More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:03:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722519 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Flagrant System Error (not AM's fault, but can AM fix this?)
« Reply #3125 on: 2011 October 24, 10:32:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If one of your sims leaves an item in consignment and it expires without selling, any sim trying to buy from the consignment store thereafter throws a Flagrant (index out of range). Cancelling the consignment makes the consignment store operate again.

Is this something AM can repair?
Consignment store awfulness is a topic that is due to be addressed in the future, since it is horribly written to begin with. Among the things I've noticed is that if you consign something, and then send someone else to the store to buy it, beause you want it for them, it's NOT THERE.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #3126 on: 2011 October 24, 12:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the consignment store b0rkedness: When you cancel unsold sculptures at the consignment store, most of the cancelled items do not go back to family inventory. Instead, they stuck in the Sim's personal inventory. You can't drag them back to the world. Either you have to consign and sell them again, or you have to nuke them.

I'm not sure if this bug have been fixed in Pets, as I didn't install the EP yet. Can anyone confirm it?

kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: 2011 October 24, 12:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would double check your framework and/or redownload them.

I redownloaded the framework, and went into aweconfig to make sure the DisableCDCheck value was marked "True," and it's still not working.

Are you running the game from TS3W.exe? That really can be the only thing left other than you're doing it wrong.
I'm experiencing the same issue, and did just that. It does not work, either.

For clarity:
- I have no other mods - not just "no other core mods", but "no other mods at all, not even 'nointro'".
- The framework is installed correctly (not that there is much to install), and was re-done less than twenty minutes ago.
- AM is located in the /mods/packages/ folder in the EA folder in My Documents, and was redownloaded less than twenty minutes ago.
- AM's configuration file is in the same folder as AM. It was redownloaded less than twenty minutes ago.
- Attempted to load using the batch updater that checks whether AM is the most current file, and also does those other nifty things like fps limiting. No dice, demands the CD.
- Attempted to load from the non-launcher executable in the /bin/ fiolder. No dice, demands the CD.

Does it show that FPS Limiter is opening TS3W.exe in the command box that opens up? I don't know if this has anything to do with it but have you installed Origin? It seems like everytime I turn my computer on the game is prompting me to do so, I won't, not for tin foil hat reasons, I just don't want/need it.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
sarsbar
Blathering Buffoon

Her friends, the wolves, stripped him naked.

View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: 2011 October 24, 14:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using the TS3W application, and I seemed to be doing things well enough up until 1.26 happened.  That being said, I'm going to see if a nice reinstall might make it shape up.

Quote from: J. M. Pescado
The reasonable man adapts himself to fit his environment, therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: 2011 October 24, 17:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

About the consignment store b0rkedness: When you cancel unsold sculptures at the consignment store, most of the cancelled items do not go back to family inventory. Instead, they stuck in the Sim's personal inventory. You can't drag them back to the world. Either you have to consign and sell them again, or you have to nuke them.
Consignment is kind of a mess, yes. If you have stuck items in your inventory, though, try "setconfig moveinventoryobjects true" to yank them out.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Wyn
Dimwitted Dunce

ENFJ. whupz.

View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: 2011 October 24, 21:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was using the TS3W application, and I seemed to be doing things well enough up until 1.26 happened.  That being said, I'm going to see if a nice reinstall might make it shape up.
Sars, I found that completely uninstalling every mod, redownloading AM and configuring it using the web-based configurer, and not using the AM-updating launcher works, and that using the launcher causes AM to break. Give it a test, report back with your findings.

<Kewian> I was desperate.
Silly Wyn!  He fucks the farm animals, they don't fuck him!  That would just be weird!
Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: 2011 October 24, 23:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I use the current version of awesomemod without Pets? I'm behind.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: 2011 October 25, 00:40:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pets is not needed, but the current version is for 1.26, the latest patch.

Nutshell
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: 2011 October 25, 15:31:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a noob, coming to ruin your day.

I was trying, and failing, to install awesomemod. Anyway, I've installed CC before (mostly CAS shit from MTS), have all the framework up correctly. I placed awesomemod in my packages folder, deleted the script cache, and I got this message.

Warning: Non-critical core mismatch! A core file not part of AwesomeMod does not match expected values. This could be the result of version mismatch or a third-party hack.

Anyway, it leads to live mode screwing up - the game recognises the sims actions, but the sim doesn't do it, like it doesn't recognise the sim. And CAS is all screwed up as well, giving me all the pretty menus but a blank blue screen. There's probably more issues, but I haven't checked it out fully. The game runs fine with all my CC in place without awesomemod, so I can presume the framework's all okay. I removed all of the CC, and tried installing awesome mod. I still get the same message, and the same problem. I've probably definitely been an idiot at some point.

I'm using the 1.24 version of awesomemod (this is the current version, no?), and I have the 1.26 patch on my game (I only have base game - no EPs). This is probably where the conflict is. I've checked the awesomemod download thread, but there's 1.26 version of it available to download. From what I've gathered, the 1.24 version of awesomemod is the most up to date version and should work with 1.26 (unless I'm wrong and I need to edit something simple in the package file somehow). Unless I've missed something bloody obvious. My patch could be faulty (but I doubt it) - in which case, anyone know how I would deal with that?

Yes, I've googled this about this for the past three days, and I really have tried to avoid spamming this place up with my nooby crap. I'm sorry.
Neowulf
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: 2011 October 25, 16:02:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most recent version of awesome is always in the first post of the download thread. Underneath the words "CURRENT VERSION:"

Flowing with the go.
Starler
Senator

Fun for the whole fambly.

View Profile
« Reply #3135 on: 2011 October 25, 16:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm using the 1.24 version of awesomemod (this is the current version, no?), and I have the 1.26 patch on my game (I only have base game - no EPs).
You are using the wrong version of Awesomemod. Check the WIP thread.

Keeping this here for when Titlights forgets that it doesn't have anything better to do than hang out at MATY.
Nutshell
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: 2011 October 25, 16:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most recent version of awesome is always in the first post of the download thread. Underneath the words "CURRENT VERSION:"

I figured that at first, but apparently that post hasn't been updated since 2010, according to the edit details.

I'll give it a shot.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: 2011 October 25, 17:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I figured that at first, but apparently that post hasn't been updated since 2010, according to the edit details.

I'll give it a shot.

The post hasn't been updated, the file has, check the time stamp.

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: 2011 October 25, 18:36:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really?  When I look at that thread it was last updated on 18 October 2011, with clear details about the 1.24 and 1.26 versions.  Try reading the thread next time.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3139 on: 2011 October 25, 21:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ATTN NOOBS.
If you look here: http://alpha.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/hax/ you can see AM and its current timestamp. Don't go by the post dates, Pescado doesn't announce every single update he does.
« Last Edit: 2011 October 26, 01:07:58 by Skadi » Logged

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: 2011 October 25, 22:22:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ATTN NOOBS.
If you look here: http://alpha.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/hax/ you can see AM and it's current timestamp. Don't go by the post dates, Pescado doesn't announce every single update he does.

This is not the only time we have noted this error. Consider this an official warning.

Signed, the Grammar Police.

Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: 2011 October 28, 22:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am trying to create a trait plug in for Awesome and am encountering some trouble.  I have an assembly named PArtemis.dll, the instance for the traits XML is the FVN64 of PArtemisTraits, this is my XML:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<traits>
  <TraitNames>
    <Name></Name>
    <Hex></Hex>
  </TraitNames>
  <TraitNames>
    <Name>Asexual</Name>
    <Hex>0xFEFA3E87D5E70EC4</Hex>
  </TraitNames>
 <TraitList>
  <Name></Name>
  <Description></Description>
  <ShortDescription></ShortDescription>
  <Hex></Hex>
  <Version>1.0</Version>
  <CodeVersion>BaseGame</CodeVersion>
  <AgeSpeciesVisible>B,P,C,T,Y,A,E</AgeSpeciesVisible>
  <SetNumbers></SetNumbers>
  <Points>0</Points>
  <RandomWeight>0</RandomWeight>
  <Category></Category>
  <CommodityName></CommodityName>
  <FacialIdle></FacialIdle>
  <AutonomousDesiredCommodity></AutonomousDesiredCommodity>
  <AutonomousAvoidedCommodity></AutonomousAvoidedCommodity>
  <IncreasedEffectiveness></IncreasedEffectiveness>
  <ReducedEffectiveness></ReducedEffectiveness>
  <xMin></xMin>
  <DesireMin></DesireMin>
  <xMax></xMax>
  <DesireMax></DesireMax>
  <Decay></Decay>
  <Predicate></Predicate>
  <CanBeLearnedRandomly>FALSE</CanBeLearnedRandomly>
  <IntimacyLevel>10</IntimacyLevel>
  <ActiveTopic></ActiveTopic>
  <PreferredBookGenre></PreferredBookGenre>
  <ThumbFilename></ThumbFilename>
  <ThumbPieMenu></ThumbPieMenu>
  <ThumbDislikePieMenu></ThumbDislikePieMenu>
  <ThumbPose></ThumbPose>
  <AddListenerFunction></AddListenerFunction>
  <TraitTipDescription></TraitTipDescription>
  <TraitTipIndex></TraitTipIndex>
  <TraitToolTipText0></TraitToolTipText0>
  <TraitToolTipText1></TraitToolTipText1>
  <TraitToolTipText2></TraitToolTipText2>
  <TraitToolTipText3></TraitToolTipText3>
  <CanBeLearnedThroughConversation>True</CanBeLearnedThroughConversation>
 </TraitList>
<TraitList>
  <Name>Asexual</Name>
  <Description>AsexualDescription</Description>
  <ShortDescription>AsexualShortDescription</ShortDescription>
  <Hex>Asexual</Hex>
  <Version>1.0</Version>
  <CodeVersion>BaseGame</CodeVersion>
  <AgeSpeciesVisible>T,Y,A,E</AgeSpeciesVisible>
  <CommodityName></CommodityName>
  <Predicate>IsAsexual</Predicate>
  <CanBeLearnedRandomly>FALSE</CanBeLearnedRandomly>
  <IntimacyLevel>80</IntimacyLevel>
  <ActiveTopic>Asexual Trait</ActiveTopic>
  <ThumbFilename>trait_asexual</ThumbFilename>
  <ThumbPieMenu>trait_asexual_s</ThumbPieMenu>
  <ThumbDislikePieMenu>trait_asexual_s_crossed_out</ThumbDislikePieMenu>
  <TraitToolTipText0>AsexualToolTipText0</TraitToolTipText0>
  <TraitToolTipText1>AsexualToolTipText1</TraitToolTipText1>
  <TraitToolTipText2>AsexualToolTipText2</TraitToolTipText2>
 </TraitList>
</traits>
...but, when I check to see if the trait exists, Awesome reports that it does not.  I believe that Awesome is reading the XML because it was throwing FSEs at me involving Awesome.Traits.Awesome.Traits.Manager:Load for a few attempts when there was an apparent gremlin in the XML.  The assembly loads fine, though as I understand it, at this point, it's just there to let Awesome know to look for an XML.  My question is, why won't this load?  What am I doing wrong?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: 2011 October 30, 04:48:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This method is long obsolete. With the EAxis adding the ability to inject traits via the store, AwesomeMod has altered its own system to hijack this syntax. See the "AwesomeTraits.xml" file inside AwesomeMod for the new syntax.

Koriandr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: 2011 October 31, 02:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ATTN NOOBS.
If you look here: http://alpha.moreawesomethanyou.com/ts3/hax/ you can see AM and it's current timestamp. Don't go by the post dates, Pescado doesn't announce every single update he does.

This is not the only time we have noted this error. Consider this an official warning.

Skadi used the correct its/it's. The current timestamp belongs to 'it'.
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: 2011 October 31, 02:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ATTN NOOBS.

Skadi used the correct its/it's. The current timestamp belongs to 'it'.

You're kidding, right?
Koriandr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: 2011 October 31, 02:16:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was always taught that one only uses "it's" as an abbreviation for "it is", and never for when something belongs to "it".
Count
PA
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: 2011 October 31, 02:22:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So you didn't notice that the post was edited after it was pointed out to correct the error?
Koriandr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: 2011 October 31, 03:00:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Obviously not. Next time I won't be so hasty. My apologies.
coltraz
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: 2011 November 01, 04:53:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will Awesomemod's "Make Sacred" command exempt the targeted fambly from Twallanian SP, or must I use SP's "stasis" mode?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: 2011 November 01, 08:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Twallanian Story's behavior is not known to be influenced by any AwesomeMod feature, so you're on your own there.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: