More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 16, 10:31:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  New Build of awsome mod causes my game to crash to desktop. NOT THE DON"T REPORT
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: New Build of awsome mod causes my game to crash to desktop. NOT THE DON"T REPORT  (Read 25451 times)
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: New Build of awsome mod causes my game to crash to desktop. NOT THE DON"T REPORT
« Reply #25 on: 2009 August 01, 12:06:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a little hope, but I will try to unset time first
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: New Build of awsome mod causes my game to crash to desktop. NOT THE DON"T REPORT
« Reply #26 on: 2009 August 01, 13:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ailias

I have an old (before the first EA patch came out) Awesome mod which I can e-mail you.  PM me if you want it.  I have not patched my game at all. 

Some people on this site are so *helpful* and *friendly* - not.   
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 August 01, 16:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an old (before the first EA patch came out) Awesome mod which I can e-mail you.  PM me if you want it.  I have not patched my game at all.  

Unless you hacked your old version to remove the expiry date check, this is not helpful either; your older version of the mod will still have the timebomb.

Setting the date on your computer back is probably the simplest solution.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: New Build of awsome mod causes my game to crash to desktop. NOT THE DON"T RE
« Reply #28 on: 2009 August 01, 17:20:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA Patch is reported to be very borked up I do not want to install it until they make it good.

Based on what? Hearsay?

Plenty of people have patched successfully but human nature being what it is the ones who have not are making much more noise than the ones who have.

A lot of the loudest noise is coming from the Exchange, MTS and TSR whose average users are quite frankly not the most savvy to begin with. And lord knows many in this community love an excuse to kermitflail.

Why don't you just try it? You won't lose you save games. Worst that can happen is you have to reinstall and just apply the first patch. Eh.

If you have troubles with it you can always ask around for a solution.

I swear all this hysteria over the patch is scaring off people from even trying to apply the damned thing when they don't even know if they'll have problems, they just think they will because they read a bunch of other people going on about it so.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 August 03, 08:14:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have an old (before the first EA patch came out) Awesome mod which I can e-mail you.  PM me if you want it.  I have not patched my game at all.  

Unless you hacked your old version to remove the expiry date check, this is not helpful either; your older version of the mod will still have the timebomb.

Setting the date on your computer back is probably the simplest solution.

I wouldn't know how to hack if my life depended on it.  My awesomemod still seems to be working perfectly, go figure. The mod I use most frequently - editsim in CAS is working fine.

Figwit
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 August 03, 12:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have patched two computers - a desktop and a laptop  - and have added the updated AM to both.  I have had no trouble at all.  I'm not trying to sound smug or be a smarty pants because there was really nothing to it.  I did not remove any saved games or cc or do anything special.  It just worked.  I'm speaking as a member of the silent majority and hopefully giving assurance that the patch is ok. Cheesy
Simmerqueen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 August 03, 15:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is fine too - patch + latest Awesome = great game (insofar as is possible right now).    Wink  Seriously, I have had zero issues with either one and removed nothing either before patching/adding latest AM.
rissajewel
Asinine Airhead

WTF!!!!! "hmmm nice!!! 'Oh

View Profile
Re: New Build of awsome mod causes my game to crash to desktop. NOT THE DON"T RE
« Reply #32 on: 2009 August 04, 08:15:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA Patch is reported to be very borked up I do not want to install it until they make it good.

Based on what? Hearsay?

Plenty of people have patched successfully but human nature being what it is the ones who have not are making much more noise than the ones who have.

A lot of the loudest noise is coming from the Exchange, MTS and TSR whose average users are quite frankly not the most savvy to begin with. And lord knows many in this community love an excuse to kermitflail.

Why don't you just try it? You won't lose you save games. Worst that can happen is you have to reinstall and just apply the first patch. Eh.

I swear all this hysteria over the patch is scaring off people from even trying to apply the damned thing when they don't even know if they'll have problems, they just think they will because they read a bunch of other people going on about it so.

Huh I don't really believe this is  true Awesome mode crashed my game (I now know because of reading the posts) that it is only compadible with the update (did not know the before hand so......) Anyway now that I know this I can move on to my problem........ Can you explain why my update failes at the end and won't install in game Huh  any help would be great  Grin
I tried as I said ,many times to no avail to update my game.......

Holding my head and winching for your bashing Grin

Thanks

Oh Man" where am I !!! 
WTF""""(hmmm nice)
'Oh Wait"!!!! Bartender where the hell is my DRINK!!!!
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 August 04, 08:28:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh I don't really believe this is  true Awesome mode crashed my game (I now know because of reading the posts) that it is only compadible with the update (did not know the before hand so......) Anyway now that I know this I can move on to my problem........ Can you explain why my update failes at the end and won't install in game Huh  any help would be great  Grin
I tried as I said ,many times to no avail to update my game.......

Holding my head and winching for your bashing Grin

Thanks

Try following the instructions in Motoki's post, here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16229.0.html

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

Why is a raven like a writing-desk?

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 August 04, 08:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of making a Thread on it.
and Since the title does say New build of awesome mod causes my game to crash to desktop.

I Just got the new build moments ago.
I try to launch the game, It does the half loads and craps out.
So I go get the Script error thing from the download thread.
I thought that helped cause I got into the game more.... Well.

Right as I click the save to play it crashes again.

Has this been reported yet and is there a fix?
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 August 04, 08:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and Since the title does say New build of awesome mod causes my game to crash to desktop.
Take the "enablescripterror" package out and try the 3-booter.  That is the program that just keeps restarting the game, which hopefully will make it work.  I am using this routinely now and having no problems launching the game.  The other is more for programmers to see what is happening and does not affect launching.

And, if that doesn't work, try the suggestions here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16229.0.html
« Last Edit: 2009 August 04, 08:45:05 by coconnor » Logged

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 August 04, 08:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Take the "enablescripterror" package out and try the 3-booter.  That is the program that just keeps restarting the game, which hopefully will make it work.  I am using this routinely now and having no problems launching the game.  The other is more for programmers to see what is happening and does not affect launching.

And, if that doesn't work, try the suggestions here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16229.0.html
Thank you!
I had tried everything on that post, I was reading it before You posted here.
When I removed the Scripterror one it started to run again. Joy.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 04, 09:33:10 by Larku » Logged
Ailias
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 August 05, 16:07:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Setting the date on your computer back is probably the simplest solution
Thank you, it works, I can use old safe awesome and play with no problems with fun.

Now I have to set it back every week.

Based on what? Hearsay?

Info from snootysims.com. I trust this site.

I'm sure that patch compartible awesome will crash my game. I'm just SURE. I'm unlucky.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 August 05, 17:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Info from snootysims.com. I trust this site.

Snootysims has long been known to posts rumors and unsubstantiated information. What is their hard evidence that the patch is causing problems other than conflicts with various custom content and mods that have not been updated to work with the patch or just plain user error?

I'm sure that patch compartible awesome will crash my game. I'm just SURE. I'm unlucky.

That's fine. Some people are born with the unlucky trait. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Larku
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 August 07, 00:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With snootysims it's mixed on rather information is correct.
Every site has sometimes rumors that are false.

You just have to take everything with a grain of salt. Even with this site.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: