More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 10:13:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 7 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1475203 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1025 on: 2012 December 29, 18:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It takes about an in-game day or two for the system go to into effect, so if you're loading up and immediately testing, the aliens haven't received their ship yet.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: 2012 December 31, 04:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The alchemy books will disappear after reading them once, so they are not subject to AwesomeMod's rules.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: 2012 December 31, 04:53:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Magic books are magic.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: 2012 December 31, 05:27:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When a fire is extinguished on an active sims lot, they will automatically get 300k + value of destroyed objects.
PolecatEZ
Blathering Buffoon

Necatur Americanus - and I vote!

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: 2013 January 01, 01:54:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Noted: Will fix, restricted indicator traits should not be appearing in the pool.

You fixed it all right...Personality Adjuster potions, both normal and potent versions, no longer have any effect.  When ordered to drink or throw at another sim, the target just does a little jump-bug thing and nothing happens.  No potion gets used up and no traits get changed.  I haven't been able to test "reverse personality" yet, though I don't think that would be affected, as the traits aren't randomly drawn in that case.  All other potions still work just fine.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: 2013 January 02, 19:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It takes about an in-game day or two for the system go to into effect, so if you're loading up and immediately testing, the aliens haven't received their ship yet.

I have played one save about 3 sim days hoping for my aliens to get their UFOs, but it appears they haven't.  I even tried using debug interactions to force an alien visitation, bought the alien a UFO and put it into his inventory, which he promptly used to leave the lot...and the aliens still have no UFOs in their inventories.  Edit: To clarify, the alien that I bought the UFO looks to have lost it somehow in the intervening days.
« Last Edit: 2013 January 02, 23:00:30 by PA » Logged
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1031 on: 2013 January 02, 20:48:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I played for over a Sim-week now after installing the latest release.
I have also played different neighborhoods but my Sims still don't get abducted and just now I have seen an alien leaving a lot with a taxi again.

Greetings,
Cyron
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: 2013 January 03, 00:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm, now that is peculiar. Where do the aliens go when they leave? Do a "siminfo" on that alien. It's possible that they're losing ther inventories on deinstantiation if they happen to have been stationed offworld. I'll investigate the issue more closely.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: 2013 January 03, 02:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure how to do that; if it is the "Who Am I?" interaction, this is what the alien shows when he is in-world:

I don't know how to do anything similar to a sim that is only accessible via relationship panel.

In the relationships panel, the alien has the same greyed out look that sims from Foreignia do and when I invited him over to get his stats, he appeared at the ass-end of the map, same place adult sims do when a "free vacation" goes haywire.
Mooingloudly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: 2013 January 03, 07:25:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried giving the aliens a ship using Master Controller and Buy debug.  They appear to be keeping the ship now and no new aliens have spawned. But I haven't seen any abductions at this point.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: 2013 January 03, 15:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Issues with Alien UFO should be fixed now.

You fixed it all right...Personality Adjuster potions, both normal and potent versions, no longer have any effect.  When ordered to drink or throw at another sim, the target just does a little jump-bug thing and nothing happens.  No potion gets used up and no traits get changed.  I haven't been able to test "reverse personality" yet, though I don't think that would be affected, as the traits aren't randomly drawn in that case.  All other potions still work just fine.
Fixed.

When a fire is extinguished on an active sims lot, they will automatically get 300k + value of destroyed objects.
That's strange. Because there's no reason why they'd get ANY money, at least not for any reason I put in, so it seems unrelated to AwesomeMod. Does it say anything?

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: 2013 January 03, 23:22:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alien abductions work now!
Thanks J.M. Smiley

Brilliant, not to speak ill of NRAAS Industries, but I was definately getting withdrawal symptoms for expertMode, roboticHandOfGod and manualNavigation (to start with).

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: 2013 January 04, 02:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When using MC and instructing a Sim to do Random Crap, it sometimes gets stuck in a loop of "Bathe Pet..." (at least when there are multiple available pets) and "Contemplate Surroundings."
« Last Edit: 2013 January 07, 00:13:13 by SJActress » Logged

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: 2013 January 09, 01:29:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given that "random crap" means "Let the EA autonomy engine pick after all vitals are taken care of", it's not surprising that the random crap chosen is incredibly frivolous and stupid, since at that point the sim literally has nothing it needs doing.

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: 2013 January 10, 04:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given that "random crap" means "Let the EA autonomy engine pick after all vitals are taken care of", it's not surprising that the random crap chosen is incredibly frivolous and stupid, since at that point the sim literally has nothing it needs doing.

I agree that they are frivolous and stupid actions and nothing needs doing. However, to clarify, I didn't mean that they endlessly "Contemplate Surroundings," I meant that they endlessly try to "Contemplate Surroundings" and the queue keeps dropping and popping itself back up. In order to get them out of it, I have to give them some other meaningless chore.

You may have understood it that way anyway; I don't know. I won't whinge about it further, either way.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Thepumpula
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: 2013 January 13, 18:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,
I have used Am for quite a long time now.. oh.. and love it.. I use sims 2 style aging, and lately  have noticed that even though it is definately on (have been checking and double checking) my sims in unactive households have started to age and grow up.. any idea what is going on.. i donīt have any other hacks exept nraas woohooer.. and so far these two has worked just fine together.. I have all the expansion up to generations, and yes have patched my game and the awesomemod version is the one i should have.. Help??
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1041 on: 2013 January 13, 22:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,
I have used Am for quite a long time now.. oh.. and love it.. I use sims 2 style aging, and lately  have noticed that even though it is definately on (have been checking and double checking) my sims in unactive households have started to age and grow up.. any idea what is going on.. i donīt have any other hacks exept nraas woohooer.. and so far these two has worked just fine together.. I have all the expansion up to generations, and yes have patched my game and the awesomemod version is the one i should have.. Help??
Others have mentioned some oddness with TS2 style aging at the moment, you may be better off just switching aging off in the mean time.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: 2013 January 14, 09:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am investigating the aging issue, but examining the code reveals no particular reason why this happens, other than perhaps your game having a backlog of aging that it was slowly working through before you turned it on. The cutoff seems quite clear, unless something is now suddenly managing to bypass it. Can you directly observe the aging? Does it happen with only specific ages, such as elders dying, or is it acting as if the setting is being ignored?

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: 2013 January 14, 11:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I moved a couple of cowboys into the Bedlington's place, but even though there were enough bedrooms, and I named all the lot's text fields 'Bedlington', awesomemod insisted on moving them repeatedly to a small starter home, along with their horses.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Thepumpula
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: 2013 January 20, 14:36:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am investigating the aging issue, but examining the code reveals no particular reason why this happens, other than perhaps your game having a backlog of aging that it was slowly working through before you turned it on. The cutoff seems quite clear, unless something is now suddenly managing to bypass it. Can you directly observe the aging? Does it happen with only specific ages, such as elders dying, or is it acting as if the setting is being ignored?

So far has aged babies to toddlers, toddlers to children and children to teenagers..
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: 2013 January 21, 21:06:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far has aged babies to toddlers, toddlers to children and children to teenagers..

When you switch families, do you know what their age was?  If you switched on the day they were due to age up, I believe the queued aging action, which you can't see, will still cause the sim to age at the end of the day, even with TS2 aging, or if you suddenly turn aging off, and you change active households.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
AnnaM
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: 2013 February 01, 23:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have enabled TS2-style aging a couple of (RL) days ago because I wanted to try a different playing style, and I have noticed that at least 2 children have aged to teens. These are in families that I have never played - they were school friends of my playable child, which is why I noticed. It seems to have happened at the same time as my child aged, but this may be a coincidence -- she's been adopted as a child pretty much as soon as I moved into this new town, so she may simply be sync'd with the other schoolkids.

(I've also had an elder die, but I see that this has already been answered & isn't controlled by aging, so ok.)
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: 2013 February 02, 08:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still on 1.42, so not really qualified to reply, but since the Supernatural patch my playable ghosts age, too, despite having disabled their aging in the config.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: 2013 February 02, 13:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still on 1.42, so not really qualified to reply...

There's where you should have stopped your sentence.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Nancy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: 2013 February 02, 17:01:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Compendium is not working right.

If I transfigure compendium and put a compendium as one of the eight metals going in, it takes all the metals EXCEPT the compendium to increase the value for the output compendium.

I am running the game with no mods at all now, and the compendium is calculated as part of the input (which it is).   So I assume it is an awesomemod bug...
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: