More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:46:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Stupid pink heart moodlet
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stupid pink heart moodlet  (Read 10635 times)
HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Stupid pink heart moodlet
« on: 2010 April 21, 05:08:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pink-hearted "first lurve" moodlet shows a two-day time period when it first appears on my teens. However, I'm pretty sure I've never seen it actually last two days. I thought I was imagining it, but yesterday I double-checked. My 12 confessed his lust to an ugly girl on Friday night, and sometime Saturday afternoon he was pink-heartless. This is very annoying, and I can't imagine what he might have done to piss of Michael Bachelor's uglyface granddaughter that much. It's not like he flirted with anyone else  or anything.

My other long-term moodlets have never suddenly disappeared. Death, ambrosia, LTW and spa moodlets count down as normal. It's only the first love that vanishes when I'm looking the other way.
Erry
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Stupid pink heart moodlet
« Reply #1 on: 2010 April 22, 17:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it's supposed to go away, at least when I recall, that moodlet is called 'My Love' and only shows when your lover is close or in the same room.

"I go to his page and I see 'Hot Lesbians' as a tab... keep your sex life to yourself, bitch."
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 April 22, 19:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, the moodlet HazelEyes is referring to isn't "My Love." It's a moodlet that sims get when they start a romantic relationship. I have noticed, too, that it randomly disappears before it is supposed to expire.
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 22, 20:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've also seen the "first kiss" one disappear before it should, but I might be wrong on that one.  "First Love" always disappears before it should.  Stupid thing.

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 April 22, 21:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if how you have your Sims life span set has anything to do with this.  I play on ‘Epic'.  I haven't noticed any disappearing early, but I will certainly pay more attention now.   
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 April 23, 06:24:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play on epic, too, and it has always disappeared before its time, while the First Kiss moodlet stuck until the end. Actually, just a few days before this post I had a first love and decided to watch it more closely because of this. It lasted approximately one day, while, however, always displaying the 2 day countdown indicator (or whatever this should be called) remaining stuck at 2 days. I also moved the loved one in to see whether this does anything. He had the first kiss moodlet but no first love at all, the lover had both until the love moodlet suddenly went poof. Some time before that in another case of first love I re-added the moodlet via the debuginteractions just to watch it go before its time, too. Well, not really watch because just like the magic gnome it vanishes when you do not watch.

I now look at it as a weird attempt at divine justice, because there are so many other moodlets that remain stuck long beyond their countdown time: enjoying music, the 15-minute meditative focus, and for NPCs the smelly sock thing.
« Last Edit: 2010 April 23, 06:36:53 by vorpal » Logged
squeam
Tasty Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2010 April 24, 08:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw this in the description for Ani's drinking mod on MTS:

"Please note that the game shows the remaining moodlet time as hours only for the first 24h, so if your hangover time is 25h, the moodlet will read 2 days. The game how-ever knows it's not two full days, but 25h."

Is it possible the moodlet is lasting something more like 25 hours, while showing 2 days?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 April 24, 09:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could probably hack it in AwesomeMod so that values like these are displayed at improved precision, so instead of "2 days" it will show "46h" and instead of "2 hours" it would display as "110m" instead.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 April 24, 12:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could probably hack it in AwesomeMod so that values like these are displayed at improved precision, so instead of "2 days" it will show "46h" and instead of "2 hours" it would display as "110m" instead.

It will be nice in the game.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 April 27, 18:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The first love moodlet was gone after four hours in my game last night. So, I don't think it is a minutes versus hours thing.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 April 27, 21:16:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually find that it disapears if I change Sim, and always if I change household. Mind you food is fresher in the fridge for longer if you change household, so I suspect time is mutable. Who'd a thunk that EA subscriped to the 'depends on where you're standing' school of Relativity?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
HazelEyes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 April 29, 12:10:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't that the same as the "screw debugging, let's get coffee" school of thought?
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 April 29, 17:01:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't changed Sim or household. Guy went out to the park, romanced a girl, went home. and in the midst of gardening, about four hours later, the moodlet was gone.  First kiss was still there, but the love was gone, baby, all gone.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 April 30, 06:49:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't changed Sim or household. Guy went out to the park, romanced a girl, went home. and in the midst of gardening, about four hours later, the moodlet was gone.  First kiss was still there, but the love was gone, baby, all gone.

I haven't paid much attention to it, but I wonder if being separated is causing it to drop out early.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 May 03, 19:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I usually marry them off pretty quick so that they can get down to breeding, but the moodlet just seems random. Sometimes it lasts and sometimes it doesn't. Don't know why.
airilina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 May 03, 19:57:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never paid attention to this before, but after seeing this thread I started watching for it.  This moodlet stuck around for four out of four sims.  I'll keep watching, but it could be that the moodlet goes away one you progress to another stage (e.g. engagement).
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 May 04, 07:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I tested it again. This time it lasted for almost exactly 18 hours, from 16:47 until about 11:00 am. The moodlet disappeared while the Sim in question was active and at home, she had not advanced in that relationship since then and the first kiss moodlet still showed 6 hours left before expiration. It might be a coincidence but the moodlet vanished at the very moment when she rolled a wish to "talk about self" with a tourist Sim, who must have entered the game at that time. When I saw the moodlet go it still said 2 days, by the way.
During these 18 hours I had switched to other household members (two) twice or three times in order to fill their action queues, but apart from that my eyes were fixed onto that moodlet.
Her Charisma level is 10, she has the celebrity and super-friendly status and the "attractive" (or whatever it is called in English) LTR, so that whenever she encounters a new Sim she'll have the "new friend" moodlet. Now, when I come to think about it, this might be another thing to watch for next time, whether the heart moodlet is kind of replaced with another one that is related to social matters.
But to be honest, this is the least of my problems, though. I'd readily give away all heart moodlets if only my custom meshes did show up reliably again and if I knew how to change in-game text on a Mac (they did translate "tranquil transference" with the German word for "sleeping pill", something that gives me a Claeric moment every time I use it).
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 May 04, 21:48:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Her Charisma level is 10, she has the celebrity and super-friendly status and the "attractive" (or whatever it is called in English) LTR, so that whenever she encounters a new Sim she'll have the "new friend" moodlet. Now, when I come to think about it, this might be another thing to watch for next time, whether the heart moodlet is kind of replaced with another one that is related to social matters.

You may be onto something here. The last time this happened to me, the sim who lost the moodlet was the only one who left the house and interacted with other sims that day. She went to the park and played for tips, and picked up a couple of friends that way.
friendlyquark
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2010 May 06, 19:50:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the German translation error. "Sleeping Pill"? Oh lovely! LOL

My Sim was home gardening and made no new friends when the moodlet disappeared. I am only concerned about this at all because any anomaly strikes me poorly when I have been having so many other fun issues with the game. I have had "bad" saves a few times now and had to reload to previous saves (lost a couple of kids that way). So when something seems borked I pay attention since it seems an indicator of an underlying instability... and because EA just sucks and I don't trust them.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: