More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 01:45:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lol, how to marry Don to Cassandra...:)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lol, how to marry Don to Cassandra...:)  (Read 16443 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Lol, how to marry Don to Cassandra...:)
« on: 2005 November 18, 14:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For all "Don Lovers"...Smiley.

I wrote here that I hate Don Lothario, because he left Cassie at the altar.

Well, I began to play Brandi Broke's house. She got a medicine job, and brough Don with her from work. As I didn't want to befriend them, I used "moveobjects", and deleted him.The next day she brough him again, this time with 45/45 relationship.

Now I did my grave mistake, took a shot, and wrote that I can't stand the guy...Smiley. Then I deleted him again.

After I played there until Dustin went to college, I passed to the Goth's house.

And here, the simulator took it's revenge...Smiley.

I told Cassie to get married - and Don DIDN'T run away.
I exited without saving, returned back, selected Don, and told him to get married - alas, he married Cassie without any objection!!!
I exited again without saving, told again Cassie to get married - and the b...rd accepted again to be married!

And all this, without red sign over his head!

...And all I wanted was to play the Goths without him...Smiley.

I was desperate, enterred his house, exited with save, and moved the house to the house bin, then deleted it (I can't kill a sim, lol).

Now, Don lovers, just play first another family, when Don appears - take a shoot and write that you can't stand him; then enter the Goth's house - a happy wedding is going to be performed for sure!

Arrggghhh...Smiley.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
Re: Lol, how to marry Don to Cassandra...:)
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 18, 14:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I sort of agree with you there Gali. If you don't want to marry the girl/guy tell them straight out, don't ditch them at the altar Cheesy

If you're not 100 % sure that marriage/joined union (I include this, because the option exists in my country, so there..) is the 'thing' for you, don't even try.

Thanks for the info, maybe I'll have him marry Cassandra and then torture him a little (because... I can) Cheesy

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 18, 16:36:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny that your just wrote about this because I just played the Goth house last night (I reset Pleasantview). I did NOT want Don to marry Cassandra but no matter how many times I tried, he would always accept her proposal and get married. After about 6 tries, I finally made him selectable and had him break up with her. She hates him now and attacked him several times. But I was still disappointed because I wanted him to leave her at the altar and have Cassandra go into aspiration failure (I really don't like her).  I know when I first got the game and played the Goth house, Don DID leave Cassandra, so I don't know why this time around he was just as happy as a clam to marry her. Undecided

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 18, 16:46:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason Don skips out on Cassie is because their relationship is not high enough.  It is a trap.  If you play Don first and get their relationship up then go to the Goth house you shouldn't have trouble.  Marrying them is not a good idea though,he is much happier with Nina or Dina(nina first).  He and Cassie mostly just co-exist but with Nina he can't keep his hands off her--at least in my game.  Cassie seems a bit cold, I have been tempted to change her aspiration but nothing else seems to fit.  She was kind of a nothing in my other games but with NL she has become the DIVA.  I had to buy her a Limo to fit her attitude she was always so humble but now she is in every outing and when I entered the Goth house for the first time,she was fat(didn't have any blue on her meter).  I guess that is the price you pay to live the high life.  I had to max her body because she gets into so many fights.  I leave her trash can laying down because the moment it is put up someone comes and knocks it over again(need to get a hack).  I use the InSIMenator to delete the trash.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 18, 17:02:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, Process, I didn't increase their relationship at all, it was 85/75 (something like that), and all the times I enterred there, and orderred Cassie to get married (I didn't invite friends) - he ALWAYS left her at the altar.

I play TS2 from it's issue (July 2004?), and played in Pleasantview more than 20 times from scratch - and today was the FIRST time that Don accepted non-stop to be married.

Usually I always begin with the Goths, not with another family, and then I pass to another family (usually Broke).

KellyQ, did you started to play with the Goths, or were they your second house (or more)? It really is very interesting...Smiley.

I really like Cassie, because I liked her when she was a kid, in TS1. There I always played first the Goths, the passed to the Newbies.

It's a matter of a nostalgy...Smiley.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 18, 17:05:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should play Don's house before playing the Goth's and then invite Cassanra over and hae her catch Don woohoing with Nina or Dina. Then you can have them break up.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 18, 17:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason Don skips out on Cassie is because their relationship is not high enough.  It is a trap.  If you play Don first and get their relationship up then go to the Goth house you shouldn't have trouble.  Marrying them is not a good idea though,he is much happier with Nina or Dina(nina first).  He and Cassie mostly just co-exist but with Nina he can't keep his hands off her--at least in my game.  Cassie seems a bit cold, I have been tempted to change her aspiration but nothing else seems to fit.  She was kind of a nothing in my other games but with NL she has become the DIVA.  I had to buy her a Limo to fit her attitude she was always so humble but now she is in every outing and when I entered the Goth house for the first time,she was fat(didn't have any blue on her meter).  I guess that is the price you pay to live the high life.  I had to max her body because she gets into so many fights.  I leave her trash can laying down because the moment it is put up someone comes and knocks it over again(need to get a hack).  I use the InSIMenator to delete the trash.

I do the exact same thing when I want Don and Cassendra to break-up which is play with the Goth house 1st.  They broke up in my game.

Crammyboy as already made a hack for that, I am using it and it works fine, I played Don for 5 Sim days in a roll and Cassendra did not knock his garbage can once since I install this hack:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1405.0  I would also suggest you use this one unless you don't mind your Sim stops everything they do to watch a fight:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1308.0
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 18, 17:12:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should play Don's house before playing the Goth's and then invite Cassanra over and hae her catch Don woohoing with Nina or Dina. Then you can have them break up.

Andygal, I did it a couple of times - they broke up OK. But I wanted to see the mood failure, with the shrinks, and when Don leaves her at the altar - she hates him almost -100/-100, while when they break up, she still wants to return to him.
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 18, 17:15:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, Process, I didn't increase their relationship at all, it was 85/75 (something like that), and all the times I enterred there, and orderred Cassie to get married (I didn't invite friends) - he ALWAYS left her at the altar.

I play TS2 from it's issue (July 2004?), and played in Pleasantview more than 20 times from scratch - and today was the FIRST time that Don accepted non-stop to be married.

Usually I always begin with the Goths, not with another family, and then I pass to another family (usually Broke).

KellyQ, did you started to play with the Goths, or were they your second house (or more)? It really is very interesting...Smiley.

I really like Cassie, because I liked her when she was a kid, in TS1. There I always played first the Goths, the passed to the Newbies.

It's a matter of a nostalgy...Smiley.

I played Don't house first but I didn't have him invite Cassandra over because I wanted the aspiration failure when he left her at the altar.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 18, 17:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think a lot has changed with NL;ie,the Dreamer's bills being gone.  Maybe,the rejection is not guaranteed any more.  I actually like Don in NL.  I think he is different somehow.  Maybe because he was allowed to be himself more.  In my last game,I made him a townie cause I hated him.  He is going to be an elder in three days in this game.  I had he and Cassie marry once,but at his house in my first game but I didn't like them being together so I immediately started over so I never experience the rejection at the alter.  I liked Cassie and didn't want that in her memories.  This game she caught Don cheating(this time it was on accident I actually wanted them to stay together for a while) But what was funny is that Don caught Nina and Dina cheating before he was able to get with them.  I thought that was funny.  Obviously, Don forgave her cause they are now married and perma-plat.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 18, 18:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There must be a disturbance in the Force because now I'm having the same problem with Don not high tailing it out of that wedding.  I played Don first after my recent reset and Cassandra called him up to talk.  I didn't think much of it untill I went to the Goth's to play them.  Now that their relationship is higher they're getting married without fuss.

I think I might have some fun with this though.  Mortimer is engaged and ready to be married to Dina, and Don and Dina are in love.  So the proverbial crap is about to hit the fan there.  Then there's Nina, who Don will most likely invite over to the Goth house and get caught woohooing with.  Man, talk about entertainment value.   Grin   
« Last Edit: 2005 November 18, 20:00:32 by Trepie » Logged
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 18, 18:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chances are the reason Cassandra is now accepting Don (which she did in my game right from the start anyway) is because she has had a vision (rather like the mythical Cassandra) of how Don looks as a teen with a floppy hairdo.  Oh, silly me, it's Don who is accepting Cassandra, not the other way around.  Not to worry, gave me another chance to mention the teenage Don and his floppy hairdo.  I really am in need of a man in a white coat to drop down from the sky.

Don is HOT HOT HOT.  (Sorry, it just slipped out).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 18, 19:49:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason this now happens is because of the new chemistry system. Since the turn-ons and turn-offs are so nonspecific that they match half the sims in the game, you'll probably get at least a partial zot that brings the "effective" relationship up to levels where that it works (chemistry works by basically increasing the level of relationship with regards to acceptance/rejection of all reactions by several points - that's basically it...). Thus, Don may be sufficiently attracted to not bolt for the hills.

All in all, marrying Don is a positive move for the Goth bloodline, though: You can fix their horrible laziness since Don is active! Nina is also important for this if Dina marries Mortimer and has any children.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 18, 23:28:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The reason this now happens is because of the new chemistry system. Since the turn-ons and turn-offs are so nonspecific that they match half the sims in the game, you'll probably get at least a partial zot that brings the "effective" relationship up to levels where that it works (chemistry works by basically increasing the level of relationship with regards to acceptance/rejection of all reactions by several points - that's basically it...). Thus, Don may be sufficiently attracted to not bolt for the hills.

All in all, marrying Don is a positive move for the Goth bloodline, though: You can fix their horrible laziness since Don is active! Nina is also important for this if Dina marries Mortimer and has any children.

Sorry to refute your thesis, JMP. Indeed I was curious about your new "chemistry" thesis (which makes sense), and as I keep always the default Pleasantview - I restored it just now, but now I enterred the Goth's house first.

Ha, ha - the hated nincompoop RUNNED away all right!!! And Cassie hated him -100/-100, as the usual consequence.

So it has nothing to do with the chemistry...Smiley.
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 19, 03:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had to start my game over from scratch, and the Goths were the first family I played, so my Don has been married to my Cassandra from Day One. Of course, he doesn't really seem to realize he's married to Cassandra, as he keeps on messing about with Nina, Dina, Kaylynn, and Lucy.

Here he is, shortly before he bought new clothes (and had public woohoo with Lucy the maid, earning himself 3 public woohoos in the process):

He doesn't look so bad when you change his hair and add some makeup.

I wish I had a picture of his son, miniDon, who has Don's original silly poofy hair and runs around acting all slick and romance-like, even though he's only a kid. I think I'm going to make him a romance sim, which is kind of silly of me, because I'm also going to make him get married. Oh well. At least he's not ugly like miniCassandra, whose face has all the wrong angles. Of course, their names aren't ACTUALLY miniDon and miniCassandra, they're Troy and Antigone (and Dina's children with Mortimer are Medea and Ajax. Except Ajax is actually Don's son, but that's a Big Secret.) Naming conventions. Yes.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 19, 06:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to refute your thesis, JMP. Indeed I was curious about your new "chemistry" thesis (which makes sense), and as I keep always the default Pleasantview - I restored it just now, but now I enterred the Goth's house first.

Ha, ha - the hated nincompoop RUNNED away all right!!! And Cassie hated him -100/-100, as the usual consequence.
Nope, that actually pretty much reaffirms it. Remember: The "default" Pleasantview exists pre-NL. Meaning the characters are stored with no turns-ons and turn-offs. The game thus immediately generates random ones for you.

If these random ones for Don and Cassandra match, this may be enough to push the marriage over the acceptance line. If they fail to match up, you crash and burn unless you perform extra interactions to boost the relationship level.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 19, 07:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope, that actually pretty much reaffirms it. Remember: The "default" Pleasantview exists pre-NL. Meaning the characters are stored with no turns-ons and turn-offs. The game thus immediately generates random ones for you.

If these random ones for Don and Cassandra match, this may be enough to push the marriage over the acceptance line. If they fail to match up, you crash and burn unless you perform extra interactions to boost the relationship level.

Well, it really makes sense! Didn't think about it...Smiley.

Consider myself nominated...Smiley.
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 19, 07:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why everyone hates Cassandra. In my Pleasantview (after an intensive makeover) she is one of my favorite characters, Happily joined to Brandi Broke. They make a sweet couple. Don....I get it. He knocked up half the neighborhood, and now lives in the shack. Too bad for him.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 19, 10:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I actually like Don more than Cassandra. Don is actually useful. Cassandra is lazy. Fortunately, the children seem not to have inherited her laziness.

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 19, 14:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know why everyone hates Cassandra. In my Pleasantview (after an intensive makeover) she is one of my favorite characters, Happily joined to Brandi Broke. They make a sweet couple. Don....I get it. He knocked up half the neighborhood, and now lives in the shack. Too bad for him.
lol that is a slightly different spin on things.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
lauraglenn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 November 19, 15:31:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I actually like Don more than Cassandra. Don is actually useful. Cassandra is lazy. Fortunately, the children seem not to have inherited her laziness.

I love Cassandra.  Well, I changed her personality a bit, increased the neatness and the shyness, gave her a make over and now she's a fabulous sim.  She married Don (in both of my restarts of the game), had 2 kids by him, kicked him out when she found him cheating with Dina, and then married Darren.  She's going for the 10 children want.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 November 19, 15:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love Cassandra.  Well, I changed her personality a bit, increased the neatness and the shyness, gave her a make over and now she's a fabulous sim.  She married Don (in both of my restarts of the game), had 2 kids by him, kicked him out when she found him cheating with Dina, and then married Darren.  She's going for the 10 children want.

I love Cassandra too. I also changed her personality, I made her more active. I married her to Darren as well, but without going through Don first. I did the Kitiara thing and put him in a shack. It's his own fault, he's paying child support (via money-order) to three women.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 November 19, 18:51:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did the Kitiara thing and put him in a shack. It's his own fault, he's paying child support (via money-order) to three women.

You know, that is what we need: a way to make all of these 'romance' sims with masses of illegitimate children pay child support. (I know you can do it with the money order, but I am not going to remember to keep doing that)

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 November 19, 19:22:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good idea Kitiara. It would be a nice little mod/hack, I never thought of it. I just got frustrated when one of the women (I forget which one) had to buy a new stove. It was FURBAR'd, not even the debugmode could fix it. Poor thing didn't have any money left for groceries, and had to settle for the cheapest stove, while Don was carousing around with money to spare. Oh well, I put a stop to that right quickly, social justice for all  Grin

Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 November 19, 20:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hehehe, well, I solved my problem of Don marrying Cassandra pretty easily.  I had Nina invite Don on a date to the Crypt O' Night.  And who was the first person that walked up onto the lot when they got out of the taxi?  You guessed it.  After that was over I went back to the Goth's and watched as the drama insued.

Dina also caught Nina and Don when she got home from work.  And she was none too thrilled about it either.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: