Preface: I deleted my ponderings on teen woohoo that were here originally since that has, thankfully, been made a moot point at this time. This is also pretty officially my last update on this. On to the treasuaarrr!
Ashkitty's TS3 Pregnancy Lengths Pack
My original nine day mod (vr 1.5) has not changed, I just renamed it and stuck it in this pack. You don't have to redownload it.
This is [now] a set of Pregnancy Mods that changes the time your sims are pregnant, with a few other miniscule tweaks. I hope you're all happy now! ;P
I have tested things on my game, and everything seems to be working well. If you use this, please let me know. I'm a terrible debugger, but if you find any problems specifically related to this, I would like to hear about them!
STANDARD NINE DAY PREGNANCY
"Still my favorite, not too little or too much for me!"
- Sims water will break when they go into labor!
- Sims pregnancy lasts nine days instead of four.
- Will begin showing pregnancy at four days.
- Start preggo walking after six days.
- Sims show full belly after seven days. Should blend up in size.
- Pregnant sims now get nine days off work.
- Will start having a chance of pregnancy motives at 12 hours, up from 8. Nausea should not be affected.
- Maximum days as an NPC Baby changed to 3, up from one. Why was it one. o_o
Bug fix: A time issue has been changed with baby birth. If you had an issue with vr 1.0, this should change things. If you install it during the middle of a pregnancy, I have no idea if it applies to that birth, so when it doubt, has another babby!
Bonus feature: You get a slightly increased chance of having multiples from listening to both kid tv and kid raido together (raised from the bonus you already get from vanilla TS3).
--> FROM HERE ON, everything remains the same as in my original mod, except for what is explicitly stated.
TWELVE HOUR PREGNANCY
"Like an In'n'Out burger, only arguably less delicious!"
- Symptoms begin at hour: 1
- Small belly visible at hour: 4
- Funny walk starts at hour: 6
- Big belly time at hour: 8
- Begin contractions at hour 10 (has babby at 12hr)
- Special to 12hr: Contractions are 10 minutes shorter, cause.. it makes sense..
- Special to 12hr: No days off.
*I didn't want to make this as instant as possible, as I've seen a "have baby now" in the advanced debug options enabled by Pescado's awesome Awesomemod. It is not yet fully supported I believe, and I noticed it on an already pregnant sim only. If it doesn't work now (which incidentally I think it does...) then it likely will soon. Use that.
THIRTY DAY PREGNANCY
"Give mom more time to be both bloated and pampered, especially for Epic Lifers!"
- Symptoms begin at day: 5
- Small belly visible at day: 15
- Funny walk starts at day: 20
- Big belly time at day: 25
- Begin contractions on day: 30
- Special to 30day: 30 days off.
THE REAL NINE MONTH PREGNANCY
"If you use this, I personally think you are some sort of crazy. But, I guess we're all a little crazy, so enjoy it!"
- Symptoms begin in: 3rd month
- Small belly visible in: 6th month
- Funny walk starts at in: 7th month
- Big belly time starts in: 8th month
- Begin contractions on: End of 9th month, day 270 and hour 6480 specifically... wow!
- Special to 9mo: 30 days off, still. I do not know how to make "off work" start, say, near the END of the pregnancy rather than immidiately after the sim gets pregnant. Sorry. I figured 30 days off would make signifigantly more people happy than 270 days off, really.
Now, I hope everyone's happy! Furthermore, while I shall be supporting and stomping bugs out of these (though there shouldn't be any at all), I won't be making any more of these particular mods. I find this is a good range, and if you want something different, it's really not hard to do it yourself. Download S3PI tools and open any one of my packages in them. Edit the file and save it as your own.
It's really easy to figure out what's what, the code for this modification is pretty well-noted. If you want to do just this and run into trouble, pop me a pm or email and I'll be glad to help.
Oh, and I don't care whatsoever if you redistribute, just please, throw me a bone and credit me somewhere, and leave this original readme. Thanks!
- Fully compatible with Awesomemod because Awesomemod is awesome.
- DO NOT INSTALL MORE THAN ONE OF THESE AT A TIME! I don't know that it would break your game, but it would probably screw something up at least temporarily. So just don't. I don't do tech support for that.
- Can't Woohoo? Romance more. Yes, even if you're max relationship. My mod does not touch this.
- Having 11, 20, 82 babies? Not my mod. Official bug.
- Think my mod might be the problem? Don't delete it yet! Do this EXACTLY:
1. When you notice a problem, stop. Use "Save As" and save your game under a brand NEW name. This way you will still have your old last save.
2. Close game entirely.
3. Restart game. Is the problem still there?
3a. Yes - remove my mod and try again.
3b. No - See? Not my mod.
If you answered Yes to 3a, please email me with a detailed account of the bug and I will either try to fix it, or direct you to some help.