More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 20:17:02

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1722577 times)
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #275 on: 2009 July 01, 03:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't noticed anyone perma-handcuffed yet. What did you do to trigger that? They SHOULD simply head off to jail.
perma-handcuffing occured in each of my tests. As soon as your sim gets out of jail (Which oddly enough is less then a day considering the crime), they leave the police station with their hands permanently stuck in handcuffed mode.

For a 12-sim to acquire the status of Pedobait, they need to attempt age-inappropriate flirting at least once. Or you can addtrait Pedobait.
You actually added a pedobait trait?! Grin When I was testing things both teen to YA and YA to teen resulted in the one I was interacting with being creeped out and nothing else happened. Though I also found that if they are in the same household then the adult doesn't get arrested regardless of how many times they attempt to interact romantically in private or in front of a crowd.

Speaking of which, the conviction came from Autonomous reactions. I hope THAT can be fixed. (still haven't watched one get hauled off to jail. That's my next task!)
That's what I was afraid of. The perma-cuffing leads to this being a very non-awesome addition to the AwesomeMod if the pedo interactions can be done autonomously.

EDIT: I just did another test after hearing about the Pedobait trait and other then the fact that the addtrait Pedobait command works there is no other effect in the game. Romantic interactions from a teen to a YA still result in the YA shouting, getting the creeped out moodlet, and then nothing further.

EDIT2: Further testing by switching to the chosen YA victims household and then having that YA interact with the teen with pedobear trait has revealed that it does indeed enable the interactions without creeping the teen out. Shouldn't the interactions from the teen to the YA work as well?
« Last Edit: 2009 July 01, 03:35:19 by cefwyn » Logged
Nevearo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: 2009 July 01, 03:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's no 15 or 16. That is 12. What part of the Rule of 6 do you not understand?
I am not good with math. I keep trying to multiply by 5.62175 and round up, since my numpad 6 is too close to the 9 for me to trust it...

I haven't noticed anyone perma-handcuffed yet. What did you do to trigger that? They SHOULD simply head off to jail.
I don't know. It seems to be something that happens when they get out of jail. I only had one go to jail so far. Woohooing doesn't change it. I can provide screenshots or movies if you like. She's walking around with her hands behind her back, not doing anything else.

Speaking of which, the conviction came from Autonomous reactions. I hope THAT can be fixed. (still haven't watched one get hauled off to jail. That's my next task!)
Elaborate? Which conviction, which autonomous reaction?
I assume, then, that this was a bug.
I started a new town. I had 1 elder male, 1 adult female, 1 ya male, 1 m&f teen, and 1 child. All unrelated. Only Awesome mod and the config file, plus a no fade ini change. I had the teens romance each other a little bit. I then went and had the female teen flirt with the young adult. Suddenly the female teen cancels her interaction with the male YA to go yell at the other teen. I go look and sure enough the female adult is creeped out. I shrug it off, and go back to increasing the relationship between the young adult and female teen. Nightfall comes and I check to see why the adult is in a bad mood and find her "passing time" in the jail. My only conclusion is that either the male teen flirting with her autonomously caused her to get thrown in jail, or she autonomously flirted with the male teen. My attention was elsewhere so I missed the whole thing. I will create a family where I don't do anything but observe and see if It happens again. Like I said before, the traits involved were Flirty, Hopeless romantic, Great Kisser, Inappropriate, and evil for the adult, and all but evil for the child. It is possible that I did a interaction from the start labeling her as a pedo right off the bat since I do recall messing around with the inappropriate "kiss" trait, but I am not sure if even that should have triggered an Autonomous reaction. I'll report back soon after a blank slate test.

Though I also found that if they are in the same household then the adult doesn't get arrested regardless of how many times they attempt to interact romantically in private or in front of a crowd.
Mine had to all be in the same household. Although I didn't see it, mine ended up in jail. There were no other teens around.

(Edit 1)
I tested with a blank slate copy of the family. It is not a fresh neighborhood, just a removal of the old family and the placement of a copy of the family at the point of creation. The elder came up to the teenage female and "Complimented Appearance" There have been exactly 3 forced interactions prior to this. The Adult female kissed the YA the Elder, and the Teen Male kissed the teen female. I am creating a "fresh neighborhood and doing the same thing again. Every Autonomous reaction of this that I have witnessed so far has always been "complement appearance".

I have also had another sim go to jail and come back in handcuffs. This may be related to something in Awesomemod that allows me to cancel the "go to jail" action, since I have discovered I am capable of canceling it, resulting in the cop running off.

(Edit 2)
A Fresh Neighborhood results in the same thing. This time the interaction from the elder sim was "Compliment Personality"
« Last Edit: 2009 July 01, 05:01:36 by Nevearo » Logged
userunknown
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: 2009 July 01, 04:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pescado
Which xml tuning file is it where you can change the parameters of the jealous broadcaster?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: 2009 July 01, 10:03:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those issues should be fixed in the currently available update. More issues will be fixed in the next one.

Which xml tuning file is it where you can change the parameters of the jealous broadcaster?
The hell should I know? Do I look like grep to you?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Audrey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: 2009 July 01, 11:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I'm new here.  I'll try not to be stupid.  I have the same version as the person who is quoted above.  Is there a problem with answering questions about.... ahem less than legal versions as I noticed that someone else a page back either got lost or was ignored for his question.
We don't care how you got your version, but such matters are off-topic in this thread and will be ignored and punished with nuking if it continues.

Okay, point taken.  I was obviously wrong to think a little background information would be helpful in getting the patch to work in my game.  Now, on topic, what do I have to do to get this patch working in my game?  Help would be appreciated.   

I am definitely not awsome, but I think the point might be that you are not on topic. You are posting your questions in the wrong thread.

On the main page, look under THE HORROR, THE HORROR. There is a thread under that heading named something like 'Technical difficulties with THE HORROR'. You might want to check there to see if someone has already answered your question(s). If not, it seems to me that posting your questions in that thread might increase the chances of you getting some help with your install problems. This thread is not for install problems. This kind of thing matters here, 'k?  Wink

Thanks Tangie for responding. Going to check out the other thread. 
steveuk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: 2009 July 01, 12:02:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a more serious note. I do take exception to the word pedophile being used to describe interactions with teens in the game.  As I stated elsewhere, the teens in the game can drive cars which in my mind makes them old enough to have sex, try for baby & get married just like in real life.
There is no "16". They are *12*.

There is no *12* that could be referred to as Teen.  Definition of Teen is a young person aged between thirteen to nineteen, hence 'Teen'.  Teens in this game drive cars which would therefore (depending on country/region) make them at least 16.  By saying they are 12 would imply that all the Teens are driving illegally (could they be)? so your statement is either wrong or deluded.
Pedophile is a term that is applied to sick people who have sexual desires for children. A child is defined as any age between birth to puberty.  This again proves your usage of the word 'pedophile' in regards to Teen relations, in-correct as most Teens have reached puberty well before 16 years of age.
So in conclusion of the above, I am right and you are wrong which makes me "More Awesome Than You" Tongue

Nivaya
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: 2009 July 01, 12:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On a more serious note. I do take exception to the word pedophile being used to describe interactions with teens in the game.  As I stated elsewhere, the teens in the game can drive cars which in my mind makes them old enough to have sex, try for baby & get married just like in real life.
There is no "16". They are *12*.

There is no *12* that could be referred to as Teen.  Definition of Teen is a young person aged between thirteen to nineteen, hence 'Teen'.  Teens in this game drive cars which would therefore (depending on country/region) make them at least 16.  By saying they are 12 would imply that all the Teens are driving illegally (could they be)? so your statement is either wrong or deluded.
Pedophile is a term that is applied to sick people who have sexual desires for children. A child is defined as any age between birth to puberty.  This again proves your usage of the word 'pedophile' in regards to Teen relations, in-correct as most Teens have reached puberty well before 16 years of age.
So in conclusion of the above, I am right and you are wrong which makes me "More Awesome Than You" Tongue

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Like a balloon..and....something bad happens!!!
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: 2009 July 01, 12:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, what you are is an annoying and un-awesome little gnat that refuses to get that this place operates by the Rule of 6.

And that whole "driving illegally" thing makes you even more un-awesome. In MY country, you aren't allowed to drive until you're 18. NEWSFLASH: Different countries have different rules and laws. Sims don't operate under your laws just because you say so and obviously they are allowed to drive at 12. Tongue

What exactly did you think to achieve by challenging these rules? Did you really think it was nothing nobody had ever done before?

Now who's deluded?
shivafang
Asinine Airhead

INTP: Loner, Childish, D/L Children

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: 2009 July 01, 13:23:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims spend more years in High School than Elementary School, and that there is no Middle school. So where did it go I wonder? Middle School starts at 11-12... Strange coincidence, or conspiracy?

In many places (North American), Elementary goes from K-7 and High School goes from 8-12.  I know this is true in and around Vancouver BC, where I grew up, and I'm sure there are others.  Grade 8 usually starts around age 13 and grade 12 ends around age 18, hence 'teen'.  It's appropriate for the simplification in The Sims where age category=school applied.

I only wish the high school were a different building than the elementary.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 01, 13:44:34 by shivafang » Logged
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: 2009 July 01, 13:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh dear, I fear I may be in part to blame about this thread suddenly becoming an argument about the teen-12 thing. It doesn't really bother me that much since I could easily make a mod to change things if it did. Sims are a completely fictional species of human-like pixelated creatures that typically only live for 90 days and therefore no real world concepts should be applicable to them. One could say that the concept of pedophilia can't really be applied to a Sim, but then Pescado has done it with his AwesomeMod which after his latest fix is once again awesome. Grin

Now to just make the jail time longer. Perhaps a a few days instead of the half day or quarter day that it does which is more an inconvenience then a punishment.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: 2009 July 01, 13:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now to just make the jail time longer. Perhaps a a few days instead of the half day or quarter day that it does which is more an inconvenience then a punishment.

Unless the issue of Sims apparently not getting fed in jail is also fixed, this could be a pain in the ass.  Not that I actually care, since I don't have the pedobear option enabled; just pointing it out for those who do.

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
cefwyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 2009 July 01, 14:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would they not be fed once hunger gets really low? In the careers they do occasionally get fed but only when hunger is really low, and even then not always, and the jail seems to behave the same as a work shift only without any performance or money gain. An easy fix though would be to make the jailed sim's motives static while in jail so they would at least remain the same as when they went in.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 2009 July 01, 15:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would they not be fed once hunger gets really low? In the careers they do occasionally get fed but only when hunger is really low, and even then not always, and the jail seems to behave the same as a work shift only without any performance or money gain.

Nope, I've had to cheat hunger levels up before.  As for careers, hunger motive usually gets boosted at the same time each day (whatever that job's lunch hours are), not based on hunger motive.

Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 2009 July 01, 15:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't get fed in prison if you're just there in a holding cell. Which, considering that your sim doesn't stay overnight or get an orange jumpsuit, you should just consider them being tossed in a holding cell with drunks and idiots.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
dilpill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 2009 July 01, 15:54:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to enable the check disabler. After that, it probably takes an XML tuning to enable the interaction for 12s, but I bother with that, it's not a priority. Someone else may have made one, though.
I am in the process of making one, and have succeeded in making WooHoo available from Bed Cuddle. However, it is not possible to get teens to get the WooHoo option from standing up (or Move In, Propose Marriage, etc.) with AwesomeMod installed because you recently added the 0x4B0FC8F0A28B12EF resource to AwesomeMod to get the Pedophile and Pedobait traits in. I could make the mod a mod of AwesomeMod [lol] but that would require an update every time AwesomeMod is updated.

Is there any way to make part of a XML Resource or something? Huh

Edit: If someone could make a tool that could 'patch' together two mods that use the same resource file but different parts of it, it would let us get around the ONE AND ONLY ONE thing. It could compare the differences between the two modded resources and then check the original resource to see if the two mods could be successfully combined.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 01, 16:05:06 by dilpill » Logged

Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: 2009 July 01, 16:24:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to enable the check disabler. After that, it probably takes an XML tuning to enable the interaction for 12s, but I bother with that, it's not a priority. Someone else may have made one, though.
I am in the process of making one, and have succeeded in making WooHoo available from Bed Cuddle. However, it is not possible to get teens to get the WooHoo option from standing up (or Move In, Propose Marriage, etc.) with AwesomeMod installed because you recently added the 0x4B0FC8F0A28B12EF resource to AwesomeMod to get the Pedophile and Pedobait traits in. I could make the mod a mod of AwesomeMod [lol] but that would require an update every time AwesomeMod is updated.

Is there any way to make part of a XML Resource or something? Huh

Edit: If someone could make a tool that could 'patch' together two mods that use the same resource file but different parts of it, it would let us get around the ONE AND ONLY ONE thing. It could compare the differences between the two modded resources and then check the original resource to see if the two mods could be successfully combined.

Remembering how it was when I was a teen, it was usually the on bed cuddle that got me into trouble with the woohoo Tongue

I assume once you work out woohoo, teen pregnancy wont be far behind?

dilpill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 2009 July 01, 16:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's actually really really simple, I just don't want teen pregnancy in my game. The whole reason I started making the mod was because with Dizzymental/Lostaccount's mod they couldn't WooHoo from standing anymore, but after working on it myself I saw the problem (AwesomeMod already has the resource). My current mod is basically the same as Dizzymental/Lostaccount's, so if you want teen pregnancy just download it from his MTS page.

If I get WooHoo from standing to work with AwesomeMod, I'll be sure to upload a version with teen pregnancy.

steveuk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: 2009 July 01, 18:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, what you are is an annoying and un-awesome little gnat that refuses to get that this place operates by the Rule of 6.
The what?

And that whole "driving illegally" thing makes you even more un-awesome. In MY country, you aren't allowed to drive until you're 18. NEWSFLASH: Different countries have different rules and laws. Sims don't operate under your laws just because you say so and obviously they are allowed to drive at 12. Tongue
I assume then that in your country a sense of humour is not developed until your elderly?

What exactly did you think to achieve by challenging these rules? Did you really think it was nothing nobody had ever done before?
I'm not challenging anything.  This is Pescado's program and he can do exactly what he wants with it. If there is something I do not like....I change it.

Now who's deluded?
You I guess for thinking that anything you wrote actually bothers me Kiss
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 2009 July 01, 19:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

However, it is not possible to get teens to get the WooHoo option from standing up (or Move In, Propose Marriage, etc.) with AwesomeMod installed because you recently added the 0x4B0FC8F0A28B12EF resource to AwesomeMod to get the Pedophile and Pedobait traits in.
Sims can woohoo while standing up? How does one trigger such a thing normally? I have never seen this. As for Move In/Marriage, 12s aren't allowed to do that in real life, either. While they might be able to get away with woohooing simply because no one can stop them, they certainly wouldn't be able to go and actually file for marriage.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
anillee
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 2009 July 01, 19:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit: Problem solved.
« Last Edit: 2009 July 01, 20:16:03 by anillee » Logged

DAMN THE OPPRESSIVE GHEYZ WITH THEIR SHOWTUNES AND SWATCHES.
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: 2009 July 01, 19:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims can woohoo while standing up? How does one trigger such a thing normally? I have never seen this.

The option to woohoo is available as part of the conversation tree (while the Sims are standing), as opposed to only available when in bed. 

sumpsychochic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: 2009 July 01, 19:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims can woohoo while standing up? How does one trigger such a thing normally? I have never seen this.

The option to woohoo is available as part of the conversation tree (while the Sims are standing), as opposed to only available when in bed. 

I'm with Pes, I have never seen this option in game, and I've had my sims stand there for hours romancing each other.

I   -   S   -  F  -  J
11% 25% 50% 1%
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: 2009 July 01, 19:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm with Pes, I have never seen this option in game, and I've had my sims stand there for hours romancing each other.

It seems to take more social foreplay to pop up compared to when it appears in bed, but it's definitely there - if you can get the other Sim to think the active Sim is "extremely irresistible", the options to woo hoo and try for baby should appear shortly afterwards.

dilpill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: 2009 July 01, 19:41:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What Roflganger said.

Here's a pic from the current Teen WooHoo mod thread:

caitlyn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: 2009 July 01, 19:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems to take more social foreplay to pop up compared to when it appears in bed, but it's definitely there - if you can get the other Sim to think the active Sim is "extremely irresistible", the options to woo hoo and try for baby should appear shortly afterwards.

I've had this option, but nothing ever comes of it when I choose it.  I assumed they'd go off to the bedroom if I selected it and that it was broken.  Any time I choose "woo hoo" when they are standing and romancing, they stand there without doing anything further.  Hmm....maybe it's telepathic woohoo.

Not all those who wander are lost.
--J R R Tolkien
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: