More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 23:04:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor  (Read 709087 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: TOOL: TS3 Recompressor
« Reply #200 on: 2010 August 15, 11:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod doesn't edit the parking spaces themselves, it cloaks them using scriptcode, so the OBJD is untouched. It's not even using core hook for this: It just cloaks them when you leave build/buy, and decloaks them when you enter build/buy.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: 2010 August 15, 12:48:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The CC was some kitchen clutter stuff, worked perfectly before Ambitions (or the patch) but became problematic after that and had to be removed.
What kitchen clutter stuff? So I can see if I have it.

I had 10 items by lemonc, the files start with "lemonc_" followed by the item name, and 4 items by "Hana_Sculpture" followed by the item name.  I think they all came from MTS.  I didn't bother trying to work through them one by one or anything, just dumped the lot and left them out.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
Anach
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: 2010 August 15, 20:01:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AwesomeMod doesn't edit the parking spaces themselves, it cloaks them using scriptcode, so the OBJD is untouched. It's not even using core hook for this: It just cloaks them when you leave build/buy, and decloaks them when you enter build/buy.

I've been unsuccessful in getting my game to freeze since removing those two OBJD, and before that it was quite consistant. I went through every recategorizer package until narrowing it down to the one containing those files. I went though the most obvious OBJD first. I've cleared caches and reloaded several times to test. Maybe it's just coincidence, and something was wrong with those files in the mod. Maybe something odd happens to your script when those OBJD are duplicated into the mods directory and decrapified, I can't say, but those were just the files I removed first.  However, saying that, I'll probably load up the game later and start getting freezes again. Keep in mind that I only started having these issues when decrapifying certain objects.

Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: 2010 August 24, 21:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would someone care to explain to me, in brief, what this tool is used for?

Things you might want to include in your answer:
Scenarios: Symptom + process + result
Basic run command usage
Most commonly used for...
+anything else you deem relevant  Wink
I care! I care to explain! So that I can see if I understood right...

Symptom: you can't install in the game the .Sims3pack files of Store objects since the game recognises they are have been downloaded illegally.
Process: create a folder, put in it the .Sims3pack files you want to "decrapify", put in that same folder the applications "decrapify.exe" and "s3rc.exe"; now drag and drop the .Sims3pack files onto the "decrapify.exe" app. A DOS window will open for some seconds and close itself. Put the now-decrapified files in the usual Downloads folder.
Result: When you open the Launcher you will be *finally* able to install the stuff through there. Play and enjoy!  Wink

I just tried it and it works, though I'm new to the procedure and thus I might be doing something wrong. For example there is still something I didn't understand about decrapifing "everything": I include saved games, but then what else?
« Last Edit: 2010 August 24, 21:30:20 by Daphoenyx » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: 2010 August 24, 21:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it worked, then you're not doing it wrong.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: 2010 August 24, 22:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know, I still have to try saved games... Right now I'm enjoying my "long-time-no-see" Store stuff... And then I'll download the things from the latest months... I'm so happy  Grin

This tool makes wonders... Thanks Pescado and the others who "helped" me find this thread  Wink

EDIT: I don't understand how to decrapify saved games...  Undecided They are not in .Sims3pack format... So what am I supposed to do?  Huh
« Last Edit: 2010 August 26, 07:41:21 by Daphoenyx » Logged
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: 2010 August 25, 13:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Decrapifying works on .sims3pack and .package.  And don't double post.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: 2010 August 26, 07:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok I edited the previous message.

Anyway do I have to decrapify every single .package file contained only into the .sims3 saved game? Or also in the .sims3.backup saved game?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: 2010 August 26, 13:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a post in this thread telling you what to decrapify.

Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: 2010 August 30, 17:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I can't find it I'm gonna decrapify the single .package file in the save folder.
georgin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: 2010 September 01, 17:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's on page 1, a post by Pescado :
"If you decrapify objects, you must decrapify all of your SAVED GAMES (.nhd & .packages in your .sims3), PRESETS (userPresets.package), and LIBRARY."
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 2010 September 12, 10:32:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

2. If you decrapify objects, you must decrapify all of your SAVED GAMES (.nhd & .packages in your .sims3), PRESETS (userPresets.package), and LIBRARY.
Thanks I already read it, but couldn't understand since there were no such files in the Saves folder. So I deleted my saved games since I didn't need them anyway. Now I found those files in the main folder, but I guess I won't need to decrapify them anymore since I started new games since. Or do I [need to decrapify them anyway]?
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 2010 September 12, 15:21:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I found those files in the main folder, but I guess I won't need to decrapify them anymore since I started new games since. Or do I [need to decrapify them anyway]?
A fresh game probably isn't going to have undecrapified store items in it.  If you do have a save with undecrapified items in it, the game will just replace them with other objects when it loads.

Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: 2010 September 12, 19:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the game will just replace them with other objects when it loads.
I noticed that, that's why I got pissed and deleted the old saved games and started from scrap  Wink
JaneCrayon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 2010 September 23, 15:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

got problem with recompressor... i follow the steps (put s3pack into folder, decrapify.exe and s3rc.exe into same folder, put s3pack into decrap...) but nothing happens to s3pack... no change in properties, so it can't be installed. Any suggestions?
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 2010 September 23, 15:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

no change in properties, so it can't be installed. Any suggestions?
What do you mean, no change in properties? There is no apparent change with the file (other than a smaller size). Did you put it in the downloads folder, or double-click to try to install it?
JaneCrayon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 2010 September 23, 15:50:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean - it has same size and same date and time as before decrapifying. And I put it into downloads folder.
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 2010 September 23, 18:45:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know...  Undecided Weird... I just wrote to you on the other topic that the first time I decrapified it, it happened the same to me (no changes). The second time it worked...
JaneCrayon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 2010 September 23, 18:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now it is decrapyfied (or it acts like it is), but it won't install anyway. Maybe I'm really retarded Grin
Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 2010 September 23, 20:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry but I have no idea what it could be... I'm fairly new to this decrapifying thing myself.

And anyway, as they'll probably tell you in a second:
YES, YOU'RE RETARDED! LURK MOAR! STOP WHINING!
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
jezzer
Grammar Police

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 2010 September 23, 22:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's like watching Juliette Lewis and Giovanni Ribisi fall in love on "The Other Sister".

Daphoenyx
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 2010 September 24, 10:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Glad you are (not) enjoying the show  Grin
Suzalilli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: 2010 September 27, 12:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I've been forced to register because I've been lurking here for ages and I still don't have a frickin' clue what 'decrapify' is or does, or how I do it, or whether I need to do it at all.

It's all very well hiding behind your multi-screens playing WoW with one hand and writing The Ultimate Question in binary with the other, using snarky comments to make yourselves feel better than the rest of us poor peasants, but what is the point of having a forum if you don't actually want to HELP people?!!!

Any forum that uses Monty Python references to complete the registration process doesn't really want anyone but like-minded souls to join up, so you can all be snarky to each other with oblique references to 'pop' culture of 30 years ago.

Some of us can switch on a laptop, cruise comfortably around most of its programs and features and switch it off when we're done. We can't all be technical, Linux using geniuses and for that I apologise.

So, in layman's terms of one syllable or less, can someone please explain this to me. Preferably without snarkiness but I understand I have to take what I give.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Edit: As tempted as it was to double post just to watch various blood pressures go through the roof, I am editing to add that I have found a superb tutorial telling me exactly what I need to know. I didn't even have to trawl through all your flaming posts in a search. For anyone else wandering lost and aimless around the expletive ridden annals of MOTY, here it is: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,19170.0.html
« Last Edit: 2010 September 27, 13:10:22 by Suzalilli » Logged
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 2010 September 27, 13:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My goodness, what an entitled little snowflake we are.

It's all very well hiding behind your multi-screens playing WoW with one hand and writing The Ultimate Question in binary with the other, using snarky comments to make yourselves feel better than the rest of us poor peasants, but what is the point of having a forum if you don't actually want to HELP people?!!!

This is going to be a new concept, so take a deep breath and be willing to try thinking - not everything is about you.

At least you can spell.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: 2010 September 27, 13:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

what is the point of having a forum if you don't actually want to HELP people?!!!
Congratulations, you managed to answer your own question:

so you can all be snarky to each other with oblique references to 'pop' culture of 30 years ago.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: