More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 11:21:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  Various Mods aka Random Crap (was: Event Notifiers)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Various Mods aka Random Crap (was: Event Notifiers)  (Read 37237 times)
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Various Mods aka Random Crap (was: Event Notifiers)
« Reply #25 on: 2010 June 08, 14:27:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, there was laundry to do and also plates to clean and water to sweep. Sorry, my game is in Portuguese, I don't know if these terms are correct for the game in English.
The mod handles dirty plates and puddles and AFAIK everything that can get dirty from the base game without problems. What's funny (or not) is that the EAxis clean house interaction didn't actually change. I'm not too surprised, though. For whatever reasons I had a hard time getting the initial code to make beds, too. In the end, I had to bypass that part manually. That's what I did for clothes now, too. Give the Experimental Version 2 a spin, and tell me if it does the trick. Obviously, without having Ambitions I had to take an educated guess on how this stuff is working. I have no idea what will happen, if there are no washing machines for dry clothes or clotheslines/dryers for wet clothes on the lot.

Is this mod fully localized for you BTW?
Aracelis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 June 09, 21:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. I will test this later. Sorry to ask, but what is "fully localized"?
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 June 10, 07:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Buzz! These notifications make me nostalgic for the short-lived indie stone mod. I'm happy to be able to see whats going on in my town again.
I'm wondering though, how hard would it be to put the cause of death into the death notifications?  I don't know much of anything about modding, so if it's a huge task don't worry about it... just my morbid curiosity at work. =)

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 June 10, 15:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated Inform About Deaths to show the cause of death.

Sorry to ask, but what is "fully localized"?
The whole thing is completely in Portuguese for you, right? Well, except that debugging notification, that never was supposed to be witnessed by anyone but me.

I'm wondering though, how hard would it be to put the cause of death into the death notifications?
Not hard at all. I have yet to see a sim die from something else than old age, though.
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010 June 10, 19:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't seen first hand, but from what i've read with ambitions there seem to be some more meteor/natural disaster/inventing and fire related deaths, even when you're not playing a firefighter.  Seems about time EA put some real population control in the game, lol :D

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
Aracelis
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010 June 11, 02:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's working now, except for the fact that Sims won't get dry clothes hanging in the clothing line. And yes, my game is full Portuguese speaking. The messages I get in English are due to a few mods I got in my folder. Once more, thank you for this useful mod!
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010 June 11, 05:13:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's working now, except for the fact that Sims won't get dry clothes hanging in the clothing line.
Does the "Clean House" (or whatever it is in Portuguese) interaction appear when there's nothing "cleanable" on the lot but clean clothes on a clothesline or in a dryer? Do neat sims handle that on their clean house interaction?
And yes, my game is full Portuguese speaking.
Actually, I meant the CleanHouseForEveryone mod. But since you're probably not noticing that it's a different thing than the thing neat sims can do (like intended), I just assume that this mod is indeed fully localized.
ariffrazalin
Asinine Airhead

OMSP-guy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010 June 12, 20:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the "Clean House for Everyone", and it'll be great if you could make a " Clip Coupons for everyone" too. Since it's unfair that only Frugal sims can find coupons on newspapers/ computers.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010 June 13, 11:37:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the "Clean House for Everyone", and it'll be great if you could make a " Clip Coupons for everyone" too.
Maybe sometime in the future, but right now I'm working on other stuff. And I still need to know if the Clean House interaction shows up when there are only clean clothes on a clothesline or in a dryer. And if neat sims handle that in their clean house interaction.
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010 June 13, 20:19:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the "Clean House for Everyone", and it'll be great if you could make a " Clip Coupons for everyone" too.
Maybe sometime in the future, but right now I'm working on other stuff. And I still need to know if the Clean House interaction shows up when there are only clean clothes on a clothesline or in a dryer. And if neat sims handle that in their clean house interaction.

Tested for you..

Clean house will put laundry in the washer, but will do nothing after that. I tried using it for both moving from washer to dryer, and after the dryer was done. The interaction didn't show up for a completed wash, or a completed dry.

Then I removed the mod and tried it on an EA neat sim, same thing.

So your answer is no: it won't attend to dry clothes, and it's apparently not supposed to. =)

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010 June 14, 14:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clean House For Everyone updated to Version 2.
Update for Ambitions is mandatory.

So your answer is no: it won't attend to dry clothes, and it's apparently not supposed to. =)
Thanks. Try experimental Version3. It is supposed to attend clean clothes.
Mekare
Asinine Airhead

I loveded piggy.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010 June 14, 20:55:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Tried v3.. still same result.  Tried with both a clothesline and a dryer, the clean house option wouldn't show up.

I also noticed this time that the clean house interaction will pick up clothes off the floor and run them to the washer, but will not grab clothes previously in hampers for washing. Sorry i didn't notice it before.

ETA: It is also worth noting that if the washer is taken, and the hamper is full (or if you dont have one), the sim will be stuck in an endless loop of picking up the clothes and dropping them on the floor again while set to clean house.. 99% sure this is an EAxian bug though.

☑ Saddam Hussein
☑ Osama Bin Laden
☐ Justin Bieber
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010 June 15, 15:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Too bad. I will probably have to get Ambitions to resolve the dryer/clothesline issue. I'll look for the hampers, though.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010 July 02, 16:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inform About Marriages, Inform About Deaths and Carpool Disabler updated.

Like you probably noticed (get your head examined if you didn't), the Ambitions patch changed the way notifications work. I couldn't figure out how to bypass the thumbnail creation, so everything is back to notifications without thumbnails if no actual sim is found for an event.

The marriage notifier works as supposed again.

The carpool disabler lets you disable/enable the schoolbus now.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 2010 July 13, 07:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a couple requests for consideration. With no obligation.

First, a minor annoyance, but due to where my mail box is, it would be really nice to have the carpool disable function on the phone or other object rather than the mail box as I like to highlight the mailbox from distance to see if there is mail by how the interaction icon changes.
Second, while most notifications are covered, I'm  wondering if we could get a notification for pregnancies as I'd like to see who is going to spawn babies, rather than who has already spawned them.
Finally something unrelated to your current mods, but for future consideration, I've been hoping a talented person could create a mod that sets a town wide speed limit for all vehicles, rather than editing each vehicle file manually. It kinda looks like Tron at the moment.

Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010 July 17, 08:41:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Carpool Disabler and Clean House For Everyone have been relocated to MTS.
Changes since the last 4shared versions
- Carpool Disabler is localizable
- Clean House is improved and contains fixes for EAxian bugs

First, a minor annoyance, but due to where my mail box is, it would be really nice to have the carpool disable function on the phone or other object rather than the mail box as I like to highlight the mailbox from distance to see if there is mail by how the interaction icon changes.
You can now change the package to make the interactions show up on the active sim by changing the tunable values in the XML resource in the package. That's probably no big deal for you.

Second, while most notifications are covered, I'm  wondering if we could get a notification for pregnancies as I'd like to see who is going to spawn babies, rather than who has already spawned them.
Done. As stated it's not really tested. I don't expect problems though, because most of it is the same as in the other event notifiers. The actual functionality depends on the code instantiating the pregnacies, i.e. whether the pregnancies get "accounced". I don't send these events in the BCM code for example.

Finally something unrelated to your current mods, but for future consideration, I've been hoping a talented person could create a mod that sets a town wide speed limit for all vehicles, rather than editing each vehicle file manually. It kinda looks like Tron at the moment.
Don't look at me, I won't make anything like that. IMHO making all cars drive at the same speed, would destroy the one advantage expensive cars have. Although I find it kinda lame, that cars go around corners at full speed, but there's probably nothing that can be done about that.

ETA: It is also worth noting that if the washer is taken, and the hamper is full (or if you dont have one), the sim will be stuck in an endless loop of picking up the clothes and dropping them on the floor again while set to clean house.. 99% sure this is an EAxian bug though.
It is and it's fixed in the version on MTS.
gatopreto
Asinine Airhead

Yum, pudding!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010 November 15, 13:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will the event notifiers (births, deaths, etc) work will LN? It doesn't say so elsewhere in the post or its threads.

Thanks, in any case.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010 November 16, 14:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will the event notifiers (births, deaths, etc) work will LN? It doesn't say so elsewhere in the post or its threads.
Yes, the event notifiers are very simple mods so they didn't get borked by the patch. I just didn't add the 6.0 to the compatibility listing, because I only look for code compatibility directly after a patch. I also didn't know the version number of LN yet. And yes, I'm fully aware that all EPs/SPs had x.0 for their release version, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily the case for the next EP/SP.
airilina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2011 June 12, 05:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw the note that the listed mods wouldn't be updated, but I don't see carpool disabler on there anymore.  Will this eventually be updated again?
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011 June 13, 08:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

airilina, the carpool disabler mod has been relocated to MTS a year ago. Please look there.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: