More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 18:05:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 67 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread  (Read 1474981 times)
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #550 on: 2012 March 11, 03:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Test-version works fine with me, just one minor thing:

When one of my sims gains celebrity-status, I get the message that some Townie is no longer their friend. This happens over and over, different towns and different families. I don't mind it too much, because i just cheat my way to friend status again.
But just so you know. Smiley

P.s. I'm Dutch, so sorry for grammar mistakes.

I had this issue as well. It occurred right after a show finished and my sim got her first celebrity star. 

vitaee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: 2012 March 11, 06:16:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Test-version works fine with me, just one minor thing:

When one of my sims gains celebrity-status, I get the message that some Townie is no longer their friend. This happens over and over, different towns and different families. I don't mind it too much, because i just cheat my way to friend status again.
But just so you know. Smiley

P.s. I'm Dutch, so sorry for grammar mistakes.

I had this issue as well. It occurred right after a show finished and my sim got her first celebrity star. 

Just like in really life, some people get jealous of your success....
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 2012 March 11, 15:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Non-critical core mismatch on test version, as per usual. (all games and EPs patched up to date)

Vacation destinations occasionally crash during initial creation.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: 2012 March 11, 18:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Non-critical core mismatch on test version, as per usual. (all games and EPs patched up to date)

Sounds like you fucked up somewhere.  Latest test version works just fine here, no errors or mismatches of any kind.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 2012 March 11, 18:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When playing today with the newest test version of AM and patch 1.32, I got a popup saying there was a simfest going on at the park. When I sent my sim there and had her enter the contest it popped up saying she was next, then a lady went on stage to announce the show, and everyone gathered around. She said my sim was coming up next and to let the show begin, when my sim approached the stage via the que, everyone "jumped" out of place and my sim could no longer interact with the stage, and there wasn't an option on the proprietor sim to enter the contest anymore. Not sure if this is AM related or not, but thought I would mention it in case.

A little update on this issue. My sim advanced a couple levels in Acrobat, I took her to a new Simfest, in a different location and the same thing occurred. She would ask to enter the Simfest, then they announce she is next as soon as she gets to the stage, her and everyone else reset and pop out of place. Then the Simfest no longer progresses from there, according to the proprietor's social interactions, it is still going on, but noone does anything after the reset. I had saved right before that happened, so I reloaded. When I went back in, and had my sim ask to be in Simfest it said great, you're up next, but my sim no longer got the instant que to go on stage like before.

Edit to add a new issue I just encountered. The game was acting strangely, so I entered 'fixall'. It popped up on both my sims saying their minipartner was missing. Then it said they both had an erroneous relationship with each other. Then when it was all done, I got memory pop ups saying they were romantically involved with each other and friends with each other. They were married before. Now it shows them as related still, only he is her son-in-law now, and they both have the red hearts.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 11, 20:50:54 by mandababy » Logged
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: 2012 March 11, 21:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like you fucked up somewhere.  Latest test version works just fine here, no errors or mismatches of any kind.

Human error is always a possibility, but this was a fresh install. Will have a looksie.

EDIT: Went through all the EPs and all the folders, everything looks on the up and up. Base game and EPs are all up to date. Using latest test version.
« Last Edit: 2012 March 11, 21:51:01 by guardianpegasus » Logged
StaciCarol
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 2012 March 12, 03:47:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downloaded AM, put it in Doc/EA/TS3/Mods/Packages. Got rid of Scriptcache.package.
Went to start my game, never got anywhere, but got this: http://i44.tinypic.com/11vha9t.png
I have all recent patches, updates, etc..
I have WA, HELS, Ambitions, Pets.
I have other mods, but no core mods.

Any advice?

Thanks
SendMeLies
Blathering Buffoon

See if I care.

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: 2012 March 12, 14:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any advice?

Uhh... move the other mods out of the directory and test if the problem is indeed with AM?
Weef
Asinine Airhead

Kufufufu

View Profile WWW
« Reply #558 on: 2012 March 12, 15:49:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Downloaded AM, put it in Doc/EA/TS3/Mods/Packages. Got rid of Scriptcache.package.
Went to start my game, never got anywhere, but got this: http://i44.tinypic.com/11vha9t.png

Any advice?

Thanks

press continue and play the game
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: 2012 March 12, 17:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Bug Report Thread is for the reporting of bugs.  For the record, an Awesomemod bug is an error or unwanted game behavior -- usually but not always reproducible -- that occurs in a game where Awesomemod is installed correctly.

NOT BUGS:
Mismatched AM and patch levels
Conflicts with other hacks or cc
Improperly installed AM

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
StaciCarol
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 2012 March 12, 17:06:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any advice?

Uhh... move the other mods out of the directory and test if the problem is indeed with AM?

Any advice?

Thanks

press continue and play the game

I did what both of you two said to do. I did get to my last saved game (or should I have made a new one?), most of what AM is supposed to do didn't work. Played for about a minute then got this: http://i39.tinypic.com/2psktjt.jpg. Pressed enter, it came up again, pressed enter, then the game crashed.
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 2012 March 12, 17:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps you shouldn't play with your monitor on its side like that.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
KrysisAdelis
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: 2012 March 12, 17:44:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else having anomalies with the testing version and the firefighter career?

It was working fine before, without any mods except nointro and no building sparkles, but when I added AM a few hours ago (yes, the testing version that is so darn hard to find if you search traditionally), oddness popped up, but only in the firehouse.

Oddness being:
Wrong cursors (walk on sink, grayed out on treadmill) but clicking produced the correct options.
Ambient sounds from 'building disaster' (the grocery store muzak in particular) would persist inappropriately.
Hang on promising new want. (3 minute hang, complete image freeze, alt-tab to other window worked but nothing in Sims did.)

All eps, up to and including Showtime, installed. Only mods mentioned in use.
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 2012 March 12, 18:07:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the latest test version, I had the alarm sound get stuck on.  Whenever I'm at the firefighter lot, the alarm sound is playing, but the alarm is not active(no animation) and there's no emergency.  I haven't noticed any of the other things you mentioned.  The only other mod I have apart from the ones you listed is an only important memories mod.
EDIT: Actually now that I think about it, I believe I may have also experienced the incorrect cursors thing.  But I wouldn't swear to it.
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #564 on: 2012 March 12, 19:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That incorrect cursor appearance is due to that freakin' tour book. Enter buy or build mode and back to live mode. Cursor should be correct again. No AM issue.

Greetings,
Cyron
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 2012 March 12, 22:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Showtime installed and I get the incorrect cursor issue.
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: 2012 March 12, 23:31:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Improperly installed AM

Knowing that TS3 is infamous for harbouring Gremlins, are you saying it's outside the realm of possibility that it could be an AM conflict of some sort?

The actual game itself is working fine. Haven't encountered a single bug so far, and my playstyle does tend to push the envelope.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 2012 March 13, 00:04:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Improperly installed AM

Knowing that TS3 is infamous for harbouring Gremlins, are you saying it's outside the realm of possibility that it could be an AM conflict of some sort?

The actual game itself is working fine. Haven't encountered a single bug so far, and my playstyle does tend to push the envelope.

Yes, that's exactly what we are telling you. Core mismatch error is core mismatch error.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 2012 March 13, 02:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I listed three common complaints that are typical user errors reported as bugs, and it somehow went from there to "YOU'RE SAYING THAT ALL BUGS ARE USER ERRORS?!?!?!?!!?"

guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: 2012 March 13, 13:36:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game is installed correctly. The framework is installed correctly. AM is installed correctly. I've been using AM since it first came out for TS3. The game and all EPs are patched to the latest version. Using no other mods or custom content. Yet I'm getting core mismatch. Thus my inquiry.

It wouldn't be the first time a Sims game exhibited Gremlin behavior.
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: 2012 March 13, 13:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To clarify you have the correct test version, where are you getting it from and how long ago did you update it?
basbas
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 2012 March 13, 14:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guardianpegasus also seems to deliberately avoid mentioning what game version he/she is actually patched to.
PrinJess
Blathering Buffoon

I shall take ovur the wurld wit grammer!

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: 2012 March 13, 14:57:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a crack issue to me. Core mismatches only happen when a crack hasn't been updated to the latest patch. Having used cracks I would always wonder why I was getting the errors. Resolving it required updating the cracks.
Eeyore
Garrulous Gimp

Beware donkey poo.

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: 2012 March 13, 15:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like a crack issue to me. Core mismatches only can happen when a crack hasn't been updated to the latest patch the version of AM and your game patch level do not match. Having used cracks I would always wonder why I was getting the errors. Resolving it required updating the cracks. And since AM is always updated to the latest patch (except during a brief new version testing period, as is the case now) you always need the latest patch to use AM.

"[M]embers of MATY do not realize how badly they are perceived by society, and that people are secretly mocking them in silence." -- cwurtz
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 2012 March 13, 17:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never used a crack. Just AM & Daemon Tools. This isn't the first core mismatch I get on a test version of AM either. Was just wondering if it was working as intended, as I can find nothing else wrong.

Each EP does patching of it's own on install, of course. I couldn't have an old base version because the EP wouldn't allow it. Either way, both launcher and MTS patcher are reporting everything up to date.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 67 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: