More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:39:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Other Games?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Other Games?  (Read 47087 times)
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
Other Games?
« on: 2005 July 15, 15:53:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone here play games other than the Sims 2? And does anyone mod games other than Sims?

I play an occasional hour or two of Diablo 2 or Diablo (D1 is better.) and whatever my little brother happens to have on my desktop. I also play Sim City, but I haven't been able to do that for a while because the CD is cracked and I haven't wanted to buy a new one. Oh, and recently I've been playing City of Heroes. But mostly I'm a simmer.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
Re: Other Games?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 15, 16:00:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Primarily I like games that involve some amount of ordinance--James Bond is always great (fan of the movies first), and I've taken to Grand Theft Auto ever since I turned 17.  Racing games are fun, but whenever I'm in control, the cars always suffer from violent virtual axle meltdowns, and spin completely out of control when I do so much as run into a stop sign or random pedestrians.

I'm a big Sci Fi fan, so I have a lot of Star Trek/Wars games, and an waiting for the Stargate game to come out in the fall (SG-1 and Atlantis are my favorite TV shows).

The only thing I don't play are sports games, the reason being that in real life I suck horribly at sports, so I figure that in video game sports, I will manage to set the entire stadium on fire and cause my team to lost by something like 8 million points in the first quarter.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
Akharra
Corpulent Cretin

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 15, 17:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play Sims and 1602 and 1503...I like games without much violence.

Formerly known as Tess.

All those that believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 15, 17:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Doom 3, Half-Life 2 and Battle for Middle Earth (you know, really violent games).  Grin

Sims is like taking a break from playing. Let the computer play with itself for a while if you know what I mean.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 15, 17:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Letting the computer play itself only works if you have Macrotastics. Tongue Otherwise the Sim AI is so retarded that I'm ultimately forced to intervene, pretty much constantly. Me, I play all sorts of stuff. My latest thing is Pirates!. For some reason it's strangely addictive despite how repetitive it is.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jaayar
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 15, 17:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other ganes?
I am afraid that I do not understand this concept of other games.

When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount.
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 15, 18:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh. Pirates. That's supposed to be a pretty good game. Is it the new version or the old version? (I think there are two, the latest by Sid Meiers. Could be wrong, though.)
striker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 15, 18:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides Sims2, the other game i'm playing at the moment is Microsoft Freelancer MultiPlayer.  I'm playing the Asgard Mod v3.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 15, 18:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play a bit of Sid Oh Look At Me I Am So Cool I Have My Name In A Game Title Meier's Pirates! now and then (although it's just a couple of minigames in sequence, it is a lot of fun). Also trying my hand at GTA:San Andreas, and Crusader Kings.
I'm thinking of starting a new campaign in Victoria, but Paradox games are even more addictive than The Sims...
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 15, 20:53:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well I have some other games and I'm sure I will like them if I ever get around to installing them an stuff  Roll Eyes
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 15, 21:15:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, I love "girl games" LOL.  Ya know, the boring point and click adventures.... Longest Journey (NOT BORING!), Syberia, etc.  Story games, really.  I also loved No One Lives Forever and the Matrix game (which I actually played on a console).  I think I'd like Max Payne and Tomb Raider too if I had the time.

Chris

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 15, 21:24:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hummm.  I used to be a Tomb Raider Freak, but then I bought a real computer and Hubby bought me this cute little game, "The Sims Deluxe" for Christmas a few years ago and I forgot what Lara Croft looks like.  (And no, it is not Angelina Jolie).  Though I did make Lara as a sim, once.   Roll Eyes
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 15, 22:03:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't play any other PC games but The Sims2 but I play Mortal Kombat and Blood Omen on PS2.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 15, 22:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do believe that my computer would get up and leave if I installed anything else on it, but my daughter makes me play Metroid on her GC, where I regularly get wiped out at level 1 to 1 1/2 (okay, so I exaggerated a little, it's really level 2 to 2 1/2 :P)

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 15, 23:14:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Other... games?

In the past I was a Sonic girl, I still have the games knocking about, but never play. I've got Tomb Raider 3 and the Last Revalation on here, but again I never play. The Sims pretty much took over once I discovered it's existance. *shakes head* I did go through a SimCity 3000 phase when that came out, but I got rid of that...

A proud thread pirate.
InLieuOfFlowers
Tasty Tourist

Diving after (bugged, of course) bubblebath

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 15, 23:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played the new version of Pirates! for quite a while, but my cats hated the sounds that it generated, so I stopped.  Ok, so that's not really why...  it had more to do with finding Pescado's hacks, thus making Sims2 so much more interesting and enjoyable, or something along those lines. Smiley

I also enjoyed Meier's Civilization III.  I found that it's almost as addictive as Sims2. 

Down the road, I plan to play the copy World of Warcraft that my husband bought for me quite some time ago.  That is, I'll be playing it as soon as I can tear myself away from Sims2.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 July 16, 00:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I started playing ER a few weeks ago, and it was pretty fun.  It reminded me a bit of the Sims, but I misssed some of the control and I definitely wished I had macrtastics, hehe.  I got tired of Sims 2 for 1 or 2 days when I got frustrated with something and I played ER, but then I finally fixed whatever it was and I missed my sims when I was in ER!  So I haven't played it in a few days.  I like puzzle games like Zuma and Bubble shooter, but I don't really play a lot of "big" games except for the Sims.  When I first got my computer, I got a shareware version of "Jill of the Jungle" and I loved that.  It's one of the few games I actually played all the way through.  I got Jazz Jackrabbit from Epic Megagames, the same people that made Jill, and I liked it but got frustrated wtih it and gave up on it.  I saw the original Sims on Tech TV, I think it was, and I got my first copy of it that weekend, and the rest is history, as they say.  I could never get into the first person shooter games that my ex liked to play.  Games like Unreal literally make me dizzy and nauseous. 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 July 16, 00:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohh, my first game addiction was Tetris on the Game Boy.  Smiley

Is there any way to edit our posts?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 July 16, 00:18:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The modify button doesn't work?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 July 16, 00:21:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It probably would if I could see it, but I don't.  Where is it??

Wow it just appeared!!!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 July 16, 00:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's usually on the title of your post, quote/modify/etc? You don't see it?

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 July 16, 00:26:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I haven't been seeing it.  I just refreshed this page and saw them for the first time.  But it's gone again.  Sad
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 July 16, 00:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's usually on the title of your post, quote/modify/etc? You don't see it?

Rainbow's not blind.  I can't see it either.  And I wanted to edit an earlier post and just gave up trying to figure out how.

Chris Huh

edited to add:  of course, as soon as I posted this.... it magically appeared!  You trolling for idiots JM?  Toying with our minds?  heh.  Well, this post is modified anyway.

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
kim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2005 July 16, 00:53:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if i had time for other games, and disk space, flight simulator, (i crash real good) and train simulator( i crash real good) would be my first choices.  they were able to coexist with ts1 but ts2 is not willing to share.  yet. 
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 July 16, 01:15:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rainbow's not blind.  I can't see it either.  And I wanted to edit an earlier post and just gave up trying to figure out how.

Chris Huh

edited to add:  of course, as soon as I posted this.... it magically appeared!  You trolling for idiots JM?  Toying with our minds?  heh.  Well, this post is modified anyway.

Yah, I may be nearsighted, but I'm not blind (yet).  Cool
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: