More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 18:05:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 5 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1118707 times)
HomeschooledByTards
Senator

warm n jiggly

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #1325 on: 2009 May 26, 04:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone is willing to be a tester, I have a sim, 2 textures for walls and a counter recolour available on my forum. Please report any feedback about these on Sublime.
http://sublimesimsforum.net/smf/index.php?topic=1485.0

Skadi, I would love to know how to create new textures. Would you please start a tutorial thread or PM me with the details?

[19:30] <sooze> YAY BFFs
[19:30] <sooze> Bestest Foes Forever
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

aka: JonaFootBullets

View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: 2009 May 26, 04:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anyone is willing to be a tester, I have a sim, 2 textures for walls and a counter recolour available on my forum. Please report any feedback about these on Sublime.
http://sublimesimsforum.net/smf/index.php?topic=1485.0

Skadi, I would love to know how to create new textures. Would you please start a tutorial thread or PM me with the details?
Me too! I have TokiDoki jpegs id love to turn into clothes!! if possible..

Smile.
tedw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: 2009 May 26, 05:06:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These look like the game's textures recolored by Skadi, rather than jpgs imported into the game as textures - is there anything to write a tutorial thread about yet?
Skadi
Mushroom Girl
Senator

Spiderkiller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1328 on: 2009 May 26, 05:27:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I haven't done anything ground breaking, just playing with the tools in the Reloaded edition.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: 2009 May 26, 05:50:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A tiny thing, but the spelling mistake jumps out at me immediately like it was lit up with Christmas lights:

And my Sims are protesting the clowns at EA Tongue

literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: 2009 May 26, 05:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A tiny thing, but the spelling mistake jumps out at me immediately like it was lit up with Christmas lights:

Hmm...given that there are modders capable of replacing every occurrence of 'WooHoo' with its various RL alternatives, isn't there someone ready and able to mod the game so it doesn't look like it was written by a sheeple?

Have lurked MOAR, will now attempt to dodge sporks.
JonaBullets
Corpulent Cretin

aka: JonaFootBullets

View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: 2009 May 26, 06:41:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I haven't done anything ground breaking, just playing with the tools in the Reloaded edition.
Can JPEGs and whatnot be imported into the game and applyed as textures with out needing any fancy work?
eg. if i was to take a tiled background from my computer or something can it be added in with ease?

Smile.
scyllaadell
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: 2009 May 26, 07:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really starting to wish that there was a way to keep collections separate. Containers specifically for all seeds, all rocks, and all bugs would be very useful. Some sort of display for bugs would be neat, too - there's fish bowls for fish, so why not?

I also have a question pertaining to the law enforcement career track: how exactly do you write reports? I've questioned one sim and dug in the trash of two different families, and not once did the option to write a report show up. I checked both my sim's computer, his workplace, and options while he was at work - all nada. Does it require actually finding a sim guilty of something worth reporting on?
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: 2009 May 26, 07:59:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was egged on by The FOJ, kiki and Nec to do this.

http://zoopy.com/q/xdh (fullscreen toggle werkz).

or

http://tinyurl.com/haveaseatvideo (same video)

P.S. I hate the camera movement control system in TS3!! It sux. Also, I was too lazy to make a proper 3-walled Sim video set, so deal with that, k.

ETA: Myubo sux, link zorched.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 26, 08:22:58 by Lorelei » Logged

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
tedw
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: 2009 May 26, 08:01:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can JPEGs and whatnot be imported into the game and applyed as textures with out needing any fancy work?
eg. if i was to take a tiled background from my computer or something can it be added in with ease?

This isn't possible at the moment; you can only work with the textures that EA has included with the game and change the colors when you apply them to clothes, furniture, walls, etc.
mandababy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: 2009 May 26, 08:04:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm really starting to wish that there was a way to keep collections separate. Containers specifically for all seeds, all rocks, and all bugs would be very useful. Some sort of display for bugs would be neat, too - there's fish bowls for fish, so why not?

I also have a question pertaining to the law enforcement career track: how exactly do you write reports? I've questioned one sim and dug in the trash of two different families, and not once did the option to write a report show up. I checked both my sim's computer, his workplace, and options while he was at work - all nada. Does it require actually finding a sim guilty of something worth reporting on?

If you get enough evidence it will pop up and say that your sim has found some very promising evidence on the sim, while digging in their trash. I never got the questioning to work for me, but trash did. Then you go to the computer and under the "Writing" tab it will have write a report on whatever sim you got evidence on.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1336 on: 2009 May 26, 08:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was egged on by FPJ, Kiki and Nec to do this.

http://zoopy.com/q/xdh (fullscreen toggle werkz).

or

http://tinyurl.com/haveaseatvideo (same video)

P.S. I hate the camera movement control system in TS3!! It sux. Also, I was too lazy to make a proper 3-walled Sim video set, so deal with that, k.

ETA: Myubo sux, link zorched.

Awesomeness.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: 2009 May 26, 08:34:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never got the questioning to work for me, but trash did. Then you go to the computer and under the "Writing" tab it will have write a report on whatever sim you got evidence on.

Questioning works quite well, and the funny thing is the more info you get, the more information there is available for the reports and the better they turn out.  I tend to line up certain interactions - greet, ask about career, get to know, tell funny story and then question.  If the Sim they're talking to is in the criminal track, I will make sure they get every single bit of information from that Sim that they can because those reports are worth the most.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: 2009 May 26, 08:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a display for bugs, I dragged a beetle out from inventory to the floor and it got it's own little display case thingy.

Also, it took me a bit to figure the second one out. I first greeted Bella and then did the 'Question' interaction. She said I was boring and wasn't having it. I said she was a overrated something or other and moved on. Next I went to harass her mother and she did the same thing. I figured they were just snobs but decided to keep at it. I did a few chat interactions and told her that her house looked lovely and then did the question interaction. It worked this time. He basically learned all her traits rapidly and then there was a 'Write a report on...' option under 'Writing' on his laptop. Silly Eaxis, real cops don't have to brighten peoples day before asking them questions.

My laptop's video card is a Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset

This. Enough said.

In other news, I have found out that leftovers transfer automagically between houses when you move. I have also found that it's way too easy to get someone in bed. It takes them forever to get to best friends but with one or two romantic interactions you are going at it like wild pigs! I miss turn ons and attraction, though it will probably be in the 3rd reincarnation of hot date. And that newspaper lies, it said some new fambly named McGreggor? I think... moved in but I can't find them. L&P!
« Last Edit: 2009 May 26, 08:49:59 by Chain_Reaction » Logged
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1339 on: 2009 May 26, 08:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is TS2 modding over?  My biggest fear is you modders will lose interest in TS2 now, like so many did with TS1 (understandably, mind you), and in time there'll be no more beautiful shinies to add to my game *sigh*

The thing is I got bored with Sims 2 some months ago, that's why I haven't been doing stuff for it lately.  It's not because of Sims 3 coming out.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1340 on: 2009 May 26, 08:54:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i went through a lot of trial and error. first thing i did was the steps on the sims3tools forum to get custom packages to work. then i put one of her packages in program files/sims3/mods/packages and double clicked it. it seemed like it just installed to the default my documents download folder, but whatever... the texture showed up in the 'create a style' thing.

The Downloads folder is a step in the process of importing Sims3Pack files, just like the Teleport folder was in Sims 2.  However the instructions you read take into account the final destination for the files the game uses directly.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Roflganger
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: 2009 May 26, 08:55:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And that newspaper lies, it said some new fambly named McGreggor? I think... moved in but I can't find them. L&P!

Are you sure they didn't move in?  I have found it's extremely hard to find the homes of people you don't know yet.  Hell, it's hard to find the homes of people you DO know if they aren't home, or if their household name isn't their last name.  Some sort of text directory is really, really needed. 

I have found the paper to be fairly accurate in reporting births and deaths. I do wonder what the cut off time is for an event to make it in the next day's paper.  I had a couple marry on a Tuesday evening and it only made it into Thursday's paper, so I'm guessing it's not midnight.

At any rate, does anyone know whether it's necessary to read the newspaper every single day to keep up, or will it save up events you don't know about? 

Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
gyrobot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: 2009 May 26, 09:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Completed the Culinary career, got a new fridge and a food processor, apparently the fridge ups your dish quality by 1 level.
coralleane
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: 2009 May 26, 09:17:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At any rate, does anyone know whether it's necessary to read the newspaper every single day to keep up, or will it save up events you don't know about? 

Either it doesn't save them, or my neighbourhood is incredibly boring. :-p 
Heinel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1344 on: 2009 May 26, 09:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bugs and butterflies have their cases.  They're stackable too, so you can do some really cool stuff if have a lot of them.  Jewels, once cut, have their own displays as well.  You just need to click on them and select the option.

What is missing though are shelves, so I can display all my jewels without them taking every usable slot in the house.
dorquemada
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: 2009 May 26, 10:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there an option to auto-move family's belongings when changing houses? My lil' pixels finally can afford something better than a huge shoebox with a roof (god I hate building houses!), but when I think about draging-and-dropping the gazillion of plants, the shoebox starts to look not that bad.

As for report writing -- dumpster-dive until you get a message that you found some stuff on a sim who lives in that lot, then there's option to write a report on the computer. Dumpster-diving is way more interesting than questioning, people throw away funny stuff like uranium ore.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: 2009 May 26, 10:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there an option to auto-move family's belongings when changing houses? My lil' pixels finally can afford something better than a huge shoebox with a roof (god I hate building houses!), but when I think about draging-and-dropping the gazillion of plants, the shoebox starts to look not that bad.

Use move option on computer.

Edit: try also to read my posts on page 30 abobut moving.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 26, 10:26:15 by blackcat » Logged
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1347 on: 2009 May 26, 10:19:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, someone needs to fix prison.  They don't feed starving inmates, and they don't let you sleep either.  I know prison is tough, but I didn't know they tortured people who weren't suspected terrorists.

About the collecting stuff - is there anything you can do with smelted metals besides sell them?  Are there better gem cuts that you can get at certain points?

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

farmersimmer
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: 2009 May 26, 10:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have to say I agree with PES and INGE,the seammily wander around nieghbourhood seems a plus, but detracts from the siming- a forced get out and interact with legacy bots...collect/ search etc like spore....
I waited for so long for this hyper sims3 not a sims 2 with seamelss enforced neighbourhood interaction.
I want more of my content from wonderful creaters that made tS2 great, not a limited EAxis shitful take this  shit or pay$$$...
Pes and Inge really made the game special
simologiical was my fave sim site as was MATY and insim... I guess i have to wai untill these geniuses make it playable as they did with sims 2, but that shouldnt be up to them
or the brains like Crazetex,,
ALL i can say is thankyou so much for your efort and love for sims to make it a game above what we are given,or have to pay $100  for after the hype abortion of spore= you guys make sims2/3 AWESOME!
thankyou
now bash me for being a smoocher kiss kiss xxxx
« Last Edit: 2009 May 26, 10:55:04 by farmersimmer » Logged
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: 2009 May 26, 10:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question... when a teen is at skool and meets friends... and becomes good friends etc.. with this silly storymode turned on.. (play epic) would these sims from skool grow up in time with my teens? allowing them to later on possibly have these friends turn into lovers. or whats the go there? still borked in that regard?

I've raised a generation so far, and their friends did age up with them, though not necessarily on the same day (because they're not all exactly the same age).  If a school friend has not aged up fast enough to suit you, invite them over, get a birthday cake, click on the cake and choose them to blow out the candles.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: