More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 23:10:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No Autonomous SSX3 hack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Autonomous SSX3 hack  (Read 21082 times)
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
No Autonomous SSX3 hack
« on: 2005 July 26, 23:52:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See title. Does such a beastie exist? Wink

It's bad enough that they get spontaneous urges to play SSX when they're supposed to be doing something more useful, but at least if I see the computer randomly turn up in their queue I can delete it. The problem is when I've got uni students writing a term paper, and they get bored before the end and start playing SSX. As "Write Term Paper" and "Play SSX 3" have the same icon, I don't always find out until they've been doing it a while Angry.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: No Autonomous SSX3 hack
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 27, 00:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could've sworn I saw someone make a hack for this... but while searching MTS2 for it, I found this instead. However, it completely removes 'Play SSX3' altogether. If you don't mind that, give it a try and see if it works.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 27, 02:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there's an anti-SSX3 hack on Ingelogical.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 27, 02:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

DEATH TO SSX!  There are no automomy computers at MTS2 and also a hack at Simlogical.  I use the one at MTS2 and it works great for the Moneywell and Little sister.  For custom computers, I changed automony in SimPE to 64 and unchecked the user boxes so it doesn't even show up in pie menu.  I hate that game with a passion of the zombies!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 27, 03:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I mean, what was EA *THINKING* when they tried to plug SSX3 in TS2? That has to be the worst publicity move they've ever made. You can already feel the overwhelming urge to not buy that game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 27, 07:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hack at my site, simlogical.com, is a global hack that will make all SSX playing non-autonomous for any computer, apart from if you happen to have a hacked computer where the creator put all the code into the object instead of using the shared code in the semiglobals.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 27, 07:56:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't I already say that?

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 27, 08:41:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I was left perplexed about exactly what you had said about it.  I was trying to put myself in the shoes of the readers and decided I'd have still been confused Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 27, 11:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, I actually bought SSX at least partially because it was featured in The Sims 2, but then I like snowboarding games.  I would actually like to be able to choose which game my Sim gets with their PC though.

IMHO the best way to stop Sims from playing on the computer (and a whole lot of other annoying things)  is to turn off Free Will.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 27, 12:04:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's my view of the matter also. I've supplanted the functionality of "Free will" with Macro Power Idle anyway. It does all the same crap, but a whole lot faster, better, and with less noise and disruption.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 27, 15:34:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What I do is while they are writing their term paper I click on "turn off computer" which they will do as soon as they have finished, then tell them to go and pee, or something, and give them a long list of other things to do!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 27, 15:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never turn off the computer. You don't turn computers off in real life, why should you turn them off in game?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 27, 15:58:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always find if my sims leave them on, they go up in a load of smoke and then I have to get the repairman in!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 27, 15:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Computers always explode after your sim stops using it, for whatever reason. They SHOULD explode when a sim tries to turn it ON, for better realism.

There's an idea: The Linux PC. No games. Less crashing. And never frickin' turn it off, because Linux takes forever to boot up.

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 27, 16:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell, the computers are of little use anyway, exept for job-hunting and 'find own place' purposes. If you absolutely want the pixel-people to play electronic games, get the game-console. For everything else, the phone will do just fine.

At least in TS1 the computer allowed kids to study, this one does not even do that.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 27, 17:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell, the computers are of little use anyway, exept for job-hunting and 'find own place' purposes. If you absolutely want the pixel-people to play electronic games, get the game-console. For everything else, the phone will do just fine.
You can clearly see the political message Maxis is trying to send here: Computer games are not fun anymore.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 July 27, 17:21:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine never stop doing their term paper until I cancel it out.  If I forget them, they will complete the whole thing in one sitting and go way down on fun.  What I usually do when I remember, is let them write half to three-quarters of it, then cancel out the instruction and tell them to play SSX3 instead, which pushes their fun bar up quite quickly, then I get them to finish the term paper.  They can do all this in one sitting without leaving their chair, so the game is quite useful in that respect anyway.  It's not useful at any other time though, mainly because it takes so long to actually get started.  It is also the most irritating noise in the entire game.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 July 27, 17:23:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what if they go way down on fun? Finish the frickin' paper, then go automatically kick a flamingo. No problem.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 July 27, 18:43:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it's Gnohmon's flamingo, it'll probably have just pushed fun up again!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 July 27, 18:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even ordinary flamingos are the top class for "fun objects" in the game. You won't believe it till you've experience the Macrotastic Stuff Kicker.

dawnkeeper
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 July 27, 22:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even ordinary flamingos are the top class for "fun objects" in the game. You won't believe it till you've experience the Macrotastic Stuff Kicker.

I cannot live with out my Macrotastic Stuff Kicker thingy bobber. I have officially banned TV's and computers in my game. My sims have a thing for flamingoes now I swear.

Lurkety, lurk, lurk!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 July 27, 22:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course you do: It's Flamingo Kicking, the Sport of Kings. There are still some sad, benighted heathens who refuse to see the light, though.

Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2005 July 27, 22:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know I think the folks at Maxis have forgotten all the cool stuff you can do with computers these days.  What if each neighbourhood had its own forums, seething with inane posts from the Townies?  Oh wait, hang on, that would be far too realistic Wink

You can also find answers to things that have already been asked, by checking a FAQ or using a search engine.  In game, Sims could use their computers to do research for a term paper or assignment, and pull together information they have already gathered from books, and produce a much higher quality piece of work than if they'd used a pen and pad.  They could pursue their interests, and read fan fiction for their favourite film or TV series.

For cryin' out loud, they could plot their incomings and outgoings on a spreadsheet so they can see if they're spending beyond their means.

About the only thing the Maxoids got remotely right is e-mail, and even then it isn't especially great.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 July 27, 22:45:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps they should invent a new game and call it SimGeeks!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 2005 July 27, 22:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what if they go way down on fun? Finish the frickin' paper, then go automatically kick a flamingo. No problem.
I would sure hate to be one of your Sims.  The poor things must be petrified everytime you click your mouse!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: