More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:56:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Crash to desktop
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Crash to desktop  (Read 42216 times)
snowstormburning
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Crash to desktop
« Reply #50 on: 2009 December 20, 20:20:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, apparently, I'm not the brightest bulb in the box. I patched my game, and now I can play again. Why this bright idea never dawned on me before is beyond me, although I'm too delirious with happiness right now to really care. If anyone else is still having this problem, try patching the game and updating to the latest version of AwesomeMod.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 December 20, 20:26:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, apparently, I'm not the brightest bulb in the box. I patched my game, and now I can play again. Why this bright idea never dawned on me before is beyond me, although I'm too delirious with happiness right now to really care. If anyone else is still having this problem, try patching the game and updating to the latest version of AwesomeMod.

And I think we have a new front-running example for the
"Most Superfluous Post EVAR!"

Tribulatio proxima est
LaceTeacup
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 December 23, 07:17:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And it's not a lack of resources. I have a ton of RAM, a great processor, a top of the line video card

Same story. Loads til the green is full then CTD.
Running currently without WA, want to get base game working before I launch into the headache of WA.
Really miss Awesomemod, would appreciate if I could use it
Link
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 December 24, 21:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tried updating all the mods, clearing cache files, reinstalling framework, doing this and doing that, etc.

No matter what AwesomeMod won't work properly for me this time around. I've never had issues prior, well... I'd have an occasional crash but I'd try again and it'd work.

But, I tired like 5 - 10 times and ways and I would always crash, the only times it'd boot up normally would be if I removed the package files from the mods and just loaded it vanilla.

I don't run any other mods so... I'm not sure what's going on.

Can anybody offer some assistance?

PS. This has NOTHING to do with 1 AM.

PPS. I don't have the expansion.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 24, 21:58:12 by Link » Logged
Link
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 December 25, 05:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny enough the Test Version fixed my problem. Not sure what it was, but it fixed it. I booted it up and didn't crash. Go figure.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 December 26, 05:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably the fact that you patched your game?

INFP or something
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2009 December 27, 02:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nvidia finally updated my laptop vid card driver and I haven't CTD since. I hope that fixes it for me.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
flobi
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 December 28, 19:28:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if his helps anyone, but I was crashing right as the first loading screen finished.  Tried everything in this thread (and a number of others) and nothing worked...then I realized I had a tad of confusion that might be affecting others who find this thread. 

On the http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.0.html page, there are two versions, "1.7.9/1.7.11/2.2.8 VERSION" and "1.8/2.3 TEST VERSION."  These version numbers are not (as I had previously thought) the version numbers of awesomemod.  They are the version of the Sims 3 game (I never noticed or cared what version of Sims I was running before).  So, possibly check the TS3 launcher and in the bottom corner of it, it says which version of the Sims is installed and download the appropriate awesomemod version.  (After all, why would anyone give a single download 3 different version numbers?)
Zouflain
Blathering Buffoon

"Who set all these labmonkeys free?!"

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2009 December 28, 20:34:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I run this game on 1GB DDR1 ram, with high settings.  I don't think RAM is really the issue it's been made out to be, especially since the game takes up about 500MB of RAM and 500MB of virtual RAM.  As a general rule, after you've already patched TS3, checked your framework and updated to most recent awesomemod, I would look to your graphics card (make sure it's drivers are up to date, and that it is not overheating), make sure that no other application is running (TS3 will ctd for me if any other application steals screen focus for too long or too often), and avoid custom content from less-than reputable sources like the plague.  I like my CC, but keep in mind that with every patch, some of it gets broken.  My game was notoriously crash-prone for quite a while, before I tracked the error down to a custom hairstyle.  The hairstyle had worked perfectly up until the patch.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 December 29, 11:52:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I run this game on 1GB DDR1 ram, with high settings.  I don't think RAM is really the issue it's been made out to be, especially since the game takes up about 500MB of RAM and 500MB of virtual RAM.
See, this is happening to you because all you have is 1 GB of RAM. With Windoze taking up half your RAM, that means you ONLY have 500 MBs of RAMs free, which is why the rest winds up in swap. And your performance will suck as a result.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Cupcake
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 December 29, 16:44:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having a similar issue with a Mac setup. I have framework installed, tried with and without awesome and .dll files in both files, still CTDs somewhere along the loading bar for a neighbourhood/save game loading file.

Invisigoth's minyun. Shiny outfit included.

Tsarina: If I got drunk, I'd probably just flash someone my ass and fall asleep.
geekily
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 December 29, 23:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if his helps anyone, but I was crashing right as the first loading screen finished.  Tried everything in this thread (and a number of others) and nothing worked...then I realized I had a tad of confusion that might be affecting others who find this thread. 

On the http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15185.0.html page, there are two versions, "1.7.9/1.7.11/2.2.8 VERSION" and "1.8/2.3 TEST VERSION."  These version numbers are not (as I had previously thought) the version numbers of awesomemod.  They are the version of the Sims 3 game (I never noticed or cared what version of Sims I was running before).  So, possibly check the TS3 launcher and in the bottom corner of it, it says which version of the Sims is installed and download the appropriate awesomemod version.  (After all, why would anyone give a single download 3 different version numbers?)

That was exactly my problem! Thank you so much!
sgallaty
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 December 31, 19:35:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking actually that we should be abie to identify the crash based on the xcpt file.  Hm.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2010 January 01, 06:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Except we can't, because we're missing the information needed to read anything out of it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jonas
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2010 January 01, 06:37:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the latest Awesome. No real probs. I'm finally able to play without pain; and I'm loving WA.  I did have a sim that made me crash when I changed her hair, but that passed after I let a day go by.
neo maxi zoom dweebie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2010 January 02, 08:07:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angry I have the sims 3 1.8. I'm running it without WA. I'm using windows 7 home premium. I followed the how to install framework and AM instructions and I still can't get AM to work. As soon as the loading bar pops up the game crashes. I have deleted all the cache files. I have taken out ALL CC and other mods that might conflict, that is to say all mods. I downloaded the right version. Didn't put the Resource.cfg in packages. I can run my game without AM just fine, but as soon as I put it in and it gets to the loading bar it crashes. So annoying that I can't figure this out, hate playing game with only five traits. Need AM.  Grin

I wanna be just like you. I figure all I need, is a lobotomy and some tights. -John Bender
neo maxi zoom dweebie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2010 January 02, 18:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Checked my framework with monkeybars it says that the framework appears to be installed correctly but I still can't get AM to work!

I wanna be just like you. I figure all I need, is a lobotomy and some tights. -John Bender
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2010 January 02, 18:42:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oi you there with the stupid name*: don't double post mmkay? It is not going to inspire people to help you around here.

*I love The Breakfast Club as much as the next person, but that name just makes you look like an idiot 12 who thinks she's teh bomb at pop culture references. You are not.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
neo maxi zoom dweebie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2010 January 02, 18:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry about that I won't double post anymore. Anything else you have to say to me is irreverent. The day I start caring what an anonymous megalomaniac on the internet has to say about me is the day I'm completely lacking in self-esteem.

Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2010 January 02, 20:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, 12. You just signed your no-help warrant. Have fun figuring it out on your own!

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2010 January 02, 20:56:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry about that I won't double post anymore. Anything else you have to say to me is irreverent. The day I start caring what an anonymous megalomaniac on the internet has to say about me is the day I'm completely lacking in self-esteem.

Irreverent: it does not mean what you think it means. The word you're looking for is irrelevant. Lets leave the big words to the grown ups, yes? Anyway, I am very pleased to hear your self-of-steam is unblemished by my comments. One would hate to cause offence over the internets. Besides, I am too busy quaffing cognac from my glorious throne in the corner. sipping tea in my office chair.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: