More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 10:30:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Married a cheerleader who always dresses as lama
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Married a cheerleader who always dresses as lama  (Read 13531 times)
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Married a cheerleader who always dresses as lama
« on: 2005 July 28, 07:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim married one of the cheerleaders, and whenever she visits another sim or appears downtown, she shows up in a lama outfit.  I gather this is to do with the game not properly realising she's no longer an NPC - is that right and is there anything that can be done about it?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Married a cheerleader who always dresses as lama
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 28, 07:13:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean other than hacking the character file in SimPE? No, not really.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 28, 14:07:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure that editing them in SimPE works either, unless there are hidden values that need changing.  One of my Sims is partnered-up with a llama mascot.  She's graduated and is still in the Greek House waiting for her time to be up and I'm now playing him through Uni.  He wears normal clothes when I'm controlling him, but every now and again he will turn-up in the dorms in his llama gear, even though I've removed all his NPC markers in SimPE.  Will be interesting to see what happens when he's an adult n the main neighbourhood.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 28, 14:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Removing all his NPC markers won't be complete: The NPC markers are much less important than his personal code. To access this, you have to open his individual character file in SimPE, then strip and replace all of his BHAVs with those of a "normal" sim. Otherwise, he'll still have his NPC codes that may not properly deactivate even with his no-longer-NPC status.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 28, 21:31:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe there's a way you could remove his llama suit from the wardrobe?

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 28, 22:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, doubt that would help. Firstly, the llama doesn't really come from a wardrobe, he just "wears" it. Secondly, I *WISH* things could be removed from the wardrobe. Then i could go and create the Salvation Army Dumpster.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 28, 23:28:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I suppose, if you can't do it, it can't be done!  So I guess the moral is, leave cheerleaders and mascots where they belong - in college!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 28, 23:46:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, pretty much. They're a very unusual form of NPC that continues to exhibit NPC behaviors even when not visiting as an NPC.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 29, 00:19:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And they're so darned annoying!  I zap them now!

If I want my sims to yell Gerbitz! all over the place, I can have a sports party!

Zephyr Zodiac
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 29, 02:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I wish I'd read this thread BEFORE I had one of my Sims marry a cheerleader - although she's now dropped out of Uni and is living back in the 'hood, she can still only wear YA clothes, although her age thingy (see - I know all the technical terms) shows her as being an adult...

Bloody hell, this game gives me the s#!ts sometimes ....  Grin

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 29, 02:14:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thing is, why is the cheerleader able to get married?  She should really be a YA, and they can't.  So Maxis presumably did not intend them to get married, but forgot to prevent them aging.

Zephyr Zodiac
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 29, 05:13:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good point Zephy. If you break it down, the cheerleader would have to age from YA to adult in order to get married. Are they bigger when they're an adult? If so, how does the Llama suit fit? But actually, from memory they are the same size - YA and adults. Hence they can kiss properly.

Oh well. Guess you just gotta grow to love Llama suits Dusty.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 29, 11:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, YAs and Adults have the same body, it's the face and voice that changes on maturity.  Just hope that this cheerleader wife will have normal kids!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 29, 15:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just hope that this cheerleader wife will have normal kids!
What a hilarious picture I got on reading this.  Little cheerleaders coming out of plumbobs waving things and shouting "Gerbitz" or "Kerbitz" or whatever it is they shout.  Cheerleaders are an anathema to me, never did understand them.  No such thing where I come from, thank goodness.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 29, 15:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheerleaders are an anathema to me, never did understand them.  No such thing where I come from, thank goodness.
I'd have to agree. The theory goes that cheerleaders are supposed to improve the morale of your team, but I don't see how a team of women screeching like banshees is going to improve morale. Maybe if they screeched at the OPPOSING team, I could see this working, but otherwise, I don't see how bleeding eardrums and brain aneurysms helps your team at all.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 29, 18:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that case, could you perhaps devise a way to prevent the spread of Cheerleaderitis around the rest of the world?

Zephyr Zodiac
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 July 29, 19:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim married one of the cheerleaders, and whenever she visits another sim or appears downtown, she shows up in a lama outfit.  I gather this is to do with the game not properly realising she's no longer an NPC - is that right and is there anything that can be done about it?

Have you tried my casual NPC hack? I posted that somewhere on the MTS2 site.

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 July 29, 20:28:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the llama outfit the "School Mascot" can't-see-the-face outfit, or the job outfit? Because sims wear their job outfits around a lot of the time when they're visiting peoples houses. Haven't figured out why, but that could be the cause if it's the job outfit. Otherwise, I have no clue.
scoob
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 July 29, 21:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think if you leave a lot while a sim is in their work outfit or school clothes that's how they will roam the neighborhood. That is until you go back in and they change their clothes again.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 July 30, 01:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the help - I will see if I can find the casual NPC hack and see if it does anything.

It doesn't matter what I leave her in when I leave the lot, scoob, she still turns up elsewhere in the lama suit.  It's not that big a deal I guess, I will just avoid messing with the uni NPCs again. 

It's definitely the uni can't see the face mascot.  No one in that house is in the athletic career track (she's a criminal mastermind at the moment). 

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 July 30, 03:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was a cheerleader...the fans loved us.  Angry Angry Angry Angry

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 July 30, 04:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never got the point of an animal costume... How could you NOT walk into something and doom yourself into a big fireball that is visible from outer space? Not to mention all the heat inside of that heap of trash.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: