More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:54:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1112031 times)
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #575 on: 2009 May 21, 15:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone else MARRY their sims? I can't seem to make it happen and it's driving me up the wall? Maybe I have that alpha version? How would I figure that out?

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: 2009 May 21, 16:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can anyone else MARRY their sims? I can't seem to make it happen and it's driving me up the wall? Maybe I have that alpha version? How would I figure that out?

I finally got mine engaged but it's tricky. See this post:

If however you have been wondering why you can't propose steady relationship/woohoo/ask someone to move in at certain times, this MAY help. Or if you already know how this works and still can't find the stuff, then something is probably bugged/implemented crappily. Go EA!

Basically, each method of chatting seems to have different tiers, with more interactions available with each successive tier. In the upper left it says what the person is currently thinking of the conversation. Friendly chatting starts with them "thinking [sim name] is okay." Next after that is thinking you are sociable and thinking you are friendly (can't remember which comes first).

Flirting starts with "[sim name] is flirty", then followed by "is very alluring", and finally, "is extremely irresistible". From what I've seen, going steady only shows up with that very last stage, and I'm assuming marriage is the same. And you get to the next stage by doing the interactions in that grouping till it gets up there. Yes this means you usually can't just walk up to someone and do the woohoo interaction for example (unless you have specific traits blah blah blah).

Hopefully this helps some people, and if stuff still isn't appearing when you think it should be, then I have no clue yet. I still haven't tried to get people married yet, so I don't exactly know where that is. I know I've seen "ask to move in" in the friendly section, and it is probably at one of the higher tiers of friendly chat.

Edit: The interactions not appearing till higher tiers seems to apply at ALL times. Even if you have a sim as a romantic interest and with a very high relationship, it doesn't look like you can walk right up to them and make out/woohoo out of the blue. You have to go through each tier yada yada until you get to the right one and the interactions show up.

Basically, you have to have a high enough relationship AND have them perform certain romantic interactions in order to get the option to come up. It's very annoying.

I sing along with elevator music.
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: 2009 May 21, 16:08:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ROFL! That is ridiculous but at least I know how to know. thanks a bunch.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #578 on: 2009 May 21, 16:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure there are no abductions -- ghosts are supposed to be the base game's 'supernatural' creature.  

Bah. Ghosts. I'm assuming as playable, otherwise they'd be no different to Sims 1/2. But what can ghosts even do? "Ooh, look at me, I'm slightly see-through. Uh, I mean, BOO!"

nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #579 on: 2009 May 21, 16:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think theres much need for custom eyes now that you can use the color wheel to set them to any color you please.
Color is not the point. Making them look less toony is the point.

Quote from: Inge
Ok I now understand what is going on.

EA leaked a "pirated" copy of the game, knowing that the type of people who would be attracted to gaining the game in this dastardly way are precisely the type of people most likely to track down bugs and tell Pescado about them.   This way, Pescado can come up with solutions in time for EA to use his fixes in a patch very soon after the game comes out officially.   It's all good, folks.
LOL! If they just hired him in the first place, I doubt the game would have many bugs, and it would be moar playable by our standards. But I'm sure they couldn't pay him ENOUGH for the aggravation of having to deal with the idiots who want BFFs and other stupid things.

Ah, I see bluesoup had the same thing happen to her toddler. Tongue That needs fixin!

Quote from: Faizah
Speaking of, I know it's a minor question with the wealth of crap to wade through, but do we have alien abductions in the game? Or any 'supernatural' element?
No aliens. We have ghosts. I'm sure they'll add more later. Tongue You can have babbyz with ghosts apparently. Tongue

And they left out the freakin pool table, again!
But there is foosball! Cheesy

Is it bad that I'm most bothered by the fact they couldn't be bothered to put in an upper and lower body slider?
I was actually wishing for this earlier!! Most people don't have evenly distributed fat. Tongue

Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: 2009 May 21, 16:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Two colours for eyes -would- be nice.  As for what ghosts can do?  Apparently they can cook.
Jorganza
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: 2009 May 21, 16:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone found the cheat that gets rid of the grid for placing objects and the cheat that allows full 360 degree placement?
I tried snapobjectstogrid false and all the combination I can think of, and I looked in the lessons and the help screen but I
haven't found anything yet.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: 2009 May 21, 16:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an interesting experience playing last evening.  My Sim came out of work at City Hall, and this elder woman (no one my Sim knew) just dropped dead at the top of the steps.  My Sim and others in the immediate area gathered around to mourn while Grimmie came to take her.  The tombstone appeared briefly, then faded away after Grimmie left.  My Sim got the want to visit the graveyard, so we went there the next day.  Could not find the grave of the deceased.  I don't know, it was all just kind of interesting.  Oh, and also, some punk came up and insulted and taunted my Sim, I guess for her concern.  Tongue  She went home in a VERY bad mood.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: 2009 May 21, 16:31:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone found the cheat that gets rid of the grid for placing objects and the cheat that allows full 360 degree placement?
I tried snapobjectstogrid false and all the combination I can think of, and I looked in the lessons and the help screen but I
haven't found anything yet.

No cheat, just hold Alt while moving and turning as usual.
literatebse
Blathering Buffoon

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: 2009 May 21, 16:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it bad that I'm most bothered by the fact they couldn't be bothered to put in an upper and lower body slider?
I was actually wishing for this earlier!! Most people don't have evenly distributed fat. Tongue

Even worse?  This was supposed to be in the game.  Around February/March they took it out and never mentioned it again.  I have to say, though -- these obese sims certainly don't look like they have A-cups.  Still, what's with the quads from hell?

Have lurked MOAR, will now attempt to dodge sporks.
Sammy
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: 2009 May 21, 16:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that a lot of furniture seems to have been taken directly from TS2 and recycled, but what else is new? This displeased me. I also noticed, as I was poking through the usual assortment of ugly window coverings, that windows actually bleed through.

<snip>

I tried a bunch of different window coverings, but the same thing happened to all of them. I didn't try different windows, but I can only assume, this is Eaxis afterall, that it's the same for all of them.

Are you certain you didn't have the window facing the wrong direction? The ledge is on the inside and I don't think that's quite right.

It was an Eaxis-made house and if you look closely you can see the little turny-handle-thing that is on the inside of windows, normally used to crank open the window. I also tested the same window-shade in a house that I had built, windows definitely facing the right direction. I'll go in and triple-check, though.
Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: 2009 May 21, 16:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can make green-skinned Sims, but afaik that's the closest you get to aliens. Angry

Anyone else get error code 13 when trying to save? since it seems like the Technical Problems thread is only being used for install issues.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: 2009 May 21, 16:45:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My couple finally got married.  They were in a romantic relationship and had woo-hooed, but I was stumped by the fact that their propose-type option was to go steady.  I figured it must be because they were young adults, though that seemed stupid.  However, it was still that way after they became adults.  So I had one of them suggest going steady, which was accepted.  Then they had to option to get engaged, so I got them engaged.  Then they could either have a private ceremony, or throw a wedding party.  I had them do a wedding party in the park.  There is no wedding arch or wedding cake or champagne that I could find, but once everyone was there I clicked "get married," everyone gathered around, and they exchanged their vows and rings.

I think it's really dumb they have to go steady first.  No one above teens should have that option.  But oh well, now I know.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Horrible Halfwit

DON'T PANIC!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #588 on: 2009 May 21, 17:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had any problems with getting my female sim to want to woohoo/marry one of the townies (shouldn't be difficult anyway considering that she's 1.) a hopeless romantic and 2.) very flirty and friendly), but sadly she wants to woohoo/marry the premade sim named Pauline Wan (or whatever the hell her name is) who's already engaged.  Which wasn't stopping my sim, but something else made her sadden a bit.

One day, they were hanging out, and Pauline was without baby.  The very next day they hung out, Pauline looked so pregnant, she appeared to be in the freaking third trimester already.  My sim was obviously upset about this although she still rubbed Pauline's tummy.  In any case, tribblebabies have finally infected my game.  I'm starting to wonder if all adult female premades are shipped already pregnant.

Too many retards
cum heer n tipe jus liek dis
ENGLISH, LEARN YOU SOME

INTP, if you care about that.
VacantBlue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: 2009 May 21, 17:06:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's really dumb they have to go steady first.  No one above teens should have that option.  But oh well, now I know.

Sounds like EA's attempt to indicate that a couple is in a committed relationship although not engaged. 

I actually really wanted that option in TS2.  On the other hand, "going steady" sounds a bit childish.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: 2009 May 21, 17:16:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want a crisp, clean looking white use a pattern without any texture.  Under the Misc. tab there's one lonely swatch that's white.  Try that.   

I already did that. The problem is that the alpha for the shadows for the said objects is too dark. My guess is they made it so it shows on dark colours as well. But for the light colours it is too dark. Also, the clean white does not look clean and white, it's more like a mix of pixelated white, cream, pink, grey and green. I repeat, I tried this without a texture. All white objects show this issue, including the fridge and the oven.
Are you sure that's the problem?  Because when I use that swatch in my game things actually look white.  *shrugs*

Might be a difference between your monitors.  I just upgraded from a 5+ year old CRT monitor to an LCD and it's amazing how different everything looks.  I just discovered that the "black" roses in S2 are actually blue....
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: 2009 May 21, 17:18:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The definition of "rich" the game uses leaves much to be desired. I had a sim last night who was trolling for guys and had a conversation with Stiles McGraw. She discovered that he was rich. On move-in, he brought $900. I wouldn't call that rich. I'd call that destitute.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Peggy_Leggy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: 2009 May 21, 17:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If Sunset Valley is Pleasantview in the past, why didn't they name it Pleasantview?

Good question.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: 2009 May 21, 17:22:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The definition of "rich" the game uses leaves much to be desired. I had a sim last night who was trolling for guys and had a conversation with Stiles McGraw. She discovered that he was rich. On move-in, he brought $900. I wouldn't call that rich. I'd call that destitute.

Did he live with his parents or others, possibly?  Maybe it would have been different if she'd moved in with him?  Just a thought.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: 2009 May 21, 17:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did he live with his parents or others, possibly?  Maybe it would have been different if she'd moved in with him?  Just a thought.

Can you choose to move in with a townie? That would be sweet! I'd just make my sim live on an empty lot and troll for rich sims to mooch off of.

INTJ
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: 2009 May 21, 17:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He lived with approximately three others. Even so, household funds were about $3600. Not rich.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Peggy_Leggy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: 2009 May 21, 17:38:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims are ugly and it's difficult for me to play if I can't stand the sims of the neighborhood.

This is my concern. How emotionally invested in the game can we possibly become if we are disgusted by the way the characters look?
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #597 on: 2009 May 21, 17:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is my concern. How emotionally invested in the game can we possibly become if we are disgusted by the way the characters look?

I found the Sims 2 sims ugly, and I suspect that is why I rarely played other than to test hacks.   I find the Sims 3 far more realistic and attractive.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Aner-Dyfan
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: 2009 May 21, 17:49:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm finding that money isn't much of an issue. You can use other houses for washing/food etc. You can even sleep in them, but you risk the chance of being woken. This means you don't bother with a house with walls, save money that way (also walls cause loads of pathing issues) so you should have a large pool of money to work from initially allowing you to get several good items to ensure they get high powered moodlets this makes premotion easier to obtain and earn money.

Also when you aren't busy in that respect go find collectables, some are stupidly valuable. Like butterflies worth well over $1000. Or if you have the space get the klepto trait and steal valuable items from all houses you visit. All in all, money is harder to come by but the basic needs are so limited for your sims you don't need any money.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: 2009 May 21, 17:58:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, what you're saying is that even if we can't have a technically destitute homeless sim sleeping in parks (as pointed out by Zazazu) because of the need to replenish energy, we can have klepto-moocher sims that essentially live off other people?

That sounds like a fun idea.  I'm glad I thought of it.  (Now if only the verdammt download would finish some time before the actual bloody release date...)

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: