More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:50:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722698 times)
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2750 on: 2010 September 03, 00:42:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The shouty one is right, though. It's a debug interaction labeled "Make Sim" that gets added to the terrain. You probably need to click on terrain belonging to a residential lot, or at least you shouldn't use it on anything else but that (otherwise the created sim won't be added to a household).

Click how? I've tried shift-click, ctr-shift-click, and ctr-click, in the center of an inhabited residential lot. What am I doing wrong? (Yes, debug interactions is enabled, I did a showconfig before I started just to be sure.)

INTP.
Buzzler
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: 2010 September 04, 11:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Click how? I've tried shift-click, ctr-shift-click, and ctr-click, in the center of an inhabited residential lot. What am I doing wrong? (Yes, debug interactions is enabled, I did a showconfig before I started just to be sure.)
It's ctrl-shift-click and the interaction shows up no problem for me, right on the first "page" of the pie menu.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2752 on: 2010 September 10, 05:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is autosave messed up for anyone else? I set it to save at intervals of 5 while I was testing something, then updated it to 10. Depending on what I'm doing, I change it in game at times.

After changing it to 10, it autosaved 5 minutes after the previous autosave. Then the game unpaused, then it autosaved AGAIN, as if the interval was both 5 and 10 minutes. 5 minutes later, autosave. 5 minutes later, two autosaves.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: 2010 September 10, 06:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, it seems to behave kinda weird at times. Probably because it's a refit of an original EAxian thing. I will look at it when I get a moment.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tryguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: 2010 September 10, 14:01:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How hard would it be to make it so that one could delete category items in-game using AM?

I'm thinking, when using editsim on some poor Sim, I happen to see some hideous EAStore 50's throwback piece-of-shit clogging things up and the urge to kill it is fairly pronounced. I'd love to be able to just drag it to a trashcan or right-click it and have it permanently deleted -- thereby freeing up that much extra memory, and doing away with something offensive to the eyes.

Obviously, I'm aware that the game makes extended use of a lot of the more hideous items, and if they are mysteriously dragged away from it, it might have a series of tantrums unless it's properly pacified. So, maybe the system could go ahead and make substitutions throughout the neighborhoods for things taken out? That's probably a lot of fiddly work, though. And I'm not exactly sure what happens when the game just can't find something it used to have. I think it just substitutes something in itself, like the default hair in place of a Peggy hair. So, perhaps that not really a problem. Actually, I quite often use editsim to fix up Sims I see in-game, so I'm doing this kind of thing naturally.

The thing is, with more and more stuff packs coming out and adding less-than-desirable things to the catalogs, the more need I see for such a feature. I don't think there's currently an external program that offers 3D previews and catalog manipulation (editing the DCCache files directly), is there? The closest I've come across is to use  TSR Launcher to install Sims3packs and then use it to remove stuff I deem offensive. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm hoping it will be able to delete individual items from within the sims3pack, from the DCCache files (and DCBackup, but that's not important). I haven't tried it yet, but I hope it can do that. But that still leaves the package-based mods. They're a little more manageable to delete if you know which is which, or have kept jpgs of what each one is. I don't, so... Wink

Well, OK, I guess I've laid out the picture well enough. What I'd like is to be able to right-click on something and have the option to delete it's package file outright, or delete the entry out of the DCCache files. How possible is it? I can imagine it'll be tricky trying to link an instance of an object back to where it comes from, especially if it comes from the jumble of stuff that is a .dbc file. But... that kind of functionality would be /awesome/ to have.

Oh, and if there IS an external program I can use to preview/delete store stuff and the like, then don't hold back. At present, my collection of CC is relatively small. I don't like to bloat out my game with stuff I don't use. I do still have a lot of crap in my game though, so... at some stage I want to have a good clean out. And when that happens, I can see that I'll want to replace it with stuff I do actually like. Either that or I have to increase my computer's memory. Tongue

OK, just a thought (that might have been discussed before, I'm not sure).
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: 2010 September 10, 14:30:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as SP's and EP's go, the objects are all archived together in giant files, so deleting them may not be possible without causing Very Bad Things in your game.  What you would probably have to use would be a mod that keeps them from showing up in the catalog.  There are a few mods like that with CAS items on MTS.  With store items, though, you can extract the Sims3packs into .package files and only keep the ones you want.  I'd recommend learning how to manually merge files if you use this method.  Lots of .package files can significantly slow your game.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
tryguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: 2010 September 11, 08:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you bring up some helpful thoughts, Jeromy.

I have given thought about assembling my own .dbc files before, but at this stage I'm shying away from it until I really have to, say in the event I start getting Error 12s and can't save. And you're right about EPs and SPs putting their stuff in their own archives. I hadn't thought about it in those terms, but I can see that would make things a little trickier.

Right now I've got 1.22 GB of dbc files, and only 208 MB of packages. I'm extremely conservative about what I manually add to my game in terms of packages, looking at pics beforehand and seeing how they turnout in-game, etc. But I tend to just let the craptastic EA files in wholesale, just because of the ease of that installer. I can see that I'm going to have to get brutal on this though, because I really can't stand half of that stuff.

To start, I guess I'll take note of what needs to go in the catalogs, and then maybe I can put some order to things. Thanks again. Smiley
littleblackdog
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: 2010 September 15, 00:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few minutes ago I downloaded the Awesomemod.  When I unzipped and  right-clicked on it to check if it was an update, the properites showed me that it was created  sept 7, 7:01 a.m. It appears to be the same one I have been downloading since the patch and updates from EA.  Is this the most recent awesomemod?  I noticed the FOJ posted an update report Sept 10
« Last Edit: 2010 September 15, 05:10:04 by littleblackdog » Logged

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: 2010 September 15, 04:27:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A few minutes ago I downloaded the Awesomemod.  When I unzipped and  right-clicked on it to check if it was an update, the properites showed me that it was created  sept 7, 7:01 a.m. It appears to be the same one I have been downloading since the patch and updates from EA.  Is this the most recent awesomemod?  I noticed the FOJ posted an update report Sept 10.

That is the latest.  I believe the update in the thread for Sept. 10 was when he moved it from testing to release, there was no actual update to AM at that time.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Chandria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: 2010 September 17, 00:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi I'm having problems getting AwesomeMod to work. I have both World Adventures and Ambitions.
I think I've followed all the instructions correctly but when running the game 'showconfig' comes up with nothing.

I followed the framework instilation instructions found here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17454.msg540991.html#msg540991

Which leaves me with a folder in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ called 'mods' containing the Resource.cfg file and a subfolder called 'packages'. I placed the awesome mod in the packages folder along with a configuration file. Am I missing anything? Do I need to copy and paste it all to my expansion pack directories too? Does it matter that I'm using the launcher and not the exe?

Re-read your instructions again. 
Do NOT follow the uninstall directions when you should be following the INSTALL directions.
In other words:
You've done it wrong.

"Tact? What good is tact? I've tried that on people and they still don't do what I want!"

Originally joined 9/3/2008, then got lost in the purge.
Vermilion
Asinine Airhead

ISTP

View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: 2010 September 17, 00:31:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a previous version of the framework installed from way back before I had any expansion packs. Thats why I followed the uninstall instructions. There's no need to be rude.

What, you come to MATY expecting people to be unconditionally polite?  Believe me, that was pretty mild by MATY standards.  Get some thicker skin and read the FAQ!
Chandria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: 2010 September 17, 00:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a previous version of the framework installed from way back before I had any expansion packs. Thats why I followed the uninstall instructions. There's no need to be rude.

If you'd followed the instructions correctly there would not be anything in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3...etc...
except maybe the d3dx9_31.dll which should be in every individual \Game\Bin folder for every EP and Sp you have.
(This is not necessarily required for everyone but some people cannot run their games without it.)

Everything would be in your C:\Your Name\My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods folder

Re-read and FOLLOW the instructions.

"Tact? What good is tact? I've tried that on people and they still don't do what I want!"

Originally joined 9/3/2008, then got lost in the purge.
vorpal
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: 2010 September 17, 08:12:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there any way with AM to get rid of self-written books in the public library bookshelves? As Sims will not read those autonomously anyway, I find them quite useless there.
funkilla
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: 2010 September 18, 20:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. The produce in your sim's inventory is being sold because it is of substandard quality. Since Kewian-based produce that is below store quality offers no value, it is automatically disposed of as it is probably some garbage you fished out of the trash can during a rummage. If it isn't, it still doesn't answer the question of why you planted that.

Is this why my paintings keep getting automatically sold?
mrclopes
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: 2010 October 25, 14:15:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello, how do I edit the Sims3GameplaySystems.dll without getting the startup message that will corrupt my save and other bs, at first I thought I did something wrong, but my tweaks worked in basegame, so I guess it's somekind of protection in awesomemod, is possible to make my own tweaks in the game core? if yes, can someone point me the right direction?
Batman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: 2010 October 26, 23:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will the current released version work with LN? I understand there will be bugs, but was just curious if it was at least playable.
 Roll Eyes

ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: 2010 October 27, 00:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will the current released version work with LN? I understand there will be bugs, but was just curious if it was at least playable.
 Roll Eyes

Nope. The current version won't work if you install LN or the newest patch. You'll have to wait.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: 2010 October 27, 01:11:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roll Eyes

Actually, I think if you buy the special premium version by donating $100, it will work, and also, you computer will smell like unicorm farts.

Botswana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: 2010 October 27, 15:49:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, I think if you buy the special premium version by donating $100, it will work, and also, you computer will smell like unicorm farts.

Do you accept pesos?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: 2010 October 27, 16:02:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Paypal does, we do. SUPPORT THE MUNICIPALITY!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Patrick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: 2010 October 27, 16:07:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you accept pesos?

As in 100 pesos?
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: 2010 October 27, 16:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gosh you are HI-larious. Look, if you like Awesomemod, then man up and help pay for the servar. Otherwise, it will either go to a crappier servar, where you won't be able to get instant and consistent access, or it will disappear altogether.

You don't HAVE to donate, sure, but conversely, Pescado doesn't HAVE to provide the awesome services.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: 2010 October 27, 17:20:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, to be fair, pesos are as valid money as anything else, these days.

Patrick
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: 2010 October 27, 17:56:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gosh you are HI-larious. Look, if you like Awesomemod, then man up and help pay for the servar. Otherwise, it will either go to a crappier servar, where you won't be able to get instant and consistent access, or it will disappear altogether.

You don't HAVE to donate, sure, but conversely, Pescado doesn't HAVE to provide the awesome services.

Obviously I'm not suggesting not donating, I was just wondering why he asked if he could pay in pesos citing where it said that you get a special premium edition.
Awesome-mod surely is awesome and Pescado deserves to be at least be payed enough to pay for his servers if not more to compensate him at least partly for the time and money invested in this community and modding. I'm certainly going to donate myself once I get some more money together (as a high school student I obviously don't earn much). I'd rather give it to somebody like him than those guys at EA who fuck up every other patch and can't get their act together with almost every game they touch.
GrandKaiser
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: 2010 October 28, 04:10:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd rather give it to somebody like him than those guys at EA who fuck up every other patch and can't get their act together with almost every game they touch.

Props to Pescado and all hes done. But.

Pescado couldn't fully program Sims 3 or any of the Expansions. All he does is mod something already made. Don't be so quick to bash EA.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: