More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 14:10:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
0 Members and 6 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 134 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread  (Read 1735877 times)
kiwitoast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Awesomod discussion/questions/helpful tips thread
« Reply #2175 on: 2010 February 16, 00:06:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question: My game crashes once the opening cinematic ends. Does anybody know why?
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: 2010 February 16, 02:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question: My game crashes once the opening cinematic ends. Does anybody know why?

The awesome ones will need more details: Do you have WA or HELS; do you have the latest patches; etc.  It would also be a good idea to search the threads here and in "The Horror, The Horror."

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
kiwitoast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: 2010 February 16, 02:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I don't have WA or HELS and i just realized I didn't have the patches after I wrote that, but I can't find a worldwide 1.7.9 patch >_>
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: 2010 February 16, 02:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I don't have WA or HELS and i just realized I didn't have the patches after I wrote that, but I can't find a worldwide 1.7.9 patch >_>

If you want to use AwesomeMod, you'll need the newest patch: 1.10.6.  You can find it for various regions at Mod the Sims.

I don't think I could ever stab someone.  I mean, let's be honest.  I can barely get the straw in the Capri Sun.
kiwitoast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: 2010 February 16, 03:06:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I see. Thanks! Cheesy
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2180 on: 2010 February 16, 03:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How is it stupid to ask if turning off the censor is meant to leave the censor on sometimes? You need to pull the stick out of your ass. I dunno what I did to you, but get over it.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: 2010 February 16, 03:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How is it stupid to ask if turning off the censor is meant to leave the censor on sometimes? You need to pull the stick out of your ass. I dunno what I did to you, but get over it.

You ask stupid questions that are asked and answered five hundred million times.

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: 2010 February 16, 04:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I see. Thanks! Cheesy

No problem. Smiley

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2183 on: 2010 February 16, 04:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is one single post in this forum about the censor existing during using the toilet. It is from months ago. For all I know, it was an error, and this person was wrong about it, and it was later fixed. Therefore, I asked.

I searched, I found, I didn't trust, I asked. Get the fuck over it. A question answered once is not a question asked 500 times.
Silent Dreamer
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: 2010 February 16, 04:42:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is one single post in this forum about the censor existing during using the toilet. It is from months ago. For all I know, it was an error, and this person was wrong about it, and it was later fixed. Therefore, I asked.

I searched, I found, I didn't trust, I asked. Get the fuck over it. A question answered once is not a question asked 500 times.

Yes, because this single topic exists in multiple places. Where Pescado explains it even!

The stupid threshold has reached critical mass! Brain explosions imminent!
JustAnotherGinger
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: 2010 February 16, 04:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm very pleased that my sims get the soaked moodlet from "shower in a can" but not so pleased that they get it from taking a bath. I suppose a -5 moodlet really is not a big deal at all, but it becomes an annoyance when puddles pop up everywhere and another negative moodlet appears for the messy surroundings. I'm quite sure that having my sim take a shower instead circumvents the soaked moodlet but then the rubber ducky and tranquil moodlets can't be accquired.

Is there an option to turn this off that I missed?
Or should I do more poking around and check that I'm not just being a tarded n00b?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: 2010 February 16, 06:04:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure why your sims would get a soaked moodlet from taking a bath, unless they're insane and trying to take a bath in their clothes or something.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
JustAnotherGinger
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: 2010 February 16, 06:25:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My apologies, it seems to have been a random fluke.

I noticed that it was happening to my mummy, in which case I suppose it would make sense for her to be soaked due to her unremovable bandages.

Anyway, it seems to be working with my normal sims fine now. Sorry I can't repay you for your lost time.
The_Goddess
Garrulous Gimp

You know how to whistle, don't you?

View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: 2010 February 16, 07:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that it was happening to my mummy, in which case I suppose it would make sense for her to be soaked due to her unremovable bandages.

This happens to my Mummy too.  No big deal, just have the slaves mop up the puddles.

PS. If you go to the Day Spa for treatments, you can get clean without the soaking. 
kiwitoast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: 2010 February 16, 22:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I started using AwesomeMod recently, and for some reason, some music would play, even when I mute my sims 3 and turn off my radios, but goes away when I alt-tab out of the sims. Does anyone know why this happens?
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: 2010 February 16, 22:45:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I started using AwesomeMod recently, and for some reason, some music would play, even when I mute my sims 3 and turn off my radios, but goes away when I alt-tab out of the sims. Does anyone know why this happens?

I'm not sure what you mean.  When does the music play? 

kiwitoast
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: 2010 February 17, 00:00:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it plays at random times to be honest. I thought at first it had to do with my radio because it played, but then stopped after a while. But then later when i finished upgrading my speakers it started again. I'm not entirely sure it has to do with awesomemod, but i think it might
Capitaine Marie
Horrible Halfwit

Blonder Than You

View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: 2010 February 17, 01:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I doubt very much it has anything to do with AM, unless it's conflicting with something.  Do you have any other mods?  And are you talking about your Sim's radio and speakers, or yours?

catshirlann
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: 2010 February 19, 00:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the Awesomemod Configuration, There is an option to enable "leave Tmog product". I've searched and can't find the answer to my question. What is a tmog product? What and where is this transmogrification machine? Thanks for any help to end my puzzlement.

Edit: I am so happy that I finally found the answer to my question.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17911.0.html
« Last Edit: 2010 March 03, 07:16:42 by catshirlann » Logged

Old Japanese proverb:
  "The raised nail gets hammered down."
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: 2010 February 19, 01:56:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Awesome Mod has expired (  Huh ). Where can I get the WA 2.2.8 version?

Um, remember where you got it from last time?  Try there.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: 2010 February 19, 02:08:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Awesome Mod has expired (  Huh ). Where can I get the WA 2.2.8 version?

It doesn't exist.  The WA 2.2.8 version hasn't been in existence for a while now, so your shit out of luck.

You could update your game and use the 2.5 version, that is currently available.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: 2010 February 19, 05:33:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know which version is current, my game isn't up to date.  Rule of thumb is to get the new version when it comes out to keep playing, which is why I said go to that thread.  There isn't an archive, Pescado only supports the most current version.  And yes, " my awesomemod expired wat do i do now Huh Cry Huh Cry"  still gets asked all the time despite the common sense answer.
Kasmira
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: 2010 February 19, 09:44:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this subject was talked about but was left when everyone went off to poke at some lulz...  I wanted to talk about my experience with the freezing bug.  

When this occurs, it's usually when a sim exits one room and enters another and time does not always stop.  I have had a sim be late for work because it took him an hour to get around the corner and out to the carpool.  I seem to only play Riverview, if that matters.  I wish I could be more help in tracking down whatever this is because it can be a real pain.  It might be funny if they didn't waste so much time...  Kind of like only having an hour before you have to leave and not being able to flush the stupid toilet...  Sims...  Sheesh.

I had come mainly to lurk and find out if AM was compatible with HELS, woot, it is...  But would really love to see this bug squishified.  

I will save my 'hood when it happens next and post it if it'll help.  Smiley  Perhaps the pay version will freeze less.  Smiley

(Random funny...  When I first started here I really thought this was a pay site and was amazed when I was able to 'hack' into it and create my account for free by following a link posted on another site.  Woo for noobs...  lulz!)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: 2010 February 19, 10:36:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Random funny...  When I first started here I really thought this was a pay site and was amazed when I was able to 'hack' into it and create my account for free by following a link posted on another site.  Woo for noobs...  lulz!)

Umm, this is a pay site, if you haven't been paying your subscriptions you can expect a bill in the mail shortly. How far are you in arrears?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: 2010 February 19, 10:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can people be so blatant about not paying their subscriptions? And think that it is somehow FUNNY?  Angry Huh

This is the best site on the internet, and worth every penny.

More F than you
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 134 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: