More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 12:03:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 84 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds  (Read 1111754 times)
specialtoffee
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: THE HORROR: The REAL TS3 Scoop As It Unfolds
« Reply #550 on: 2009 May 21, 12:20:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My neat/green thumb sim appears to have some options similar to macro > clean and macro > garden. She has a "clean house" action by clicking on the floor indoors and "tend to plants" will apparently deal with all of them that need any kind of attention. I don't know if these are trait specific or if anybody gets them but it's a nice improvement over unmodded TS2.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 21, 12:47:41 by specialtoffee » Logged
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #551 on: 2009 May 21, 12:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would have thought being evil would leave little room for other sentiments, such as friendliness or romantic urges.   They should have made all other emotional traits unavailable once evil is chosen, leaving only skill type traits such as how intelligent or artistic they are.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: 2009 May 21, 13:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would have thought being evil would leave little room for other sentiments, such as friendliness or romantic urges.   

Not true.  As the Son of Perdition, I am dedicated to evil, and yet I lead a full life, rich with friendships and romance.  Evil IS "romantic" in a literary sense.  It is just moar fiery and dangerous.  Why do girls like guys with a "dark side" after all?  It's certainly not because they have no room for romantic urges.  Evil people don't like being bored or lonely any more than the hypocritical good people.  If you have no room in your life for others, there is nobody to torment.

Tribulatio proxima est
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #553 on: 2009 May 21, 13:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has there been any advancement on trying to hack the file formats?

Is there somewhere on this site (or elsewhere) that this is being reported?

Can I get a brain cheap?  Used will do if in good condition!

Yes

Sort of

No

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Piffle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: 2009 May 21, 13:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would have thought being evil would leave little room for other sentiments, such as friendliness or romantic urges.   

Not true.  As the Son of Perdition, I am dedicated to evil, and yet I lead a full life, rich with friendships and romance.  Evil IS "romantic" in a literary sense.  It is just moar fiery and dangerous.  Why do girls like guys with a "dark side" after all?  It's certainly not because they have no room for romantic urges.  Evil people don't like being bored or lonely any more than the hypocritical good people.  If you have no room in your life for others, there is nobody to torment.

And how better to win your way into potential victims' trust than to charm them with your friendliness and and sense of humor?

First they came for the Wal-Marts, and I said nothing because I was not tacky...
Dizzymental
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: 2009 May 21, 13:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I played it for some hours, and while I have no issues with the sims, or the gameplay, I do have some concerns regarding the graphics. I have an nvidia 8600 videocard with 512 mb memory and inspite of the fact that all settings were on high and gameplay was smooth, the textures look very blurry and pixelated, especially on close-ups. Even the sims's skins. Also, I noticed that from a normal play camera height, texture details go missing. I made a sim with red and white polka dots shoes and the dots were visible only when I viewed them in extreme close-up. I also have an issue with the dark shadows on the objects. I tried to make *white* towels but the result was more like dirty white towels. And the same thing happened with the curtains, the bedsheets, the leather couch that's also in sims2.  And the indoors lightning seems to suffer from the same drawback as the radiance lightning mod for sims2. The objects near the light source glow and appear overexposed while those a few squares away are very dark. Maybe I don't play enough games to make a reasonable comparison of what is realistically achievable in terms of technology, but I find these issues very annoying, especially when we had very beautiful clean textures in Sims2 and the lightning was good even though it was not realistic. Maybe it's an issue with my card, or maybe it's just the way the game renders objects. But if that's the case I don't think it should render objects with lower quality when you're inside the lot. It's very annoying because things seem hazy.

Just wanted to say that I have the same card and the same problem with grey textures that should be white... dunno if it's the game or the card though that does it... but I guess on the game.

I know exactly what you mean. Ever play EA's Godfather on the PC? Same kind of hazy pixellated look to the graphics. The blurry textures in Sims 3 remind me of that game.
« Last Edit: 2009 May 21, 14:05:29 by Dizzymental » Logged
cyperangel
Garrulous Gimp

Lipless expert in stupid questions

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 2009 May 21, 13:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone ever made it to the top of the science career? You get to do experiments on all the furniture, whic can either give beneficial effects like better comfort or roomscore, or set stuff on fire. Finally something good came out of this tedious work business.

BTW, anyone figured out how to get an omni plant at home?

LK: I think the closest thing to a "soft heart" you'll find in JM's possession is the one he ripped out of some hapless fool's chest.
If you google "More Awesome Than You" - you'll find it. Please read the FAQs carefully before posting - their motto is MOAR FIGHT!They are not a snuggly bunc
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #557 on: 2009 May 21, 13:52:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's put it this way.  Peter has already made a "sort of" SimPE for sims 3.  Er in a rudimentary non-user-friendly sort of way.  But it already allows for the editing of files that will dictate stuff I have already mentioned, like the conditions for using particular objects, and how fast your bladder fills etc etc.

Dizzymental
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 2009 May 21, 14:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the modded sims skins for sims 3 that will really make a difference this time, I think.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #559 on: 2009 May 21, 14:04:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's great news Inge!!  I assume the objects work when put back in the game (IE don't need Digital Sigs.)?

Any chance of it being made available for download?  Maybe in the SimPE QA section?

We don't know if the objects work when put back, because I am not running the pirate version in order to test it.  However, it could be as good a time as any to release what we have, so someone can test it and report back.

NB, This is a *modders* tool, not a player utility.  Support will not be given to anyone without existing technical or game modding abilities.  Other authors are planning player-targeted tools.

Honeywell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 2009 May 21, 14:09:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also have an issue with the dark shadows on the objects. I tried to make *white* towels but the result was more like dirty white towels. And the same thing happened with the curtains, the bedsheets, the leather couch that's also in sims2. 
Just wanted to say that I have the same card and the same problem with grey textures that should be white... dunno if it's the game or the card though that does it... but I guess on the game.
If you want a crisp, clean looking white use a pattern without any texture.  Under the Misc. tab there's one lonely swatch that's white.  Try that.   
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 2009 May 21, 14:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yo, NOOBS. This is another warning to mind your manners. Spelling and grammar count. No wall of text, and don't double post. Try not to be morons, although I realize this is asking you to fight your natures. Those of you thinking "she doesn't mean me":  I MEAN YOU.

Carry on.

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #562 on: 2009 May 21, 14:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims3Tools, that up-till-now neglected site.  It's nothing to do with SimPE so we won't burden Quaxi's server with it.

simsdesperado
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 2009 May 21, 14:59:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want a crisp, clean looking white use a pattern without any texture.  Under the Misc. tab there's one lonely swatch that's white.  Try that.   

I already did that. The problem is that the alpha for the shadows for the said objects is too dark. My guess is they made it so it shows on dark colours as well. But for the light colours it is too dark. Also, the clean white does not look clean and white, it's more like a mix of pixelated white, cream, pink, grey and green. I repeat, I tried this without a texture. All white objects show this issue, including the fridge and the oven.
Jack Rudd
Grammar Police

Grammar Militia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #564 on: 2009 May 21, 15:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

we waited 6 years for this???cmmon EA your kidding?

oh no there not,that's how they to get you to buy more -except this has had years in the making?

Twice West of England chess champion
FIDE rating 2328
Official MATY Predictable Puellile Poser
In Memoriam: WFM Jessie Gilbert, 1987-2006
Honeywell
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 2009 May 21, 15:05:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already did that. The problem is that the alpha for the shadows for the said objects is too dark. My guess is they made it so it shows on dark colours as well. But for the light colours it is too dark. Also, the clean white does not look clean and white, it's more like a mix of pixelated white, cream, pink, grey and green. I repeat, I tried this without a texture. All white objects show this issue, including the fridge and the oven.
Are you sure that's the problem?  Because when I use that swatch in my game things actually look white.  *shrugs*
nekonoai
Weeaboo
Retarded Reprobate

Hell yeah.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #566 on: 2009 May 21, 15:10:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some of you have already seen these images, but I wanted to share an interesting bug that happened to a toddler in game.  Cheesy

I think she was trying to talk to her mom, who was on the couch in front of her. Since she already learned how to talk. But they kind of fucked the animation. Tongue
« Last Edit: 2009 May 21, 15:41:34 by nekonoai » Logged
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: 2009 May 21, 15:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The more I see it, the more gruesome it gets.

Tribulatio proxima est
seanachai
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: 2009 May 21, 15:14:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is just terrifying, hahaha!

I've seen something similar happen in TS2, but this is worse.  Shocked
Faizah
Lipless Loser

INFP/INTJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #569 on: 2009 May 21, 15:15:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm finding these stretched toddlers hilarious. They look like something out of sci-fi.

Speaking of, I know it's a minor question with the wealth of crap to wade through, but do we have alien abductions in the game? Or any 'supernatural' element?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: 2009 May 21, 15:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It sucks that it takes twice the number of old rotting newspapers now before the damn paper delivery kid will stop coming.
Twice the number? You mean that pest actually STOPS after a certain point?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Chloe
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: 2009 May 21, 15:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's really obnoxious that they pushed back the release date to "fix up the game", when it looks far more buggy than TS2 did (at least, that I remember -- it's been a long time since I played an unmodded TS2).  I know they wanted to improve their profits and all, but it would have been nice if they actually did work on it some more.  It really seems like this should be a beta version, though I know it isn't.  

I wasn't planning on arrr'ing the game at all because downloading was taking a million years, but I'm reconsidering now.  A game this buggy certainly isn't worth $50.

Speaking of, I know it's a minor question with the wealth of crap to wade through, but do we have alien abductions in the game? Or any 'supernatural' element?

I'm pretty sure there are no abductions -- ghosts are supposed to be the base game's 'supernatural' creature.  
Soggy Fox
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: 2009 May 21, 15:26:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it bad that I'm most bothered by the fact they couldn't be bothered to put in an upper and lower body slider?  Come on, people.  Both men and women have different proportions.  And most overweight women I know do -not- have an A-cup chest.  Plenty of other games have a teen rating and the ability to adjust the chest out.  And even men have different proportions between hips and chest.  No wonder our sims all look alike in 3
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #573 on: 2009 May 21, 15:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I have no qualms about downloading it. It isn't the first time I've downloaded a game, and it certainly wont be the last. If a game is worth it, I will fork out the money for it. I'm sure this game is destined for the bargain bin at Kmart sooner or later. I may buy it then.

And they left out the freakin pool table, again!

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: 2009 May 21, 15:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have noticed books disappearing after learning a new recipe. I figured that it should go in the bookcase for others to learn. What is up with costing 1000 simoleons for a book learning that cake, I forgot the name. Too high.

Are we talking about the cook book series, or is this something else?  When they finish a book -- any book -- that they own, they put it into their inventory.  If you want them to put it on the bookshelf, go to their inventory and click on the book and choose "Put away."

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: