More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 12:43:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Recent Issues with awesome and patch 1.7.9 no WA
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Recent Issues with awesome and patch 1.7.9 no WA  (Read 7897 times)
padingtonbr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Recent Issues with awesome and patch 1.7.9 no WA
« on: 2009 November 29, 06:31:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just started using the latest Awesome Mod with the patch 1.7.9 (I have no expansions).   I do not have any other mods installed, just Awesome. Im having Two issues that are consistant and thought Id give some feedback just to let you know.   I'll list them below.

1.  If I go into "Change Appearance" , I can change the Sims appearance but I not
accept the changes and I cannot leave that screen.
2.  Every night at exactly 1:00 AM the Sims game crashes.  I have to remove Awesome restart Sims, pass the 1AM time slot then save the game, quit, install Awesome again and then restart Sims.

The last thing I've noted is I had one family of 6.  The one sim was pregnant via awesome menu option "get pregnant" as she was ready for birth, she had a stork imapge hovering over her head.  She just stood there frozen, no interactions were available to her except "go here".  She never gave birth, couldn't eat, no one could take her to the hospital etc...  I tried saving the game and removing Awesome and that didn't work either.  Finally I had to nuke her... she would have died from starvation otherwise.   

Any feedback is much appreciated.

WerewolfOfTheWater
Asinine Airhead

derp

View Profile WWW
Re: Recent Issues with awesome and patch 1.7.9 no WA
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 29, 06:35:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually encountered the first problem playing without awesomemod, but I had a few of Twallan's hacks in.

You don't even
Crysill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 29, 06:43:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2.  Every night at exactly 1:00 AM the Sims game crashes.  I have to remove Awesome restart Sims, pass the 1AM time slot then save the game, quit, install Awesome again and then restart Sims.
Enable AwesomeStory. It's superior anyway.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 29, 07:59:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of posting shit in a new thread, try using the bug thread where it belongs.  if you perouse the threads, you will find many of the issues already discussed.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
AloeOwl
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 29, 09:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Enable AwesomeStory. It's superior anyway.

Crysill is most probably right. it worked for me Undecided

~ Condemnation without investigation is the peak of ignorance ~
padingtonbr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 07, 06:16:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Crysill and AloeOwl !    Smiley
Aqua
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 11, 11:46:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, i am not sure if it is an awesomemod thing or a general problem with the new patch.
Since i have updated, the game is horrible slow. Loading the family lasts about 3 minutes, before the patch it was a few seconds.
And also while playing, the game is slow. Seems like i am playing on an ancient celeron processor and 500MB RAM, and not on 4 cores with 4gb RAM.
Anyone with a solution for this problem?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 11, 11:49:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could not reproduce.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 December 11, 23:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, i am not sure if it is an awesomemod thing or a general problem with the new patch.
Since i have updated, the game is horrible slow. Loading the family lasts about 3 minutes, before the patch it was a few seconds.
And also while playing, the game is slow. Seems like i am playing on an ancient celeron processor and 500MB RAM, and not on 4 cores with 4gb RAM.
Anyone with a solution for this problem?

Some have reported that removing all their CC files speeds up the game. Try removing it all and see if that helps. If so, just add AM and see what happens. If that's still working OK, add back your CC a little at a time and see if it slows down. If you have just one bad CC file it can slow down your whole game.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 December 12, 22:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Compressed packages also slow down the game.  Have you used the compressorizer at all?  Just refer to this thread here, if that's not the case.  It covers a lot.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17460.0.html
pinkspikes
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 12, 23:30:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the second problem once, but I thought it was because I had ISM in my game still. So I knocked that out. Now I have this problem where I open my saved game and it immediately freezes. I just get the little arrow with the red circle and slash through it next to the cursor. I haven't downloaded anything new and it worked fine until i downloaded the new awesome mod patch.
Aqua
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 13, 14:28:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, thanks for your help. So just a quick summary what speeds up my game again.

I have downloaded the process monitor. Started it before playing sims. Just one filter for "Paths" which ends with .package. Then starting the game, playing for 10 minutes. Then back to the monitor. There were about 21000000 package files loaded.
So i tried file summary from the menu, and there were just 4 files which were opened about 20000 times during these 10 minutes of play. So i deleted these 4 files from my CC, deleted the cache files and the game is running like hell again.

Here is the link for all who need this monitor. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx
So u dont have to read all related articles if u want to get your speed back.

Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 13, 21:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Process monitor helped for me as well. I wouldn't recommend not reading related articles though. If someone can get it working without reading, great for them. If not, no one wants them here whining about how it won't work when they haven't bothered to read the relevant threads containing the answers. There's already enough people doing that as it is, so please, don't encourage any more.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: