More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 17:33:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomemod is not yet compatible with the expansion Pack
0 Members and 8 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomemod is not yet compatible with the expansion Pack  (Read 116925 times)
afcb_gayle
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod is not yet compatible with the expansion Pack
« Reply #125 on: 2009 November 21, 18:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol I installed World Adventures and took out AwesomeMod so I could play it, the only only only only problem I have encountered is when I tell my sim who is a writer to write a new book, he will just stand by the computer, and the thing from the que will disappear. That is the single problem I have found. Yay for me!

I had that after the 1.6 patch autoinstalled, I removed all the make x more fun hacks I had in and it cleared it so check if you have anything like that installed still.  WA was not released in the UK until the 20th but I never bother installing an expansion until Pes has had time to do his thing and fix whatever EA has broken, I'm happy to wait for as long as it takes him, it's just easier and safer that way!

Owlbear
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2009 November 21, 21:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And why has EA not come to Pescado on bended knee, promising him anything necessary if only he'll head up their patch team?

Oh, because they suck.  Right.

I find it wildly amusing that someone who claims to be famously mean and nasty regularly makes thousands of strangers happy. Grin

Thanks for Awesomemod, without which I -- like so many others -- would not still be playing The Sims and thus would not have bought their expansion pack.

Nightwish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2009 November 21, 21:39:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And why has EA not come to Pescado on bended knee, promising him anything necessary if only he'll head up their patch team?

Well, they're not suck at all... They brought to us Sims 3 with worst story driver ever... but they create Sims 3 Wink If EA wouldn't do that, then Pescado must write all Sims 3 from basics Grin But happily the only thing he should do now is create good story driver + fix EAxian stupid ideas implemented in the game Grin Maybe someday they employ Pescado and next EPs will have Awesomemod built in. Let's hope so Wink

By the way... Finally after over month of waiting, I have my own Worlds Adventures DVD on my desk... (Yeah, I know the world premiere is 17 of november but official premiere in Poland is 20 of november... why this country is always last???) and now I must get more patience and wait for AM compatible...
Greetings El Presidente, the whole group of hungry-for-adventures players waiting!  Grin
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2009 November 21, 22:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seems some of you forgot how long it took Pescado to make Awesomemod for the base game...

I know it's hard to play without it, but it's a necessary evil to wait patiently. I'd rather play a working version than a broken one.
JanetteRaven
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2009 November 21, 22:51:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't live without awesome mod.  So much so I refuse to buy the expansion until awesome mod is compatible.
alaira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2009 November 21, 23:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Playing without awesomemod isn't as bad as I remembered.  I'm playing a new neighborhood to try out all the new features before I go back to my old save, once awesomemod gets re-released, so that way I get to try out the new EP without risking damaging my legacy.
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2009 November 22, 00:22:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no way I'd play without AM. I don't want my other families moving away, getting killed off randomly or having babies with random sims when I'm not looking. Plus, isn't the storymode off toggle still broken? That was the last thing I remember making me not want to play TS3 before I installed AM. I don't even pay attention to what they fix in patches anymore because I'm so used to having AM and not seeing normal bugs.
Mehra
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2009 November 22, 00:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find it wildly amusing that someone who claims to be famously mean and nasty regularly makes thousands of strangers happy. Grin

Thanks for Awesomemod, without which I -- like so many others -- would not still be playing The Sims and thus would not have bought their expansion pack.

I kind of thought the same. Cheesy  I may not agree with everything that goes on here, but he definitely makes thousands, if not more, happy with his work.  He definitely makes my game worth playing!

The chairs, the tables, all confused
We hear the words and must speak them
We take them and arrange them
But still... they will not be quiet
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2009 November 22, 01:37:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no way I'd play without AM. I don't want my other families moving away, getting killed off randomly or having babies with random sims when I'm not looking. Plus, isn't the storymode off toggle still broken? That was the last thing I remember making me not want to play TS3 before I installed AM. I don't even pay attention to what they fix in patches anymore because I'm so used to having AM and not seeing normal bugs.

EAxis actually fixed Storymode in one of their first patches. I prefer the awesomemod story driver with the rule of 6 mod that Pescado added for moar realism. Shame that the cdma/cd routing tweak causes bugs that makes the game unplayable with WA, making Sims who both want to go to the same place ignore the rules...
highpressure
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2009 November 22, 01:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't live without awesome mod.  So much so I refuse to buy the expansion until awesome mod is compatible.
That's me 1000 percent. That's why I will patiently, and happily wait until the next AM release. I refuse to move forward, and will play with my current settings, checking in periodically until Pescado gives the green light. I'm an AM addict! Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2009 November 22, 02:16:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EAxis actually fixed Storymode in one of their first patches. I prefer the awesomemod story driver with the rule of 6 mod that Pescado added for moar realism. Shame that the cdma/cd routing tweak causes bugs that makes the game unplayable with WA, making Sims who both want to go to the same place ignore the rules...
Yes, CSMA/CD needs a line added to work the patch. I have already performed the modification, so I will upload it soonish.

UPDATE: Fixed now.

Semistable state for AwesomeMod 1.7.9 base achieved. Testing now available in #grah.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 22, 06:20:49 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
guardianpegasus
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2009 November 22, 06:38:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be blunt, I think you're taking on too much, Pescado, and I do hope you 'filter' which requests you put into the mod and why. With each feature added it gets more difficult to tweak it in the future when something goes wrong in a patch or expansion. I fear you'll eventually burn yourself out or be left with a huge pile of stuff you won't know what to do with. There are still problems with the core gameplay experience that have not been addressed by EA, such as economics and autonomous job behavior even with storymode off and job progression off.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2009 November 22, 07:25:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado, I know you have a lot on your plate but there's a huge new EAxis bug (patch or WA, not sure as I have both) that seems to only be fixable by a core mod. The issue occurs when switching the active household. It causes the UI to just freeze permanently. Map tags aren't drawing when you first load the game either. This is rendering my game unplayable. I closed it because I got fed up.

Here's the exception:

simulating object is null
unable to obtain an interaction object

An element with the same key already exists in the dictionary.
#0: 0x00013 throw      in System.Collections.Generic.System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2:Add (Sims3.Gameplay.Core.Lot,Sims3.Gameplay.MapTags.LocationOpportunityMapTag) (0BA96EA0 [0D02FC40] [0B9B1730] )
#1: 0x0011d callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.MapTags.Sims3.Gameplay.MapTags.MapTagManager:Reset () ()
#2: 0x00020 call       in Sims3.Gameplay.MapTags.Sims3.Gameplay.MapTags.MapTagManager:.ctor (Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim) (0BADC0A0 [1BA13000] )
#3: 0x00007 newobj     in Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim:SetupSelectableSimManagers () ()
#4: 0x00006 call       in Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim:OnBecameSelectable () ()
#5: 0x0007a callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Core.Sims3.Gameplay.Core.PlumbBob:CheckForChangeInActiveHousehold (Sims3.Gameplay.CAS.Household,bool) ([0C1AB4E0] [1] )
#6: 0x00120 call       in Sims3.Gameplay.Core.Sims3.Gameplay.Core.PlumbBob:DoSelectActor (Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim,bool) ([1BA13330] [1] )
#7: 0x00005 call       in Sims3.Gameplay.Core.Sims3.Gameplay.Core.PlumbBob:ForceSelectActor (Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim) ([1BA13330] )
#8: 0x00080 call       in NRaas.StoryProgressionSpace.Managers.NRaas.StoryProgressionSpace.Managers.ManagerSim:Select (Sims3.Gameplay.Actors.Sim) (0CC82080 [1BA13330] )
#9: 0x00017 callvirt   in NRaas.StoryProgressionSpace.Interactions.NRaas.StoryProgressionSpace.Interactions.SelectSim:Run () ()
#10: 0x00079 callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.Sims3.Gameplay.Interactions.InteractionInstance:RunInteractionWithoutCleanup () ()
#11: 0x0000c callvirt   in Sims3.Gameplay.Sims3.Gameplay.ImmediateInteractionTask:Simulate () ()

I think I see the code fail on line 2? And yes I do have that story progression mod there but it occurs even without it or any other mods. This is a non awesome mod neighborhood as well. Twallan explained it occurs when someone in the newly selected house has a dead relative with no gravestone. I think he may be correct as the Carpenter-Rhodes house I start in as well as the one I try to switch to has stiffs with no stones, hence why map tags also aren't drawing on load. I tried respawning them but they won't respawn. If you need to recreate it, try switching from a family to the Shallow household in Riverview.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 22, 08:00:52 by Chain_Reaction » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2009 November 22, 07:56:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Known bug, been there for ages, fix is part of AwesomeMod.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
id
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2009 November 22, 11:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oops, I just had a nasty thought - the FPS limite always ran with the 3booter and hence Awesome Mod.  Have Eaxis fixed the "over-fpsing" or am I happily destroying my graphics card in playing the game?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2009 November 22, 11:12:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Destroying, perhaps. I hear nothing has changed there.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2009 November 22, 11:59:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

To be blunt, I think you're taking on too much, Pescado, and I do hope you 'filter' which requests you put into the mod and why.

If you had been following the now locked request thread, you would have noticed Pescado generally only acts on requests that he also sees of benefit.  He doesn't act on every request, and many requests, even some of the more recent ones, have previously been denied by Pescado for one reason or another, usually because either there are non-core XML tuning mods available to fulfill the requested function, or Pescado simply isn't interested in the function.
« Last Edit: 2009 November 22, 23:22:56 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Augustv
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2009 November 22, 15:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I didnt know it has been mentioned before. Ok then, thanks!

Babs, there is a request thread.  Please go take a look to make sure you're not asking Pescado something someone already has.  I would check there from now on to make sure requests that you want to make haven't already been asked or denied etc.  And all requests should go there  Smiley

Thanks!
snowbawl
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2009 November 22, 15:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I didnt know it has been mentioned before. Ok then, thanks!

Babs, there is a request thread.  Please go take a look to make sure you're not asking Pescado something someone already has.  I would check there from now on to make sure requests that you want to make haven't already been asked or denied etc.  And all requests should go there  Smiley

Thanks!

That thread has been locked.  That would be a good indication that requests are not being taken at this time.  As Pescado stated, there are "messes" to be dealt with, what with the new patch(es) and the expansion.  Priorities people.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2009 November 22, 16:18:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Destroying, perhaps. I hear nothing has changed there.

Does the FPS limiter need to be updated as well?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2009 November 22, 18:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Already has been, is now capable of launching TS3EP01 as well.

Blaze Ives
Asinine Airhead

I'm in yo forum eating yo white boxes with red x's

View Profile WWW
Re: Awesomemod and Expansion Pack not compatible
« Reply #146 on: 2009 November 22, 20:40:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ AlexanderMorgan:

This is extremley OT but I'm just wondering.

How did you make a Sim Avatar THAT MOVES?!?!

Ur mum lulz :]
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Awesomemod and Expansion Pack not compatible
« Reply #147 on: 2009 November 22, 21:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ AlexanderMorgan:

This is extremley OT but I'm just wondering.

How did you make a Sim Avatar THAT MOVES?!?!

On the off chance that you are actually being serious (as opposed to trolling) I would advise that you read this thread: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7437.0.html

Read it carefully and thoroughly and keep it in mind the next time you think it would be a good idea to post irrelevant nonsense outside of Retardo Land.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
Blaze Ives
Asinine Airhead

I'm in yo forum eating yo white boxes with red x's

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: 2009 November 22, 21:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I simply asked a simple question. I don't see some other super pressing conversation or an updated version of the AwesomeMod yet, so I thought that no horrible damage would be done by asking 1 question.

Ur mum lulz :]
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2009 November 22, 22:12:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's to a specific person, about something no one else can answer, and completely unrelated to anything in the thread, ask them though pm.  Your justification is irrelevant.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: