More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 19:50:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  No Cd not working
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Cd not working  (Read 4922 times)
windandsummer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
No Cd not working
« on: 2010 April 19, 04:25:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I'm using awesomemod I have the no cd check enabled and Im not using the launcher I made a ts3.exe shortcut on my desktop. The game will load but when it gets to the neighborhood section it tells me it cant find my cd. What am I doing wrong? Am I doing something wrong. I want to install adventures but me and my girlfriend only have one copy of the disk, I wanted to make sure this worked first.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: No Cd not working
« Reply #1 on: 2010 April 19, 04:40:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check that everything is installed properly.  Try "showconfig" and check that AM is actually installed and working, then check the "DisableCDCheck" option, make sure it is enabled, as it does work, and is working.  Also, try starting the game directly from the .exe file rather than the shortcut in case you fucked up the shortcut somehow.

This has been addressed several times before, it isn't fucking hard.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
windandsummer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 April 19, 04:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've done all of the above I've also read all of the form comments on this. I wouldn't have posted if I thought it was something that had be previously address.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 19, 04:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We can't see your system or what you have or haven't done.  It does work, and is working, so if it isn't working for you, then it is something YOU have or haven't done.  If the "disableCDcheck" is enabled in the config, and AM is running right, and you still get the Can't find CD error, then you are doing something wrong.

Go back and double/triple check everything, because it is something you have or haven't done.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Azureale
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 April 19, 06:31:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you install Framework and d3dx9_31.dll ? Did you patch your game ?
When you type "showconfig" what build of AM is writen on page 1, and on page 3 is DisableCDCheck on True ?
Freezerburn
Dimwitted Dunce

I haet F-ly retarded snowflaek

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 April 19, 14:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you install Framework and d3dx9_31.dll ? Did you patch your game ?
When you type "showconfig" what build of AM is writen on page 1, and on page 3 is DisableCDCheck on True ?

Or you can just run Delphy's TS3 Dashboard and it tells you whether you installed framework properly or not. The no cd check worked fine for me tho'.

ISTJ                       
Imma Ee Ass Elle
Don't Abuse The Search Box!
windandsummer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 April 19, 20:13:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the suggestions. I got the framework fixed and updated however it seems like awesome mod isn't running at all. I have refreshed my config, reinstalled cleared out all old copies of awesome mod, made a new one. I use helper monkey, I made sure all my software is up to date, and I took out all my other mods and hacks and tried to run it, yet every time I do this it wont let me put in showconfig it just says unknown command. I have typed it a ton of different ways, checked the config setup of my awesome mod at least 20 times to make sure everything needed is enabled and still nothing. Dashboard cleaned up my game, and their is no mod conflicts. I'm not really sure what to do at this point.

Also I wanted to note that when I type in help it just come up with base game commands.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 April 19, 20:20:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Again, search. This has been asked and answered several times before. Hint: You might want to check the forum section actually dedicated to awesomemod.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
windandsummer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 April 19, 20:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I'll admit I'm an idiot. I had searched the forms before but nothing came up, going page to page I found my problem. Thanks for help and suggestions. (Scurries back under rock)
DMDye
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 April 20, 02:32:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can start the game and then remove the CD/DVD from the drive - it has been that way since Sims 1, if memory serves .
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: