More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 09:40:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Teensy Tiny Minor Bug with pillow fighting
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Teensy Tiny Minor Bug with pillow fighting  (Read 3402 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Teensy Tiny Minor Bug with pillow fighting
« on: 2005 November 22, 08:44:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So I was playing today and I noticed something funny with pillow fighting. I don't know if this is a side-effect of the noroadpillows hack... or just something totally buggy about pillow fighting in general. I directed one of my sims to head towards his dorm room so he could satisfy a mutual want to play/pillow fighting with his boyfriend (the ongoing saga of Esteban Legado and Matthew Hart Cheesy).

Anyhew, of course, since the dorm rooms are so tiny, there was some traffic issues upon reaching the bed room. I sent my sim over, had him "Call Over" Matthew, and then I attempted to queue up a pillow fight. Well... Esteban got a little impatient, and by the time Matthew managed to get inside of the bedroom, Esteban was in the middle of exiting. Tongue I somehow managed to queue up the pillow fight and as you can see from the pictures attached, they had a magical or telekinetic? pillow fight through the wall.  Shocked

Sometimes I manage to queue the pillow fight, and then end up both walking out of the bedroom for more space to swing their pillows.  Roll Eyes But this time, Matthew was "stuck" on the inside when Esteban was on the outside. Regardless, the interaction was accepted and the pillow fight animation began despite the fact that there was a wall between them. Hehe.  Grin

I was too lazy to check the noroadpillows hack, but maybe you could add a check that they are in the same room? Like I said, it's pretty minor, and actually quite amusing, but not very realistic. Smiley

Ste

[attachment deleted by admin]

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Teensy Tiny Minor Bug with pillow fighting
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 22, 11:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this a lot in my game. I'll have one sim outside on the deck pillowfighting his brother who is on the other side of the wall in the living room. You're right, it's not very realistic. It is kind of funny to see, though!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 22, 12:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Me too, even when I didn't have the nopillowfight mod. I had this happen with the hacky sack too, but that seriously buggered my game (what with stuck hacky sacks and such), so I was glad when the hacky sack mod came out.

And I agree Brynne, although it's seriously weird, it's still funny to watch.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
mishymoto
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 22, 14:39:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's stupid, but still hilarious!  If it can be fixed, that would be great, but if not, oh well.  Although I'm sure His Awesomness or TJ can figure it out in all their spare time!

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~ Sir Winston Churchill
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 22, 14:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would have been even funnier with Crammyboy's fish pillow replacement.  Cheesy
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 22, 19:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would have been even funnier with Crammyboy's fish pillow replacement.  Cheesy

This made me imagine what I would think if I walked into a room to see a guy randomly slamming a large fish up against the wall while laughing hysterically.

So creepy.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 22, 20:53:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny, eaglezero!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »