More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 13:30:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Changing back to an older versions of Sims 3?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Changing back to an older versions of Sims 3?  (Read 20438 times)
mitchk
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Changing back to an older versions of Sims 3?
« on: 2009 November 22, 16:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wondered, how easy is it to get back to a previous version of sims 3, because most patches you download only seem to work when you want to go forward in versions...

I need to get back to an older version because im only something like 1.7 and Awesomemod just does the loading screen crash every time... Yes i know I have read the post about it, but it did not help, and i have tried over the past week or so and it still doesnt work so im guessing its because i have a newer version.

I really need the 1.4.6 version if that's what is compatible

Any help would be very useful! Thhaaanks! =)
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Changing back to an older versions of Sims 3?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 22, 16:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know you can't downgrade patches. You'll have to reinstall the game.
mitchk
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 22, 16:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eurrgh, was hoping that would not be the answer, oh well, loooong...

Thanks for the help though =)
shadow
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 22, 16:30:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only problem with that is you will not be able to patch the game at all and AwesomeMod does not work with anything but 1.4 now.  You can't go back to that patch. It's either no patch or 1.7 and AM won't work with either.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 22, 16:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, no, it does not take that long to reinstall. Trust me, it doesn't. It's a pain in the ass but the payoff is worth a few minutes of hassle.

And you don't have to have either NO PATCH or the most recent patch. If you want 1.4, then do a search for a d/l link to 1.4 and update your game with it.
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 22, 17:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only problem with that is you will not be able to patch the game at all and AwesomeMod does not work with anything but 1.4 now.  You can't go back to that patch. It's either no patch or 1.7 and AM won't work with either.

wrong

if you need other patches go here: http://www.simprograms.com/the-sims-3-patches/
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 November 22, 17:36:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wouldn't bother reverting, the test version of AwesomeMod for 1.7.9 and WA 2.2.8 (turns out they use the same core) is out in testing and will hit a public release soon.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
LilRubyQueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 November 22, 18:27:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi- I'm new here (but I've been following a lot of these posts since the Sims3 came out)...

Um, I just reinstalled the game after having a fatal crash after installing the 1.7 patch. So I just want to know the consensus...which patch is OK to install??? (I think my 1.3 & 1.4 was working with it but I forgot because it was so long ago).

And I'm about to go get the World Adventures EP so I was wondering - should I hold off on installing that until some miracle mod shows up for that as well or what?

I just need some advice.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009 November 22, 18:32:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod has been fitted to 1.7 and is undergoing limited field tests. md5 comparisons reveal that the WA core is the same as the base core, so this means that AwesomeMod is automatically workable with WA at the same time. Of course, it also means that final release is thus postponed indefinitely and the rotating beta expiration is here to stay, but them's the breaks. At least you'll get new shinyness, though. Once the grah testers have run it through a few times, it'll be publicly posted.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
thealienamongus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009 November 23, 00:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod has been fitted to 1.7 and is undergoing limited field tests. md5 comparisons reveal that the WA core is the same as the base core, so this means that AwesomeMod is automatically workable with WA at the same time. Of course, it also means that final release is thus postponed indefinitely and the rotating beta expiration is here to stay, but them's the breaks. At least you'll get new shinyness, though. Once the grah testers have run it through a few times, it'll be publicly posted.

That's great Grin. Personally I like having the beta expiration, I check for AM updates more frequently than I would if it didn't have it.
loopsydoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009 December 01, 22:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello

I did the same thing, added the 1.7 then found out that the few other mods (not Awe) I use and cannot do without will not be updated so I needed to go back to my original game.

I uninstalled then googled for patches and found them all one by one until I had what I wanted and now my game is as was prior to 1.7.  So you can pick and choose what patches you want to suit your game prior to adding the 1.7 one.

However I do have a question please.  If I never install the 1.7 patch will my Awe Mod be rendered useless eventually?  Another words will the time limit thingy be placed on it again as it was in the past to force users to update it?

So far I have no intention of buying and installing WA, if I wanted to play Indiana Jones I would have bought that instead....LOL.

Thank you and please be aware I have searched for an answer to my question before I added this post.

kind regards
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2009 December 01, 23:04:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pretty sure it's useless now if you're not running the latest patch.
loopsydoo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2009 December 01, 23:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello Tever

Thank you for you answer.  I have not downloaded the new Awe mod, I am still using the one prior to this latest version and that is what I want to keep.  (1.4) I just hope there is not a time limit set to the one I have to force me to update to the new one.  I fully understand the reason for this but I simply do not want 1.7 nor WA in my game.

There is only one mod for gender biasing sims as far as I can find and that one is not going to be updated.  To me the game is like playing with dolls if they do not know their sexual preference and so that is the mod I do not want to lose.  It makes a huge difference to the game play I can tell you. It's almost like S2 with this mod, the sims are actually looking for romantic interests and going about it slowly instead of it being an instant overnight thing as with the vanilla or Indie Mod.

You can watch the relationships grow instead of happening all of a sudden when they really do not know each other.  I am surprised there are not many gender biasing mods out there or perhaps as I have found one I am not really looking.

I highly recommend it.  It is a NRass mod, a gender preference house plant bush....lol  no sniggering....lol

kind regards to you.

olienka
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009 December 01, 23:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

loopsydoo, are you talking about an automated gender-orienter, or a manual one? Because the manual functionality is included in the NRaas Supercomputer, which I'm using alongside Awesomemod with no problems in my 1.7 game.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009 December 02, 00:07:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YourYou're probably shit out of luck.

Pescado has said previously, he no longer supports the 1.4.6 version of AM as the source code is no longer available.  that was changed with 1.7 and WA.  I think you'll find the last Am version for 1.4.6 probably still had an expiry date in it, so the only was to stop it expiring is to keep changing your system time.

Why not just update to 1.7 and be done with it, the extra interactions and building tools are worth it and don't resemble Indiana Jones.  Although WA can be played however you want it to, you don't have to do adventures if you don't want to, but they aren't as bad as you seem to think they are.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 02, 05:42:35 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009 December 02, 02:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Source of old versions is no longer available because I have this practice of doing in-place changes to prevent reversion, in keeping with the Cortez school. BURN THE BOATS!

playintheleaves
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009 December 02, 04:20:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a really hard time with this stuff and understanding it.  If I update to the 1.7 Patch without having WA, does that break my game?  I want to play but I haven't bought WA and I want to use Awesomemod, so I will  update to 1.7... but I don't have WA.  How does that work?
Chrissi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009 December 02, 04:39:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It works just fine, you do not need WA.  Everything will be normal.  Get the new version of awesomemod and update your game to 1.7, you do not require WA for anything, and everything should be fine (as far as the base game/awesomemod go, I can't telll you about other mods).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: