More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 06, 09:22:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Living Townie free and Explosion prevention
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Living Townie free and Explosion prevention  (Read 4744 times)
KatanaFoxx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Living Townie free and Explosion prevention
« on: 2005 July 27, 20:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm starting a new 'hood and I'd like to like townie free. I'm using a tutorial from MTS2 that allows the game to make new townies by deleting the characters from the Character folder and respawning them and the NPCs using BoolProp (This is done before any famlies are created.). If I use the no townie respawn hack and "forget"  bring back the townies with BoolProp can I live townie free with problems?

If that won't work how can I live without townies without have to kill them and have their files lingering in my folder.

While I'm at it my past two hoods have both been close to explosion 500+ and 850+ files each. How can I prevent whole crital mass thing in the future?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Living Townie free and Explosion prevention
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 27, 20:19:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Delete everything. Don't respawn anyone. The game will automatically attempt to create NPCs on demand. You don't need to do this. Have the anti-spawn hacks in place to prevent undesirable elements from spawning.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KatanaFoxx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 27, 20:25:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. I didn't know about NPCs on demand.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 27, 21:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I use the no townie respawn hack and "forget"  bring back the townies with BoolProp can I live townie free with problems?

Yes you can do this with deleteAllCharacters and no townie/dormie regen hacks.  You go to a comm lot, no one will be there but cashier if you have register on lot and your own sims.   If you have some sims that you like but don't have a story for at this time, you can add them to your game as townies w/Simlogical scrub or painting.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 19, 20:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so this is possible?  I can create a new neighborhood and Uni campus, then use the deleteallcharecters cheat to get rid of the "undesireables."  Go into Uni, populate it with 15 male and 15 female of my own creation.  They will be the founding mothers and fathers.  Smiley  But, the game will spawn repairmen, maids, gardeners, and other service NPC's when needed.  And I can choose to ignore them, of course.  Smiley

But, then again, when Nightlife comes out, I'll have my "virgin" neighborhood crawling with disco bunnies and lounge lizards and wanna-be Lestats, won't I?   Angry
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 19, 22:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Talking of respawning, I definitely have no hacks to prevent this, but I've noticed that my game hasn't replaced a single townie, even though a fair number of them have been married into the game.  I only have one townie teen left now that hasn't been to Uni and graduated and only because he'd once been made playable and changed to adult and has now been returned to being a townie teen.  At no point has the game replaced any of the teens, or the adults either for that matter.  The only townies that have ever been replaced have been SS members and they're not now because I have the hack to stop it.  And that isn't causing the lack of townie respawn, because I only put it in recently and I've been marrying-in townies almost since I first started playing.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 August 20, 23:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're lucky, I got some very nasty townies produced when I married some off or moved teens into a house and made them playable.  Very nasty indeed!

Zephyr Zodiac
Carmelita
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 August 20, 23:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have some sims that you like but don't have a story for at this time, you can add them to your game as townies w/Simlogical scrub or painting.

I have got to mess around with that painting a bit.  I didn't know it could do that.  I've just been using it to make all those stupid NPCs clear off.  I like the idea of having townies I made myself instead of those Maxis made mutants.

For someone who has nothing to complain about,
I'm pretty good at it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: