More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 16:49:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1474960 times)
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #725 on: 2012 May 18, 23:04:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a hiccup with Supreme Commander, I think. When the Sims are queued to eat by SC, it works fine. However, when I Ctrl-Click and instruct them to eat, they just keep preparing group meals and putting them in the fridge, over and over, and never eat anything.

I have some object CC, but nothing kitchen related, and no other mods. Installed are Ambitions, Pets, WA, and HELS, and I'm patched to 1.33. The last time I downloaded a fresh copy of AM was about 2 days ago.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: 2012 May 19, 02:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is...mighty peculiar, since the two outcomes are the same, as automatic eat just launches the same Eat command you launch manually. Got a save of this behavior? Do your sims have odd trait or attribute combinations which may cause them to produce food they can't eat, like vegetarians, vampires, or robots?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: 2012 May 19, 05:55:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I considered that as well, but they don't have anything weird attached to them. One was a YA created in CAS, and she only had skilling-type traits and Good Sense of Humor. The other was a teenager when it happened to him  (born in game, son of the YA), and I didn't choose anything odd for him, but I haven't played in so long, I can't remember if Sims develop hidden traits or not (and if Vegetarian would ever be a hidden trait). I just moved a bunch of people out, so I will see if it is still happening and submit a save on Sunday.

ETA: I've searched and not found the info I needed, and I've never had to attach anything here. Do I need to zip the entire .sims3 folder for that particular save game, or do you just need a particular file within that folder? Or am I way off?
« Last Edit: 2012 May 19, 06:17:03 by SJActress » Logged

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
dilitru
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: 2012 May 19, 11:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Use Bathroom" command causes the Sim to pick a shower/ bath combo that doesn't exist on their home lot, causing them to run away from the home lot for a few seconds, then drop the command after, then once again the game selects the shower /bath combo, then drop the command again. Toilets work fine.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: 2012 May 19, 16:19:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Use Bathroom" command causes the Sim to pick a shower/ bath combo that doesn't exist on their home lot, causing them to run away from the home lot for a few seconds, then drop the command after, then once again the game selects the shower /bath combo, then drop the command again. Toilets work fine.
Never seen this before, and I've stress-tested it on some pretty degenerate-case neighborhoods, like Egypt. Is there anything unusual about your neighborhood, your lot, or the chosen target object?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: 2012 May 20, 11:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still get crashes within a few days as soon as Story Progression is turned on, this time on a different, and much better, computer, with a freshly installed game and no Store content, with only AM, ErrorTrap and Overwatch as mods. It's hard to say what is causing it but I had "radar all" on and there was one Sim on a skilling mission. AM had sent her to a sarcophagus in a museum to sleep and she had remained in there for several hours despite a maxed energy motive. This is similar to what I had observed in my previous games where Sims on a skilling mission fail to end an interaction as soon as the respective need is maxed or the buff is achieved, thus perhaps causing the crash (?). In my previous games I also had Sims on a mission sleeping for days. In those cases, however, their energy motive didn't change at all, therefore keeping them eternally asleep - until I crashed.
I got no error reports only the EA crash log, which, I guess, is useless.
dilitru
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: 2012 May 20, 13:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Never seen this before, and I've stress-tested it on some pretty degenerate-case neighborhoods, like Egypt. Is there anything unusual about your neighborhood, your lot, or the chosen target object?

I've recently switched from an EAxian (Barnacle Bay) neighborhood to a custom neighborhood. No bugs in Barnacle Bay, but it seems that sims like to pick community lot showers than home lot showers in the custom neighborhood. It's a small annoyance, really, so I'm not too bothered.
ronnietwoeleven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: 2012 May 25, 17:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just downloaded the newest version of awesome mod and have discovered since doing so that the launcher will no longer install anything. I tried removing possible conflicts, however the problem continued to exist. So, out of pure curiosity, I removed awesome mod and tried installing again and it worked. I haven't taken the time to do an extensive search, so I don't know if this has been reported already. I just thought I take some of my own precious time to help others, assuming there is a need for it! Hopefully this information will help you identify a possible bug and correct it!
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: 2012 June 02, 15:08:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does AM have a special addtrait function for pets? Because I just tried to add the genius trait to a kitten and it added the sim version of the trait instead of the pet version. It dropped the clueless trait just fine though. What I opened the "modify traits for active sim" popup, the sim-genuis trait didn't show up and neither did the pet-genius trait.
Did I miss something?
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: 2012 June 02, 22:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a clue in what you've written right there.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Naiad
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: 2012 June 03, 05:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a clue in what you've written right there.

That the popup's called 'modify traits for active sim' instead of pet doesn't seem to be a problem. I can add and drop traits (the pet ones if I shift-click on a pet) just fine using it, with the only problem that I have to choose a minimum of three. I've actually used that and droptrait afterwards and the combo worked just fine. The only bug was addtrait adding sim traits to pets. But, since a workaround exists, it's not really that important anymore.

I can't think of anything else you might be referring to.

ETA: droptrait doesn't drop the pet version of the Adventurous trait. It says the pet doesn't have that trait. The pet wasn't born with it, it was trained, if that makes any difference.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: 2012 June 03, 10:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The version of traits for pets are not the same as the sim version. Genius, for instance, is known as "GeniusPet" on Pets. Console commands require some understanding of how things work on the inside, if you want a UI to hold your hand through the process, use the one EAxis provided.

BethMoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: 2012 June 04, 19:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bug report.

Flagrant System Error

[Screenshot]

I don't know if this is helpful, but here's what was going on when it happened:

* Sim reading a gardening book.
* Sim riding a horse.
* Dog chewing a newspaper toy.

* setconfig enabledebuginteractions true

I only have AwesomeMod installed, no other mods.  Latest version (updated one or two days ago).  Had been playing for ~30 minutes.  I'd been building for a few hours before that.  Game had been open ~15 hours, mostly on pause.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: 2012 June 05, 17:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not entirely sure what happened there, either. Did it come back or otherwise keep doing that?

RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: 2012 June 06, 05:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally have my crashing pinpointed.  Not sure if this is AM but could not find another person with this problem in my searching.  Game CTD when my sims pull items from inventory in public places.  Once was when my sim took her mother's remains in her inventory and placed them in the cemetery in Twinbrook.  The other was when the Goth family decided to have a birthday party at the party warehouse and used the birthday cake from the mom's inventory.  From what I did find when searching other people are able to have a venue party complete with cake with no probelm.   I'm still at 1.33 with AM of 5/13.

meh.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: 2012 June 06, 06:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That particular issue was probably fixed in the recent update.

Flint
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: 2012 June 11, 04:46:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, got a strange problem with Awesome mod, installed pets recently and updated to the new awesome mod version ( because it didnt run without it naturally ). Now as soon as I go to a families house, instead of the normal sim selection I got a dozen ( more like dozens ) of dummy sims in that selection which do nothing.

Any Idea what bug this is and how to fix it? I can add a screen later if needed
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: 2012 June 11, 06:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you either haven't patched properly or have outdated junk clogging your files.

Flint
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: 2012 June 11, 11:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the quick response, but I'm kinda clueless right now, regarding inproper patching, the mod or the game? I'm pretty sure the game is up to date Oo
Old files could be, if yes, where would they be ?

thanks

Edit: okay thanks, i'll try to reinstall the whole sims 3 kerfuffle and try again, the scorched earth method usually works =)
« Last Edit: 2012 June 11, 12:02:15 by Flint » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: 2012 June 11, 11:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hell if I know. It's your install.

ichosethisname
Tasty Tourist

Lazy as Hell

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: 2012 June 15, 04:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mailboxes no longer seem to function as such. They get the hand tool on hover, and are moveable objects, but have no clickable actions. Still works for the shiftclick menu. The mailman comes, but sims do not receive mail.

Edit: In the Investigator career path, case phone calls no longer receive the info pop-up and instead are automatically accepted.
« Last Edit: 2012 June 17, 05:12:45 by ichosethisname » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: 2012 June 15, 06:36:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try turning on awesomedebug with "setconfig awesomedebug true" and seeing if a Flagrant System Error occurs.

ichosethisname
Tasty Tourist

Lazy as Hell

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: 2012 June 15, 08:20:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Debugging turns on without errors. Is there a set of commands to fiddle with the mailbox?
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: 2012 June 15, 21:06:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mailboxes no longer seem to function as such.

Mailboxes work just fine in my game.  Have you added any mods/CC that may affect the mailbox?  If it was a universal problem, there would be a hell of a lot of people complaining about it.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
RebelRed
The Evil Psycho
Feckless Fool

No fucks given

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: 2012 June 15, 21:57:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh that's weird, I'm having the same problem.  I thought it was just me.  I don't have anything that should affect mt mailbox.  One other thing I went ahead and arred the KP crap ( I know, I know) I've only had this problem since then.  Also when I open the launcher and try to play it asks for my disc, which I of course don't have. I've never had that problem either.  I'm patched all the way, have current AM, and all mods have been updated.  I have all sp and ep's.

meh.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: