More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 20:38:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  So is World Adventures worth it?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: So is World Adventures worth it?  (Read 25629 times)
Yolu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: So is World Adventures worth it?
« Reply #25 on: 2009 November 23, 08:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ScorpioMaurus, could you please tell me where you got the lipstick in first pic?

NP it's from TSR by a creator called Lorieen (Glossy Lipstick by Lorieen) and it's a free one so no having to look around PMBD or anything

As for the Egyptian sim her lipstick is by Katelys (Lipstick 05) and is also free just in case anyone was wondering.

Thank you Smiley
ScorpioMaurus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 November 23, 17:01:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your welcome, I had originally put links but then I thought I remembered something about not putting TSR links here. Not sure but I hope you found it okay.

The more I play this game the more I love it, The food spoilage and the Sims Cough Drops not working is certainly annoying but Oh well the adventures IMO are so much fun. I haven't been able to defeat a mummy yet I guess that requires more strength or something. Since my sim has been adventuring nonstop that doesn't leave much time for working out. However in the last day she's acquired around 30,000 Simoleons worth of relics and stones so it's a great way to make money without cheating.
uncool ranch doritos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 November 23, 23:00:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To echo stuff that's been said, WA seems fun. I got fed up with Sims 2 after OFB, so I never got the Bon Voyage thing.

The "adventures" part of WA is fun. Your Sims get a different treadmill to mess around on, plus stuff to collect in inventory for that treadmill (tent, portable food, shower in a can, etc).  Solving the little adventures is fun so far, although pretty much simple & not very complicated in terms of gameplay.  It's not Tomb Raider, and it's hardly Indiana Jones, but it is something to build your Sims' bank account without having to send them away to the Work treadmill.

Time doesn't seem to pass when you're at a different World location. In the new game I set up for WA, one of my Sims left her husband at home to go on a vacation (prompted by a new type of Opportunity in the regular Sims neighborhood).  While she was doing her thing in Sim-France (whatever the name is), her age clock advanced.  When she returned, her husband was a couple Sims days younger than her (the 3-day length of her vacation).

Perhaps this kind of neuters the Sims 3 benefit of other households aging with your Sims since you have the full range of Sims interactions with the Townies in Sim-BFE & whatnot... so grumpy Sim-grandpa's French mistress from decades ago probably never ages a day unless she comes to visit grandpa.  *Le sigh*

It's not a huge bump up on your core Simsville experience since so much of the actual content is in the overseas stuff, but it does add a different variety of gameplay. I just wish it were more tightly integrated with the rest of the Sims 3 universe instead of shunting off a bunch of crap elsewhere. Of course, the benefit of it all being elsewhere is that I can still run it on this crappy laptop with no real video card.

/I want my Sim has to learn Sim-fu in order to fight those Mummies!
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 November 24, 03:20:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim-Fu video - my sim is the blue belt, this was part of an adventure quest.
http://tinypic.com/r/29dbxue/6

What's with the dude watching the fight?  It's like he's waiting for some hair-pulling and shirt tearing...or some mud wrestling  Cool
ScorpioMaurus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 November 24, 07:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sim-Fu video - my sim is the blue belt, this was part of an adventure quest.
http://tinypic.com/r/29dbxue/6

Okay now I have a question. My sim is level 10 in Martial Arts and when she fights there are green motion lines when they spar, Does that have to do with the fact that I have my Visual Effects on high or that she's level 10? Because I don't see those lines in this vid.

View My Video
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 07:22:55 by ScorpioMaurus » Logged
Kuroineko
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 November 24, 09:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay now I have a question. My sim is level 10 in Martial Arts and when she fights there are green motion lines when they spar, Does that have to do with the fact that I have my Visual Effects on high or that she's level 10? Because I don't see those lines in this vid.

View My Video
I read somewhere that the Disciplined trait affects that, tho I could be wrong. Does you sim have that trait?
ScorpioMaurus
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 November 24, 17:02:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes she does, Perhaps that explains it. I thought it was most likely a graphic setting or something but she does have that trait so maybe.

(Edit) I have confirmed that a sim without the disciplined trait does not have the green lines while fighting. Thanks for the info that would've really confused me I think.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 24, 21:45:49 by ScorpioMaurus » Logged
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 November 25, 09:48:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question:

I only want the new CAS sliders.  Not really interested in WA.  Do I have to purchase WA to get the sliders or are they in the latest patch?
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 November 25, 11:28:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, now that I've had a chance to get my game working long enough to actually play awhile, I'll go ahead and give my two cents worth. ^_^

Well, let me start off by saying, I love it! Sure it was buggy at first, buggy still, and will be buggy for awhile longer. But, for now it still seems well worth it. The countries are look wonderful, and its just so nice to see a change of atmosphere for the sims! I for once am impressed with EA's job at world creation and decor. Before now I always thought they just kinda "Dropped" a few trees here and there, threw stuff together, but it actually looks like they put in some effort! Usually its the player-created maps that always looked best to me. But after going through an egyptian tomb, looking at an underground desert oasis. I was like "Wow" I dont think I could replicate that if I tried...  (Though I've never been good at that sort of thing to begin with of course) And besides this, even the interior decor of some sims houses looks like an improvement. One house I visited in egypt, I remember my first thought upon scoping out the rooms, "Wow! The colors actually go together! It actually matches!" And perhaps its just me, but it seems EA put more time into sim-creation as well, the sims in WA dont look so much like they were hit with the "Random-ugly-generate" button.

But moving onto the gameplay, Im hooked on tomb exploration. ^_^ Honestly, when I downloaded WA, my only reason was for new items, new tools and new interactions. The tomb thing didnt look that interesting to me, (Except for the idea of making an underground torture chamber lol) I mean... it's the sims! If I wanted a dungeon adventure, I'd play something else. I don't play the sims because I wanna deal with puzzles and traps, and have "Levels to beat" But it turns out not at all what I thought.
     My favorite thing in TS3 was the "Item collecting" feature. I loved collecting gems and whatnot to display in my house. There's a *huge* amount of things to collect! And the fact you have to go through tombs and traps to get the best of them, makes it much more rewarding when you do complete a collection. I mean before, it seemed kinda lame before, my sim walking around town, "Oh a diamond!" (A lil' tune plays) "Oh! an emerald!" (Tune plays again) And for those who want your collections the easy way. There's always the relic shop to purchase vases and treasures without the effort.
      And of course, the other thing I loved, was collecting "Fragments" of special items, such as divewells, or sarcophagus where once you collect all the pieces you can "Re-construct" to have one to use in your own sim home! I have a basement where I store all of my treasures and love the way these look in there. And one last thing with the items, those "Treasure chests" that your sim hunts down in ancient tombs, they can be bought from a merchant in town. They work as "Item storage"!  I always hated having my sim-inventory full, having to scroll through rows and rows of items just to find a book i wanted my sim to read. But I didnt have the space to just "Display" everything before. Now I can drag pretty much everything to store inside my treasure chest for safekeeping.

One more thing. That new "buydebug" cheat. It is a godsend in itself. I can place tomb objects in my very own sim home, and have access to other hidden objects. Before WA I downloaded bug/gem/seed spawners, (Forgot who they were from) but the one problem I had, was that once I placed them, because they had to be invisible, I couldnt remove them. With buydebug, I have access to all the spawners. While in buy/build mode, they show up as large white blocks. When I go into live mode, they're invisible. I can buy fully grown plants and place them wherever I like, to have a community lot garden, I no longer have to have a sim manually plant everything. I can even set up a community garden to be filled with full grown omni plants.

Sorry this was so long. But if those bugs could be fixed, I'd definitely be willing to pay for WA. And plan on doing so.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: