More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:49:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  TOOL: 3Booter, the Incooperative Game Kicker
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TOOL: 3Booter, the Incooperative Game Kicker  (Read 583303 times)
Anshin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: TOOL: 3Booter, the Incooperative Game Kicker
« Reply #150 on: 2009 December 11, 14:25:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to apply FPSlimiter to the launcher? I'm clocking up to 1200 FPS when installing Sims3Pack files.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2009 December 11, 14:26:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You get frame rates in the launcher? The Launcher is not a 3D app and does not utilize your 3D card for anything, so it is harmless. Your 3D card should not overheat from anything the launcher does because the launcher is not a 3D app.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Anshin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: 2009 December 11, 14:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The actual launcher itself doesn't have a frame rate, but the background install loading screen (when it runs the mini-window of the plumbob loading screen then says "success!") ... according to FRAPS that does run with FPS. The major FPS numbers are all happening during the loading/shutdown sequences. With FPSlimiter installed the game is now safely capped, but there is no limiter on the Sims3Pack installer so I'm still getting crazy high numbers there.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2009 December 11, 15:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just pay no attention to that. It's not a 3D application and therefore can generate ridiculously high frame rates with no effect whatsoever, since it is not using your 3D card to do so. If you can actually manage to slag a computer doing just THAT, the computer was really defective to begin with.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
fishy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2009 December 13, 05:29:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any idea how to stop a large green font 30 from flickering when my sims 3 game is running? I presume its presenting my current fps, but the corner of the eye flickering is kind of annoying.
keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2009 December 13, 05:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any idea how to stop a large green font 30 from flickering when my sims 3 game is running? I presume its presenting my current fps, but the corner of the eye flickering is kind of annoying.

Usually, if I quit the game the first time the numbers show up and restart the game, the "large green font" doesn't show up. It can't hurt to try that.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2009 December 13, 05:38:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Push F10.

ioscream
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2009 December 14, 15:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

lol.. i don't know why that's funny.. seems like a RTFM answer.
Nin_the_Destroyer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2009 December 16, 04:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod isn't working for me. The game won't load at all. I installed 3Booter and it still won't work. I have Delphy's Framework Install Monkey as well.

My game version is only 2.0.8. So would that be the reason why it's not working?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 16, 17:44:44 by Nin_the_Destroyer » Logged
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: 2009 December 16, 21:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod isn't working for me. The game won't load at all. I installed 3Booter and it still won't work. I have Delphy's Framework Install Monkey as well.

My game version is only 2.0.8. So would that be the reason why it's not working?

Yes, that would be the reason.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2009 December 16, 21:37:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh so very restrained. Most elegant. I can barely hear the grinding and the gnashing of the teeth.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: 2009 December 16, 22:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh so very restrained. Most elegant. I can barely hear the grinding and the gnashing of the teeth.

Must be pretty loud, then, since I don't have my microphone on.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2009 December 16, 22:40:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cows chew very loudly, yes.

MsRaven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2009 December 18, 17:24:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the 3booter it is in the root directory but to no avail my game crashes and doesn't start up every single time...:-( I love awsomemod it is awsome work..But i can't play ..It feels like when awsomemod comes out with and updat sims3 comes out with a patch to keep  the mod from working well with it..
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2009 December 18, 21:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the 3booter. It is in the root directory, but to no avail. My game crashes and doesn't start up every single time... :-(. I love awsomemod. It is awsome work, but I can't play. It feels like when awsomemod comes out with and update, The Sims 3 comes out with a patch to keep the mod from working well with it..

Happy Grammar Day!
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2009 December 18, 22:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Further edit.  Happy Grammar Day!

I tried the 3booter, but to no avail.. It is in the root directory,. but to no avail My game crashes and doesn't start up every single time... :-(. I love awesomemod. It is awesome work, but I can't play. It feels like when awesomemod comes out with and update, The Sims 3 comes out with a patch to keep the mod from working well with it..

Happy Grammar Day!

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
kelleysnyder
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2009 December 19, 07:13:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having problems playing TS3 for weeks. I called Alienware and they said it was because too many people in our house were using wireless. EA games said I needed to update my Radeon Ati thingy, which I did. (Of course now that I did update, I get a message in-game telling me to update, which never happened before).

Anyway, I came across your thread here through TS3 and once I typed "fps on" in the cheat box, the numbers were between 150 and 300, and I totally freaked.

Downloaded the 3booter and fps limiter tonight and the number stays at 30, no lag or stuttering, and the damn game is working okay...(still worried about that in-game message though!).

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you. I shouldn't have to be a fuckin' rocket scientist to play TS3, I should be able to just load the damn game and play...but if that's the way EA wants it...

Thanks so much for all the info and the links...you are def more awesome than EA!
Grimma
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2009 December 19, 13:21:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having problems playing TS3 for weeks. I called Alienware and they said it was because too many people in our house were using wireless. EA games said I needed to update my Radeon Ati thingy, which I did. (Of course now that I did update, I get a message in-game telling me to update, which never happened before).

Anyway, I came across your thread here through TS3 and once I typed "fps on" in the cheat box, the numbers were between 150 and 300, and I totally freaked.

Downloaded the 3booter and fps limiter tonight and the number stays at 30, no lag or stuttering, and the damn game is working okay...(still worried about that in-game message though!).

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you. I shouldn't have to be a fuckin' rocket scientist to play TS3, I should be able to just load the damn game and play...but if that's the way EA wants it...

Thanks so much for all the info and the links...you are def more awesome than EA!

Thank you for sucking on Grammar Day 2009!

There is a thread especially for "thank you" posts, as well as a pretty little button. Please use that in future.

WARNING:PMs may be published if it contains butthurt or sporking which belong on the boards. And if I feel like it
geminia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2009 December 21, 23:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

:-\i just loaded my game after the latest patch and along with all the other issues i'm having with cc not showing up fps limiter is not working anymore... topping up to 600fps at CAS

NO TINYURLING THE DRAGONS! < ---- Pitty, but good to know anyway
geminia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2009 December 22, 00:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

gaah never mind that.... looks like for some reason rar extracted half of the files in the zip... *facepalm

NO TINYURLING THE DRAGONS! < ---- Pitty, but good to know anyway
dudejuztchillin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2009 December 22, 06:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

NEW UPDATE
Directions above have been revised: 3booter should be moved from game/bin to just the root install directory

This program, stripped down for TS3's purposes, will prevent this in combination with 3booter:
fpslimit.zip
Unzip into the same place you put 3booter, regardless of whether you actually follow directions properly.

I took 3booter out of the game/bin and placed it in the root install directory...  works fine.  I unzipped the fpslimit to the same place as 3booter.. root install directory.  But with fpslimit installed the game will not boot up.  I see a dos window flash open for a second but no game start up.  If I take out the fpslimit files and start the game with 3booter it starts up with no problem.

I tried seeing if the game would boot up if I took 3booter and fpslimit files out of the root install directory and placed them in the Game/Bin folder... same thing happens I see a dos window flash for a second then nothing but when I take out the fpslimit files and the game starts up fine by way of 3booter. 

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

I have tried 3 different FPS_Limiter downloads.... and also re-installed JAVA. None of them run. I get a quick "maybe 1 second" DOS window, then nothing at all.... :/
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2009 December 24, 16:21:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't even know I needed the FPS Limiter because I have an ancient video card (Radeon x1900) but after lots of CTDs I decided to try it out. It now runs steady at 60 fps and I haven't had any crashes in awhile now.
MsRaven
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2009 December 25, 15:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried the 3booter. It is in the root directory, but to no avail. My game crashes and doesn't start up every single time... :-(. I love awsomemod. It is awsome work, but I can't play. It feels like when awsomemod comes out with and update, The Sims 3 comes out with a patch to keep the mod from working well with it..

Happy Grammar Day!

Last I checked this is not school.... I am pretty sure I was understood as well. for some reason or another awsomemod doesn't work with sims3 no more even with these things that is supposed to make it work..I got the sims3  expansion and when using the awsomemod as directed the game does not load..Maybe someone has and answer for this problem..Reguardless of my "bad Grammar"..I learned one thing about people  is if they have nothing else to complain about they resort to trivial and  petty  stuff to feel their own egos in reality only makes the person look stupid and childlike.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2009 December 25, 19:47:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last I checked this is not school.... I am pretty sure I was understood as well. for some reason or another awsomemod doesn't work with sims3 no any more, even with (these things)? that is are supposed to make it work.. I got the sims3  expansion and when using the awsomemod as directed, the game does not load.. Maybe someone has and answer for this problem?.. Reguardless Regardless of my "bad Ggrammar".., I learned one thing about people;  is (that?) if they have nothing else to complain about, they resort to trivial and  petty  stuff to feel (feed?) their own egos. In reality (this?) only makes the person look stupid and childlike.

Blimey, I really couldn't do much with that last garbled section. I suspect it's intended as an insult, but as it's obviously written by a child, or a certified moron, consequently it's a little difficult to decipher. This may not be school, Missy, but the site FAQ will clearly show that grammar is important here. Read it.

A simple rule to start with, Missy, is 'one' full stop after every sentence and 'one' space after the full stop before the next sentence starts.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
nanacake
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2009 December 28, 00:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wanted to make a sort of request/suggestion on the plausibility of FPSlimter usage with CAW. More specifically, with edit town in-game mode to cap the frame rate. Is it possible at all to mod CAW to cap the FPS when it loads TS3 with a sort of CAW booter? Editing the map in-game for even a short time (30 minutes) causes my computer's temperatures to rise and graphical lag because the FPS is back to 93+.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: