More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 21:55:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod is not yet compatible with the expansion Pack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod is not yet compatible with the expansion Pack  (Read 115968 times)
lbw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Warning message
« Reply #25 on: 2009 November 18, 18:49:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, i didnt buy the expansion but my game is set to install updates automatically and installed patch 1.6. Patch 1.6 didnt work as i didnt have the expansion, so i had to unistall my game and reinstall it to get it to work again! It worked until i installed another version of the awesome mod as my last one expired and this started to come up;
Non-critical core mismatched! A core file of the Awesome Mod does not reach expectation. This could be a file mismatch or another third party hack.

Or something like that, then the game crashes
It does that everytime and its not any other hacks as i deleted everything apart from the awesome mod!
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
Re: Warning message
« Reply #26 on: 2009 November 18, 18:52:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you install the expansion pack and keep awesomemod in, your game is fubared. Please read other forum threads on this issue. If that is not your issue, I have no idéa what you are talking about.

- INTJ -
Sabrewulf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod and Expansion Pack not compatible
« Reply #27 on: 2009 November 18, 18:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was pretty sure awesomemod was not going to interact nicely with the new patch/expansion so I made a backup of my favourite main neighborhood.

When you get done over a couple of times by the sims you really do learn to take precautions.

I think I'll have to make do with one of my other neighborhoods (Riverview) for the moment since I don't really care what happens to my sims much in that neighborhood.
lbw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 November 18, 18:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont have the expansion pack :S

and patch 1.6 only works with the expansion pack, or so i've heard.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 November 18, 19:09:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont have the expansion pack :S

and patch 1.6 only works with the expansion pack, or so i've heard.

You heard wrong.
lbw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 November 18, 19:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well it doesnt work in my game :/
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 November 18, 19:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are getting error code 16, just use "save as. EA is working on a solution as always.
And when did this little tradition start? Today?
Tingeling
Malodorous Moron

- Big Cat AIDE - and proud of it!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 November 18, 19:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The patch is mainly for those who don't want the whole expansion but still wants to utilize the new shinies, such as the basement tool. It is known to not install correctly and create all sorts of problems, i.e. it is behaving badly. I suggest that you search the forum for advice, as there are a few threads about it floating around.

- INTJ -
lbw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 November 18, 19:20:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, thanks Smiley
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 November 18, 19:21:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you haven't done it by now, you might want to change your settings so the game doesn't install updates automatically.  It's been the case in the past that patches can bork things even further, or may be incompatible with mods you are using.  If you're not ready for your game to be patched, it can be a real pain in the ass.

It does that everytime and its not any other hacks as i deleted everything apart from the awesome mod!
Did you delete the framework file that is required for hacks and custom content to work?  You know, the Resource.cfg file that you installed in the beginning, or that was installed for you if use the helper monkey?  It should be located in Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Files.  If it's not there, then you need to set it up again.  After that, if it still doesn't work, I dunno.   Undecided
Zhivan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 November 18, 19:26:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you are getting error code 16, just use "save as. EA is working on a solution as always.
And when did this little tradition start? Today?

Honestly, each EA patch and update should be required to list dire side effects like the prescription drug commercials, "May cause migranes, dizziness and sudden loss of bowel control...", "Okay, I'm not sneezing, but I've got the worst headache ever, have soiled my britches and have fallen down in traffic."
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 November 18, 19:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to be clear: Awesomemod is currently incompatible with the most recent patch (1.6) and the EP. I was unclear from your first post if you tried to play with both AM and the patch installed, so I just wanted to put that out there.

I sing along with elevator music.
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 November 18, 20:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its generally a given that before installing an expansion, you should take out all your custom content, in particular, your mods.
lbw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 November 18, 20:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well i've decided to unistall the awesome mod to see if that works, i deleted it but the problem still persists, is there anything else i could do?
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 November 18, 21:35:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean you're still getting this message?
"Non-critical core mismatched! A core file of the Awesome Mod does not reach expectation. This could be a file mismatch or another third party hack."
Then Awesomemod is still installed.  First, try deleting the cache files in The Sims 3 my documents folder.  Then, make sure awesome.package and if you have one, aweconf.package are not in your TS3/Mods/Packages folder or in any sub folders you may have created.  They shouldn't be if you uninstalled aka deleted them, but I don't know why else you'd still be getting error messages from Awesomemod if there wasn't some part of it left.
thenightgaunt
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 November 18, 21:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to create an entirely new utility just to MAKE it compatible, so expect it to take awhile. The first expansion shakedown will be the hardest, and the task will likely go faster next expansion when the infrastructure is laid down.

I would just like to say that I really appreciate the fact that you appear to be moving faster to deal with this issue than the guys over at EA. Let me just say, Well done. ^_^
lbw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 November 18, 21:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just done that and run a search for awesome and deleted all of them and it still comes up with that message
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 November 18, 23:05:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Were any of your sims in SC mode when you last saved and exited?  I believe if you have sims in SC, then you will have a world of problems when you remove AM.

I would suggest you uninstall the game, then manually make sure ALL of the relevant folders and files have been removed, then re-install, and DO NOT try using a saved game, but start fresh, and then let us know if you still get the same issue.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
jenreth
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 November 19, 00:07:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I've been getting that too.

Didn't play in ages, when I did it auto updated new patch. everything went pathoohey (indiemod and awesomemod) so i uninstalled my games, went back to base game no patch, that's when I start to get this message... and I only have awesome mod installed, so not sure what it can be conflicting with. working on installing one of the intermediary patches as someone said awesomemod needed at least one...

kjs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 November 19, 00:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same issue.
I'm currently running the base game (I uninstalled and reinstalled the game)
I deleted the awesomemod file, *cache.package files
but it's still there.

I have this problem with all my installed content. I have tried deleting tons of stuff, but with no results  Huh

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 November 19, 00:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod is designed for 132/146. Using it with any other versions will result in badness, so don't do that. That particular warning will pop up because a version check on the files reveals a mismatch, in this case, because you are running a version of the game that is either too old, or not supported yet.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chann
Corpulent Cretin

TS3: an "eye-opening tour de farce" (sic)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: 2009 November 19, 01:01:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The file check also picks up a mismatch on Rick's enablescripterror_1.3.24.package - I've been using it for debugging and just started getting the popup after updating recently. It's not a big deal though, I know the repercussions and how it's a partial core mod.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 November 19, 01:12:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The file check also picks up a mismatch on Rick's enablescripterror_1.3.24.package - I've been using it for debugging and just started getting the popup after updating recently. It's not a big deal though, I know the repercussions and how it's a partial core mod.
Yes, I added that so that it would detect out-of-date malfunctions. It is, however, an overrideable condition, so you can simply ignore it if you know WHY it's happening.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
captaincaliena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 November 19, 01:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would just like to say that I really appreciate the fact that you appear to be moving faster to deal with this issue than the guys over at EA. Let me just say, Well done. ^_^

Pescado is pretty awesome (no pun intended) like that.  I'm going to miss the facial slider hack that came with awesome mod.  Looks like I'm gonna have pudding Sims for a while.
kjs
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 November 19, 02:06:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod is designed for 132/146. Using it with any other versions will result in badness, so don't do that. That particular warning will pop up because a version check on the files reveals a mismatch, in this case, because you are running a version of the game that is either too old, or not supported yet.
but does anyone know why I can't uninstall awesomemod?

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: