More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 22:43:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.3 Released
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.3 Released  (Read 105421 times)
Shaprepenr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
Re: Patch 1.3 Released
« Reply #50 on: 2009 July 29, 06:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Already noticed an audio issue with the game. I'm not sure if this has to do with AwesomeMod and Indie running with the new patch but when walls are up and you are in a room, all audio from that room sounds as if it is coming from the next room. To make it clearer: Usually when a sim is running on the tredmill, in that room the audio is loud and clear, but next door the audio is lower and muffled because the walls are blocking the sound. However with the new patch, when the walls are up, if you are in the room, it sounds like you are next door; and when you are next door, it sounds like you are in the room with the tredmill. Make sense?

Quote from: The Sims 3 Update Readme
Addressed an issue where distant audio could occasionally be heard while the player is focused on a Sim is inside their own home.
I think this has to do with it. I think EAxis maybe fucked up? If walls are up everything sounds muffled. Can someone please confirm to see if I'm not the only one?
« Last Edit: 2009 July 29, 06:17:57 by Shaprepenr » Logged

•I'm a social--
•--Butterfly?
•No. Watermellon.
•Then socially speaking; I am going to eat you.
whistlrr
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009 July 29, 07:16:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

according to my my rtpatch.log (located simply by running a file search for 'rtpatch.log') patching is getting hung up here:

Applying DFC Update for 'Gamedata\Shared\NonPackaged\Library\Baker.package'
Error: err0031 - Invalid file found

I've never replaced or messed with the baker.package. I have one there anyway (went looking), no idea what the problem is or how to fix it. I have a legit purchased EA downloadable form of the game.

Do you think I'm going to have to reinstall just to get this sorted?

nevermind, found the answer here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16097.msg464350.html#msg464350
« Last Edit: 2009 July 29, 08:02:02 by whistlrr » Logged
zepherine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009 July 29, 08:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, all.  I attempted to install this patch last night, and was unsuccessful, as I had forgotten that I overwrote the original "VideoCamera.ini" file.  Also, I failed to back up this original file.

This failed installation has made it impossible for me to play, patch, or uninstall my game.  I would be grateful if one of you could kindly upload a copy of the original  "VideoCamera.ini," which, I hope, will solve the problem.

And thank you all for your constant help and advice of which I have so often availed myself, without ever telling you all how much your forum really means to me, and for those mods without which the game would not be endurable.
Simius
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2009 July 29, 08:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, all.  I attempted to install this patch last night, and was unsuccessful, as I had forgotten that I overwrote the original "VideoCamera.ini" file.  Also, I failed to back up this original file.

This failed installation has made it impossible for me to play, patch, or uninstall my game.  I would be grateful if one of you could kindly upload a copy of the original  "VideoCamera.ini," which, I hope, will solve the problem.

And thank you all for your constant help and advice of which I have so often availed myself, without ever telling you all how much your forum really means to me, and for those mods without which the game would not be endurable.
The file should be on your cd... So just copy it from there.  (or if you downloaded the game obviously it would be in the iso file...)
zepherine
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009 July 29, 09:02:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simius, thank you.  I found the file and it fixed my problem.

The file should be on your cd... So just copy it from there.  (or if you downloaded the game obviously it would be in the iso file...)

Thank you, Simius, I found it, and it fixed my problem.
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2009 July 29, 12:22:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims can no longer "Try for Baby" with the Grim Reaper.
What a shame.  Sad
What? I thought that was an actual feature!

God dang it, EAxis. Listen to the people for once, not your corporate bosses.
Anshin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009 July 29, 13:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

UPDATE - The new version of AwesomeMod fixes the route failure problems. Thanks Pescado!

Motoki - Thanks for the link!

Sims can no longer "Try for Baby" with the Grim Reaper.
What a shame.  Sad
What? I thought that was an actual feature!
Now we'll need a mod to put that feature back in. WTH EA.
jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2009 July 29, 14:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, THIS is a patch, no the 7 fixes exe we got weeks ago  Roll Eyes

Although, I'm a bit afraid that most of the mods don't work properly now Undecided

Nothing to see here.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2009 July 29, 14:49:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am unable to patch. I bought the game. I have replaced the shaders file and the Videocamera.ini file. I've searched for rtpatch.log, to see what its upset about, but it does not exist on my computer. Any ideas?

**edit** NM, I forgot to revert my TSLhost.dll file. And I was eventually able to find my rtpatch.log file, but not by searching. I instead had to manually search all my temp folders which is how I found out that the TSLhost was the problem.

** thanks to you below, luckily I found it in C:\Users\**me**\AppData\Local\Temp\{6D03702E (more stuff that wouldn't copy)
« Last Edit: 2009 July 29, 15:16:01 by gethane » Logged

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
catalana
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009 July 29, 15:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am unable to patch. I bought the game. I have replaced the shaders file and the Videocamera.ini file. I've searched for rtpatch.log, to see what its upset about, but it does not exist on my computer. Any ideas?

Make sure you are searching hidden files and folders too.  Mine was located under C:\Documents and Settings\MyFiles\Local Settings\Temp\{3897403E-73D3-4283-B421-5A99DA7AACFD} .  Local Settings is a hidden folder and it's contents won't show up unless you are searching hidden folders as well.
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009 July 29, 15:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a side note, I'm guessing lots of peeps are asking themselves this as well:
Should we wait until we are rock solid that they are compatible with most (awesome) major mods?

Or should we dig in?
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2009 July 29, 16:28:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those who are having troubles due to overwritten game files, try making a habit of keeping the original files in the original location with a .off extension so they can be easily searched and swapped back.  It's simpler than trying to remember changes and hunt down original files later on.
That Eighties Guy
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009 July 29, 17:14:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only mods which must be updated are core mods, and Awesomemod was updated.

Does that mean Awesomemod (Which is a Core) and Indie will, or will not work together?
I'm simply too non-awesome to disregard the search button for now.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009 July 29, 17:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those who are having troubles due to overwritten game files, try making a habit of keeping the original files in the original location with a .off extension so they can be easily searched and swapped back.  It's simpler than trying to remember changes and hunt down original files later on.

Whenever I replace something, I simply zip the original first (is easier on OS X since you don't even need to type, only rightclick -- apart from the fact that it saves space for stuff you're not actually using).

OS X question: it is driving me batty that stupid Spotlight seems unable to search for stuff inside .apps; does anyone know of a workaround/alternative for that? Would make it easier to actually *search* for those zipped files, instead of having to look for them (as in eyeball).
Gastfyr
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2009 July 29, 17:18:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only mods which must be updated are core mods, and Awesomemod was updated.

Does that mean Awesomemod (Which is a Core) and Indie will, or will not work together?
I'm simply too non-awesome to disregard the search button for now.
Pes says IndieMod will work with Awesomemod and the new patch.  I assume he knows what he's talking about.   lol

TS3: it's really cool if you don't look too closely! - bottles
huntgod
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2009 July 29, 17:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am getting the error as well, found my patch log and this was the problem.

Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\Shaders_Win32.precomp'

Problem being i don't recall ever altering or modifying that file...any clues?
mistyk
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2009 July 29, 18:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am getting the error as well, found my patch log and this was the problem.

Applying DFC Update for 'Game\Bin\Shaders_Win32.precomp'

Problem being i don't recall ever altering or modifying that file...any clues?

That is the file that would be replaced for the censor blur remover, if you removed the blur (without using Rick's no mosaic mod), then you have changed that file.

Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2009 July 29, 18:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else-- especially those of us who don't have Sims 3 and are hanging out here only for the spectator value--find it hysterical that they're now advertising their fix for the Story Progression problems after spending the last two months touting it as a "feature" and fun, Fun, FUN! ?

Wink
Leticron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2009 July 29, 18:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shaders_Win32.precomp was altered to get rid of the censorblocks (at least before uncensor.mod was available).
So if you don't have the censor you must have exchanged the file Cheesy Cheesy

Quote from: rosess
For those who are having troubles due to overwritten game files, try making a habit of keeping the original files in the original location with a .off extension so they can be easily searched and swapped back.  It's simpler than trying to remember changes and hunt down original files later on.

I just rename anything that's going to be replaced like this TS3.exe.org and during patching I rename the exchanged files like this: TS3.exe.crk
That way not only do I have all files in the correct directory, but as well you can see at once, what has been replaced.

-le
Lisen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2009 July 29, 18:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just a note:
I temporaily removed my mod-file and installed the patch.
I hav awesome (the today post), Indie, nointro and nomosaic hacks.
I cleared the four cache-files and installed the mods.
The program started without problems but when I click the lot I want to play I have a CTD.
After romoving the enablescripterror.package the game works without problem for now (one hour playing different lots)
Just want to tell... Grin
masonxxx
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2009 July 29, 19:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

some can upload the BIN folder U.S. region
only with the update 1.3 applied PLEASE *.*

Keksich
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2009 July 29, 19:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Original TSLHost.dll: http://www.2shared.com/file/6515138/367ff3ea/TSLHost.html
By the way, what's with the crack? Shouldn't we wait until the crack is updated to newest version?
« Last Edit: 2009 July 29, 20:03:04 by Keksich » Logged

"Your weapons are no match for ours! People of Mars, surrender!"
"Um, this isn't Mars. This is Earth."
"Earth? Earth-with-nuclear-weapons Earth?"
"Yes."

"Friend!!"
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2009 July 29, 20:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fuck, I have replaced, replaced, and replaced the gameplay.package file because that's what's throwing errors (according to the log), and it's still giving off errors.  I guess I need to redo the whole lot of Bin?  I didn't have this much trouble with the last craptastic patch.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
Heather
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2009 July 29, 22:21:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look in your temp folder for a directory with an alfanumeric string (for me {E1F84AB6-D46A-43C7-A056-D3C7795DBB21}), and read the rtpatch.log file. It will tell you what file it crapped out on.
This is my problem, but no matter the source, (have tried using the file from cd, from download, etc) the installer is hating on Sims3GDF.dll . Oy.

INVALID FILEEEEE x 34234234234
Tenjho
Blathering Buffoon

ENTP. Shall I run now?

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2009 July 29, 23:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone seeing any changes since installing the patch? i mean, my deeds aren't stacking and my sims still don't bathe til they get the whatever it was buff..... Is it just me?

What\'s the use of happiness? It can\'t buy you money.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: