More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:04:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 4 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111810 times)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #2025 on: 2009 June 02, 18:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really miss the pianos, if only because the sound in TS3 is so well done that I'd love to hear piano music. I played piano for 10 years. My grand aunt was a concert pianist in Germany. I grew up with that. My personal opinion is that they included the guitar instead because of the success of Guitar Hero.
I too miss the piano, but I would be cool to get the synthesizer like on the sims 2 or some other instrument, but they would probably have their own skills or change the "guitar" skill into the "musical" skill, which is unlikely to happen due to EAxis's track record.

I would actually like that. Playing the guitar well does not equal automagic success with every instrument EVER.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2026 on: 2009 June 02, 18:32:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And yet playing the toddler xylophone gives a bonus towards playing guitar later in life.

Acid_fairy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: 2009 June 02, 18:50:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/665.page

Haha, apparently the speeds haven't been fixed. Did we expect them to?
timelycorruption
Corpulent Cretin

INTP, Explorer/Killer

View Profile
« Reply #2028 on: 2009 June 02, 18:57:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://forums.thesimsresource.com/showthread.php?t=369835

"unfortunately not since sims3 has a totally different and much complicated 'hood system"

Read: EA fail'd and turned the sandbox into MapleStory.

It's not SUPPOSED to be happening, but it apparently is anyway!
kennyinbmore
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: 2009 June 02, 19:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to admit. I'm getting a rather perverse thrill reading the modthesims2 forum. Apparently they're finding out we haven't been playing a "beta" the last 2 weeks  Grin
Mr. Snooley
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: 2009 June 02, 20:02:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to admit. I'm getting a rather perverse thrill reading the modthesims2 forum. Apparently they're finding out we haven't been playing a "beta" the last 2 weeks  Grin

Indeed.

You can only close your eyes and hide from the truth for a certain amount of time ...

... Unless your dead, I guess.
Carokube
Asinine Airhead

Asleep at the wheel.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2031 on: 2009 June 02, 20:12:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is anyone else reading the forum.thesims3.com and getting errors about how they don't have sufficient security access or something to read this thread? For a second I almost thought I got banned after 2 posts. LOL. They've found me out already...

I guess you couldn't call me greedy!
Salomon
Weeaboo Pee Fancier
Blathering Buffoon

Desperate yet?

View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: 2009 June 02, 21:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The male pregnancy has to pertain to the townies spawning random spawn regardless of sex and relationships right?

I think the "males can try for a baby with other males and succeed" bug and the "sims can try for a baby with thin air when you aren't looking to clone themselves" feature are unrelated.

Sorry, I think you can still hold it a bit more...
victoriageras
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: 2009 June 02, 22:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been playing the game for a week and it is quite horrible in my opinion. Reading the entire thread, i respect the assets, that people are recognize to the "monster" but i think sims 3 is nothing more than a big fuss.

The thing that really makes me want to unistall the damn thing is the motives. They are dropping soooooo fast, that i can't nearly explore anything new. I have my female sim try to walk around the city or visit a house, but she is always screaming to go to bed. Althought, i have to recognise, that while she was pregnant her motives were better than if she was pregnant in sims 2 (not dropping so fast).

I know it has been mentioned before, but i hate, detest, can't stand (runninng out of words) the sims. For the love of god, who put "moonface" as a standar bone structure in CAS? Yes, there are people with round faces but there are not like that. When you make them lean and athletic, their heads are like photoshoped to their bodies. Basically i was addicted to Sims for 2 reasons. The first was building and decorating houses and the second was creating sims. Both are lost now.

There is also this social need, that infants, toddlers and children have that i could really use pescado's hack for them ( baby dinner). My sim couple, wakes up in the middle of the night or drop anything that they are doing in order to go and "pet" their spawn. I mean...... arghhhh!!!!

I had a really good laugh previously. My female sim was pregnant (i swear the woman is a rabbit, she has two kids and she gave birth to triplets), she decided to go for a walk in the park, but her waters broke. She went to the hospital and i was waiting for the father to follow, when i suddenly saw this

The husband run to the hosital with one of my toddlers and he stayed there until the woman gave birth. There was no reason to take the child cause there was a baby sitter. Has anything like that happened to you? It was funny!

Oh and an image of my daughter (yes the thing is a daughter)

I don't think that i am going to keep the sims 3 to my pc for long. The game is plain ridiculous. Maybe i will think about it, when a good expansion comes up or there are some cc, like sims!

If you want breakfast at bed,sleep in the kitchen
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: 2009 June 02, 22:14:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ALRIGHT!  NOBODY MOVE OR THE DICK GETS IT!

===

After a couple of hours of play I have to report being surprised that the game isn't as bad as I was expecting from some of the early reports here.  The camera controls were better than I expected, but not as responsive to the mouse as in TS2.  Severe pudding face was not noticed.  

I got the impression from the game tips that changing houses was intended to be permanent.  I mean, we know how it works but it says it's "irreversable" (I think that's the word they used;  I've slept since then).  No wonder they move away while you're playing another house.

I played through a couple of days and while the time doesn't pass as quickly in speed 3 when your Sim is sleeping or working, it does pass somewhat quicker than normal.  It ain't great, but it ain't all that bad, either.

Note:  don't be misled by what's on the box.  The Collector's Edition does not come with a Prima Guide.  It's got a 4 page hint pamphlet.  The plumbob keychain USB drive is reasonably cool, and has some stuff on it but nothing really useful.  Somewhere I got the idea that I'd be getting a map of the town.  I got the wrong idea.  

I'll report later if the game is fun.  I haven't decided yet.

Hook

PS.  Yeah.  All caps.  The guy is yelling.

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: 2009 June 02, 22:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do love the thumb drive!!!  X^D  If nothing else, that was worth it.

I misunderstood and thought it game with the Prima Guide . . .  Damn it.  :^( 

About to install it myself and weep over the fact it is indeed, the same.  *sigh.*  I will play it once in a blue moon until I'm bored and then go back to fixing and eventually hopefully playing TS2 again.

It seems damn near impossible to give someone else my $10 points since it all relies on your registration.  Has anyone figured that one out?
WatersMoon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: 2009 June 02, 23:04:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My newer copy of the game is a tad different from the Razor copy I arr'ed. I don't think that anything is fixed - I haven't played long enough yet to actually see if the Story Progress actually toggles off or not. I haven't spotted any spawning babies of doom (and lameness) yet, but I can't say for sure. But my copy of the game from Amazon has a few new items (like, maybe 10). So that is a little bit different.

Don't step on the Mome Raths.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: 2009 June 02, 23:18:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What's the game version? That's what will tell you if the code is different or not.

There's been a lot of whining on the official forums from those who didn't pirate (and some who did and admitted it there - dumbfucks) who are having trouble with the launcher stating they don't have the latest version. They have the same one we Razor downloaders do, and the mods there have just been recommending reinstalls.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Quill
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: 2009 June 02, 23:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know if it's possible to export sims/clothing/houses from the Reloaded version and import them into the official version?  I like the ones I made and I don't want to have to try to recreate them.  Has anyone tried it?
Haughtysims
Tasty Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2039 on: 2009 June 02, 23:30:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's been a lot of whining on the official forums from those who didn't pirate (and some who did and admitted it there - dumbfucks) who are having trouble with the launcher stating they don't have the latest version. They have the same one we Razor downloaders do, and the mods there have just been recommending reinstalls.

I winced when I read those, no better way to get your accounts deactivated.  Idiots. There seems to be an idea that the 107 disc version is borked. There was no confirmation of this at the Facebook (I'm grasping at straws here.) discussion board, just a plea of "We are looking into this issue. Thanks for letting us know. We'll keep you updated! Thanks for being so patient."

Friendly and Harmless Like an Elderly Golden Retriever, Minus the Drool
Avi
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: 2009 June 02, 23:44:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having the above problem.  And no I didn't shout it from the rooftops.  I uninstalled everything and installed from the disk and it's telling me I don't have a legit copy.  It's no wonder why people arr.
Fubuki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: 2009 June 02, 23:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently there is male pregnancy, but it can be had through traditional means. Why? Because men can totally reproduce with each other and ghosts, but the thought of an alien sticking a probe up your ass is totally beyond the conceivable.

I was under the impression that male pregnancy is a bug. Besides, the thing I liked about male pregnancy in TS2 was not just that they could get pregnant, but that they could get pregnant with alien babies via unauthorized anal probing. The idea was cute and humorous.

Speaking of which, does anyone else think that TS3 seems to lack a sense of humor compared to the other two?

But my copy of the game from Amazon has a few new items (like, maybe 10). So that is a little bit different.

Interesting. Could you tell us what the new items are?
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: 2009 June 03, 00:01:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did people manage to post on the official forums without a legit serial key, I wonder?
anaximander
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: 2009 June 03, 00:15:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How did people manage to post on the official forums without a legit serial key, I wonder?

The morons used a pirated version and installed it first. Then, I bet, did NOT uninstall, and simply installed a legit version overtop. Then they went to the official forum to bitch that the launcher stated they were using an unauthorized version.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: 2009 June 03, 00:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could sign up without one. I used my Sims 2 account and transferred it (after reserving my SN).

I did that, but it won't let me post until I register a game.  That's the message it gives me, anyway.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: 2009 June 03, 01:03:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I got the legit copy, I uninstalled pirate copy and then rebooted, then installed the new one.  I could register my serial, and use the launcher...but it still tells me in the launcher welcome window that I have an unauthorized copy.
GelatinousSubstance
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: 2009 June 03, 01:10:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I got the legit copy, I uninstalled pirate copy and then rebooted, then installed the new one.  I could register my serial, and use the launcher...but it still tells me in the launcher welcome window that I have an unauthorized copy.

I wonder if it would still make that claim if you uninstall the game, delete the registry entries, and then try to re-install it.

Due to this recent news, I believe I'll hold off on purchasing it. I was going to buy it for my daughter tonight, but I'm not going to buy a borked game.

Edited for better legibility
« Last Edit: 2009 June 03, 01:19:13 by GelatinousSubstance » Logged

Doctor: "He was lucky... He was shot in the 90% of the brain that he wasn't using..."

There is no shame in not being ashamed.
TapThatBooty
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: 2009 June 03, 01:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I got the legit copy, I uninstalled pirate copy and then rebooted, then installed the new one.  I could register my serial, and use the launcher...but it still tells me in the launcher welcome window that I have an unauthorized copy.

That is very strange, I have an arrred version, and I had forgot to d/c from the internet when I had the launcher opened. I get full access to all the online features, and it quite happily informs me that my game is up to date. The only thing is that it won't install the store items, I had to use Pescado's tool for that.
Manderin
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: 2009 June 03, 01:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I had the Reloaded version. I pre-ordered back in November. Y'know, when I thought the game would be out in February. How silly of me.
I picked up my copy a little bit ago (the plumbob shiny is nice, though I haven't checked its contents) and added the second neighboorhood and the European sports car. (Which looks way better than the code given with my pre-order... I didn't try that one. It says it should be redeemed by April 15, 2009.)
In this second 'hood, there are lots of names I don't recognize. There are the Brokes. I assume they're Brandi's husband's family, but I'm not really clear. It's very annoying how they just give you the picture and the family story and the funds and difficulty and house details. I liked being able to see every single member of a house and their aspiration so I knew a little about them before deciding to play. Don Lothario is indeed here, via a teleporter. How convenient. The Newbie family is also here. I didn't play them. It's a couple and a child, who might be Bob. The households are in the bin as for the other neighborhood. Overall, I'd say the second neighborhood is a complete waste.

I had no troubles installing or anything. I uninstalled the arr'd version. When I said I wanted to, it launched the game. I closed it. It launched again immediately, then told me it couldn't run because the setup wasn't complete or some nonsense. It closed and finished uninstalling. It also asked if I was sure and something about deleting my saved games. I agreed. When I got the game up and running (the official one, with no computer restarts) I still had all my saved games. They were exactly the same.
resetsim name name has never worked for me. I told the dad to read to the toddler, so he put the kid in the high chair. Then took him out. Then put him in. Then took him out. So I got fed up and sold the high chair. The kid vanished with it. I have been unable to recover him, despite him still showing in the family picture and the relationships being intact. I'm playing on epic lifespans, so he hasn't aged from toddler yet. (Someone else said they lost a toddler, but theirs was kidnapped. Seems like being a toddler is dangerous.)
Shazaam (and shazzam and shazam) still don't work. I didn't bother trying any force opportunity cheats or anything. I don't expect them to work.

Xfire displays that I'm playing Sims 3 with the official version. It did not show the pirate version. I thought that was interesting.
Jspruced
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: 2009 June 03, 04:06:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if it would still make that claim if you uninstall the game, delete the registry entries, and then try to re-install it.

I think there is stock in it being related to the registry entries.

Out of curiosity, I opened my launcher a while ago, I got a pirated Reloaded to Razor btw. It says I have an unauthorized copy. After that, I followed instructions to uninstall SecuRom from here: http://reclaimyourgame.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68&Itemid=40. I have no idea whether I have SecuRom installed, but I did so anyways. To make the long story short, there was one file that got detected in my registry (CmdLineExt.dll), which I deleted. Now, when I open my launcher, it loads properly. I still have the pirated version.

So maybe try to follow the securom removal instructions and see if that helps.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: