More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 09:48:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1736355 times)
simmah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2225 on: 2010 February 22, 05:41:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to keep Awesomestory on, but to prevent some or all families from moving?  I like some of my families to keep their same house through the generations.  Plus, every time they move, they leave behind all their displayed jewels, which is kind of sad.  Those buggers take a while to collect!
Willee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: 2010 February 22, 06:09:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Pescado and Wizard Merlin.  Following your instructions, I am hoping to be up and running again.

wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: 2010 February 22, 10:53:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible to keep Awesomestory on, but to prevent some or all families from moving?  I like some of my families to keep their same house through the generations.  Plus, every time they move, they leave behind all their displayed jewels, which is kind of sad.  Those buggers take a while to collect!

If you make the household sacred, story progression leaves them alone.  They still go to work, and do other activities, but they won't get married, move, or do any other activities that story progression applies.  

If you are simply concerned about them moving, and not worried about other activities, I believe if you rename the lot to include the family name, then the lot becomes an ancestral home, and they won't be moved out of it.  As an example, look at the lot names for the Goth, Landgrabb and Alto families, the lots are named after them.  I am sure someone will correct me, and beat me about the head with a big stick if I have it wrong.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 22, 13:52:01 by wizard_merlin » Logged

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
simmah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: 2010 February 22, 18:25:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you make the household sacred, story progression leaves them alone.  They still go to work, and do other activities, but they won't get married, move, or do any other activities that story progression applies. 

If you are simply concerned about them moving, and not worried about other activities, I believe if you rename the lot to include the family name, then the lot becomes an ancestral home, and they won't be moved out of it.  As an example, look at the lot names for the Goth, Landgrabb and Alto families, the lots are named after them.  I am sure someone will correct me, and beat me about the head with a big stick if I have it wrong.

Thank you for your reply, wizard_merlin!  Yes, I'm only concerned with the moving aspect.  I still want the rest of the story progression to apply.  I'm not sure about the naming the lot thing because my Goths and Landgraabs have all moved out of their homes autonomously.  I'll have to look into that again though.  Maybe if I move them back into their original homes and rename the lot somehow, it'll work.  I'll give it a try.

Thanks!
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: 2010 February 23, 01:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for your reply, wizard_merlin!  Yes, I'm only concerned with the moving aspect.  I still want the rest of the story progression to apply.  I'm not sure about the naming the lot thing because my Goths and Landgraabs have all moved out of their homes autonomously.  I'll have to look into that again though.  Maybe if I move them back into their original homes and rename the lot somehow, it'll work.  I'll give it a try.

Did the entire family move out, or just some members?  I know with the Goths in one of my games, Mortimer moved out with Bella when they got married, but Cornelia and Gunther already had another daughter who remained in the Manor, while in another game where Cornelia and Gunther didn't have other kids, Mortimer and Bella stayed in Goth Manor and had their own family there.  

I don't think the ancestral home concept keeps ALL family members on the lot, but should keep at least one to maintain the heritage.

cwurts
Retarded Reprobate

Oona Klostermann for senate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2230 on: 2010 February 23, 01:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somebody help me!  I just turned aging back on after a long time of doing it manually, and I need to adjust the amount of time the sim has left in the current life stage.  How is this done?  I looked through all the Ctrl-click, Shit-click, Alt-click, and Shift-Ctrl-click options, but there is nothing that would do what I want.

Join the Oona Klostermann High Society Club
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: 2010 February 23, 01:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somebody help me!  I just turned aging back on after a long time of doing it manually, and I need to adjust the amount of time the sim has left in the current life stage.  How is this done?  I looked through all the Ctrl-click, Shit-click, Alt-click, and Shift-Ctrl-click options, but there is nothing that would do what I want.

I don't know about the cheat codes used to alter life span, but I can tell you that eating raw life fruit drops that green bar a tad bit.  It has been a while.  I know it adds at least a day for every fruit, but I'm not sure what effect your choice of life span has to do with it.  It might be different for epic then it is for high.  Eating Ambrosia will bounce you back to the beginning of a life phase.

I don't play my game using cheat codes, if at all possible.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: 2010 February 23, 05:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somebody help me!  

Why?

I just turned aging back on after a long time of doing it manually, and I need to adjust the amount of time the sim has left in the current life stage.  How is this done?  I looked through all the Ctrl-click, Shit-click, Alt-click, and Shift-Ctrl-click options, but there is nothing that would do what I want.

I'll try and shove you in the right direction to help yourself, and see what happens.

Turn on testing cheats, then turn on debug commands.  I say both because not sure which one contains the info.  After that, bring up the cheat box, you must know how to do that, if not look around.  Once the box is up try typing in "help", without the quotes, then read and hey presto, like magic, the answer will appear.

MuggleLouise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: 2010 February 23, 23:06:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm terribly sorry if this has been asked, but I did sift through this thread and didn't see anything related to my problem. If there is, however, I would greatly appreciate being linked to the answer. Anyway, I'm having problems installing AwesomeMod. I have of course followed the instructions for installing AwesomeMod and the Framework, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I have the base game, patched to 1.10, and with no expansion packs. I have noticed that Resource.cfg is in a lot of different directories, but every time I try to delete them the game stops working and I have to put them back. If someone could please help me, without being mean about it, that'd be wonderful. Thank you.
airilina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: 2010 February 23, 23:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You obviously didn't install the framework and/or AM correctly.  Download the framework and go through the steps again and pay close attention to the instructions.  I'm certain that it doesn't say anything about deleting the resource.cfg files from the directories.
MuggleLouise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2235 on: 2010 February 23, 23:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read and reread the instructions, I can't figure out where I'm going wrong. I put the Resource.cfg in my main directory. I put the d3dx9_31.dll file into the Bin folder. I have downloaded a new copy of AwesomeMod and used Delphy's Install Helper. Delphy's Monkey Bars say that my framework is installed correctly and that my game should accept basic custom content and core mods, but the game isn't recognizing anything.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2236 on: 2010 February 24, 04:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not understanding how school swapping works.

I'm building a new school with mini rabbit holes, and there's one for elementary and one for high.

But any sims I test it on can only choose "Start elementary school" on one. The other says "Go to School" but it is grayed out as "School is not in session"(even if it is) and it seems like non-user-controlled sims don't go to ANY autonomously(despite having school listed in their job panel).

Hm? Sad
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: 2010 February 24, 05:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read and reread the instructions, I can't figure out where I'm going wrong. I put the Resource.cfg in my main directory. I put the d3dx9_31.dll file into the Bin folder. I have downloaded a new copy of AwesomeMod and used Delphy's Install Helper. Delphy's Monkey Bars say that my framework is installed correctly and that my game should accept basic custom content and core mods, but the game isn't recognizing anything.

What main directory did you put the resource file into?  Are you trying to use sub folders inside the package folder? does the resource file allow for sub folders?

simmah
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: 2010 February 24, 06:52:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did the entire family move out, or just some members?  I know with the Goths in one of my games, Mortimer moved out with Bella when they got married, but Cornelia and Gunther already had another daughter who remained in the Manor, while in another game where Cornelia and Gunther didn't have other kids, Mortimer and Bella stayed in Goth Manor and had their own family there.  

I don't think the ancestral home concept keeps ALL family members on the lot, but should keep at least one to maintain the heritage.

The entire family moved out for both Goth and Landgraab.  I moved the Goths back in, but somehow the Landgraabs lost all their hundreds of thousands of dollars instantly and I couldn't move them back in since they couldn't afford it.  This happened several versions back, so perhaps it was a random bug and maybe fixed in an update.  I'll keep an eye on them!
phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: 2010 February 24, 07:56:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not understanding how school swapping works.

I'm building a new school with mini rabbit holes, and there's one for elementary and one for high.

But any sims I test it on can only choose "Start elementary school" on one. The other says "Go to School" but it is grayed out as "School is not in session"(even if it is) and it seems like non-user-controlled sims don't go to ANY autonomously(despite having school listed in their job panel).

Hm? Sad

This is happening to me too. I suspected it was my own fault, though, as I built a small library on the HS lot, and then classified the lot as a library (I like the study moodlet on a school lot--as a teacher, I find it gratifying). I figured the fact that my schools wouldn't sort was based on that. I plan to test out destroying the existing schools and placing two new ones on plain community lots to see if that makes a difference.

INTP.
MuggleLouise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: 2010 February 25, 08:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What main directory did you put the resource file into?  Are you trying to use sub folders inside the package folder? does the resource file allow for sub folders?

I put the Resource.cfg file into C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ and I am not trying to use sub folders. Awesomemod.package went into C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims3/Mods/Packages.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: 2010 February 25, 10:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I put the Resource.cfg file into C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ and I am not trying to use sub folders. Awesomemod.package went into C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims3/Mods/Packages.

If the d3dx9_31.dll is in the C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin folder then I would suggest maybe trying a .dll file from a different location as the one you are using might be corrupted, which has been known to happen and cause problems.  If the .dll is in the right spot, then it is going to hard to diagnose without seeing your computer, and I would suggest if you know someone with experience with TS3 and/or computers, you might try asking them to diagnose in person for you.

tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: 2010 February 25, 14:02:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a family suddenly listed as homeless.
Is there a way to select them via an AM command of some sort?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: 2010 February 25, 14:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. Homeless sims don't exist in the world. To force them to pop up, select an empty lot in edit town and type "forcemovein <fambly>".

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: 2010 February 25, 14:34:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It says success! Moved in to.... but doesn't display a house name, and the sims didn't appear.
« Last Edit: 2010 February 25, 15:10:46 by tizerist » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: 2010 February 25, 15:40:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It says success! Moved in to.... but doesn't display a house name, and the sims didn't appear.
Are there any sims? You may have to wait. None of their skins will be cached, so they will appear disembodied and may take time to phase into view.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
tizerist
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: 2010 February 25, 15:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just said 'moved in to' and no address or family name wth it.
The house icon in edit town didn't change, so nothing got added it seems.

The family do appear on the listhomeless list.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: 2010 February 25, 15:50:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that case, you did something wrong, because you are stupid, and you suck.

phnxflyng
Corpulent Cretin

Puny humans.

View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: 2010 February 25, 20:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It just said 'moved in to' and no address or family name wth it.
The house icon in edit town didn't change, so nothing got added it seems.

The family do appear on the listhomeless list.

Have you tried giving them more money? That works for me with homeless sims. You do "listhomeless" which tells you how much they have, and then "familyfunds [lastname] 175000" or some similarly higher number than what they have so they can find a house they can afford.

INTP.
MuggleLouise
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: 2010 February 26, 00:59:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the d3dx9_31.dll is in the C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin folder then I would suggest maybe trying a .dll file from a different location as the one you are using might be corrupted, which has been known to happen and cause problems.  If the .dll is in the right spot, then it is going to hard to diagnose without seeing your computer, and I would suggest if you know someone with experience with TS3 and/or computers, you might try asking them to diagnose in person for you.
It is in the /Game/Bin folder, but what other location should I try it from? I downloaded it from here...

Windows Update downloaded an update that crashed my whole system. I lost everything and had to reinstall the operating system. So I've played the game with AweomeMod before the crash and I will tell you, without the mod this game is pretty much a waste of money. I'm really disappointed, but thanks for trying to help me.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: