More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 19, 05:28:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6510 Members
Latest Member: TGTams
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  Pudding Factory
| | |-+  TS3 Pregnancy Length Pack FINAL - 12hrs to 9mos!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS3 Pregnancy Length Pack FINAL - 12hrs to 9mos!  (Read 80911 times)
Ashkitty
Blathering Buffoon

Now with Less Mania!

View Profile
Re: TS3 Pregnancy Length Pack FINAL - 12hrs to 9mos!
« Reply #25 on: 2009 June 26, 11:48:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ashkitty, is there a way to make a mod like this where the labor is longer?  2 hour labor is not realistic at all...hehe...

Yes,  there is. Tutorial time!

Lets take my basic nine day. Open it up. Look at the code. The two relevant values are these:

<kHourToStartContractions value="213">

<kHoursOfPregnancy value="216">

See those numbers? The difference between them is how long labor is. I would leave "hours to start contractions" at 213, or whatever value it is, and increase hoursofpregnancy by one for each hour of labor I would like.

It really is very easy. Download S3PI and do it yourself.

Now, what I'm not going to do is go through and do that, for every one of these files, then resave them all and release different versions for each length. I already feel I've been a bit generous with people's requests for time, and until I find something with pregnancy I actually have a problem with, I'm done. As it is I think a quick labor is best for my simmies. I've never had a babby, but I'm scared of doing so, and I would want my sims to be comfortable and quick too. It's still a game!

Also I prefer home births and watching sims bleat at me gets irritating pretty quick.

Cutlass kitty demands treasure! Yaarrr!
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 June 26, 12:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As it is I think a quick labor is best for my simmies. I've never had a babby, but I'm scared of doing so, and I would want my sims to be comfortable and quick too. It's still a game!

Yeah, take it from me -- 75 hour labor with the epidural falling out (and them first just thinking you're resistant) so you have to do it au natural while being all exhausted and having half the hospital staff monitoring you to see if they need to CUT the babby out is... no fun.

But then again, a "difficult birth" negative moodlet could be awesome if someone could figure out how to make moodlets. XD MOAR MOODLETS!
Razamataz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 June 26, 12:33:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know if its your mod, But its a realy good guess. My sim went back to work for the last 3 days of her pregnancy. Just thought I'd let you know.
Ashkitty
Blathering Buffoon

Now with Less Mania!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 June 26, 12:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Raz, that is weird. Can you tell me which length you were using?

MissKitty: I want to cuddle you because you share the name of my very first cat, who I got when I was three and who died last month. She had an amazing 20 years, but I am still in mourning. Sad

On the labor thing... oh my god, wow, 75 hours? That by far tops the labor times I can think of off the top of my head. That is just awful, and I'm sure it was a nightmare. (But the babby was probably worth it in your eyes.)

I am terrified most of hospital birth. I am but an ignorant girl, but I'm firmly convinced that midwife/dr/home -- with a hospital 10 minutes max drive and transportation ready, ideally -- is the way to go. Shitty epidural placement? Shitty diagnosis? Shitty people everywhere, crowding you, stressing you, freaking out and talking about cutting your bits up.. augherekhl;k. *twitch!*

I haven't ruled out a birth center type birth, though. Not a hospital, but not as comfy as home. I also want pain meds, which I know they can do at home, but not to what extent.

Which, of course, may be me talking out of my ass (like non-parents giving parental advice). I might not even end up with kid/s; they're scary too. But I am terrified of hospitals and doctors and nurses and the whole hospital labor pushy-shovey experience. Gah.

Also, on topic, more moodlets would be great! But iono how yet. :3

Cutlass kitty demands treasure! Yaarrr!
Razamataz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 June 26, 19:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Think it was the middle one. As I removed it and deleted same. Going to try the new version though.
MissKitty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 June 27, 10:16:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MissKitty: I want to cuddle you because you share the name of my very first cat, who I got when I was three and who died last month. She had an amazing 20 years, but I am still in mourning. Sad

Aww. *cuddle and hands you one of my annoying cats* It used to be MizzKitty, actually, from my 12-years, but while that went over all right on PMBD when I was active there, I figured they'd eviscerate me here at the MATY board for the z's. XD

Frightened rambling about giving birth.

*snort* after the birth and especially after the whole nightmare of me not being allowed to rest because they thought I should try and breastfeed all the time (never mind that I couldn't), I was SO ready to just leave him at the hospital. Or, alternately, leave him with his dad and go to some tropical island all by myself. Sometimes you just need SLEEP. Took me a couple of months after that to fully understand why I wanted a baby in the first place. XD

Around here, it's midwives assisting your birth, even at the hospital. The epidural was placed by an anesthesiologist and there was a doc at the ready in case they needed to open me, but that was it for the docs. I like midwives, but it got a little frustrating when a new one would come in and contradict the one before her. Finally, I just said 'fuck it', and did what I felt would work. Didn't take too long after that. (Of course, being double-triple-quadrouple induced because I was falling asleep and labor was stopping HELPED, seeing as that hurt as a BITCH.)

But don't let me frighten you. XD

Also, on topic, more moodlets would be great! But iono how yet. :3

It would be AWESOME! Regarding pregnancy/birth, I'd also like a random NEGATIVE moodlet for pregnancy (not just for the ones that don't care for children, because sometimes pregnancy just SUCKS) and I'd also like a very uncomfortable moodlet from the sim whenever she tries to sit down or use the bathroom for x hours/days after she gets home. You figure out why. ;P

No, they are not requests as I know it's impossible, just me living in my very own fantasy land...
missaaliyah
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 June 29, 09:25:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, I'm currently playing a hood, where I the sims living for the second shortest lifespan, so the 12 hours will come in handy for that.  Will have to remember to take it out for my legacy, but thanks again.
wendylady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 July 05, 20:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello,

Not sure if this is the spot to put this , but I have Awesome mod and yours , used the 9 day and they time off for my sim keep going up in days so I did what save take out thing and such for both mods. What has happen now is my poor sim is forever prego she stop aging and is at 0 day tell adult and has now 20+ some days off work, going on week 4 with no babies. Each day seem to add days to her time off. Not sure how this bugged happened, any other other my sims have been fine with no bug so far, just the two Females on the same lot who have gotten knock up.

Is there a way to force the birth? or do I have to just Nuke the town?
geekgirl
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 July 05, 21:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is just an idea, maybe worth a shot - try feeding her ambrosia, see if she will have the kid while not about to age, and then shift-click her and trigger age transition to get her back to her proper age? She's got plenty of time off to learn to make ambrosia after all.  Wink

wendylady
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 July 05, 21:40:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sadly this happened to my Legacy family. And she was not at age 0 when she got prgo she was hafe way thought her YA stage.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: