my installation it's "00002" which I think is the US installation.)

2. If both those match and it still doesn't work, check the log Anach mentions. It will tell you exactly which file it's complaining about, and you will probably be able to pull that particular file directly from the CD and replace the borked one and get it to work. (If the file it's complaining about is something like the helpfiles, it's very likely to be a region mismatch.)

3. Failing either of these, if you can't make the patches work yourself you can try updating through the launcher, as it will sort out any version or region mismatch errors for you.

rocki-i
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 June 02, 09:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's one of several things, and it's hard to tell which, because the "You have a dodgy file" error message can mean many different things.

1. Check that the patch you have downloaded is the right one. Check both the version number and the region number, both on the patch file itself and in skuversion.txt, which is found in Game/Bin/. (The region number is several zeroes plus a number 1-5. For my installation it's "00002" which I think is the US installation.)

2. If both those match and it still doesn't work, check the log Anach mentions. It will tell you exactly which file it's complaining about, and you will probably be able to pull that particular file directly from the CD and replace the borked one and get it to work. (If the file it's complaining about is something like the helpfiles, it's very likely to be a region mismatch.)

3. Failing either of these, if you can't make the patches work yourself you can try updating through the launcher, as it will sort out any version or region mismatch errors for you.

Okay, so I completely reinstalled the game, that went fine.
Then I updated to 1.0.631.00002 fine. I then went into the game launcher and tried to update from that to 1.12.7, it got to about 90-95% then got an "Update error: invalid file found"
Then I tried to update from 1.0.631.00002 to 1.2.7.0002 and that found an invalid file too.
So I checked the log, and it said there was a problem with the sku file. So I checked that:

"GameVersion = 1.0.632.00002
Code:0.DL-0.0.11195
Asset:1.Content.Devtest.1397
Thumbnails:1.Thumbnail.dl.933
TCC:1.TCC.dl.1209
CiderVersion#002432"  Which is what I thought it was supposed to say. game version is 00002 and I'm using the 00002 patches, unless there's another problem with the file?
benhaider
Tasty Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 June 02, 11:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

try to reinstall from 0 after removing every file from directory...

Okay, I'm just gonna admit it, I don't really know what I'm doing.

I have the base game, and tried to get awesomemod to work. The problem is probably because I'm using the 1.2.7 version rather than the 1.11.7, in fact that's almost definitely the reason it's not working.
So, I downloaded the 1.11.7 patch, and installed that. Then it came up with an error "Error invalid file found" So I then searched around a bit, and found that the code_version.txt was the invalid file, so I downloaded the text file from a disk, and it still didn't work.
I then did some more searching, and ended up trying to change the zone code in the SKU file to modify my reloaded version to a retail version. So I went into HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE and then I was supposed to find the "Sims" folder, but there isn't one. Just goes straight from "Registered Applications" to "SoftThinks" and now I'm not really sure what to do, every topic I look at is telling me to modify the SKU file, which I can't seem to find.

Can someone tell me where I've gone wrong.

GameBeBorked
Banned!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 June 02, 11:41:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always install EADM and let the launcher do its thing, then uninstall and purge your system. It worked for me when individual patch installers wouldn't, and I'm still spyware free.
rocki-i
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 June 02, 11:47:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

try to reinstall from 0 after removing every file from directory...

Yup, I've reinstalled the whole thing, same problem

You could always install EADM and let the launcher do its thing, then uninstall and purge your system. It worked for me when individual patch installers wouldn't, and I'm still spyware free.

Tried that, it didn't work, it still found invalid files  Sad
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 June 02, 12:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tampered with the original executable?

- INTJ -
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 June 02, 12:02:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using a pirated version with a no CD .exe?  if so, that is your problem.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
rocki-i
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 June 02, 12:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you using a pirated version with a no CD .exe?  if so, that is your problem.
Yup, but I've just reinstalled, and haven't put the no cd file in yet, and it's still not working

Have you tampered with the original executable?
Not that I'm aware of, but I've reinstalled, so that shouldn't be a problem anyway, right?
olienka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 June 07, 08:52:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that's really your game version, then that's the immediate problem to solve. Post-installation should be 631, and you can patch up directly from there. There is a very, very old 631 --> 632 patch, but it's a dead end. Using it completely fucks up the patch sequence.
rocki-i
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 June 07, 10:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that's really your game version, then that's the immediate problem to solve. Post-installation should be 631, and you can patch up directly from there. There is a very, very old 631 --> 632 patch, but it's a dead end. Using it completely fucks up the patch sequence.

Well it updated from that right after installation.
I've fixed it now though, just reinstalled and changed from UK to USA. Everything works perfectly now, ambitions installed and awesome mod running on it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: