More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 02:10:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.11/2.6/3.2
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.11/2.6/3.2  (Read 46219 times)
dawnp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.11/2.6/3.2
« Reply #50 on: 2010 April 14, 20:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No.  I just copied everything from my documents/electronic arts/the sims 3,  but I didn't have the new patch on my laptop.
That's the only different thing that my game would've had.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2010 April 18, 22:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would this stop CAW from patching?

TS3 v1.11.7.5002
WA v2.6.11.5002
HELS v3.2.8.5001
dawnp
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010 April 21, 15:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got those patches but I don't have CAW.
Jennel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010 April 28, 17:31:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I uploaded my game to 1.11/2.6/3.2, the launcher won't install TSR files...
It says files are succesfully installed but there isn't the icon showing that they're installed ... :s

What could I do to prevent this ?
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010 April 28, 19:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stop downloading from TSR?

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Jennel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010 April 28, 21:52:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emm... What I'd like is an aswer which could help me to have TSR files I paid in my game... Roll Eyes
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010 April 28, 22:12:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emm... What I'd like is an aswer which could help me to have TSR files I paid in my game... Roll Eyes

You actually paid for that shit? Go ask them.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010 April 28, 22:17:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado is the arch-nemesis of TSR, do you REALLY think you're going to find your answer here?

Another thing, PMBD is your friend.
woopa
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010 May 01, 17:23:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've installed the patch for the game, but when I try to install the patch for CAW I get a "Update Error: File not found" message. Anyone experiencing this?

Update: OK found the solution. If you get this error just uninstall the CAW Tool and reinstall it, then the patch will work. BUT BEFORE you do that, make sure you back up any world files that you have and\or are working on.

Well now I'm experiencing this, but I never had the CAW Tool installed. It would be nice if the damn thing could say what file is not found!
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010 May 22, 19:23:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I've never experienced this particular set of bugs before patch 1.11, I thought it was better to post here than to start my own thread.

Somewhere in one of my recent saves of a game that I've somehow managed to keep going for over six Sim months, it stopped notifying me an hour ahead of carpools and school buses.  I have read about problems with work/school pushing, and that is not a problem in my game -- once the bus or car comes, my Sims get pushed to work or school just fine, and stay there like they're supposed to.  It is more of a nuisance than a problem, but whenever I see any kind of consistent bug, I take notice.

I know it isn't a problem with my CC, since I started a new game and the notifications are coming up just fine.  In the other game, I've tried resetSim on all my Sims, the AwesomeMod "fixall" command (I still am not running the AwesomeMod but I do turn the most recent version on from time to time in order to enter that command), and anything that looked remotely useful in the NRaasian Supercomputer, to no avail.

I suspect that this game is just getting long in the tooth and it's time to pitch it before it reaches full-blown BFBVFS status, and in fact I'm shocked I managed to keep it going this long.  It could partly have to do with my style of play, which involves constantly moving Sims in and out of my One Fambly and arranging marriages with the Supercomputer, pollinating Sims at will with Buzzler's mirror, and thus keeping some control remotely over the entire population without ever leaving my One Fambly.  I have also noticed other symptoms that come up whenever I enter "fixall," which I suspect may be because of the patch as most of them I've never seen before.

1.  Whenever I run "fixall," it tells me that every Sim that has ever died has the incorrect dead/alive type.  Apparently they also take on the wrong married status, which the AwesomeMod then also fixes.  I'm guessing that these values then revert when I uninstall the AwesomeMod, which would explain why they then have to be reset again at the next "fixall."  Still, can it really be that in the base game with an unmodded story mode, no Sim ever dies properly anymore?

2.  Speaking of Sims not dying, I occasionally have to go through the population using the Supercomputer, and kill off a bunch of Sims that are really supposed to be dead, as they are well over the normal life span in age, yet somehow still alive.  Often their thumbnails show them as being in some life stage other than elder.  They are never Sims that I have played, nor any relative of theirs.  My guess is that they are former NPC Sims, that for some reason refuse to die like they're supposed to.

In spite of these persistent bugs, I have somehow managed to get all other bugs to go away somehow, until this new one with the buses and carpools.  So if anyone with knowledge of how those work can increase my learnings, and/or suggest a fix, I will be sure to respond appropriately with "thanks, this is grate."  Smiley  If not, it's no big deal as I really just wanted to see how long I could keep one game going -- and it might be that I've answered that question.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010 May 22, 21:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I uploaded my game to 1.11/2.6/3.2, the launcher won't install TSR files...
It says files are succesfully installed but there isn't the icon showing that they're installed ... :s

What could I do to prevent this ?

"Search" is your friend, too.  "The launcher won't install items after x patch" has been done to death on this site, and there are multiple solutions.  THERE ARE ANSWERS.  LOOK FOR THEM.

Jesus wept.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010 May 22, 23:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are not supposed to uninstall Awesomemod once the game has been run with it. That has probably caused the majority of your repetitive bugs.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
jwaas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2010 May 23, 01:48:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That totally makes sense and I should have thought of that.  I forgot about the Forever Will It Rule Your (Sims') Destiny thing.

On another note, I just looked it up and it seems the next L&P EP comes out in a bit more than a week.  I am hoping that this means we won't be surprised with another patch before then....
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010 May 23, 06:51:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That totally makes sense and I should have thought of that.  I forgot about the Forever Will It Rule Your (Sims') Destiny thing.

On another note, I just looked it up and it seems the next L&P EP comes out in a bit more than a week.  I am hoping that this means we won't be surprised with another patch before then....

There will be... Every EP/SP has been accompanied with a patch so far. Why would EA change it now?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010 May 23, 13:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell, the EP is still L&P, and will be until Pescado gets a hold of it.

I expect a patch to appear a few days before the release date, then the game will probably change everything again, then the patch a couple of weeks after that in an attempt to fix everything they bork.  In the meantime Pescado will be busy altering AM to work with the patches and EP, then to fix everything EAxis bork.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Roobs
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010 May 23, 18:45:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. I wouldn't be surprised if the new Edit Town features in the next patch cause vanishing lots again.
rum nate
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010 May 23, 19:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At the fan events for the L&P, EA said the patch will be out June 1st, the same way it was with World Adventures. If the same thing happens this time as with last, there will be a second patch out that same week.
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 May 25, 10:47:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the same thing happens this time as with last, there will be a second patch out that same week.

That was both funny (EA's stupidity) and annoying (Fixing all the problems).
Vylaina
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010 May 27, 07:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently gathered my courage and turned my attention back to the Sims. I deleted all my mods, went to simprograms and installed the 2.3 - 2.4 mod (region .002). That went fine, and since I'm running Vista Home Premium, EADM decided to work again.  Smiley So I downloaded the two patches available, the CAW one and the update to 2.6.11.005002.
And now my game won't work at all. I'd abandoned it in the first place because of the 'blue lot syndrome', and the fact that I had no internet at the time and couldn't fix it. But now, whenever I try to boot it up, an error message says,
"Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Please update your game via the game launcher."
Of course, there are no more updates in the launcher. When I first got the WA expansion - which is the only one I have - I had to hack into the SKU in regedit to allow it to play. I've checked, and the SKUs on both the base and expansion are 2.
Help? This is driving me mad!

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. - Louis Hector Berlioz
ElectricSimmer
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010 May 27, 09:01:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I recently gathered my courage and turned my attention back to the Sims. I deleted all my mods, went to simprograms and installed the 2.3 - 2.4 mod (region .002). That went fine, and since I'm running Vista Home Premium, EADM decided to work again.  Smiley So I downloaded the two patches available, the CAW one and the update to 2.6.11.005002.
And now my game won't work at all. I'd abandoned it in the first place because of the 'blue lot syndrome', and the fact that I had no internet at the time and couldn't fix it. But now, whenever I try to boot it up, an error message says,
"Your The Sims 3 Base Game is incompatible with the current Sims 3 Expansion Pack. Please update your game via the game launcher."
Of course, there are no more updates in the launcher. When I first got the WA expansion - which is the only one I have - I had to hack into the SKU in regedit to allow it to play. I've checked, and the SKUs on both the base and expansion are 2.
Help? This is driving me mad!

Try running The Sims 3 Basegame launcher. It's silly but that is what fixed the same problem for me ages ago. If you DID use the basegame launcher to update the game, try the World Adventures launcher instead.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: